• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

spring top 10

Started by benchwarmer99, May 26, 2015, 08:31:15 am

Previous topic - Next topic

benchwarmer99

1.)prescott 
2.)harding 
3.)Fordyce
4.)Mcghee
5.)Rivercrest
6.)osceola
7.) West fork
8.) smackover
9.) Benton harmony grove
10.) Lamar

WPWells

WPWells

So you're telling me that there are 7 teams better than any of the four teams that made last year's semis?

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: benchwarmer99 on May 26, 2015, 08:31:15 am
1.)prescott 
2.)harding 
3.)Fordyce
4.)Mcghee
5.)Rivercrest
6.)osceola
7.) West fork
8.) smackover
9.) Benton harmony grove
10.) Lamar
just say no

Proud Buckaroo

He's still angry fordyce lost the championship again. Give him time.

benchwarmer99

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on May 26, 2015, 08:56:01 am
better than losing the first round of regionals. And yes that's what I'm saying. Smackover lost to many key players and all of their lineman. They have good backs but without anyone to block it will be tough. Only returning lineman they return is #44 who's about 5 foot and from the stands, looks like he is just too small and gets abused.

WPWells

May 26, 2015, 09:04:12 am #6 Last Edit: May 26, 2015, 09:07:00 am by 12th Man CHS
With all due respect (very little) you should probably think before you post because this was very ill-conceived

What about Charleston and Booneville? And please don't give me that junk about how Charleston lost Storey because that's lame. Everyone knows that even without Storey Charleston will be top ten

Proud Buckaroo

You obviously have no idea what you're talking about. You should just read more, and post less. The kid gets abused? You must not know... He was the kid who sacked Ty Storey the most. Just like it was said on the Baseball thread. BUT, did you win it?

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on May 26, 2015, 09:04:12 am
With all due respect (very little) you should probably think before you post because this was very ill-conceived

What about Charleston and Booneville? And please don't give me that junk about how Charleston lost Storey because that's lame. Everyone knows that even without Storey Charleston will be top ten
11. booneville
12. charleston

feel better?

benchwarmer99

Charleston will always be decent in my opinion because of their coaching staff, but I just don't see them as a top ten 10 pre season team. I think without Storey last year smackover would have ran charleston out of war memorial.

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: benchwarmer99 on May 26, 2015, 09:00:52 am
better than losing the first round of regionals. And yes that's what I'm saying. Smackover lost to many key players and all of their lineman. They have good backs but without anyone to block it will be tough. Only returning lineman they return is #44 who's about 5 foot and from the stands, looks like he is just too small and gets abused.

By the way.. Most of the key players will still be on this seasons team. They lost Elmo Hempstead, and Logan Clark. The linemen being gone isn't an issue at this point. We have several kids who can fill the shoes of those missing linemen. Like a NLR transfer; 6'4". 200+ pounds. Beau Burson will fill the shoes of Logan. So... Don't be so truly upset... And be a little less bias when making a preseason poll.

WPWells

So how have the teams at the top of your rankings gotten so much better?

Also, you do realize Charleston has won 29 games in a row and there were other players on the field besides Ty Storey, right?

benchwarmer99

Fill the shoes of Logan Clark? Are you kidding me? Logan Clark played just as we'll as Storey last year in the championship game. He did have more weapons, but still Logan Clark is going to be very hard to replace. Y'all had the best o line in the state last year and lost all of them. Elmo is better than Jordan and was all season. Smackover will be a good team next year but not even close to what they were last year.

Proud Buckaroo

Because all season long Jordan was getting double covered; sometimes even triple covered. Which opened up more opportunities for Elmo. Elmo is a very good player. Definitely our best defensive player last season.

OLDSCHOOL82

This is getting good.  Carry on.

Proud Buckaroo

You still have yet to explain how all of a sudden the rest of your top 1-7 teams have changed to put them in those spots. The more you avoid it, the more it becona evident this is just a poll based on you being truly upset.

I give you McGehee and Prescott. But... You can explain the rest.

benchwarmer99

He was your best offensive player last year too from what I hear. How he did not make all state is crazy. One of the best receivers in 3a in my opinion.

benchwarmer99

Harding returns a lot and has a very good qb and always very we'll coached. Fordyce returns a lot along  with gates who's one of the best in the state. Return everyone up front and everybody on defensive and offensive. Lost 2 stares of defense and 3 on offensive. Also they have a very good jr high 6'2 260 fullback coming up from jr high who has some good speed. That's just my opinion.. McGhee would be #1 in the state in my opinion if they would not have lost their star running back due to off the field issues but they will still be very good because their sr class is strong and they are gonna be very we'll up front.

Proud Buckaroo

OLDSCHOOL82

Quote from: benchwarmer99 on May 26, 2015, 09:39:41 am
Harding returns a lot and has a very good qb and always very we'll coached. Fordyce returns a lot along  with gates who's one of the best in the state. Return everyone up front and everybody on defensive and offensive. Lost 2 stares of defense and 3 on offensive. Also they have a very good jr high 6'2 260 fullback coming up from jr high who has some good speed. That's just my opinion.. McGhee would be #1 in the state in my opinion if they would not have lost their star running back due to off the field issues but they will still be very good because their sr class is strong and they are gonna be very we'll up front.

A 6'2", 260 lb fullback in jr high usually equals an O/D tackle in Sr High.  Sr High is a little different than jr high there buddy.

Coach Jones

1.  Smackover
2.  prescott
3.  Charleston
after that I'm not sure how to rank the rest so I won't

benchwarmer99

Don't get especially upset because your grandson gets thrown all over the field. It's ok, he's good for a little guy

Proud Buckaroo

My grandson? See, that's where you are wrong. The poster who is the grandfather of number 44 is "Buck Fever." Now we see what this about...

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Coach Jones on May 26, 2015, 09:57:09 am

1.  Smackover
2.  prescott
3.  Charleston
after that I'm not sure how to rank the rest so I won't
that's where i would start.

WPWells

Now that's what I call reasonable. +1 Coach

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: benchwarmer99 on May 26, 2015, 09:58:26 am
Don't get especially upset because your grandson gets thrown all over the field. It's ok, he's good for a little guy
oh no you didn't.

adaptedtigerfan

Prescott is the favorite in my opinion.
I would say Charleston, Osceola, and #Smackover are all close.   

Osceola was a dang good and very young team last year I wouldn't sleep on them.

BUCK FEVER

I will address this horseshyt when I get home tonight.

adaptedtigerfan

Why is that?   You gotta think awhile about why you think the Smackaroos should be the clear #1?   You lost your whole line and your QB and your best receiver.   That's enough right there.

adaptedtigerfan

You heard it hear First Ladies and gents........    Charleston will be @ WMS again and if not they will make the semis.

Longfellow

1. Prescott/Smackover - this could go either way in my opinion
3. Mcgehee
4. Charleston - do we even know what offense they are gonna run yet?
5. Booneville - lost almost the whole backfield but it's Booneville,  always tough
6. Osceola - super athletic
7. Harding Academy - well coached, good QB
8. Lamar
9. Harmony Grove - two words. Jon Johnson
10. Fordyce
Others - ECS, Barton, Centerpoint

WPWells

From what I understand, Jackson Rowland has looked good in the spring and Charleston will be staying in the spread

Hootie

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on May 26, 2015, 01:10:59 pm
From what I understand, Jackson Rowland has looked good in the spring and Charleston will be staying in the spread

If it ain't broke don't fix it

Longfellow

I was hoping they would. I like the way Kendrick runs that spread, he is an excellent play caller

minerjack

Soooo.... I guess there is a different poll with JC attached to it?

OLDSCHOOL82

Quote from: Longfellow on May 26, 2015, 02:02:40 pm
I was hoping they would. I like the way Kendrick runs that spread, he is an excellent play caller

Not knocking kendrick at all..... Ty Storey could read the defense and ck at the line, thats why it was successfull with him holding the reigns.  That, plus his arm, is why he is a Hog!  Am i saying it wont work with Rowland, NO.  It will still be successfull, just not the same.

Lineman

There have been a few "modifications" to the offense. My understanding is nothing major, no one will probably know the difference. Kendrick & his staff have the knack for making adjustments when and where it is the most beneficial to the program. I think Jack will do just fine taking over. Hopefully the weather will cooperate & we'll get a good look this Saturday at Charleston's 7 on 7.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: minerjack2212 on May 26, 2015, 02:03:44 pm
there will be in 2 years

KOJACK

Quote from: Oldman on May 26, 2015, 02:56:06 pm
there will be in 2 years
Don't count on it

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: KOJACK on May 26, 2015, 03:24:31 pm
there will be in 2 years
Don't count on it
on them being top 10 when they move up?

Truthfully

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on May 26, 2015, 09:16:14 am
So how have the teams at the top of your rankings gotten so much better?

Also, you do realize Charleston has won 29 games in a row and there were other players on the field besides Ty Storey, right?
I agree with you.. Too much tradition and good talent coming back, many having played a LOT of time each game last year, that I think Charleston should be in anyone's top 10 until PROVEN wrong by early season losses. Usually state champion team starts off the next year at least in the top 5 unless all 22 starting position athletes graduated and that seldom ever happens. I have C'town as #7 preseason. Storey had a LOT of support staff and many return this year...

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: Lineman on May 26, 2015, 02:54:24 pm
There have been a few "modifications" to the offense. My understanding is nothing major, no one will probably know the difference. Kendrick & his staff have the knack for making adjustments when and where it is the most beneficial to the program. I think Jack will do just fine taking over. Hopefully the weather will cooperate & we'll get a good look this Saturday at Charleston's 7 on 7.

Pretty sure smackover is playing in that 7 on 7. If I'm not mistaken... What time is the first game?

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: Oldman on May 26, 2015, 03:27:58 pm
Quote from: KOJACK on May 26, 2015, 03:24:31 pm
there will be in 2 years
Don't count on it
on them being top 10 when they move up?

He's too partial.

KOJACK

Lineman

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on May 26, 2015, 04:56:54 pm

Pretty sure smackover is playing in that 7 on 7. If I'm not mistaken... What time is the first game?
9:30 I believe

fbisgreat

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on May 26, 2015, 04:56:54 pm

I think they dropped out there was 18 teams at one time but now only 8.

Proud Buckaroo

I will find out. Thanks for telling me.

Proud Buckaroo

Smackover did drop out. Because of so many others dropping out.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: benchwarmer99 on May 26, 2015, 08:31:15 am
1.)prescott 
2.)harding 
3.)Fordyce
4.)Mcghee
5.)Rivercrest
6.)osceola
7.) West fork
8.) smackover
9.) Benton harmony grove
10.) Lamar

Brilliant troll attempt...or so I hope

BUCK FEVER

Quote from: benchwarmer99 on May 26, 2015, 09:00:52 am

You are either an idiot or a clown, probably both........or pissssed because the redbug seniors (to be) have lost 100% of there games to the Bucks seniors (to be).........you have a perfect o-5 record, I don't see it changing this year either ,

7th grade redbugs lose
8th grade redbugs lose
9th grade redbugs lose
10 grade redbugs lose
11th grade redbugs lose
GET THE PICTURE  ?.................

You say #44 only lineman returning.......the line not returning is the o-line, he did not play o-line, the defensive line only graduated d-ends.as for as #44  being undersized , that is true, but if younotice how many defensive lineman wear # 44 ???????????I don't think i ever recall one  before, you think just maybe he was playing out of position this past season ? maybe because they felt they could utilize him the most at that spot ?..........#44 is a natural linebacker and has been sense the 3 rd grade, and more than likely will move back to linebacker this year where he belongs..............he may have been a little small in stature......but not in STATS,

STATE CHAMPIONSHIP GAME

12 TACKLES
4 BEHIND THE LINE
2 QB SACKS FOR 16 YARDS IN LOSES

AWARDED THE DEFENSIVE (BRANDON BURLESWORTH AWARD) CHAMPIONSHIP PLAYER OF THE GAME FOR SMACKOVER.

SO WHO GOT ABUSED ????

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas