• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Quarter-Final Picks (Thanksgiving Weekend)

Started by hornetfever, September 28, 2014, 07:51:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hornetfever

I know its early but with the bracket out I made my picks for Thanksgiving weekend.
JC at Magnet Cove
Dierks at EPC
Bearden at Hazen
Earl at Gurdon
Can come back in November and see how accurate.

Dragon I

Des Arc @ JC
PC @ EPC

Bearden @ Hazen
Earle @ Gurdon

HorseFeathers

....I tend to agree with Dragon I at this point, might swap Earle and EPC...

Dragon I

PC got the Smackover draw of last season.  Unless they screw around and beat Rison.  Then they have to make a second trip to JC.  They are a different team when they run the Wildcat with Hay and Jackson.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Dragon I on September 28, 2014, 08:50:30 pm
PC got the Smackover draw of last season.  Unless they screw around and beat Rison.  Then they have to make a second trip to JC.  They are a different team when they run the Wildcat with Hay and Jackson.

I was gonna ask what was up with only having 3 teams from the 8 in the Quarterfinals, until I glanced at the bracket, terrible draw for the 3 seed :D

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: HF on September 28, 2014, 08:46:52 pm

And swap des arc and hazen. 😁

hornetfever

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on September 28, 2014, 09:39:02 pm

In Hazen this year dream on Pick!!!  8) 8) 8)

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: hornetfever on September 28, 2014, 10:00:56 pm
Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on September 28, 2014, 09:39:02 pm

In Hazen this year dream on Pick!!!  8) 8) 8)

Doesn't matter where its played

RiverEagle079

HorseFeathers

If hazen doesn't win the 6 this year, they may never do it again....

cav2012

Donnie Jamon

You are starting to get on my bad side. Lol j/k but would love to play JC in the finals bc that is the only team that can beat us ha

Donnie Jamon

Quote from: cav2012 on September 28, 2014, 11:12:20 pm
We will win it next year as well

McCrory wins it next year. You lose most of your line

Dragon I

Changes all over for my picks.

Hazen@JC
Woodlawn@Earle

Rison@DesArc
Cross County@Gurdon

RiverEagle079

playmaker04

Quote from: Dragon I on October 19, 2014, 08:54:23 pm

Hazen@JC
Woodlawn@Earle

Rison@DesArc
Cross County@Gurdon
A trip to Gurdon. Was there in 2011,my sons sr year. They whipped us in a first round game. We owe em one and I wanna hunt for that go-devil! Lol

GusBrown

Quote from: playmaker04 on October 22, 2014, 01:07:34 pm

Hazen@JC
Woodlawn@Earle

Rison@DesArc
Cross County@Gurdon
A trip to Gurdon. Was there in 2011,my sons sr year. They whipped us in a first round game. We owe em one and I wanna hunt for that go-devil! Lol
and yall will get whipped again if that plays out lol

playmaker04

We'll have to see. We still got plans to be a number #1 seed anyway. I believe this scenario has us as a 2 seed.

cuz

Quote from: HF on September 28, 2014, 08:52:49 pm
Quote from: Dragon I on September 28, 2014, 08:50:30 pm

I was gonna ask what was up with A only having 3 teams from the 8 in the Quarterfinals, until I glanced at the bracket, terrible draw for the 3 seed :D
Strong had the exact draw when they won state....... ;)

GusBrown

Quote from: playmaker04 on October 22, 2014, 01:29:28 pm
We'll have to see. We still got plans to be a number #1 seed anyway. I believe this scenario has us as a 2 seed.
Nice would be cool to see CC as a 1 seed. I know they were a 5 in 2011.

godgiven999

Quote from: playmaker04 on October 22, 2014, 01:07:34 pm

Hazen@JC
Woodlawn@Earle

Rison@DesArc
Cross County@Gurdon
Well come on back down! We will leave the light on for ya  ;D

hornetfever

Week 8 Revised Picks

Des Arc @ JC
Mount Ida @ Cross County
Rison @ Hazen
EPC @ Gurdon

BIGDOG

Des Arc @ Junction City
Mount Ida @ Earl
EPC @ Rison
Cross County @ Gurdon

Notice three 3-2A teams in the Quarter Finals
Earl Bulldogs are fixing to start rolling when it counts!

Donnie Jamon

CCounty can't be the 3 seed. Either Earle or EPC

The_Devil_Himself

Quote from: playmaker04 on October 22, 2014, 01:29:28 pm

You've got that one figured just about right.

hornetfever

Quarter Final picks week 11 (Revised)

Des Arc at JC
Woodlawn at Earl
Rison at Hazen
Cross County at Gurdon

Dragon I

baseballgod91

November 19, 2014, 06:35:28 pm #29 Last Edit: November 19, 2014, 06:37:12 pm by baseballgod91
JC @ Conway Christian
Woodlawn @ Earle
Rison @ Hazen
McCrory @ Poyen

godgiven999

Gurdon is about to beat McCrory like a drum :o

bdubyab60

big E

Des arc @ Jc
Brinkley @ Earle
Rison @ Hazen
Cross county @ Gurdon

swarfan

Quote from: baseballgod91 on November 19, 2014, 06:35:28 pm
JC @ Conway Christian
Woodlawn @ Earle
Rison @ Hazen
McCrory @ Poyen

Sorry, but that will not happen.  Gurdon wins this one by 3 touchdowns.  34-14 Go-Devils

playmaker04

Des Arc @ JC
Brinkley @ Earle
Epc @ Rison
McCrory @ Cross County

Cheek

CC @  JC
Woodlawn @ Earle
Hazen @ Hector
Poyen @ Gurdon

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Cheek on November 21, 2014, 11:38:36 am
CC @  JC
Woodlawn @ Earle
Hazen @ Hector
Poyen @ Gurdon

Cheek, you KNOW you really don't believe in these picks, you are just hating on your old conference. 😁

By the way, how is basketball season going?

Cheek

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on November 21, 2014, 11:49:33 am
CC @  JC
Woodlawn @ Earle
Hazen @ Hector
Poyen @ Gurdon

Cheek, you KNOW you really don't believe in these picks, you are just hating on your old conference. 😁

Pick, I went fishing this morning, and finally caught one.

How am I hating on the old conference.  The only game that I had trouble with was the Des Arc and CC.  I gave the edge to CC because they are at home.  The Brinkley vs Woodlawn should not be a close game.  I watched Woodlawn play JC and they remind me of an old Carlisle team.  They are huge on the line and have a strong running game.   I did pick Hazen to win, and I know that hurts some, but EPC has their number and can pull it out.    So really, I would not be surprised if Des Arc wins, but I will be shocked if Brinkley wins.     Sorry, I forgot one from the 6AA, but there is no way McCrory is going to beat Gurdon.

Basketball is great, it is warm inside, and we win a lot.  The England Boys and Girls should be top 5 in 2A.   I hope Des Arc does win Friday, because if they lose, it will be a entire year before they have anything to cheer about.  Football then nothing. 

England finished the season 8-3 with the three teams that beat them still in the playoffs. 

bleudog

Cheek, IF Conway Christian and Junction City meet this year, JC will be the visitors. Thank you AAA.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Cheek on November 21, 2014, 12:45:29 pm
CC @  JC
Woodlawn @ Earle
Hazen @ Hector
Poyen @ Gurdon

How am I hating on the old conference.  The only game that I had trouble with was the Des Arc and CC.  I gave the edge to CC because they are at home.  The Brinkley vs Woodlawn should not be a close game.  I watched Woodlawn play JC and they remind me of an old Carlisle team.  They are huge on the line and have a strong running game.   I did pick Hazen to win, and I know that hurts some, but EPC has their number and can pull it out.    So really, I would not be surprised if Des Arc wins, but I will be shocked if Brinkley wins.     Sorry, I forgot one from the 6AA, but there is no way McCrory is going to beat Gurdon.

Basketball is great, it is warm inside, and we win a lot.  The England Boys and Girls should be top 5 in 2A.   I hope Des Arc does win Friday, because if they lose, it will be a entire year before they have anything to cheer about.  Football then nothing. 

England finished the season 8-3 with the three teams that beat them still in the playoffs. 

This rain will make c.c. one dimensional, will take their passing game away. As for Brinkley dont be shocked when they win, its not the normal Brinkley team. Yea Hazen should win. And Mccrory has an outside chance with the field being wet and negating that super Gurdon speed.

As for it being a year before we have something to cheer about, yall know how that is, cause with yall its basketball or nothing, i mean des arc is as good in basketball as England is in football. Yall have a good round ball coach, we dont.

Cheek

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on November 21, 2014, 01:02:37 pm
CC @  JC
Woodlawn @ Earle
Hazen @ Hector
Poyen @ Gurdon

This rain will make c.c. one dimensional, will take their passing game away. As for Brinkley dont be shocked when they win, its not the normal Brinkley team. Yea Hazen should win. And Mccrory has an outside chance with the field being wet and negating that super Gurdon speed.

As for it being a year before we have something to cheer about, yall know how that is, cause with yall its basketball or nothing, i mean des arc is as good in basketball as England is in football. Yall have a good round ball coach, we dont.

Pick,  England finished the season 8-3 and Des Arc could likely finish 9-2.  I do not see much of a difference.  England will also compete in Baseball and Track.

Pick, I know what Brinkley is capable of,  but Woodlawn will push them around and drive the ball down the field.   Woodlawn would win most conferences this year except the 8AA.   

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Cheek on November 21, 2014, 03:24:44 pm
Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on November 21, 2014, 01:02:37 pm
CC @  JC
Woodlawn @ Earle
Hazen @ Hector
Poyen @ Gurdon

Pick,  England finished the season 8-3 and Des Arc could likely finish 9-2.  I do not see much of a difference.  England will also compete in Baseball and Track.

Pick, I know what Brinkley is capable of,  but Woodlawn will push them around and drive the ball down the field.   Woodlawn would win most conferences this year except the 8AA.

Well after we win tonight, and all the teams from the 5 are playing basketball, you will see the difference.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

CC @  JC
Woodlawn @ Earle
Hazen @ Hector
Poyen @ Gurdon

Cheek, how do you like your crow? 😉

Cheek

The 6AA  proves they are the best tonight with 4 teams still playing.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Cheek on November 21, 2014, 09:43:09 pm

You are a stand up guy cheek. Yall are welcome to come back.

cuz

Let's see who'll be standing at WMS?????? ;D ;D

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: cuz on November 21, 2014, 09:45:54 pm
Let's see who'll be standing at WMS?????? ;D ;D

J.c. and hazen.

I will not argue that j.c. is on a different level, but you seriously cant argue that THIS year the 6, as a whole is the best conference(playoff teams)

Cheek

I will be at JC next Friday to watch the DesArc game.

Dragon I

I'm still willing to argue!  You can thank the AAA for these ridiculous brackets!  LOL!

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Dragon I on November 21, 2014, 09:53:11 pm
I'm still willing to argue!  You can thank the AAA for these ridiculous brackets!  LOL!

Seriously, where would it be any different after the first round? Throw out j.c. and we have a good bracket.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas