• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Trumann hires new coach

Started by MercyDaddy, February 22, 2013, 10:38:09 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

MercyDaddy

Heard Trumann hired Coach Scott Waymire from Carlisle. Sounds like a good hire for the Wildcats. He has an impressive 61-16-1 record with the Bison. :o

LionX2

Way,ire is a good man and a good coach. Great hire! Get ready for the ground and pound in trumann

The Ref

Good hire by Trumann, can't believe they got him.  The double wing will be very difficult to stop!

LC sports

My name is Mark Buffalo and I'm the editor of the Carlisle Independent newspaper. Trumann got a steal when it hired Coach Waymire. You really don't know how lucky you are to have him and his family. He and I became fast friends when he was hired prior to the 2006 season. He quickly rebuilt the tradition of Bison football. I sure hope the fans/players at Trumann will be ready for them to work hard in the weight room and on the practice field. And when i say work hard, I mean it. Coach Waymire is a tireless worker when it comes to football.

I'm very very sad he's leaving. He's done a great job here, especially this year when he became principal and really cleaned up a lot of the mess that's been going on since Danny Ebbs left as principal back 2004. Please be fortunate you have him because we are all sad that he's leaving.

Hogdogusa

Iknewthemwhen

Sounds like Carlisle should have come up with some more money?

phdefense

Quote from: The Ref on February 23, 2013, 09:35:54 am
Good hire by Trumann, can't believe they got him.  The double wing will be very difficult to stop!
The 4A-3 is used to the double wing. See: Gosnell

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: Iknewthemwhen on February 23, 2013, 02:37:21 pm
Sounds like Carlisle should have come up with some more money?

I'm not sure that was an issue. From what I hear Waymire's wife is from NE Arkansas, and I know he looked into the Stuttgart job a couple years ago when Elmore was hired, so I guess he's been looking for a change. Truman will improve no doubt.

But he did leave a very good Carlisle team, whoever the new Bison coach is will be stepping into a good situation.

BrianfromCarlisle

Quote from: MercyDaddy on February 22, 2013, 10:38:09 pm
Heard Trumann hired Coach Scott Waymire from Carlisle. Sounds like a good hire for the Wildcats. He has an impressive 61-16-1 record with the Bison. :o

Actually his record was 71-18-1 at Carlisle.  That was reported in democrat gazette.  Mark is that accurate??

loyal fan

Don't totally understand this move.  Sure he knows what he is doing.  It has to be for geographical reasons to take Truman.  The guy might have had a chance at Searcy, Mena, and any TBA jobs.

violent_g

want win at Truman for a couple of years. But he is a good guy and great coach

BigBaller80

February 25, 2013, 10:08:29 pm #11 Last Edit: February 25, 2013, 10:13:39 pm by BigBaller80
He'll be able to win 7-8 a year and turn a program that hasn't won in a while but one that really wants to win. It's a 4A job so it's a big step up, and a proving ground for Waymire who has only coached at the 2A level as a head coach. If he wins here he'll be able to get a really big job if he wants it. Trumann is about to have the numbers, they will soon have the facilities and now have the coach that will win. I say 7 this year. 8 the next year and once the system is fully installed 11 or 12

big_cat_34

Quote from: BigBaller80 on February 25, 2013, 10:08:29 pm
He'll be able to win 7-8 a year and turn a program that hasn't won in a while but one that really wants to win.

Not true, Trumann lost in the 2nd round of the playoffs in the fall of 2010 to Star City and would have made the playoffs in 2011 had they not lost 5-7 players to injury for the season(just about all of those injured were 2 way players).  Trumann also was a playoff team during the 08 and 09 seasons.

spoony luv

let me start by saying I'm a fan of the double wing.  He will have to change offenses or he won't get a job at a 6 or 7 A school running that. Although,  I think it would be a good change of pace at that level because teams aren't accustom to seeing it so they would only get a week to get ready.
People want to see passing, its more exciting. 

kleinjd

SUGARTOWN

February 26, 2013, 01:49:29 pm #15 Last Edit: February 26, 2013, 02:29:24 pm by SUGARTOWN
Quote from: kleinjd on February 26, 2013, 11:55:56 am
People want to win games

You will with this coach if the kids work hard, it's as simple as that.

ricepig

Quote from: spoony luv on February 26, 2013, 09:41:55 am
let me start by saying I'm a fan of the double wing.  He will have to change offenses or he won't get a job at a 6 or 7 A school running that. Although,  I think it would be a good change of pace at that level because teams aren't accustom to seeing it so they would only get a week to get ready.

They would always hire him at WM, or Marion.   ;D

spoony luv

I think when WM or Marion comes open they will look for a guy who likes to air it out

BigBaller80

I don't know about that he has pretty good ties there, heard that the community and the players are super excited after meeting him. He stressed weights and his summer program so they are ready for the commitment.

Iknewthemwhen

WM and Marion sure like the ground and pound, don't know if either is going to go Air America whenever the next hire comes.  They could have done that in the last decade but didn't really look that way.  What has changed, same folks still in charge aren't they?

LionX2

Quote from: Iknewthemwhen on March 02, 2013, 01:51:06 pm
WM and Marion sure like the ground and pound, don't know if either is going to go Air America whenever the next hire comes.  They could have done that in the last decade but didn't really look that way.  What has changed, same folks still in charge aren't they?

Different day and age. The heavy passing wasn't as popular even 10 years ago. Not a huge fan myself but never say never

loyal fan

Marion and WM execute their offense as good as anyone in the state.

Iknewthemwhen

Maybe, maybe not, but they haven't executed well enought to win it all.  I would say that is moslty a lack of an effective passing game, because we know they have talent are are capable of running the ball.

hogwildUofA

He started a Pocahontas and then moved down south from what I have heard Coach Williams at Pokey is stepping down after next year seems like he is trying to get closer to home to me

cuckoobird

Passing isn't more exciting unless you have never seen a true triple option team. Now that's exciting!!!

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: cuckoobird on April 10, 2013, 12:39:27 pm
Passing isn't more exciting unless you have never seen a true triple option team. Now that's exciting!!!
having watched mcgehee go from running to passing back to running. winning excites me.

whippersnapper

You said it best old man. To many people want the spread. But would you rather just win the game or lose by 42 points in the spread.

SUGARTOWN

Saw Stuttgart just run it, run it and run it last year and nobody complained. Nothing's more frustrating for a defense than having the ball crammed down your throat and not being able to stop it.

AirWarren

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on April 10, 2013, 05:21:30 pm
Saw Stuttgart just run it, run it and run it last year and nobody complained. Nothing's more frustrating for a defense than having the ball crammed down your throat and not being able to stop it.

Got a state title out of it too. Win ball games, that's all that matters. If I had a quarterback, a running back and the size of yall's offensive line from last year you bet ya I'm going to gut a defense!

As far as the option, it can be a very exciting brand of football. While some could argue that these aren't true triple option teams, three come to my mind that were VERY interesting to watch. And very difficult to stop.

1. Booneville 2001. Ronnie Becker and Brad West ran this offense to perfection. One of the most crisp offensive attacks we have ever seen against Warren. Becker outran Terrance Hampton and left him in the dust at one time and he also dragged Bret Smith and Caleb Bateman 5 yards for a touchdown. And those weren't little dudes.

2. Monticello 2009. Joe Carmical, Brian Handley, and Brishen Mathews were a great 3 headed monster. This team steam rolled everyone that got in their way with that big offensive line.

3. Gosnell 2002. Not many people remember this team but they were a serious title contender this year. Warren met up with them in the semis I believe and some pegged this game to be the true state title game. I cannot remember the quarterback or the other WB off the top of my head but they had those two plus the fullback David Blount(I Believe) and WB Marcus Anderson(I believe). This was a TALENTED backfield and a big offensive line. It took Warren 4 quarters to put them away.

phdefense

It is worth noting though that Stuttgart did most of that running out of the spread.

beaverfan007

stuttgart ran it alot cause they had the rbs to do it with otherwise it wouldve been more passing..

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: beaverfan007 on April 11, 2013, 08:39:24 pm
stuttgart ran it alot cause they had the rbs to do it with otherwise it wouldve been more passing..

Mainly QB Brown and RB Tyler Luster, they didn't really have a stable of running backs. Brown had at least 60% of the carries, if not more. The O-Line was just dominant.

AirWarren

Oline, dline, and brown=state title for the ricebirds.

whippersnapper

Stuttgart as a team had the biggest legs ive ever seen. When I saw them at valley view that was the first thing I noticed.

SUGARTOWN

They had good size to begin with for sure, but the weight program Coach Elmore has in place is really paying off.

Big Fan

Quote from: AirWarren on April 11, 2013, 05:37:51 am

2. Monticello 2009. Joe Carmical, Brian Handley, and Brishen Mathews were a great 3 headed monster. This team steam rolled everyone that got in their way with that big offensive line.

The offensive line was not that big....strong and fast....but not big.  Probably averaged about 6' 200 lbs at the most.  The Double Wing Slot did not require big offensive linemen. 

AirWarren

I guess I was mistaken. They had good technique, form, and decent size.

HogWildBison2011

For the time I was in Waymire's system, Trumann really landed a great man & a awesome coach. He pushes his young men harder than they are prob accustomed too and has an excellent moral compass. He is a man of great integrity and honor. He is the main reason I'm in the kinesiology field & attempting to get a coaching endorsement. The double wing works, and with devoted lineman who are disciplined in their craft will make it as good as it can be. If the community gets behind him and push their kids to reach higher Trumann will be getting a state title in no time.

Thanks for listening to my spill  ;)
HogWildBison out

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas