• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

High school recruiting question

Started by wheeels, May 05, 2006, 08:26:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

wheeels

May 05, 2006, 08:26:18 pm Last Edit: May 05, 2006, 08:28:54 pm by wheeels
If a coach gets another job across the state,he is tryng to take some of his former players with him,is this recruiting or not? Just curious. What does the rule state?

wheeels

Huntingisformen

I bet its because they all do it. ;D

arreferee

Quote from: wheeels on May 05, 2006, 08:26:18 pm
If a coach gets another job across the state,he is tryng to take some of his former players with him,is this recruiting or not? Just curious. What does the rule state?

I think a safe thing to ask here is, "If a player moves to a town where his coach moves to, why did the player move?"  If he moved to play football then there is a good chance recruiting is behind it.  If he moved becasue his parents got different jobs then it might not be.  Of course, if the coach was responsible for the kids' parents getting new jobs...

With private schools that have no boundaries and public schools in places like Little Rock where the legislature has made it where students can go to any high school they want, recruiting is hard to prove.  I'm not saying that all coaches in these situations recruit, but I don't think you can say that none of them do either.

Huntingisformen

What if the coach moves to S.E.Ark. , the players family still lives in N.E. Ark. and the player lives with the coach? What if the coach begs the player to move and fills out all the paper work for the kid? Can a school refuse to release this kid?

givemeabreak

wheeels

Quote from: arreferee on May 09, 2006, 08:35:58 am
Quote from: wheeels on May 05, 2006, 08:26:18 pm

I think a safe thing to ask here is, "If a player moves to a town where his coach moves to, why did the player move?"  If he moved to play football then there is a good chance recruiting is behind it.  If he moved becasue his parents got different jobs then it might not be.  Of course, if the coach was responsible for the kids' parents getting new jobs...

With private schools that have no boundaries and public schools in places like Little Rock where the legislature has made it where students can go to any high school they want, recruiting is hard to prove.  I'm not saying that all coaches in these situations recruit, but I don't think you can say that none of them do either.

good post. Im sure it happens all the time.

bowlegs

let me tell you bowlegs has been ask by 3 different coachs to come play football for them. If you people could see me playing during lunch , you would say this guy could be an all american some day. The Gosnell, Rivercrest, and the EPC coaches all ask me to come play for them,this was last year. So to answer your ? yes recruiting is happening everywere 8)

Pirateplaya

Well regardless some coaches do recruit. They are a little more sly about it than i had thought until it happened to me a few times. While never actually flat out saying "Hey come play for us and here is why" they i guess you could say beat around the bush. Also if the coach gets one of his players to talk to you is that really recruiting? I've had that happen too, for the reason the players always told me it wouldnt be considered recruting. Never took up on a coaches offer though personally

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas