• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

helmets

Started by colts, June 06, 2006, 06:06:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

colts

Which helmet do you prefer, the Riddell Revolution or the Schutt DNA?

Turner

Notre Dame FB

Why the revolution, would you expand, please.

Turner

when i was a junior we switched to the revolution helmet, i like it cuz i think it fits ur head better an has better padding than past helmets i have worn

CoachJ

June 22, 2006, 07:09:22 pm #4 Last Edit: June 22, 2006, 07:11:12 pm by CoachJ
Quote from: RIDER-LB on June 12, 2006, 06:33:29 pm
when i was a junior we switched to the revolution helmet, i like it cuz i think it fits ur head better an has better padding than past helmets i have worn

I would hope all helmets you have worn has fit your head well and had good padding in it.  That's really dangerous if it didn't fit well.   ;)

Turner

i meant it fit better as in it felt more comfortable when i was wearin it

Greyhoundman

Revolution helmets are VERY comfortable, safe, and light-weight. I haven't had experience wearing the schutt DNA, but I do know the Revolution helmets are very comfy.

pigskin1

The DNA has a softer forehead pad which eliminates that first week whining about a blister and the helmet being too tight.  I personally like the DNA better.

R. A.™

on the college level I liked the Schutt helmet verses the riddell, of course the players like  riddell's b/c they are lighter. also the helmet hardware is a nightmare for equipment managers and trainers on the riddells

Anon2

I always liked the leather helmets.  Didn' take up as much room traveling, could fold it up.

Navy and White

I wore a Revolution my junior year and a DNA my senior year.  I would have to say the DNA was better for me. I liked the cage better on it, offers more protection from those defensive lineman who like to poke your eyes. And the fit just seemed alot better.  The way the revolution is made, it's tight at the top of your head, the bottom, under your ears is not tight at all cuz the small amount of padding there is, so it's kind of wobbly.  Also, my sophomore year was the second year the senior high had revolutions, and that year we had about three cages just shadder in the first four games. Last year we had a few Rev cages bend, but absolutely no problems with the DNA cages...

oldgreyhound

I never liked how the newer helmets looked so I always wore a good normal Riddel helmet.  I just like the old school look.

Lions84

The old school Riddel

kylerocks5000

revolution by far man

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas