• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

5A Week 9 Fan Poll

Started by AT, October 19, 2018, 10:56:15 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

JessieP

Quote from: AHS06 on October 23, 2018, 12:44:20 pm
Sad to say your team is not even ranked!

I guess in lieu of winning it all, being ranked by FF fans is of great importance to Texarkana fans. Hang in there, a few seasons of "Being ranked" in the 5A will really make your resume pop when you petition to drop to 4A. Look out 7th graders in 3A, You'll have the Razorbacks to deal with come senior season.

AHS06

Quote from: MDXPHD on October 23, 2018, 01:48:32 pm
Ranked by fearlessfriday fans...Yes, so sad I guess? At least we will both finish the season lacking the hardware and jewelry that matters most right?

I can't wait for everyone to remember who finished 3rd, 4th, or 5th this season. I know that's what is important to you Texarkana folk.
Seems to only matter to those lacking the hardware.  The poll submissions by a lot of fans on here are bias.  You are fascinated with Arkansas High, I hope they don't let you down.

AHS06

Quote from: JessieP on October 23, 2018, 01:55:31 pm
I guess in lieu of winning it all, being ranked by FF fans is of great importance to Texarkana fans. Hang in there, a few seasons of "Being ranked" in the 5A will really make your resume pop when you petition to drop to 4A. Look out 7th graders in 3A, You'll have the Razorbacks to deal with come senior season.
I could care less of FF fans rankings.  For the record I didn't mention FF rankings LOL. 

RazorDad

October 23, 2018, 02:01:52 pm #53 Last Edit: October 23, 2018, 02:11:01 pm by RazorDad
Since the mercy rule has been brought up a couple of times in this thread, I thought it would be interesting to see how some of the teams stacked up. So, here are the number of full quarters played under mercy rule this season:

LRCA 11
Harrison 9
PA 7
McClellan 7
Texarkana 4
Nettleton 3
Blytheville 2, 2 by opponents
Batesville 1, 3 by opponents
Alma 0

Only 3rd and 4th quarters are counted per the rule.

MDXPHD

Quote from: AHS06 on October 23, 2018, 01:56:39 pm
Seems to only matter to those lacking the hardware.  The poll submissions by a lot of fans on here are bias.  You are fascinated with Arkansas High, I hope they don't let you down.

I'm just fascinated with them because of their fans. I would love nothing more than Texarkana to knock off PA - trust me on that! If that game happens, believe that I'll be pulling for you. But, I just don't think Arkansas High has done enough in 5A to act like they're as good as they think. Maybe they will this year - who knows.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: JessieP on October 23, 2018, 01:03:21 pm
To me this is a legitimate Top 10 list. It makes sense, you could argue about flipping some positions but overall it is thought out. To all the posters keeping Blytheville in the Top 10 I want to knock on their foreheads and scream "Hello, McFly, is anyone in there? Hello, they got MERCY RULED by an unranked team. Is anyone home in there"?. I think maybe everyone needs to sit down, turn off the TV and focus on what I'm saying. Are you ready? Here goes "Top 10 teams do not get mercy ruled by unranked teams, EVER". Many teams have been beaten badly by lower ranked teams but guess what? THEY LOSE THEIR RANKING.
Dude would you just kill it with all the hatin. Their total body or work was better than average until the forfeit thing happened. One game is not a TOTAL body or work. I will take them down a notch now since they had to forfeit a couple of wins. One of them being a conference win.

MDXPHD

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on October 23, 2018, 02:10:13 pm
Dude would you just kill it with all the hatin. Their total body or work was better than average until the forfeit thing happened. One game is not a TOTAL body or work. I will take them down a notch now since they had to forfeit a couple of wins. One of them being a conference win.

I will never forget when LRC beat Gwood in 2007 by 40 points or so just a few weeks before they lost to them by 20 in the championship. Nobody dropped Greenwood out that year after losing so bad.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: RazorDad on October 23, 2018, 02:01:52 pm
Since the mercy rule has been brought up a couple of times in this thread, I thought it would be interesting to see how some of the teams stacked up. So, here are the number of full quarters played under mercy rule this season:

LRCA 11
Harrison 9
PA 7
McClellan 7
Texarkana 4
Nettleton 3
Alma 0

Camden Fairview 2

RazorDad

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on October 23, 2018, 02:15:27 pm
Camden Fairview 2

Added, thanks!

LRCA 11
Harrison 9
PA 7
McClellan 7
Texarkana 4
Nettleton 3
Camden Fairview 2
Alma 0

JessieP

LRCA 11
Harrison 9
PA 7
McClellan 7
Texarkana 4
Nettleton 3
Alma 0

And that graphic is germane to the discussion because? Oh wait, it's not. I guess you could use your futile post to prove 2 things. That being neither Blytheville or Batesville deserves to be a top 10 team. Hey, Thanks for the support Razor.

RazorDad

Quote from: JessieP on October 23, 2018, 02:20:26 pm
And that graphic is germane to the discussion because? Oh wait, it's not. I guess you could use your futile post to prove 2 things. That being neither Blytheville or Batesville deserves to be a top 10 team. Hey, Thanks for the support Razor.

I'll support your cause if Batesville wins out and Blytheville continues to self-destruct. But as of today, Blytheville moves to the bottom of my top ten and Batesville moves up to 11 or so, which a big jump from a couple of weeks ago. Just keeping it real, bro.

JessieP

Quote from: RazorDad on October 23, 2018, 02:30:36 pm
I'll support your cause if Batesville wins out and Blytheville continues to self-destruct. But as of today, Blytheville moves to the bottom of my top ten and Batesville moves up to 11 or so, which a big jump from a couple of weeks ago. Just keeping it real, bro.

And that's all I'm saying. I knew I would be perceived as hyping Batesville, I'm not. I am not saying "Hey, we beat them. We should be ahead", That's nonsense. I myself could shoot holes in that argument. My point is that after a mercy ruled loss to an unranked team NO ONE deserves to stay in the Top 10. I understand that things like Appalachian State or Oregon State over USC in 2005 happen. Those are almost always a last minute upset. In college no Top 10 team gets beat by an unranked team and stays Top 10. Forget Batesville, Blytheville deserves to get dropped based solely on the one sided whipping. I myself would struggle to put Batesville in the Top 10 based on merit but dropping Blytheville at least 6 spots is a no brainer.

Hoghead2

1. PA
2. Texarkana
3. LR Mc
4. Harrison
5. Nettleton
6. LRCA
7. Camden Fairview
8. White Hall
9. Batesville
10. Blytheville

Go Postal

So if Bossier City, LA and Texarkana, TX are unranked in Arkansas, does that still count?  ;D

redsport27

1. PA

2. Texarkana

3. Harrison - looking real spooky at the moment

4. LRCA - looking like a real post season threat

5. McClellan - getting it done

6. Nettleton - coming on strong

7. Camden - they are still making noise

8. White Hall - I still think they are a dangerous team

9. Alma - possibly in for a good playoff seed

10. Morrilton - why are they going here? I just can't count them out yet

Dropped: Blytheville - the incident with Blytheville was unfortunate but I need to see how they overcome it before they go back into the 10.

Ball Hawk

Quote from: JessieP on October 23, 2018, 01:03:21 pm
To me this is a legitimate Top 10 list. It makes sense, you could argue about flipping some positions but overall it is thought out. To all the posters keeping Blytheville in the Top 10 I want to knock on their foreheads and scream "Hello, McFly, is anyone in there? Hello, they got MERCY RULED by an unranked team. Is anyone home in there"?. I think maybe everyone needs to sit down, turn off the TV and focus on what I'm saying. Are you ready? Here goes "Top 10 teams do not get mercy ruled by unranked teams, EVER". Many teams have been beaten badly by lower ranked teams but guess what? THEY LOSE THEIR RANKING.

Jessie what is your problem with Blytheville? You have non stopped posted about them, what's the obsession bub?

Hogman2018

Quote from: MDXPHD on October 23, 2018, 12:31:09 pm
Lol that Harrison is ranked so low and Texarkana so high. Y'all have played two above average teams. Lost to one and barely won the other. Heck you've struggled against bad teams at least once. Harrison  at least smashes all the bad ones. Whatever makes you feel good though.
Which bad team did we struggle with??

Hogman2018

Quote from: MDXPHD on October 23, 2018, 01:48:32 pm
Ranked by fearlessfriday fans...Yes, so sad I guess? At least we will both finish the season lacking the hardware and jewelry that matters most right?

I can't wait for everyone to remember who finished 3rd, 4th, or 5th this season. I know that's what is important to you Texarkana folk.
So when PA wins state i guess all these other teams are just average!

JessieP

Quote from: Ball Hawk on October 23, 2018, 05:25:20 pm
Jessie what is your problem with Blytheville? You have non stopped posted about them, what's the obsession bub?

You're right, I need help. My obsession with Blytheville started harmless enough, it was social. As time passed the social posting about them became daily and then 2 times a day. When confronted about it I simply replied "I can quit anytime I want, I just don't want". Now I look at the ruins of my life, My wife took the kids and left, I lost my job and last week I got a certified letter from SMU saying they are pulling my degree. I never imagined things would spin so out of control.

Obsessed? I post thoughts about a team, I feel is unduly ranked in the top 10, on a thread about the top 10 and in your world I'm obsessed? Using your criteria one could assume that in the world of 2A basketball you're in full blown addiction? Or maybe we could pull back on the superlatives and assume that people discussing the topic the thread is named for are just...discussing?

Reddie20

LRCA 11
Harrison 9
PA 7
McClellan 7
Texarkana 4
Nettleton 3
Alma 0

White Hall has 3

RazorDad

Updated to add White Hall to the mercy party:

LRCA 11
Harrison 9
PA 7
McClellan 7
Texarkana 4
White Hall 3
Nettleton 3
Alma 0

Youngsta71701

Quote from: MDXPHD on October 23, 2018, 02:14:54 pm
I will never forget when LRC beat Gwood in 2007 by 40 points or so just a few weeks before they lost to them by 20 in the championship. Nobody dropped Greenwood out that year after losing so bad.
Exactly, bad games happen from time to time. That's a part of it.

Roscoe

1. PA
2. Texarkana
3. Harrison
4. Little Rock Christian
5. McClellan
6. Nettleton
7. White Hall
8. Camden Fairview
9. Alma
10. Batesville

AT

Going to go ahead and close this. I will tally points soon.

Hogman2018

Quote from: RazorDad on October 23, 2018, 07:28:09 pm
Updated to add White Hall to the mercy party:

LRCA 11
Harrison 9
PA 7
McClellan 7
Texarkana 4
White Hall 3
Nettleton 3
Alma 0
Texarkana has more than that! Mercy ruled Lakeside, Magnolia Hot Springs for the 2nd half We should have 6!

RazorDad

Quote from: Hogman2018 on October 24, 2018, 02:55:51 pm
Texarkana has more than that! Mercy ruled Lakeside, Magnolia Hot Springs for the 2nd half We should have 6!

Full quarters. Go back and look at the box scores. Four quarters is correct.

incogneto

Quote from: RazorDad on October 24, 2018, 04:02:26 pm
Full quarters. Go back and look at the box scores. Four quarters is correct.
Those pesky facts...

Hogman2018

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas