• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rule Changes

Started by WCD, May 03, 2006, 10:24:51 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

WCD

What rule changes (if any) are proposed or passed that will affect the 2006-07 football season?

Please add your perspective as to the pros and cons!

Thank you!

Wildcat_Dad ;D

arreferee

Quote from: Wildcat_Dad on May 03, 2006, 10:24:51 pm
What rule changes (if any) are proposed or passed that will affect the 2006-07 football season?

Please add your perspective as to the pros and cons!

Thank you!

Wildcat_Dad ;D

You can see a press release on the rules changes at the link below.  I'll let the coaches weigh in on how they think the proposed changes will affect the game.

Changes Made in Spearing Rule, Uniforms in High School Football

Lions84

I like the Jersey rule it was needed. The only one I disagreed with was the ban on the Fumblerooski   It was not used enough to warrant a BAN.

arreferee

Quote from: Lions84 on May 04, 2006, 02:38:10 pm
I like the Jersey rule it was needed. The only one I disagreed with was the ban on the Fumblerooski It was not used enough to warrant a BAN.

I'm sure many of the coaches on here might disagree with me but, but I think the fumblerooski is a cheap play.  It's in the same book as the old "hide the football under your jersey" play.  No, it's not exactly the same, but it's all about deception.  The rules makers have tried to take much of the deception out of the game.  This is probably just the next step.

Rulesman

May 07, 2006, 08:38:44 pm #4 Last Edit: May 07, 2006, 08:43:54 pm by Rulesman
The NCAA has had the fumblerooski out of the book for several years. Although they will never be 100% the same, the NCAA and Federation rules are coming closer and closer every year. Before someone starts the argument that football is a game of deception, yes, it is. But it is also a game of execution. I agree, the fumblerooski was not deception. It was a cheap way to exploit the rules, much like some of the ways some high school coaches try to substitute players. If the fumblerooski was "not used enough to warrant a ban," why even worry about it? Good riddance to the fumblerooski!

spoony luv

Don't you have to execute deceptive plays as well?
Deception is one of the basics of football. It's purpose is to give smaller quicker teams a chance. If you could not fake a handoff and had to run straight ahead everytime the ball is snapped the bigger team will win 9 out of 10 times. A couple offenses are designed around deception.
For entertainment purposes. What is more fun to watch, the singlewing or the I formation?
Football rules are are like the laws in the U.S. There are many loop holes in them, why not use them to your advantage instead of complaining about them.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas