• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Guess I'm leaving fearless in 2016...

Started by RabidWolf, May 18, 2015, 02:58:54 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

RabidWolf

Only thread I care about is 3A, and I don't think I can handle people constantly whining about Junction having a couple of Louisiana kids every week like they do on the 2A board...

Jimbo Morphis

i think jc will find the 3a a little tougher than the 2a. it won't be a cake walk.

Hootie

I could honestly care less about where Junction gets their players from. They put their helmet on the same way everyone else does.

dragondad

I'm ready for the change of scenery, personally.

Longfellow

I think it'll be fun. Gets rid of booneville posters :) jk, we can compare JC's and Charleston's recruiting pipelines, and more offseason threads

dragondad

Quote from: Longfellow on May 18, 2015, 03:50:21 pm
I think it'll be fun. Gets rid of booneville posters :) jk, we can compare JC's and Charleston's recruiting pipelines, and more offseason threads

There's no comparison, ours is much better.   Plus, we have a private jet and a luxury tour bus.

Proud Buckaroo

Even better, DD. Your players GET PAID.

HorseFeathers

For all the annoying things about th 3a guys, I don't think any have resorted to the your good so you must recruit tactic...

RabidWolf

Unless Harding or ECS win! Then it's out of hand. Because it's impossible for a private school to win without recruiting, right?!

Proud Buckaroo

And honestly, there is one guy that is constantly whining about it.

RabidWolf

dragondad

Well just wait, next year that guy will be those guys, and 2A will be silent.

Lions84

I think JC will find the sledding tougher next fall.

dragondad

Quote from: Lions84 on May 22, 2015, 02:06:18 pm

I honestly hope that's true, and I feel it is. Ready for a change!

Backwoods Bart

Quote from: Lions84 on May 22, 2015, 02:06:18 pm

I think that JC will find the sledding harder THIS fall! They have had a heck of a run though!

The_Devil_Himself

Don't let the door knob hit ya, where the good Lord split ya.

Hootie

Just imagine if Prescott were in the 6 when 2016 comes around. :o

CHG, Fordyce, Junction City, McGehee, Prescott, and Smackover.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Hootie on May 29, 2015, 08:10:03 am

chg going to 2a

KOJACK

That would be something...Remind me of when I played in the old 7-2A. Prescott, Fordyce(2 time state champs the 3 years I played), Nashville, DeQueen(when they were actually pretty good), Stamps, Gurdon, and Junction City... Every week was a battle...except for Junction  ;D  I will give Junction some credit though, the first time I saw something like the wildcat was when they had Jerome Godfrey at Qb...he was about 6' 250".

Hootie

Quote from: Oldman on May 29, 2015, 08:20:35 am

chg going to 2a

So you're saying there's a chance we get Prescott back??

snoopy22

I don't think Prescott will go back to the 6.  I think we will stay 5 in 2016.

Proud Buckaroo

I think so as well. Geographically speaking. They should stay in the 3A-5.

adaptedtigerfan

Come on PB just admit it the Smackaroos just don't want dem Curley Wolves!!

Lineman

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on May 29, 2015, 04:50:27 pm
Since when did geography factor in?

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Lineman on May 29, 2015, 06:59:07 pm
Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on May 29, 2015, 04:50:27 pm
Since when did geography factor in?
when the 3a-1 came into its current format duh..

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: adaptedtigerfan on May 29, 2015, 06:18:15 pm
Come on PB just admit it the Smackaroos just don't want dem Curley Wolves!!
If that's the case. Put them with you...Wait, never mind.

WPWells

Don't mind him, PB. He gets a little excited at times

JC Guy

Quote from: Oldman on May 18, 2015, 03:00:56 pm
i think jc will find the 3a a little tougher than the 2a. it won't be a cake walk.
Couldn't agree more that we will have to play a lot more quality teams and it won't be a cake walk. I do think that JC will be fine in the 3A  and don't be surprised if they are pushing the elite early and often when we step up. A ton of young talent standing on the sidelines and a lot of young guys going to start this year.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: JC Guy on June 01, 2015, 04:05:14 pm
Couldn't agree more that we will have to play a lot more quality teams and it won't be a cake walk. I do think that JC will be fine in the 3A  and don't be surprised if they are pushing the elite early and often when we step up. A ton of young talent standing on the sidelines and a lot of young guys going to start this year.
i won't be surprised at all. just don't think playing 3a is the same as 2a.

THA TRUTH

It's not the same but there wasn't that much of a difference the last few years

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: THA TRUTH on June 01, 2015, 04:09:43 pm
It's not the same but there wasn't that much of a difference the last few years
i disagree. the good teams are better other than jc and there is more of them. that being said jc could have won the 3a the last 2 years.

-Painted Fan-

I think someone's still a bit hurt that they went home before Thanksgiving back in 2013.....

JC Guy

Quote from: Oldman on June 01, 2015, 04:08:14 pm
Oh I am aware it won't be the same. What a lot of people don't understand is how hard the coaches have to work to keep the kids sharp when you aren't being pushed. I watch what my kid puts into preparing to play for JC as a starter and he only got to play 14 quarters last year because of the situation in 2A ( All year ). When kids work like they work to be a starter at an elite program they want to play too. It will be good for Junction IMO. If they can step up and do some of the great things they have been doing it would just make it that much more impressive.

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: -Painted Fan- on June 01, 2015, 07:20:02 pm
I think someone's still a bit hurt that they went home before Thanksgiving back in 2013.....

Do you even read your posts before you send them? You are really starting to come off as a bit arrogant...

OLDSCHOOL82

Quote from: JC Guy on June 01, 2015, 08:00:47 pm
Quote from: Oldman on June 01, 2015, 04:08:14 pm
Oh I am aware it won't be the same. What a lot of people don't understand is how hard the coaches have to work to keep the kids sharp when you aren't being pushed. I watch what my kid puts into preparing to play for JC as a starter and he only got to play 14 quarters last year because of the situation in 2A ( All year ). When kids work like they work to be a starter at an elite program they want to play too. It will be good for Junction IMO. If they can step up and do some of the great things they have been doing it would just make it that much more impressive.

JC will be fine in 3A.  The competition in the playoffs will increase of course.  The one main difference in classification changes is the injury bug.  Everyone seems to forget about that.  The 2 to 3A bump will mean a few more snaps for the starters, a few more lbs on the opponents, a little more pop to the hits.  This will create a few more injuries that JC will have to deal with.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: -Painted Fan- on June 01, 2015, 07:20:02 pm
who?

adaptedtigerfan

I see what u did there Painted.   Haha

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas