• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2A-3 District Tournament at Carlisle

Started by NEark tigers, February 06, 2018, 01:31:30 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

MomaLion

Quote from: Mr. Trill on February 17, 2018, 01:55:14 pm
Moma I'm going to remember those comments, let's just see how this goes for real.
By all means

mtindian42

Quote from: MomaLion on February 17, 2018, 03:59:12 pm
At least we aren't scared of competion.
what competition did y'all play that's greater then ours? Ja fair is all I see. Earle will be yalls toughest competition in quite sometime now. We will know more about y'all here in a few.my post is just that moma no hard feelings lol

MomaLion

Quote from: mtindian42 on February 17, 2018, 04:05:58 pm
what competition did y'all play that's greater then ours? Ja fair is all I see. Earle will be yalls toughest competition in quite sometime now. We will know more about y'all here in a few.my post is just that moma no hard feelings lol
Central, McGhee and Pine Bluff were all better than Earle.

mtindian42

Quote from: MomaLion on February 17, 2018, 04:15:41 pm
come on moma you have a better basketball mind then to believe that. Lol. Come on now. Be realistic

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: razorbackrob on February 17, 2018, 02:21:04 pm
Bildo, you better tell Pick that I'm not scared to tackle that bear.

I'm not sure that you are ready for her. Lol

MomaLion

Ctucker

Quote from: MomaLion on February 17, 2018, 04:15:41 pm
doubt it but I have no proof! Of course you don't either just a opionion!

MomaLion

underdog678

MomaLion

Pick_DA_EAGLES

underdog678

Pick_DA_EAGLES

BigLion10

Sonofasonofasailor

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on February 17, 2018, 07:26:31 pm
Fouls

Looks like the officiating still has your green and whitey tighties in a bunch. 

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Sonofasonofasailor on February 17, 2018, 07:46:27 pm
Looks like the officiating still has your green and whitey tighties in a bunch.

Lol. Naw it's all in fun dingle berry.

BigLion10

Tigerpride37

Any score from the Clarendon /Earle game yet ?

BigLion10

Half time
Earle 26
Clarendon 24
Earle hits 3 at buzzer to end half

NEark tigers

Finally, I got some wifi service here...

Congrats to Carisile on the win, Earle just let our emotions got the best of us late...off to the regionals.

NEark tigers

I wanna meet moma lion....never got the chance to meet ya..

Pick_DA_EAGLES

NEark tigers

Yes, I'm wearing aqua polo shirt....

Earle 43
Clarendon 31

End of three..

Pick_DA_EAGLES

bbfan89

February 17, 2018, 09:35:52 pm #224 Last Edit: February 17, 2018, 09:42:32 pm by bbfan89
Lets go dogs! I want to watch an Earle vs. Marked Tree final next weekend.

Ctucker

mtindian42

Ctucker

mtindian42

NEark tigers

Earle 61
Clarendon 55

FINAL

Back to back district tourney champions

Bildo

Quote from: NEark tigers on February 17, 2018, 09:07:36 pm
Finally, I got some wifi service here...

Congrats to Carisile on the win, Earle just let our emotions got the best of us late...off to the regionals.
Thanks... The final score is not a true reflection of how good Earle is.

BigLion10

Earle dominated the game from start to finish

Dogg

Should have won by 20+. Momma Lion where you at?

MomaLion

Quote from: NEark tigers on February 17, 2018, 09:18:51 pm
I wanna meet moma lion....never got the chance to meet ya..
I was there... Will be at regionals next week as well.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Dogg on February 17, 2018, 10:27:23 pm

There were a lot of f.f. posters in attendance.

MomaLion

Quote from: BigLion10 on February 17, 2018, 10:21:06 pm
Earle dominated the game from start to finish
Yes they did. Congrats to Earle. We hope to get another crack at y'all next week.

MomaLion

Quote from: Dogg on February 17, 2018, 10:27:23 pm
I've been driving. Congrats to Earle,  y'all controlled the game. I'm hoping for a rematch.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Earles depth wore down clarendon in my opinion. And in the 2nd Half, it was like the Clarendon guards forgot about Cartwright as there were to many possessions in a row that he didn't touch the ball.

Mr. Trill

MOMA I DID SAY EARLIER THAT I WOULD COME BACK TO YOUR COMMENTS AND HERE I AM!!!! Sorry for your loss all of these years

LC sports

MomaLion

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on February 17, 2018, 11:27:39 pm
Earles depth wore down clarendon in my opinion. And in the 2nd Half, it was like the Clarendon guards forgot about Cartwright as there were to many possessions in a row that he didn't touch the ball.
No,  we came out flat and stayed that way. It seems that they all forgot they were a team.

MomaLion

Quote from: Mr. Trill on February 17, 2018, 11:35:48 pm
MOMA I DID SAY EARLIER THAT I WOULD COME BACK TO YOUR COMMENTS AND HERE I AM!!!! Sorry for your loss all of these years
No worries,  it's not over.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: LC sports on February 17, 2018, 11:47:08 pm
Here's my story on the Carlisle-Earle game.

http://www.lonokecountysports.com/2018/02/lady-bison-hold-off-earle-to-win-2a-3.html

Nice write up! And your brother has Carlisle playing some really good ball at the right time. #10 can play.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: MomaLion on February 17, 2018, 11:49:02 pm
No,  we came out flat and stayed that way. It seems that they all forgot they were a team.

No? How can my OPINION be wrong? It's what I saw.

Neither team played well, was a sloppy game. With terrible shooting by both teams, would like to see the team stats for the game.

hogsfan4life

We didn't handle the extended half court zone very well. Passed lazy which allowed Earle to get to chase the bell rather easily. We just didn't move the ball around well. Played very poorly and had uncharacteristic turnovers. Of course Earle brought the intensity and played very well on d so that's the main reason. And they hit 3s.  Was a physical game. Congrats Earle on district.

NEark tigers

Quote from: Bildo on February 17, 2018, 10:14:54 pm
Thanks... The final score is not a true reflection of how good Earle is.
Yeah, but we uncharacteristicly missed a lot of point-blank range shots and we wasn't playing with urgency...

Cheek

Congrats to Carlisle girls.  They played an outstanding game.  If they continue to play at this level, they will be in Hot Springs in a few  weeks.  They hit most of their open threes, and grabbed all the rebounds. I was really impressed in the fourth quarter when Earle cut the lead to ten.  Both teams were tired, but Carlisle dug deep and put them away. Good luck in regionals.

I have to agree with Pick on the boys game.  Earle was patient on offense and worked the ball around looking for a quality shot, and took advantage of Clarendon lazy passes.  I only saw  Clarendon attempt one play in the game to get the ball to their post player.   The rest of the time , the guards drove the basket taking terrible shots.  They need to learn there is not a shot clock in HS basketball, so what was the rush.  Clarendon can beat 95 percent of the 2A teams on athletic ability alone but Earle is not one of them.  Clarendon can make it to Hot Springs with this team,  but  they have to feed the big dog for that to happen.

Bildo

LC sports

Quote from: MomaLion on February 17, 2018, 11:49:02 pm
thank you sir!

MomaLion

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on February 17, 2018, 11:56:33 pm
No? How can my OPINION be wrong? It's what I saw.

Neither team played well, was a sloppy game. With terrible shooting by both teams, would like to see the team stats for the game.
Well,  considering that we played better in the last period,  depth wasn't a problem. Both teams played about the same number of players. We had our worst game of the season. Probably partly from being over confident and getting frustrated. Ultimately Earle performed better.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas