• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

3A State Tournament

Started by Radiotalker, February 24, 2018, 07:13:52 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Radiotalker

Potential great 1st round match ups for both girls and boys.

On the boys side it appears to be wide open. I don't see any team as "the team" to beat.

what about loser of McGehee/Drew Central possibly playing Tuckerman 1st round

CoolBreeze

Quote from: Radiotalker on February 24, 2018, 07:13:52 am
Potential great 1st round match ups for both girls and boys.

On the boys side it appears to be wide open. I don't see any team as "the team" to beat.

what about loser of McGehee/Drew Central possibly playing Tuckerman 1st round
It's likely a top team will fall in the first round. Unless Tuckerman goes to sleep this afternoon against Glen Rose. Or is too busy licking their wounds over the loss to Harding to focus on taking care of business.

Jimbo Morphis

Drew Central loses in the first round to Tickerman which upgrades parking situation to Suck.

beach bum

Drew Central 2018 state champs...

CoolBreeze

Quote from: Oldman on February 24, 2018, 12:04:31 pm
Drew Central loses in the first round to Tickerman which upgrades parking situation to Suck.
LOL!

Oldman, you've done it again.

CTEPirateFan

February 24, 2018, 01:50:03 pm #5 Last Edit: February 24, 2018, 09:30:34 pm by CTEPirateFan
GIRLS BRACKET

Tues at 1pm
1st-2 Harding Academy
4th-4 Prescott

Wed at 4pm
2nd-1 Charleston
3rd-3 Hoxie

Tues at 4pm
1st-4 Fordyce
4th-2 Marianna Lee

Wed at 7pm
2nd-3 Riverside
3rd-1 Lamar

Tues at 7pm
1st-3 Mountain View
4th-1 Elkins

Thurs at 1pm
2nd-4 Fouke
3rd-2 Rose Bud

Wed at 1pm
1st-1 Two Rivers
4th-3 Melbourne

Thurs at 4pm
2nd-2 Bald Knob
3rd-4 Junction City

CTEPirateFan

February 24, 2018, 01:56:49 pm #6 Last Edit: February 24, 2018, 09:34:30 pm by CTEPirateFan
BOYS BRACKET

Tues at 2:30pm
1st-2 Harding Academy   
4th-4 Junction City   

Wed at 5:30pm
2nd-1 Jessieville   
3rd-3 Manila   

Tues at 5:30pm
1st-4 McGehee
4th-2 Glen Rose   

Wed at 8:30pm
2nd-3 Rivercrest   
3rd-1 Charleston   

Tues at 8:30pm
1st-3 Osceola   
4th-1 Elkins   

Thurs at 2:30pm
2nd-4 Drew Central   
3rd-2 Tuckerman   

Wed at 2:30pm
1st-1 Perryville
4th-3 Valley Springs   

Thurs at 5:30pm
2nd-2 Barton   
3rd-4 Centerpoint   

biglion1985

This just a score update to help fill out bracket but Manila just beat Valley Springs 73-41

501Arkansas

Quote from: biglion1985 on February 24, 2018, 02:48:59 pm
This just a score update to help fill out bracket but Manila just beat Valley Springs 73-41
Oh my god

biglion1985

Yeah I know right 501 we made too many mistakes and couldn't hit free throws but good luck tonight in the championship game

501Arkansas

Quote from: biglion1985 on February 24, 2018, 06:48:38 pm
Yeah I know right 501 we made too many mistakes and couldn't hit free throws but good luck tonight in the championship game
Thanks man hopefully we can pull it off

CoolBreeze

Quote from: Oldman on February 24, 2018, 12:04:31 pm
Drew Central loses in the first round to Tuckerman which upgrades parking situation to Suck.
Oldman, it looks like that in addition to being a wit, you may be a prophet. Drew Central, he all-powerful for-certain state champs, lost to McGehee tonight for the 3rd time. So, they will face Tuckerman in the opening round of the state tournament. Tuckerman should win, unless there is a HUGE home-court advantage.

teachers pet

What kind of seating, all bleachers?

CTEPirateFan

Visitors side is pullout bleachers and the home side just got cushions placed on them within the last couple weeks. No chair backs. Be ready to be cozy in there.

ISU7

CoolBreeze

Quote from: beach bum on February 24, 2018, 12:19:11 pm
Drew Central 2018 state champs...
Dream on. They didn't win either district or regional tourney.

BB4Life

How much is it to get in???  Do 5 and under have to pay? 

#1Nole

Looking Forward to Some Good Basketball Starting Tomorrow!!!!!!

teh29

Harding academy
Manila
McGee
Rivercrest
Osceola
Tuckerman
Valley springs
Barton(?)

Round 2:
Manila
McGhee
Osceola
Valley springs

Round 3:
McGehee
Osceola

Osceola champs

Haven't seen many of these teams play.. So give me a break! Done some research into each..as much as possible.. But as they say.. "That's why they play the games!" good luck and safe travels to all family friends fans teams etc! Looking forward to a great tournament!

teachers pet

Just saw a picture of the arena on Twitter,  doesn't look like it will seat enough for a state tournament.

RedWolf275

No doubt it is too small. AAA does some peculiar things a lot of the time.

Bigpoppie

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: teachers pet on February 27, 2018, 09:23:18 am
Just saw a picture of the arena on Twitter,  doesn't look like it will seat enough for a state tournament.
You're a little late to this party. It will help if Drew Central loses to Tuckerman but will still be pretty bad. People are really going to be happy with it raining the 2.5 days. Bring boots and an umbrella.

CTEPirateFan

School isn't providing a live stream last I checked. They have local church vans as shuttles for people who have to park further from the entrance.

Hitman Warrior23

Any Livestream?
Oops seen it's been answered

Head Lion

Taking my tape measure and if it doesn't meet qualifications, I will be bringing it to the attention of AAA. A lot of good it will do, but will not go without being called out.

teachers pet

I wonder what logic or formula they use to schedule what days teams play. Some teams(If they win of course) have to play the next day, some get 1 day odd, some get 2 days off.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Head Lion on February 27, 2018, 11:20:00 am
Taking my tape measure and if it doesn't meet qualifications, I will be bringing it to the attention of AAA. A lot of good it will do, but will not go without being called out.
Yep they don't care. If they did the tournament would be at a place like UCA.

Head Lion

Quote from: Oldman on February 27, 2018, 12:47:36 pm
Yep they don't care. If they did the tournament would be at a place like UCA.
Sadly, they don't Oldman

eamo8911

February 27, 2018, 01:57:02 pm #29 Last Edit: February 27, 2018, 02:16:17 pm by eamo8911
Quote from: teachers pet on February 27, 2018, 12:45:09 pm
I wonder what logic or formula they use to schedule what days teams play. Some teams(If they win of course) have to play the next day, some get 1 day odd, some get 2 days off.

They just go down the bracket.  1 seeds play first to give them an advantage. 2 seeds play after 1-4 seed games are completed, and then from there, they just go down the bracket.  Two teams get shafted by having to play back-to-back days if they win, but logistically it makes sense, e.g. the winner of Bald Knob and Junction City in girls has to play Thursday, then Friday in the quarterfinal, then Saturday if they were to win that game. The winner of quadrant 1 (girls: harding, Prescott, Charleston, Hoxie) get a day off between elite 8 and semifinals while the other three semifinalists will have to play back-to-back.

To be somewhat fair, it is my understanding that regions are rotated in regards to placement on the bracket each cycle to ensure that the teams 1,2, 3, and 4 from the parts of the bracket that are affected are not always from the same region.. Meaning, Harding Academy's region might not draw the #1 spot in the top quadrant (first four teams/two games) position in 2019-20.

lostintheweeds

That is a good explanation - thank you.  I follow a little better now.

owl84

What's the score on the McGehee game?

CTEPirateFan

Owls up 11-2 according to Twitter

bleudog

February 27, 2018, 07:52:31 pm #33 Last Edit: February 27, 2018, 08:12:15 pm by bleudog
3A State Boys:
Harding Academy 53 
Junction City 61 
Final

https://twitter.com/AAA_Scores/status/968606845760933888

bleudog

bleudog

BICMUSTANG4LIFE

Quote from: Head Lion on February 27, 2018, 11:20:00 am

HL, You been using that tape measure today?   ;D   
good luck to the Lions !!!

Head Lion

Seats 1324, worse than that, tightest rims in any gym I've ever been. That is why all the scores are so low.

bleudog

February 28, 2018, 07:36:10 pm #38 Last Edit: February 28, 2018, 07:38:26 pm by bleudog
Quote from: Head Lion on February 28, 2018, 07:16:44 pm
Seats 1324, worse than that, tightest rims in any gym I've ever been. That is why all the scores are so low.

How'd they get away with that?

STATE
1A-Seating capacity for 1200
2A-Seating capacity for 1500
3A-Seating capacity for 1500
4A-Seating capacity for 1800
5A-Seating capacity for 2000
6A & 7A-Seating capacity for 2200

NOTE: 
Seating capacity is based on a minimum width of 18 inches.  Using the formula of number of feet times 12 divided by 18.

https://members.ahsaa.org/public/userfiles/Admin/2017-18_AAA_Handbook.pdf

bobcats

3A is holding their state at a small old gym, meanwhile the 1A is at Morrilton in one of the top gyms in the state.

lostintheweeds

Quote from: Head Lion on February 28, 2018, 07:16:44 pm

HL, glad to hear you say that.  It looked like that was the case, but I wondered.  Seeing lots of long bounces.

Paperman

How about those Manila Lions

Head Lion

Quote from: Paperman on February 28, 2018, 08:05:54 pm
How about those Manila Lions
Thanks friend, it was a grinder. Jessieville is a good club.

ISU7

Quote from: bobcats on February 28, 2018, 07:50:22 pm
3A is holding their state at a small old gym, meanwhile the 1A is at Morrilton in one of the top gyms in the state.
Bid bid bid bid bid

AT

Boys

Charleston - 13
Rivercrest - 11

end of 1Q

biglion1985

ISU7 Manila did bid for state and would've been a better choice from the videos I seen just saying

Head Lion

Anyone who has been in Tuckermans, it is the same exact gym. It was built during the Works Project, I figure.

501Arkansas

Hopefully Osceola bid next season as the new area will be done this summer or before next basketball season

ISU7

Quote from: biglion1985 on February 28, 2018, 09:41:13 pm
ISU7 Manila did bid for state and would've been a better choice from the videos I seen just saying
Im just bumping my gums bro 😂😂

Head Lion

Bad thing Osceola has an administrator on the voting board & he voted for DC, instead of county & conference foe, Manila.🤔🤔🤔🤔

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas