• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Carlisle Basketball

Started by HoopKing, September 12, 2018, 10:12:16 am

Previous topic - Next topic

HoopKing

How are the Bison and Lady Bison basketball teams going to be?

Bildo

I think with the conference re-alignment that the boys will be able to compete in more games and improve throughout the year.

The girls will be in a much tougher conference. This will make them be more battle tested come post season

LeftyWorld

Quote from: Bildo on September 12, 2018, 10:57:17 am
I think with the conference re-alignment that the boys will be able to compete in more games and improve throughout the year.

The girls will be in a much tougher conference. This will make them be more battle tested come post season

I'm not sure how battle tested they will be. I really don't see anyone beating them in their new conference.

Bildo

September 12, 2018, 12:30:49 pm #3 Last Edit: September 12, 2018, 12:32:20 pm by Bildo
Don't count out Bigelow, England or Poyen...especially at home. Don't get me wrong... I think they should take care of business but anything can happen. And with the District Tournament being hosted by the highest bidder is HUGE!

HoopKing

I heard that Bigelow has a really good young team!  Successful in junior high but does it translate to high school.

Ctucker

Quote from: HoopKing on September 12, 2018, 02:14:16 pm
I heard that Bigelow has a really good young team!  Successful in junior high but does it translate to high school.
Most of the time it does! They moved some up last year and made state with them so it won't  be any sunrise to them!

Flobbito

Bigelow will be solid for the next few years, and they are really tough at home with the gym they are in.

Bildo

Exactly my point.... home court advantage is huge in any sport or level. Can't take anyone for granted. Bigelow girls are up and coming.... Carlisle will be solid, as always.

Cheek

September 23, 2018, 01:10:19 pm #8 Last Edit: September 23, 2018, 01:13:32 pm by Cheek
This will be the toughest Conference Carlisle ever played in.  The boys should be okay, but I do not expect them to compete for conference,  but the girls will have to step it up if they expect to compete. Bigelow will be the pre-season number one.  Poyen would have been number two, but I hear they lost a couple of their top players to transfer, but Coach Schafer will have them ready to go.  England returns everyone and will be ready to compete for the conference title and beyond.  Carlisle has a good team returning, but have a lot to replace with the lose of Warren.  Having Ricks back is a plus, but unless they have some
of the younger girls step up, it  could get tough season.  Magnet Cove  and Cutter always play hard, but don't know what they have returning.   I do not know much about Hazen or Maumelle Charter.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Cheek on September 23, 2018, 01:10:19 pm
This will be the toughest Conference Carlisle ever played in.  The boys should be okay, but I do not expect them to compete for conference,  but the girls will have to step it up if they expect to compete. Bigelow will be the pre-season number one.  Poyen would have been number two, but I hear they lost a couple of their top players to transfer, but Coach Schafer will have them ready to go.  England returns everyone and will be ready to compete for the conference title and beyond.  Carlisle has a good team returning, but have a lot to replace with the lose of Warren.  Having Ricks back is a plus, but unless they have some
of the younger girls step up, it  could get tough season.  Magnet Cove  and Cutter always play hard, but don't know what they have returning.   I do not know much about Hazen or Maumelle Charter.

Hazen was not good last season.

HoopKing

I think those are the top 4 teams but who know

LeftyWorld

I know Poyen lost the Hicks girls to LRCA, but who else transfered? England boys and girls should both make a strong push to win the conference I would imagine. I don't think Bigelow will be physical enough to take them out.

Cheek

Quote from: LeftyWorld on September 23, 2018, 06:07:30 pm
I know Poyen lost the Hicks girls to LRCA, but who else transfered? England boys and girls should both make a strong push to win the conference I would imagine. I don't think Bigelow will be physical enough to take them out.

England Boys and Girls will be in the mix. I still think based on what everyone has coming back on the girls side,  Bigelow will be the team to beat.

LeftyWorld

It will be interesting to see how this league shakes out! Only a few short months away from tip offs.

LeftyWorld

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on September 23, 2018, 02:40:25 pm
Hazen was not good last season.

From the looks of it cutter was not great and magnet looked to have been worse on MaxPreps.

NEABallftw

Magnet Cove will not be good since the Anderson kid transferred to Southwest Christian Academy.

Bildo

September 24, 2018, 11:39:04 am #16 Last Edit: September 24, 2018, 01:22:19 pm by Bildo
The girls side of the conference will come down to who can win on the road. Gonna be a three horse race (England, Bigelow and Carlisle) if Poyen lost some players. England doesn't lose anyone, Bigelow is young but went to the State Tournament last year and Carlisle who lost a couple players bring back a lot.

LeftyWorld

I think Poyen is still going to be pretty tough, even with the loss of the hicks girl. They will definitely be tough at home and senior heavy.

Cheek

Quote from: LeftyWorld on September 24, 2018, 09:12:16 pm
I think Poyen is still going to be pretty tough, even with the loss of the hicks girl. They will definitely be tough at home and senior heavy.

This is the group at Poyen that they were waiting to be Sr"s.   They were dominate I starting in the 7th grade.   I look forward to seeing Poyens new gym.

NEABallftw

Carlisle's boys will never be good if they keep Horn on as the head coach, that guy is just a sweater vest on a log and can't control those kids.  Should've given the job to Johnson this summer when Horn tried to walk, instead they let Johnson walk to Midland and get a good job there.

Bildo

Quote from: JagHog on September 25, 2018, 07:30:31 am
Carlisle's boys will never be good if they keep Horn on as the head coach, that guy is just a sweater vest on a log and can't control those kids.  Should've given the job to Johnson this summer when Horn tried to walk, instead they let Johnson walk to Midland and get a good job there.
Comments like these are EXACTLY why you shouldn't open your mouth about things you know nothing about. Horn is now the Superintendent (and a fine one at that) and was NEVER the head coach. Johnson is a great young man and coach and would've been great to keep him. Slatton is the head boys coach and is also a great coach. Speak on things you know and button it up on things you don't.

Ctucker

Quote from: Bildo on September 25, 2018, 09:15:37 am
Comments like these are EXACTLY why you shouldn't open your mouth about things you know nothing about. Horn is now the Superintendent (and a fine one at that) and was NEVER the head coach. Johnson is a great young man and coach and would've been great to keep him. Slatton is the head boys coach and is also a great coach. Speak on things you know and button it up on things you don't.
Bildo you're right this is the same guy that says coach from Lighthouse preaches discipline!

tigerblood

Where's the new coach from? Hopefully my Brinkley Tigas are on the schedule!

Bildo

Same head coaches as last year. We had an assistant go to Midland for a head coaching opportunity

NEABallftw

Oh and how many games did Slatton or whatever his name is win last year? Pretty sure Carlisle finished last in conference as well.... those boys don't respond to him or respect him. Can't blame him too much since he didn't know who he really had on a daily basis, since his boys were constantly in trouble or so I heard from a credible Carlisle source

HoopKing

What's your problem with slatton?  I'm guessing you are from Mccrory and you guys aren't much better at basketball. 

HoopKing

Bildo

September 28, 2018, 03:46:47 pm #27 Last Edit: October 01, 2018, 10:40:14 am by Bildo
Quote from: JagHog on September 27, 2018, 08:04:48 pm
Oh and how many games did Slatton or whatever his name is win last year? Pretty sure Carlisle finished last in conference as well.... those boys don't respond to him or respect him. Can't blame him too much since he didn't know who he really had on a daily basis, since his boys were constantly in trouble or so I heard from a credible Carlisle source
So our Coaches are terrible and our kids stay in trouble?! Your credible source is just one opinion. I am sure I can find "sources" from your fan base that will same the same about your program. You can't even get the names of our Coaches straight and you want me to acknowledge your credibility?! Laughable...   Our basketball program and kids are doing just fine.

AverageJo24

Was there not an opening for Johnson at Carlisle? Not trying to stir the pot or anything, but I just heard Carlisle basically just let him walk and didn't offer him anything. Seemed a little strange to me, but I do not know the whole story.

HoopKing

Neither head coach was leaving so there wasn't an opening as ahead coach other than maybe as the head baseball coach.

LeftyWorld

Quote from: HoopKing on October 05, 2018, 02:13:35 pm
Neither head coach was leaving so there wasn't an opening as ahead coach other than maybe as the head baseball coach.

I know for a fact there was a boys head basketball job at carlisle because it was advertised.

CoachWhoever

I'm pretty sure it was advertised the last two years. I know it was the year before last for sure.

HoopKing

The boys job was advertised during the summer.  He didn't end up leaving but that is beside the point.  Johnson had the Midland job before school was out so there was no opening at the time.  Slatton didn't try to leave until the summer.

hogtastics

Quote from: LeftyWorld on September 23, 2018, 09:34:47 pm
From the looks of it cutter was not great and magnet looked to have been worse on MaxPreps.

Not sure about Magnet Cove this year, but CMS girls started 4 sophomores last year. They will be much stronger this year. Shaffer will have Poyen ready to play. They were good last year...look for them to be stronger this year. Both of these teams will be in the mix. Maumelle Charter won't be in the conversation with girls. They couldn't compete last year.

As for boys, Poyen, Magnet Cove & CMS all had young teams. Magnet graduated 3 seniors. Not sure exact numbers for Poyen. CMS started 3 sophomores last year and a junior who didn't see much court time the year before with the 2017-18 team filled with seniors who made it to final 4. CMS will be the team to beat coming in from the south side of the conference. Maumelle Charter is also a solid team and well coached. They will be ready.

With all that being said, I haven't kept up with the north side of the conference as closely, but I expect this to be a tough conference.

NEABallftw

Don't know how good Maumelle Charter will really be, they graduated 5 seniors I believe?  Which was most of their starting lineup.  Great Coach though

Cheek

Quote from: JagHog on October 09, 2018, 07:32:32 am
Don't know how good Maumelle Charter will really be, they graduated 5 seniors I believe?  Which was most of their starting lineup.  Great Coach though

Easy to rebuild Charter School programs.  They don't have to play by the same transfer rules.

Bildo

October 10, 2018, 07:12:02 am #36 Last Edit: October 10, 2018, 08:49:33 am by Bildo
I agree Cheek... kinda puts the rest of the public schools at a disadvantage in many sports. In our "small town world", we somewhat "forecast" the success of our programs by looking what we have and what is a few grades behind. The occasional move-in sometimes plays a factor, but for the most part.... you play with the hand your dealt. 

Cheek

Quote from: Bildo on October 10, 2018, 07:12:02 am
I agree Cheek... kinda puts the rest of the public schools at a disadvantage in many sports. In our "small town world", we somewhat "forecast" the success of our programs by looking what we have and what is a few grades behind. The occasional move-in sometimes plays a factor, but for the most part.... you play with the hand your dealt.

We are in the same boar.

NEABallftw

Quote from: Cheek on October 09, 2018, 10:34:27 am
Easy to rebuild Charter School programs.  They don't have to play by the same transfer rules.
Yes they do.............

HorseFeathers

Yeah they do....Didn't the Doakes kid find that out the hardway last season?

Bildo

Central Ark

Quote from: HorseFeathers on October 13, 2018, 02:06:58 pm
Yeah they do....Didn't the Doakes kid find that out the hardway last season?

He found out they play by different rules, but in a bad way. If a player transfers back to his home district, he will become eligible. Charter school don't get to abide by this rule. He would've had to sit out a full year at Lighthouse.

Cheek

Quote from: Central Ark on October 13, 2018, 10:36:42 pm
He found out they play by different rules, but in a bad way. If a player transfers back to his home district, he will become eligible. Charter school don't get to abide by this rule. He would've had to sit out a full year at Lighthouse.

This is a unique situation.  Doahes  tried to play at NLR by reporting a false address. When this was discovered, he tried to go back to alight house but the AAA said no, so he had to go to J-Ville. Kids do not have to sit out going from Public to Charter.

HoopKing

Charter schools have kinda hijacked this thread

Cheek

Quote from: HoopKing on October 14, 2018, 09:29:19 am
Charter schools have kinda hijacked this thread

Okay,  back to Carlisle Basketball.

HoopKing

Nobody seems to have anything positive to say about Carlisle basketball.  Im the girls are practicing hard and the boys are mostly in football right now.  I'm interested in how they respond with Kylie Warren being gone.  Will the players left rise to the occasion? England has been playing in the same weak conference the last two years.  Carlisle has been first and England second in Senior high while England had been first and carlisle second in Jr high. I think Bigelow is the favorite and poyen is in the mix as well.  I think any of the four teams could beat each other. 

Cheek

Quote from: HoopKing on October 17, 2018, 04:02:31 pm
Nobody seems to have anything positive to say about Carlisle basketball.  Im the girls are practicing hard and the boys are mostly in football right now.  I'm interested in how they respond with Kylie Warren being gone.  Will the players left rise to the occasion? England has been playing in the same weak conference the last two years.  Carlisle has been first and England second in Senior high while England had been first and carlisle second in Jr high. I think Bigelow is the favorite and poyen is in the mix as well.  I think any of the four teams could beat each other.

No one has had any negative thing to say about Carlisle girls either.   Carlisle girls have had a very good program the past few years.  I really thought Carlisle had a special team the past two years, and with the a little luck, could have won a state title.  The only problem is Earle and Quitman also has equally talented teams, and won when they needed to.  Carlisle will have a good team this year, but the loss of Warren will be tough. I am aware that Ricks is an outstanding player,  but the past few years, she scored a lot of points because everyone was trying to stop Warren.   

Besides Ricks and Bolin,  who are the returning starters?

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Cheek on October 21, 2018, 09:48:19 am
No one has had any negative thing to say about Carlisle girls either.   Carlisle girls have had a very good program the past few years.  I really thought Carlisle had a special team the past two years, and with the a little luck, could have won a state title.  The only problem is Earle and Quitman also has equally talented teams, and won when they needed to.  Carlisle will have a good team this year, but the loss of Warren will be tough. I am aware that Ricks is an outstanding player,  but the past few years, she scored a lot of points because everyone was trying to stop Warren.   

Besides Ricks and Bolin,  who are the returning starters?

That seems to be a very fair assessment of Carlisle and Ricks. The big question will be how good will she be while being the main focus of the other team.

HoopKing

Kiara Miller number 35 is the other returning starter.

HoopKing

11 days for season opener!!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas