• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

PA/West Helena merged threads

Started by football_head00, July 15, 2008, 01:51:09 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Will the Bruins or Cougars win?

Cougars
16 (32.7%)
Bruins
33 (67.3%)

Total Members Voted: 30

Eddie Goodson

Quote from: J b coog on August 02, 2008, 04:24:21 pm
this isnt ENGLISH class, people can talk anyway they want to, so just post and not grade
You want to bet.

PA Pressbox

August 04, 2008, 05:27:54 pm #151 Last Edit: August 04, 2008, 11:00:22 pm by PA Pressbox
I took a sabbatical leave from FF for the last several months.  I logged on today, to catch up on the latest HS FB info, and now I remember why I took a vacation from FF in the first place -- to get away from the hate.

I just read all 6 pages of this thread (yes, that did take me a while); and the thing I find most amusing (O.K., 2nd most amusing) about this thread is that almost none of the posters talking trash about HWH are PA fans.

It should be a very competitive game on Sept 5th.  Now that my son graduated, I wasn't planning to go down there; however, I may have to try and catch a ride to see this one.  Hey, I can't afford that much gas.

Quite Frankly

You're lucky Pressbox, they deleted anotherr 3-4 that were worse.  Seriously.

cointoss

I am not a PA or West Helena fan but all of these threads caused me to read some of them. Why all the trash talk from west helena? I don't read anything negative from a PA fan but all the negative talk from west helena is alarming? it is hs football... thats all it is... best of luck to both teams and let the best team, and fans, win.

mr.henry

We wasn't talking noise we was just saying.

ppop

Ouch!

Quote from: Coach Venny Slocombe on July 18, 2008, 02:40:11 pm
Let me explain why teams like Pulaski Academy and Greenwood will always beat teams like West Helena......................Discipline.......................I watched West Helena at the 7 on 7 at Mustang Mountain last year. Loaded with talent, no question about that. They spent the better part of the day argueing with each other and the coaches. That will never work..............................

Get ready for some sore eyes this year. Your judgemental views on discipline would exclude a lot of teams. All schools are proud of their teams and root for them with passion. I doubt that you are as disciplined as you want to believe. Great Expectations are wonderful goals. The HWH Cougars did work quite well this summer in the 7on7 which you refer to. They were 12-0 and beat West Memphis 32-8. Only two teams even scored one touchdown. The rest were shutouts. That must say something about teamwork. But you were right about one thing; they are loaded with talent.

7AFBFAN

I suspect at best West Helena has the high profile athletes like Camden Fairview did last year. The big question remains when is the last time they won an important game or a state championship? So, I say congrats to the high profile highly recruited athletes but a team will win the championship this year. I don't think any number of 7-on-7 wins will make it happen either. My prediction is West Helena will only be known on the message boards come December.

Ouch!

Quote from: 7AFBFAN on August 05, 2008, 12:26:26 pm
I suspect at best West Helena has the high profile athletes like Camden Fairview did last year. The big question remains when is the last time they won an important game or a state championship? So, I say congrats to the high profile highly recruited athletes but a team will win the championship this year. I don't think any number of 7-on-7 wins will make it happen either. My prediction is West Helena will only be known on the message boards come December.

See Ya in December Chump!

7AFBFAN

Ouch, you might want to get there early to get a good seat.

football123

Quote from: Ouch! on August 05, 2008, 11:49:41 am
Let me explain why teams like Pulaski Academy and Greenwood will always beat teams like West Helena......................Discipline.......................I watched West Helena at the 7 on 7 at Mustang Mountain last year. Loaded with talent, no question about that. They spent the better part of the day argueing with each other and the coaches. That will never work..............................

Get ready for some sore eyes this year. Your judgemental views on discipline would exclude a lot of teams. All schools are proud of their teams and root for them with passion. I doubt that you are as disciplined as you want to believe. Great Expectations are wonderful goals. The HWH Cougars did work quite well this summer in the 7on7 which you refer to. They were 12-0 and beat West Memphis 32-8. Only two teams even scored one touchdown. The rest were shutouts. That must say something about teamwork. But you were right about one thing; they are loaded with talent.

were any of those 7 on 7 games against teams that are actually good at 7 on 7

Ouch!

Quote from: football123 on August 05, 2008, 12:53:01 pm

We'll tell West Memphis that you said that. Maybe they will let you carry their jockstraps to Little Rock in December. They usually do go deep into the playoffs.

football123

Quote from: Ouch! on August 05, 2008, 12:57:22 pm

We'll tell West Memphis that you said that. Maybe they will let you carry their jockstraps to Little Rock in December. They usually do go deep into the playoffs.

west memphis is a running team how does that make them good at 7 on 7

Go.Razorhogs

West Memphis is a terrible 7 on 7 team. They run the Wing T as their primary offense.

football123

Quote from: Go.Razorhogs on August 05, 2008, 01:05:55 pm

West Memphis is a terrible 7 on 7 team. They run the Wing T as their primary offense.

thats what i thought, if that was HWH's biggest 7 on 7 win that doesnt sound that impressive at all

Quite Frankly

Again with the 7 on 7 stuff?  Poor kids.  It just gives them a false prophet.

mr.henry

Well we are discipline in player's on our team don't argue at the coach's.

ppop

Quote from: westhelena 2 on August 05, 2008, 06:55:49 pm
Well we are discipline in player's on our team don't argue at the coach's.
??? Somebody gonna translate that one for me?

Quite Frankly

Much like an earlier post it seems to say "momma help me".

Ouch!

Quote from: football123 on August 05, 2008, 01:07:52 pm
Quote from: Go.Razorhogs on August 05, 2008, 01:05:55 pm

thats what i thought, if that was HWH's biggest 7 on 7 win that doesnt sound that impressive at all

Yes it does take some effort to prepare and win against other schools in 7 on 7 such as West Memphis. If it was that easy a chump like you would be sportswriter instead of a computer nerd.

airitout

actually running teams usually participate in 7 on 7 to help prepare their passing defense, not to prepare for other running teams.

preparing for a running team by playing a passing game would be like trying to teach a fish to ride a bike, you would be there all day, and would only accomplish killing the fish.

Ouch!

Quote from: Air It Out on August 05, 2008, 08:21:04 pm
actually running teams usually participate in 7 on 7 to help prepare their passing defense, not to prepare for other running teams.

preparing for a running team by playing a passing game would be like trying to teach a fish to ride a bike, you would be there all day, and would only accomplish killing the fish.

Or.........it might be to polish what you do best. It also leaves time for other activities and camps to work on the other fundamentals. We are proud of our progression. It's always fun to be inspired by wanabe armchair experts like you. Put away the ice cream and cake and hit the track or the weight room.

airitout

Quote from: Ouch! on August 05, 2008, 08:30:40 pm
Quote from: Air It Out on August 05, 2008, 08:21:04 pm

Or.........it might be to polish what you do best. It also leaves time for other activities and camps to work on the other fundamentals. We are proud of our progression. It's always fun to be inspired by wanabe armchair experts like you. Put away the ice cream and cake and hit the track or the weight room.

you know those who usually tell others to hit the weight room usually need to do so themselves. what position do you play on the team? you know, since you saw "we are proud of what we are doing".

Quite Frankly

Ouch!

Quote from: QF© on August 05, 2008, 08:34:19 pm
We are proud of our progression.

What progression?

To the second round of the State Tournament with facilities worse than most Junior Highs in Little Rock.

airitout

Quote from: Ouch! on August 05, 2008, 08:36:36 pm
Quote from: QF© on August 05, 2008, 08:34:19 pm
We are proud of our progression.

What progression?

To the second round of the State Tournament with facilities worse than most Junior Highs in Little Rock.

facilities dont make a team. you can work out in a billion dollar complex and never make the playoffs.

Quite Frankly

Some people are satisfied with such nominal accomplishments.

As for the facilities, they're better than you deserve.

7AFBFAN

QF, "momma help me"? Now that is some funny stuff.

westhelena1

Quote from: QF© on August 05, 2008, 08:38:05 pm

I am not surprised you hail from Northwest Arkansas with quotes like the above.  The culture of superiority oozing out of that section where The Delta is concerned is sickening.  Your arrogance and elitism are evidenced by this quote.  Our kids deserve as good an experience as yours.  They shouldn't be deprived of that experience just because they hail from the state's poorest region.  If I hadn't just promised PA Pressbox on another thread that I was going to ratchet down the rhetoric, I would have a lot more to say about this display of ignorance fitting of a location in the heart of a cesspool of stupidity.  However, you have confirmed what many have been saying all along.  The most vile attitudes about us over here don't emanate from the private school in Pulaski County.  They are prevalent in that region dominated by the University of Fayetteville, Arkansas.

Quite Frankly

Quote from: westhelena1 on August 06, 2008, 06:54:46 pm
Quote from: QF© on August 05, 2008, 08:38:05 pm

I am not surprised you hail from Northwest Arkansas with quotes like the above.  The culture of superiority oozing out of that section where The Delta is concerned is sickening.  Your arrogance and elitism are evidenced by this quote.  Our kids deserve as good an experience as yours.  They shouldn't be deprived of that experience just because they hail from the state's poorest region.  If I hadn't just promised PA Pressbox on another thread that I was going to ratchet down the rhetoric, I would have a lot more to say about this display of ignorance fitting of a location in the heart of a cesspool of stupidity.  However, you have confirmed what many have been saying all along.  The most vile attitudes about us over here don't emanate from the private school in Pulaski County.  They are prevalent in that region dominated by the University of Fayetteville, Arkansas.

Yeah you're right, that's much better.  Not that I care what you think, but that was directed at the one poster.  If you want to turn it into more go ahead.  I'm here.

westhelena1

I think the point has been made.  Let's move on. 

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas