• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Register at Catholic

Started by Notre Dame FB, May 17, 2006, 09:30:46 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Notre Dame FB

1.  Catholic High School made a point of NOT considering prior teaching / coaching experience from other schools outside the Little Rock Diocese.
2.  I know "Scooter" waited until he had 28 or 30 yrs in the Arkansas Teacher Retirement System before taking a job at a private school.  However, I have a hard time believing he started at Step 1, and if not, who is filling-in the gaps.
3.  Other private schools have been up front in the fact that each teacher, coach or administrator negotiates their salary.
4.  Did "Scooter" not turn down the AD job at Pulaski Academy (More Money and Administrative Duties ONLY, No teaching) to stay at Catholic and teach two or thee preps along with his coaching duties.

Prince Caspian

What's the point you are making?

Notre Dame FB

Just questions, wondering if anyone knows more about  the situation.

Prince Caspian

Oh, OK.  The only one I can answer #2.  From what I have heard he's in the same boat as Watson at LRCA.  Watson is receiving his retirement from working in public schools and a salary from LRCA.  The benefits of going to a private school late in a career.

Notre Dame FB

If  "Scooter"  in it for the money, and he has certification in Science. 
He can get a job in any of the districts in Pulaski County, teach Science, Coach and get paid FULL SALARY, while drawing FULL RETIREMENT.

Notre Dame FB

Different rule applies for teachers certified in Math, Science and Special Education.

I know for a fact a Science teacher at Jacksonville is collecting:
1.  Social Security
2.  Teacher Retirement
3.  FULL Teaching Salary.

Prince Caspian

I'm not saying he can't...but where would you rather teach?  JVille or Catholic?

Also...since he is so far into his teaching career most districts will only allow up to a certain amount of years to be transferred.  So say Scooter could only transfer 17 years into PCSSD.  That would be a heck of a lot less than he's probably making at Catholic.

I'm seriously doubt he's in it for the money.  I know he wanted to come back to LR...a nice opportunity presented itself.  A lot better than his previous LR gig at McClellan.

Notre Dame FB

Has Catholic made a Exception for "Scooter"?  I have talked with people who work and have worked at Catholic, in a situation where they came from an Arkansas Public School with eight or nine years of experience.  When they walked in the door at Catholic they started over at step one on the salary schedule (31,000 ? Ballpark) 

So your say the didn't apply to "Scooter".  And if not why?

thebigshot

Quote from: Notre Dame FB on May 18, 2006, 04:19:03 pm
Has Catholic made a Exception for "Scooter"? I have talked with people who work and have worked at Catholic, in a situation where they came from an Arkansas Public School with eight or nine years of experience. When they walked in the door at Catholic they started over at step one on the salary schedule (31,000 ? Ballpark)

So your say the didn't apply to "Scooter". And if not why?

You don't think much !!!

Coach Register is a football coach.  He has been around for a long time, and he can build a football program.

The teachers you are talking about do not coach football now do they ?

Why does any of this matter to you ?! If its not affecting you than why worried about it

thebigshot

Some teachers do not have the same degree that Coach Register has.

You will get paid a little more on the type of degreee you have. Just because your a teacher and have a degree does not mean you should get paid the same amount of money as the head football coach.

Notre Dame FB

I completely agree Register is a very good coach. 

Use the example Roy Davis has spent his entire career at Catholic High, WON TWO STATE CHAMPIONSHIPS (Back to Back), has thirty plus years in, is the Athletic Director, Teaches a full load of classes, and I would bet anything he is paid MUCH less than Register.

Register has had plenty of success, but NEVER won a state title.

If the Boosters at Catholic wanted Register and were and are willing to pay him what he wants, why doesn't someone step-up and say "thats the way it is".

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas