• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Anyone attend the All Star game today?

Started by sevenof400, June 20, 2017, 11:20:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

sevenof400

Just curious if anyone attended and might share their thoughts...

softballdad#26

I did, the games where kind of a let down, Why would coaches call pitches? Do the Coaches get an award for winning or is it about the girls. The reason I ask, What happens when an opposing conference Coach knows the opposing player very well and only calls pitches they cant hit very well or cant hit at all? Isn't this kind of a last chance to impress for some of these girls?

jacosportsfreak

softballdad#26

Quote from: jacosportsfreak on June 23, 2017, 01:17:06 pm

Which team was calling pitches?

Both I think, but I know for sure the East was.

nuttinbuthogs

Quote from: softballdad#26 on June 23, 2017, 12:05:08 pm
I did, the games where kind of a let down, Why would coaches call pitches? Do the Coaches get an award for winning or is it about the girls. The reason I ask, What happens when an opposing conference Coach knows the opposing player very well and only calls pitches they cant hit very well or cant hit at all? Isn't this kind of a last chance to impress for some of these girls?
[/quote

Are you serious?  You are upset because a coach was coaching and trying to win?  Why would you not call pitches the batter cannot hit, its a game, they keep score, the kids want to win.  If the kid cannot hit pitches he or she isn't going to go to college any way.

WHITEchicken

I'm with you NBH. The pitchers are trying to impress also. Serving meatballs the whole game doesn't really look good on them.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas