• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

5 2A Football

Started by bigworm, April 28, 2014, 09:14:14 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

lionfan59

Quote from: True Fan on September 23, 2014, 11:35:08 am
Quote from: lionfan59 on September 23, 2014, 11:28:13 am
"Confidence is the most important single factor in this game, and no matter how great your natural talent, there is only one way to obtain and sustain it: work" Is something that these boys know about, they have seen what not working together gets you and they have seen what working together gets you.  I'm sure that the competition is going to get tougher for us, but that will go two ways.  Your competition just got tougher with the Lions coming into the 5-AA. 
How can you say this has yet to be seen.  these kids have already shown this.  They understand that they must work hard and work together to win.  They have seen how not doing so will lead to failure. 

That remains to be seen.

True Fan

Nothing to get your feelings hurt about. Has England played a conference game yet?

The 2A-5 has been labelled weak and slow. However, there have been some epic battles between some Panthers, and Eagles, and even some Lions.

The England Lions may bring some competition or they may finish in the middle of the pack fighting for a playoff spot.

It remains to be seen.

bigworm

I agree 100 percent. Nothing has been proven. Just hype. MC is king of 5 2A until someone proves otherwise. MC wont lay down and give it to anyone. Gonna be a 4 qtr battle.

lionfan59

Quote from: True Fan on September 23, 2014, 07:02:12 pm
Nothing to get your feelings hurt about. Has England played a conference game yet?

The 2A-5 has been labelled weak and slow. However, there have been some epic battles between some Panthers, and Eagles, and even some Lions.

The England Lions may bring some competition or they may finish in the middle of the pack fighting for a playoff spot.

It remains to be seen.

Going back to my original post.

bigworm

speed is only good when the speed guys are giving all they have. if the speed guy is goin 80 percent and the opposition is goin 100 percent it evens things out.

BigLion10

keohog

Quote from: bigworm on September 24, 2014, 01:58:15 pm
speed is only good when the speed guys are giving all they have. if the speed guy is goin 80 percent and the opposition is goin 100 percent it evens things out.
Depends on how fast the 100 percent guy is , 60 percent may be enought. lol

bigworm

Quote from: keohog on September 24, 2014, 02:40:19 pm
Quote from: bigworm on September 24, 2014, 01:58:15 pm
Depends on how fast the 100 percent guy is , 60 percent may be enought. lol

no doubt

True Fan

Quote from: lionfan59 on September 24, 2014, 11:23:38 am

"Confidence is the most important single factor in this game, and no matter how great your natural talent, there is only one way to obtain and sustain it: work" Is something that these boys know about, they have seen what not working together gets you and they have seen what working together gets you.  I'm sure that the competition is going to get tougher for us, but that will go two ways.  Your competition just got tougher with the Lions coming into the 5-AA.

What I heard - Confidence blah blah blah natural talent blah blah work blah blah these boys know blah blah not working together blah blah working together blah blah competition tougher blah blah go both ways.
Your competition just got tougher with the Lions coming into the 5-AA.

Steamrolling bad teams can give you false confidence and can make natural talent appear to be strong teamwork. I'm not saying that is where y'all are. Just pointing out that,

it remains to be seen.   ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

lionfan59

Quote from: True Fan on September 24, 2014, 03:18:46 pm

What I heard - Confidence blah blah blah natural talent blah blah work blah blah these boys know blah blah not working together blah blah working together blah blah competition tougher blah blah go both ways.

Steamrolling bad teams can give you false confidence and can make natural talent appear to be strong teamwork. I'm not saying that is where y'all are. Just pointing out that,

you are right I drop my head to the great one, the one and almighty TRUTH. ;D ;D ;D ;D

cdelaney

Ok so I am violating two of my own rules  here: 1) talking about scrimmage games; and 2) comparing scores. But whatever, it's FF
1)I saw England in their scrimmage/benefit, and they looked pretty good (more than just fast).
2)I saw where Magnet Cove lost to BHG, which lost to Conway Christian. I saw CC play ECS and they were not close to the England team I had seen earlier.

My faulty logic tells me England will win

lionfan59

Quote from: cdelaney on September 24, 2014, 03:45:04 pm
Ok so I am violating two of my own rules  here: 1) talking about scrimmage games; and 2) comparing scores. But whatever, it's FF
1)I saw England in their scrimmage/benefit, and they looked pretty good (more than just fast).
2)I saw where Magnet Cove lost to BHG, which lost to Conway Christian. I saw CC play ECS and they were not close to the England team I had seen earlier.

;)

bigworm

Quote from: True Fan on September 24, 2014, 03:18:46 pm

the only thing worse than steamrolling bad teams is getting beat by them.

True Fan

September 24, 2014, 05:16:23 pm #113 Last Edit: September 24, 2014, 05:31:55 pm by True Fan
Quote from: bigworm on September 24, 2014, 04:21:31 pm
the only thing worse than steamrolling bad teams is getting beat by them.

Point?

True Fan

Quote from: lionfan59 on September 24, 2014, 03:27:08 pm

you are right I drop my head to the great one, the one and almighty TRUTH. ;D ;D ;D ;D

Such a drama queen. When all I'm saying is the exact same thing that you are.  ::)

Quote from: lionfan59 on September 22, 2014, 11:08:46 am
We will see how good these boys really are come Friday Night.

Bigditchlion

You will be a lion fan soon, true. Lions will earn your respect!!! We don't mind pressure. Forget point spreads, we just want a W.

lionfan59

Quote from: Bigditchlion on September 25, 2014, 08:06:57 am
You will be a lion fan soon, true. Lions will earn your respect!!! We don't mind pressure. Forget point spreads, we just want a W.
:o

HorseFeathers

Well some junction city fans were just complaining that there was no fun fans left on here. . . . Looks like the england guys will soon fill that void . . .

Cheek

Not all the ones posting about us are from England.  The first post about England having a good team were from Carlisle fans.

Dragon I

It happens every year HF!  Just got to wait a few weeks into the season.

lionfan59

September 25, 2014, 12:08:14 pm #120 Last Edit: September 25, 2014, 12:09:45 pm by lionfan59
Quote from: HF on September 25, 2014, 11:45:02 am
Well some junction city fans were just complaining that there was no fun fans left on here. . . . Looks like the england guys will soon fill that void . . .

well I will, I aint skeered...and plus I understand when it comes down to it...First off, this is the internet and I take nothing seriously on the internet.  2nd, I like to mess with folks.......3rd....It does not matter what we say here.. it all depends on the kids and coaches not us...old guys....4th....I just like to talk......5th....welllll...England does have a good football team this year...Truth of the matter is this we have not won many games over the years and have no ring on the finger...but I do love this lil town. This group of kids are great groups of kiddos...that I'll support rather it is in football or life....

oh and you know what just to throw this out there....JC is liked a lot more by this lion fan than them lil stingers from Hazen......

lionfan59

Quote from: Dragon I on September 25, 2014, 12:00:58 pm
It happens every year HF!  Just got to wait a few weeks into the season.
na its going to last...I have more spare time on my hand now..... :P :P :P :P :P :P

ARKDAD50

Quote from: lionfan59 on September 25, 2014, 12:08:14 pm

well I will, I aint skeered...and plus I understand when it comes down to it...First off, this is the internet and I take nothing seriously on the internet.  2nd, I like to mess with folks.......3rd....It does not matter what we say here.. it all depends on the kids and coaches not us...old guys....4th....I just like to talk......5th....welllll...England does have a good football team this year...Truth of the matter is this we have not won many games over the years and have no ring on the finger...but I do love this lil town. This group of kids are great groups of kiddos...that I'll support rather it is in football or life....

oh and you know what just to throw this out there....JC is liked a lot more by this lion fan than them lil stingers from Hazen......

And now you had to bring up Hazen in it!!!! What have we done to deserve your anger??
Oh, I guess beating you every year for the past how many??

lionfan59

Quote from: ARKDAD50 on September 25, 2014, 12:16:40 pm
Quote from: lionfan59 on September 25, 2014, 12:08:14 pm

And now you had to bring up Hazen in it!!!! What have we done to deserve your anger??
Oh, I guess beating you every year for the past how many??

Stalker!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL....That may have something to do with it......LOL....

BigLion10

Conference season officially starts tonight I know england is at MC tonight please post games and scores here

True Fan

Magnet Cove is 1-0 in conference play. ;

cdelaney

Quote from: cdelaney on September 24, 2014, 03:45:04 pm

Told you it was faulty logic

lionfan59

yall awake out there...... ???

True Fan

Y'all told everyone that conference champ would be settled in week four. It's settled and nobody wants to talk about playing for 2nd place. ;)

Bigditchlion

Mc can't play them all at home. England can't make that many mistakes either. 28 flags and still only won by 6. That one is over, can't press rewind.  Now on to the bigelow game. Go lions, play mistake free ball and go hard every play.

lionfan59

Quote from: True Fan on October 02, 2014, 02:57:15 pm
Y'all told everyone that conference champ would be settled in week four. It's settled and nobody wants to talk about playing for 2nd place. ;)
. I bet you True drives a big truck.

True Fan

Miata, actually, most days.

bigworm

Yep. Strike me as the Miata type.

lionfan59

True Fan

Or, my Jeep. When I can get my girl out of it.
And, yea, I do have a big truck. But, its main duty is to haul the camper to the lake and haul off trash.

True Fan

Quote from: bigworm on October 02, 2014, 09:52:45 pm
Yep. Strike me as the Miata type.

Been told that it looks like Shrek driving a Hot Wheels.

MomaLion

Lol, I can see it...actually I drive a Fiat so i'm in the same boat  :)

baseballgod91

Poyen is the best overall team and best coached team in this conference. Not speaking as a fan of any of these teams im speaking from seeing all these teams play. Poyen should win the conference but anybody can beat anybody on any friday.

lionfan59

Quote from: baseballgod91 on October 03, 2014, 11:59:54 am
Poyen is the best overall team and best coached team in this conference. Not speaking as a fan of any of these teams im speaking from seeing all these teams play. Poyen should win the conference but anybody can beat anybody on any friday.
agree with part of comment. Anyone can be beat!

Bigditchlion

I can agree with that anybody can beat anybody, few timely calls and/or penalties can really affect a game. That's why we play, just glad England has a good squad full of great character kids!

baseballgod91

Poyen dominated magnet cove in every aspect of the game. Magnet cant say they overlooked Poyen this year. Poyen beat them bad tonight. Look out 5 2A Indians are for real

lionfan59

Looks like a showdown coming next Friday night.  England won tonight 30-0!!!

BigLion10

We travel to conway Christian next Friday for another away game

Sweet

Is this correct?

Cutter-Morning Star   2   0   26
Conway Christian   2   0   26
England                   1   1   13
Bigelow                   1   1   13
Poyen                   1   1   13
Magnet Cove           1   1   6
Mountain Pine           0   2   0
Quitman                   0   2   0

BigLion10

keohog

Quote from: Sweet on October 03, 2014, 09:58:19 pm
Is this correct?

Cutter-Morning Star   2   0   26
Conway Christian   2   0   26
England                   1   1   13
Bigelow                   1   1   13
Poyen                   1   1   13
Magnet Cove           1   1   6
Mountain Pine           0   2   0
Quitman                   0   2   0
Thanks Sweet

Bluffer

October 03, 2014, 11:44:05 pm #146 Last Edit: October 03, 2014, 11:55:39 pm by Bluffer
Well welcome to the Wild Wild 5 :o. if you would have told me that the conference would be aligned like this after 2 weeks I would have said you were crazy!

Its going to be a exiting year. I don't think there is a favorite for this conference at this time!

gatecrasher

Who would have thought CC and CMS would be leading the league at this point?

I like CMS' chances. If you haven't seen Andrew Bennett, grab you some popcorn when you see this team play. Over 1100 yds of offense already. Nobody has stopped him yet.

And he's only a sophomore.

baseballgod91

Bismark stopped him. They havent played anybody yet

gatecrasher

I wouldn't call almost 200 yds of offense in a game with a combined 80 points "stopping" anyone.
And the phrase "they haven't played anybody" is stupid. You play who's on the schedule.
A&M hadn't played anyone before last Saturday. The talk was Arkansas was their toughest test to date.
See how that turned out.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas