• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Harding Academy

Started by by-stander, June 11, 2015, 10:20:46 am

Previous topic - Next topic

by-stander

How will they be this year??

FNLsupporter

Quote from: by-stander on June 11, 2015, 10:20:46 am
How will they be this year??
They are always tough!! Should be favorites in 2-3A. Very well coached and athletes that buy into the program as a team. There's just a big separation when it comes to the top 3 or 4 teams in 3A recently.

adaptedtigerfan

I like how u said athletes that buy...    U meant to say coaches that buy athletes.😂😂

nastynice

You beat me to it. I was thinking the same thing.

FNLsupporter

If you follow HA at all you will find that athlete for athlete, they aren't anymore talented than some of the other teams in the conference, but they are prepared week after week and play as a team.  Trusting eachother to do their assignment on the field goes a long way toward getting wins.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: FNLsupporter on June 11, 2015, 03:09:31 pm
If you follow HA at all you will find that athlete for athlete, they aren't anymore talented than some of the other teams in the conference, but they are prepared week after week and play as a team.  Trusting eachother to do their assignment on the field goes a long way toward getting wins.
couple of years ago they played a team with better athletes. they beat us like we stole something.

FNLsupporter

Quote from: Oldman on June 11, 2015, 03:18:08 pm
If you follow HA at all you will find that athlete for athlete, they aren't anymore talented than s. e of the other teams in the conference, but they are prepared week after week and play as a team.  Trusting eachother to do their assignment on the field goes a long way toward getting wins.
couple of years ago they played a team with better athletes. they beat us like we stole something.
I know right??!!  I keep thinking they are due a down year, but they just seem to have a certain level of success even when they shouldn't!  I believe they haven't lost a conference game since '08 or 09?  I'm not a HA fan, but i definitely respect their program 

hornethigh-mhs

Students at Harding academy become athletes through coaching. What would even be the rectruiting strategy??

FNLsupporter

Quote from: hornethigh-mhs on June 12, 2015, 06:20:02 pm
Students at Harding academy become athletes through coaching. What would even be the rectruiting strategy??
I hate everytime someone brings up a private school team, some people start complanng about recruiting.  It's laughable if people only knew, there is probably more "recruiting" in public schools than private schools!  I guess when private school teams are successful, people need to find a reason because it can't possibly be because they are just a better team! 

FBfan79

June 13, 2015, 09:41:03 am #9 Last Edit: June 13, 2015, 09:43:15 am by FBfan79
HA is a top notch program.  They will be tough every year.  Them and Charleston will always be in the top ranked of 3A.

FBfan79

Quote from: FNLsupporter on June 13, 2015, 08:49:24 am
Quote from: hornethigh-mhs on June 12, 2015, 06:20:02 pm
I hate everytime someone brings up a private school team, some people start complanng about recruiting.  It's laughable if people only knew, there is probably more "recruiting" in public schools than private schools!  I guess when private school teams are successful, people need to find a reason because it can't possibly be because they are just a better team!

Would you agree that there are differences between private school and a public school athletics?  Being different from public schools raises a lot of the questions IMO.

minerjack

I was at that game. 2012?

Hbry

I think they'll be down this year. I'm betting they lose their first conference game in quite a long time.

BigLion10

Last time they lost was 2009 to mayflower I believe

jr17

*2008. But, they lost to a conference team in the playoffs this year.

BigLion10

That was a really good mayflower team in 08 I remember playing them when we were in conference that year

Hootie

Quote from: minerjack2212 on June 13, 2015, 10:31:21 am
I was at that game. 2012?

Sure was. Francis picked us apart on defense that game.

WCD

HA football is a system that is taught early on in the Pee Wee league. Young boys attending the elementary and middle school grow up practicing similar plays as the high school. Most young HA boys grow up at the stadium watching and dreaming about playing on the Wildcat team.  The majority of the players attended HA from kindergarten and know the moves of their buddies having played or practice with them most of their lives. I think this give them an edge.

Another reason for the success is the discipline that is provided by the athletes family, the administration, faculty and coaching staff. There's less "I" and more "we" or "us" as a team. When one fails all fail; when one succeeds all succeed.

HA should be good again this year not necessarily because of great athletes but because of a sound disciplined athletic program. Will they win the State Championship? I don't know but I do know that they will make a hard run for it?

WCD ;D

Coltfan2005

Quote from: WCD on June 27, 2015, 06:55:07 am
HA football is a system that is taught early on in the Pee Wee league. Young boys attending the elementary and middle school grow up practicing similar plays as the high school. Most young HA boys grow up at the stadium watching and dreaming about playing on the Wildcat team.  The majority of the players attended HA from kindergarten and know the moves of their buddies having played or practice with them most of their lives. I think this give them an edge.

Another reason for the success is the discipline that is provided by the athletes family, the administration, faculty and coaching staff. There's less "I" and more "we" or "us" as a team. When one fails all fail; when one succeeds all succeed.

HA should be good again this year not necessarily because of great athletes but because of a sound disciplined athletic program. Will they win the State Championship? I don't know but I do know that they will make a hard run for it?

WCD ;D

Piggott has pee wee teams that run the type as the the high school.
Piggott kids are together from K-12.
Piggott has pretty good discipline across the board.
Piggott kids probably dream of one day playing high school football...........for Hoxie, Rivercrest, or osceola! :)

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on July 07, 2015, 09:41:41 pm

WCD ;D

Piggott kids probably dream of one day playing high school football...........for Hoxie, Rivercrest, or osceola! :)

Piggott has the hardest hitting guys in 3a!

Coltfan2005

Depends on what you think they are hitting! 8)

BigLion10

Quote from: HF on July 07, 2015, 09:45:29 pm
Quote from: Coltfan2005 on July 07, 2015, 09:41:41 pm

WCD ;D

Piggott has the hardest hitting guys in 3a!
Hitting the shine that is

Lions84

Harding is always a top 10 team !

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas