• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cabot Football

Started by YoungThunder, March 29, 2019, 01:06:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

POWERCAT PRIDE

Quote from: Rayburn on May 01, 2019, 03:36:57 pm
Back on track here, has anybody heard any reason for why Joe Fred Jr. reneged on his commitment to Cabot?

He missed his Daddy. CRJ

Baitshop

Rumor around Dixie is that he reneged on their deal just like they reneged on his deal in December....

Either way, I am thrilled....it just confirms my contention that this season will be CRJ's last at the UofG and it sounds like CCY is a real fan favorite down in South Sebastián County...😉

incogneto

Quote from: YoungThunder on April 12, 2019, 10:19:47 pm

Would had won more if he has changed his offense up to keep up with the NWA teams. Sorry but having Barnes running all over the field was a bad move. Sorry just the way I feel. I was never a big fan of him due to the way he coached and the system he had. He would had won more if he had changed it up and has a balance offense that wasn't just based on a run. Cabot fans are going be so confused when this fall hits when they come out in a spread attack offense.

Haha 300 wins is the equivalent 10 wins for 30 seasons.  This post is digging a hole with a backhoe. 

incogneto

Quote from: YoungThunder on May 02, 2019, 02:42:08 pm
Heard they got joint facebook accounts as well.  ;D ;D ;D.
That usually isn't a good sign. 

LC sports

Rayburn

Quote from: Baitshop on May 06, 2019, 01:58:07 am
Rumor around Dixie is that he reneged on their deal just like they reneged on his deal in December....

They make up a lot of rumors in Dixie I guess

YoungThunder

I have noticed something different when they are out practicing now. Driving behind the stadium, I keep seeing a football being thrown in the air by this football team. Its a very unusual scene after the last 30+ years.

Jwolf12

They have a QB who can sling it around. I would imagine they have a few that can catch it as well. They already should have the ability to run downhill the ball at you coming from that Dead-T. They may surprise some people in this offense.

Air Raider

Quote from: gcsdad on April 10, 2019, 01:53:20 pm
I'm new to the area so pardon my ignorance. If Coach Malham was so terrible why did Cabot keep him so long? If he never won or made playoffs then why was he there?

Took too long to get enough of the 'good old boys' out of the system. When the only thing you have ever knew was watered down Dead T football, well you never knew there was something better.

And too many people in Cabot that were simply satisfied with a winning record and a playoff appearance. Winning state championships was never a goal for Cabot fans. Just a winning record. The bar was never very high.

Air Raider

Quote from: Sporty on April 12, 2019, 09:10:24 am
"Only won 2 State Championships"  you are joking right?  That is a huge accomplishment.

Not really. Lots of coaches around the country with far more at lesser public schools.
You put the right coach at Cabot the last 20 years and that number triples.

Air Raider

Quote from: Cabotfan on April 12, 2019, 01:27:25 pm
and "only" 301 victories with 15 conference championships. Just one of two coaches in the state to ever win "only" 300 games.

How long did he have to coach to do that though? 

Lumberjackfan1978

Quote from: Air Raider on May 14, 2019, 09:39:38 pm
Never the less Malham was a great coach

Jwolf12

Quote from: Air Raider on May 14, 2019, 09:36:46 pm
Took too long to get enough of the 'good old boys' out of the system. When the only thing you have ever knew was watered down Dead T football, well you never knew there was something better.

And too many people in Cabot that were simply satisfied with a winning record and a playoff appearance. Winning state championships was never a goal for Cabot fans. Just a winning record. The bar was never very high.
I'm not sure which Cabot fans you've been around, but that is the complete opposite of what I see out of Cabot fans. They expect to compete for a championship every year.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Air Raider on May 14, 2019, 09:36:46 pm

Did they just never pass? Grew up watching Hector play dead T and they had a few years with some near-1000 yard receivers

Cabotfan

Quote from: Air Raider on May 14, 2019, 09:39:38 pm

38 years! That's an average of 8 wins a year. Not too bad for somebody that couldn't coach a watered down Dead T. Lots of coaches around the country have done less with more!

I'm just glad the wins, oh wait, I mean championships, because wins aren't good enough in your opinion, are going to start piling up because we have a new coach with a new offense.

YoungThunder

Cabot could have won more with a different system in place, the year they played against Bentonville. That game Cabot could had won if they would had changed a few things. It is what it is, Yeah, Cabot had the same coach for a long time and he could had won more than 2 state championships. Reed was at El Dorado for 12 years at El Dorado and look how well he did there. His second year he took them to Little Rock and lost to Lake Hamilton in the state championship game, after that 3 years in a row it was all El Dorado. With the right system in place, right coach and got the players in the right spot you can do stuff. I expect Cabot to win at most 7 games this year. Next year in 2020 when the kids know what to expect from Reed it will be a better year for them. Cabot just could had done more if Malham would had changed up some stuff but he didn't. I'm sure I will get bash for this post but so be it. He was an average coach. Most coaches who got 300 wins got more than 2 state championships under them.

Lumberjackfan1978

Quote from: YoungThunder on May 15, 2019, 01:03:14 pm
Cabot could have won more with a different system in place, the year they played against Bentonville. That game Cabot could had won if they would had changed a few things. It is what it is, Yeah, Cabot had the same coach for a long time and he could had won more than 2 state championships. Reed was at El Dorado for 12 years at El Dorado and look how well he did there. His second year he took them to Little Rock and lost to Lake Hamilton in the state championship game, after that 3 years in a row it was all El Dorado. With the right system in place, right coach and got the players in the right spot you can do stuff. I expect Cabot to win at most 7 games this year. Next year in 2020 when the kids know what to expect from Reed it will be a better year for them. Cabot just could had done more if Malham would had changed up some stuff but he didn't. I'm sure I will get bash for this post but so be it. He was an average coach. Most coaches who got 300 wins got more than 2 state championships under them.
Lot's of coaches would love to win 2 state titles in their career.So he was more than an average coach.

Cabotfan

Most coaches who got 300 wins got more than 2 state championships under them.

In this state that list is 2. So most of them don't have more than 2. One does the other doesn't.

Walter

Quote from: Cabotfan on May 16, 2019, 12:20:49 pm
In this state that list is 2. So most of them don't have more than 2. One does the other doesn't.
Thanks, I wondered how many were on that list.

ricepig

Quote from: Cabotfan on May 16, 2019, 12:20:49 pm

So, you're saying they played in an easy conference and found out how hard it really was in the playoffs?

Cabotfan

Quote from: ricepig on May 16, 2019, 02:56:38 pm
So, you're saying they played in an easy conference and found out how hard it really was in the playoffs?

No, I'm saying if you win over 300 games in your career you've been pretty successful. Jonesboro was in that conference a lot of the time!

we_hate_the_band

Quote from: Cabotfan on May 16, 2019, 06:26:02 pm
Jonesboro was in that conference a lot of the time!

That's not helping your argument. Only town with a D-1 School in the state not to win a title in 20 years.

OB11

Quote from: we_hate_the_band on May 17, 2019, 09:57:59 am
That's not helping your argument. Only town with a D-1 School in the state not to win a title in 20 years.

What does having a D-1 school in town have to do with winning a state title?

we_hate_the_band

Quote from: OB11 on May 17, 2019, 09:59:45 am
What does having a D-1 school in town have to do with winning a state title?

Let's see, you will have athletes settle there after they graduate. You will have coaches live there whose kids are probably highly talented (The Taylors, anybody?). That's an Innate advantage in itself. Every city with a D-1 or D-II school in the city limits has won a state title within the last 10 years except Jonesboro, Magnolia, and Conway. That's doing less with more in my book.

OB11

Quote from: we_hate_the_band on May 17, 2019, 10:08:52 am
Let's see, you will have athletes settle there after they graduate. You will have coaches live there whose kids are probably highly talented (The Taylors, anybody?). That's an Innate advantage in itself. Every city with a D-1 or D-II school in the city limits has won a state title within the last 10 years except Jonesboro, Magnolia, and Conway. That's doing less with more in my book.

I get what you are saying, but feel like that's a stretch. How many of the towns with D1 or D2 schools have 5 school districts within the city limits? Not all of those coaches and players kids go to Jonesboro High.

we_hate_the_band

Quote from: OB11 on May 17, 2019, 10:16:53 am
I get what you are saying, but feel like that's a stretch. How many of the towns with D1 or D2 schools have 5 school districts within the city limits? Not all of those coaches and players kids go to Jonesboro High.

Well, Searcy has 3. Magnolia 1. Conway has 5 Different Schools that kids can attend and play football (Greenbrier, Vilonia, Conway Christian, Mayflower).

Rayburn

Cabot could have won more with a different system in place, the year they played against Bentonville. That game Cabot could had won if they would had changed a few things.
Like their cornerback, who twice bit on the quick pump fake and let the receiver run right past him for long TD bombs.
Final score: 39-28

Total yards:
Bentonville 431
Cabot 418. 

Offense was never Cabot's problem.

ricepig

Quote from: Rayburn on May 22, 2019, 03:05:01 pm
Like their cornerback, who twice bit on the quick pump fake and let the receiver run right past him for long TD bombs.
Final score: 39-28

Total yards:
Bentonville 431
Cabot 418. 

Offense was never Cabot's problem.

Maybe if he had seen one in practice, he would have known what a pass was?

Jwolf12

Quote from: ricepig on May 22, 2019, 06:15:04 pm
Maybe if he had seen one in practice, he would have known what a pass was?

So you're telling me each week during the season their defense prepared for Dead-T offenses? I'm sure they have a scout team running their weekly opponent's offense like every other high school team in the nation.

ricepig

Quote from: Jwolf12 on May 22, 2019, 06:54:48 pm
So you're telling me each week during the season their defense prepared for Dead-T offenses? I'm sure they have a scout team running their weekly opponent's offense like every other high school team in the nation.

Yep, uh huh, that's what they did all season, or it could have been a joke......

FoxandHound34

Glad to see they finally got rid of those 1970 jerseys and got new ones

incogneto

Quote from: Jwolf12 on May 22, 2019, 06:54:48 pm
No I think what he is a saying is the dead T may still be affective today but the Eagle defense cost them a lot of games.  It was the same story with Shannon at Beebe.  Maybe that's not what he was saying but that happens to be factually accurate. 

Sporty

Its looking good around here.

ArkFBInsider

New Jersey's and updated helmets look sharp. Looking forward to seeing what the new look panthers can do!

Sporty

Quote from: ArkFBInsider on August 22, 2019, 09:54:45 am
New Jersey's and updated helmets look sharp. Looking forward to seeing what the new look panthers can do!
yes they do

ricepig

Quote from: ArkFBInsider on August 22, 2019, 09:54:45 am

So, bringing in players from the north?

Cabotfan

Walter

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas