• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Gus Malzahn

Started by Notre Dame FB, May 17, 2006, 02:39:46 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Notre Dame FB

In reference to a comment on Drive Time Sorts & the Morning Show about Coach Malzahn being unhappy about the way he is being treated by other members of the U of A staff.

Looking for insight.

I have the up most respect for Coach Gus Malzahn.

I remember him at Henderson State, a humble gentleman in every seance of the word.  To my knowledge he has been very willing to talk to other coaches about his ideas and philosophies.  He has been SUCCESSFUL at his past three stops on the "Coaching Tour":
Earle, Shiloh, and Springdale.

But correct if I'm wrong, in the mid 1990's Benton High School had the opportunity to hire Malzahn, he call a meeting of the assistant football coaches to meet and talk and there was little or NO turnout, meanwhile Shiloh put a package together and he went back to Shiloh Christian at Springdale.

I understand money fixes a lot of things, but I would like to believe Coach Malzahn places more value on respect than money.

Uncle Ivan

Close, but it was Hughes, not Earle.

Notre Dame FB

Sorry, my mistake, what about the situation at Benton?

Prince Caspian

Didn't know about it, but I guess that would explain the 40-0 drubbing back in the 2003 playoffs.

R. A.™

Quote from: Notre Dame FB on May 17, 2006, 02:39:46 pm
But correct if I'm wrong, in the mid 1990's Benton High School had the opportunity to hire Malzahn, he call a meeting of the assistant football coaches to meet and talk and there was little or NO turnout, meanwhile Shiloh put a package together and he went back to Shiloh Christian at Springdale.

I understand money fixes a lot of things, but I would like to believe Coach Malzahn places more value on respect than money.

The finanical package played a lot in that decision.

1-tunna stunna

I certainly hope for Houston Nutt's sake that there is no rift in the coaching staff on the Hill. The Hogs need unity like never before. Malzahn needs to understand that first and foremost and take the lead.

Coach Kelley, PA

I hope that things go well at Fayetteville for everyone up there.  It may take a full year for the hogs to pick up the entire offense and the timing involved, but I think Coach Malzahn will do an outstanding job for them.

They may start off a little slow offensively, but I hope everyone gives them a little time.

Lions84

June 06, 2006, 05:30:19 pm #7 Last Edit: June 23, 2006, 08:33:06 pm by Lions84
Quote from: Coach Kelley, PA on May 22, 2006, 08:42:51 am
I hope that things go well at Fayetteville for everyone up there. It may take a full year for the hogs to pick up the entire offense and the timing involved, but I think Coach Malzahn will do an outstanding job for them.

They may start off a little slow offensively, but I hope everyone gives them a little time.

Sorry Coach the one thing HDN doesn't have is time!!!! It's go to a Bowl time or pack up and GO TIME!!!. 

RisonRacingFan

Time will be given.Look at Herrings defense.It took a good year to get it going.At the beginning of the year last year,it was horrible,but by time the LSU game rolled around,you could see the improvment.Fans may want HDN gone,but JFB doesnt..he will be around for a while. Just my opinion.

Super Scrapper

Quote from: Lions84 on June 06, 2006, 05:30:19 pm
Quote from: Coach Kelley, PA on May 22, 2006, 08:42:51 am
I hope that things go well at Fayetteville for everyone up there. It may take a full year for the hogs to pick up the entire offense and the timing involved, but I think Coach Malzahn will do an outstanding job for them.

Sorry Coach the one thing HDN doesn't have is time!!!! It's go to a Bowl time or pack up and GO TIME!!!. 

I agree with Lions84, HDN doesn't have time.  Gus Malzahn may get some time, but Houston should be gone if he doesn't produce a big winner this season.  Papa Frank should be feeling the heat by now.  SS

Go Scrappers

Burto

They will go to a bowl this year.

not ray

They will go to a bowl this year definetly.  The ice cream truck driver could get this team to a bowl this year with their schedule the way it is set up.  Running Houston's offense exactly like they did last year would win them a minimum of 7 games. 

Lions84

Quote from: S.D. Jones on July 05, 2006, 10:28:21 am
They will go to a bowl this year definetly.  The ice cream truck driver could get this team to a bowl this year with their schedule the way it is set up.  Running Houston's offense exactly like they did last year would win them a minimum of 7 games

ROLF :o

n0toriousnrg

don't you mean "ROFL"?  :D

n0toriousnrg

my fingers are crossed that monk turns into who he resembles;  plaxico burress...

SingleWingGuru

Quote from: LampPost on July 10, 2006, 03:15:30 pm
my fingers are crossed that monk turns into who he resembles;  plaxico burress...

So he can be a cancer to each team he plays for?  Never showing up in big games, being injury ridden, and having a bad attitude?

Because, then he would be like Burress

n0toriousnrg

you're just mad cause he left the steelers.

not ray

And then the Steelers win a Super Bowl.  Must be a hard pill to swallow.

SingleWingGuru

Quote from: LampPost on July 11, 2006, 10:56:13 am
you're just mad cause he left the steelers.

Ironic the steelers could never win the big game when he was there...

then when he left, they won three in a row on the road.... in the playoffs.... for the first time ever....

You must be one of the Willie Parker Nay Sayers as well.... "He isn't any good, he only had over a thousand yards.... He didn't start in college for a reason"

n0toriousnrg

actually, until they won the superbowl, the steelers were my favorite team.  have been since 7th grade.  i'm a big fan of willie.  i got to meet him one time.  he seems like a pretty good guy.  however, to say that it was burress' fault the steelers never did better than they did, is complete crap.

SingleWingGuru

Quote from: LampPost on July 12, 2006, 10:13:33 am
actually, until they won the superbowl, the steelers were my favorite team.  have been since 7th grade.  i'm a big fan of willie.  i got to meet him one time.  he seems like a pretty good guy.  however, to say that it was burress' fault the steelers never did better than they did, is complete crap.

Why don't you tell me how Plex performed in the playoffs this year.... you know for the Giants.... who were leading the league in scoring all season long?

One person can ruin a locker room.... ask the eagles.

n0toriousnrg

i don't cover the entire league, i don't know how burress did in the playoffs.  however, there's no convincing me that plaxico is the reason the steelers never made it farther.  i'm finished here.  good day :D

Lions84

Well do y' all think Gus is happy now?

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas