• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2016-2018 Numbers.

Started by Proud Buckaroo, April 30, 2015, 04:23:41 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Proud Buckaroo

https://ct.yimg.com/mr/uploads/1107/1684812.pdf

Booneville, and West Fork joins the 4a, and Clinton/Newport joing the 3A.

whippersnapper

So glad Newport is dropping. They are doing good by having around 35 players out and will now face competition with similar numbers. I am saying it now, watchout 3A when Newport drops. They have 22 "sophomores" now in offseason that are a hungry diamond in the rough group. They havent won just a whole lot since 7th grade, but they were conf runner ups this last year. And quite frankly they are finally hitting pueberty. Haha. In all seriousness I just see some good football years continuing for the Greyhounds. Since 2012 they have gone 8-4, 9-3, & 8-3 with 2 playoff victories and 1 conference championship. Until then have a great 2015 season.

Also Go Tigers for my alma mater West Fork. They return a good nucleus off a 9-2 team with all state qb Colton Wise and will chase WF's first 10-0 season in school history. 

Proud Buckaroo

JUNCTION CITY AND GURDON ARE COMING TO 3A!!

Proud Buckaroo

Camden Harmony Grove is going to 2A. That means that Junction City will be coming to our conference.

AirWarren

Jc goes to 3a. Been a long time coming imo. We will see how they do against teams with more numbers.

Proud Buckaroo

Junction is a really good team, but we will see just how good they are!

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on April 30, 2015, 04:49:53 pm
Camden Harmony Grove is going to 2A. That means that Junction City will be coming to our conference.

CHG dropping had no bearing on them coming to your conference lol

beach bum

Figuring out the 1-3A and 4-3A will be intetesting with West Fork, Lavaca, Danville, and Booneville exiting those 2 leagues. Clinton will probably join the 4-3A.

beach bum

April 30, 2015, 06:34:42 pm #8 Last Edit: April 30, 2015, 06:38:49 pm by beach bum
I probably missed a team or 2 blindly but will the 1-3A most likely now be Cedarville, Elkins, Greenland, Green Forest, Mountain View, Marshall, Yellville Summit, and Melbourne. Then the 4-3A will more than likely be Mansfield, Charleston, Paris, Two Rivers, Lamar, Atkins, Clinton, and Perryville..... or they could go podded as Greenland, Elkins, Cedarville, Mansfield, Charleston, Paris, Two Rivers, and Lamar together. Then have Green Forest, Mountain View, Marshall, Yellville Summit, Clinton, Melbourne, Atkins, and Perryville together.... the second groupings make a little more sense to me because Green Forest to Perryville is much shorter than Cedarville, Greenland, and Elkins traveling out to Mountain View and Melbourne like they have been the last 2 cycles.

Longfellow

Man I hope not, that's some long drives for conference games

beach bum

Quote from: Longfellow on April 30, 2015, 06:38:13 pm
Man I hope not, that's some long drives for conference games

I feel bad for those two leagues that will come out of that jumbled mess.... so many long travels.

Proud Buckaroo

April 30, 2015, 06:43:15 pm #11 Last Edit: April 30, 2015, 06:45:37 pm by Proud Buckaroo
Quote from: beach bum on April 30, 2015, 06:34:42 pm
I probably missed a team or 2 blindly but will the 1-3A most likely now be Cedarville, Elkins, Greenland, Green Forest, Mountain View, Marshall, Yellville Summit, and Melbourne. Then the 4-3A will more than likely be Mansfield, Charleston, Paris, Two Rivers, Lamar, Atkins, Clinton, and Perryville..... or they could go podded as Greenland, Elkins, Cedarville, Mansfield, Charleston, Paris, Two Rivers, and Lamar together. Then have Green Forest, Mountain View, Marshall, Yellville Summit, Clinton, Melbourne, Atkins, and Perryville together.... the second groupings make a little more sense to me because Green Forest to Perryville is much shorter than Cedarville, Greenland, and Elkins traveling out to Mountain View and Melbourne like they have been the last 2 cycles.

Let me show you what I have.

Proud Buckaroo

April 30, 2015, 06:44:37 pm #12 Last Edit: April 30, 2015, 08:09:22 pm by Proud Buckaroo
3A-1 would be:

Cedarville,
Elkins,
Green Forest,
Greenland,
Marshall,
Mansfield,
Mountain View,
Yellville-Summit.

3A-2 would be:

Bald Knob,
Barton,
Cedar Ridge,
Harding,
Marianna,
Rose Bud,
Episcopal,
Newport.

3A-3 would be:

Corning,
Hoxie,
Manila,
Melbourne,
Osceola,
Piggot,
Rivercreast,
Walnut Ridge.

3A-4 will most likely be:

Charleston,
Atkins,
Perryville,
Paris,
Lamar,
Clinton,
Two Rivers,
Mayflower.

3a-5 would be:

Benton Harmony Grove,
Bismark,
Centerpoint,
Glen Rose,
Gurdon,
Horatio,
Jessieville,
Prescott.

3A-6 would be:

Drew Central,
Fordyce,
Fouke,
Genoa Central,
Junction City,
Lake Village,
McGehee,
Smackover.

Proud Buckaroo

HF, and I are both sitting here mapping it out. Maybe we can figure it out. lolll.

beach bum

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on April 30, 2015, 06:44:37 pm
3A-4 will most likely be:

Charleston,
Atkins,
Perryville,
Paris,
Lamar,
Clinton,
Two Rivers...

And MAYBE Mayflower.

I didn't think of using Mayflower. I like your 4-3A better.

WPWells

HF has been waiting on this forever. I've been receiving many messages from him and I'm fascinated by his thoughts

HorseFeathers

April 30, 2015, 08:06:28 pm #16 Last Edit: April 30, 2015, 08:12:22 pm by HF
3A-6
Fouke
Genoa Central
Smackover
Junction City
Fordyce
McGehee
Lake Village
Drew Central

Notes: Lost C. Harmony Grove due to them dropping to 2A, and Junction City would have been going in this conference re-guardless

3A-5
Gurdon
Prescott
Horatio
Centerpoint
Jessieville
Glen Rose
Harmony Grove-Haskell------This is what they are listed on new AAA numbers sheet as now...
Bismark

Notes: Gained: Gurdon....Lost: LR Episcopal, with Gurdon being a perfect geographical fit someone had to get the boot, and episcopal was the odd man out...

3A-4
Cedarville
Mansfield
Charleston
paris
Lamar
Perrville
Atkins
Two Rivers

Notes: Lost: Danville, Lavaca, and Booneville to Reclassification...Gained: Atkins, Perryville, and Cedarville....Atkins and Perryville make perfect sense to me since they are along that I-40 corridor just like the core of the conference. Was really torn between Clinton(Decided they would make a better fit with the Eastern Half of 3A-1), Mayflower(Left them in the 2), and Cedarville(Who on the map looks to be the best choice of the 3 without checking mileage etc..)

3A-3
Cedar Ridge
Walnut Ridge
Hoxie
Corning
Piggott
Manila
Rivercrest
Osceola

Note: Lost Melbourne Due to Geography and Past History(more on this further down), Gained Walnut Ridge due to Reclassification

3A-2
Barton
Marianna
Episcopal
Rose Bud
Harding Academy
Bald KNob
Newport
Mayflower

Notes: Lost--Atkins and Perryville due to Geography...Gain: Newport(Reclassification) and Episcopal(History and needed a new home)

3A-1
Melbourne
Marshall
Yellville
Clinton
Mountain View
Green Forest
Greenland
Elkins

Notes: Lost West Fork(Reclassification), Cedarville(Moved to 3A-4), Gained: Clinton(Reclassification), Melbourne(History)

---The 3A-1 looked almost identical to this a couple years ago...That's why I decided with Melbourne to the 3A-1 even though they are the outlier and a bit of a trip from Greenland. Clinton is a natural fit for the Eastern Half of the conference, it's not that far to Marshall, Mountain View, Melbourne, and Yellville from Clinton..

Soooo....Remember this is all just my opinion, and I may have gotten hung up on a couple of ideas and missed some obvious stuff....so feel free to add to my speculations

Oh yeah...Forgot my map that I pinned all the schools on https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=zRVuRVw8kHd8.k5k4pt_Ml6aI

HorseFeathers

Quote from: beach bum on April 30, 2015, 06:34:42 pm

I looked at your Second option for the 3A-1 with the Green Forest, Mnt View, Yellville, Clinton, and Melbourne....Except I was looking at Rose Bud, H.A and Bald Knob as the other 3 schools....But...That would be a long haul from BK to Green Forest lol...

Longfellow

I really like your ideas HF, but when has the AAA done the smartest thing?

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Longfellow on April 30, 2015, 08:19:48 pm

You've got a point...But they've been getting a little bit better about the conferences since everyone cries about travel...On a side note, for basketball, I fully expect Flippin to petition to play up in 3A due to travel....They dropped to 2A, and most of the schools in the closest conference are around Searcy and Batesville....

Lionheart88

Good grief the travel in the 3A-6 is crazy.  Genoa Central and Fouke traveling to Lake Village and McGehee?  Yikes!

Proud Buckaroo

That's how it was this season, and last season. Lol. That's the only bad travel.

Proud Buckaroo

Put them in any other conference, and the travel gets worse.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Lionheart88 on April 30, 2015, 09:06:50 pm
Good grief the travel in the 3A-6 is crazy.  Genoa Central and Fouke traveling to Lake Village and McGehee?  Yikes!

Sooo...Don't know by actual higway miles, but by straight lines on the map....Fouke and Genoa Central actually make more sense in the 3A-5, but Gurdon and Prescott would be traveling more miles by joining the 6(but still less than Fouke and Genoa Central would/will be)

Proud Buckaroo

You're right. It would make sense. But, I doubt they will make that move.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on April 30, 2015, 09:22:53 pm
You're right. It would make sense. But, I doubt they will make that move.

Just did this for Fouke(Just basically assumed that since there is only 15 miles between them and Genoa Central that it's virtually the same thing for them)....and...in the 3A-6 they are looking at 861 one way miles over the 2 yr cycle(Since all other sports will be different now) and 15 hr and 38 minutes on the road..One way.  In the 3A-5(assuming a straight swap of Fouke and Genoa Central for Gurdon and Prescott) they are looking at 701 and 11 hr and 4 minutes...

Lionheart88

Quote from: HF on April 30, 2015, 09:16:39 pm

Sooo...Don't know by actual higway miles, but by straight lines on the map....Fouke and Genoa Central actually make more sense in the 3A-5, but Gurdon and Prescott would be traveling more miles by joining the 6(but still less than Fouke and Genoa Central would/will be)

Glen Rose and Harmony Grove ware closer to the other 3A-6 schools than Gurdon and Prescott, aren't they?

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Lionheart88 on April 30, 2015, 09:52:07 pm

Glen Rose and Harmony Grove ware closer to the other 3A-6 schools than Gurdon and Prescott, aren't they?

No...they're further north

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: Lionheart88 on April 30, 2015, 09:52:07 pm

1 hour to Prescott from Smackover.

1 hour and 45 minutes to Benton from Smackover.

Lionheart88

Ok, I guess I'm thinking about the Fordyce, Drew Central, McGehee, Lake Village side of the 6.  I'm also thinking about driving distance more than distance "as the crow flies".  There's no good way to get from Gurdon to McGehee.  Harmony Grove or Glen Rose are much easier drives, even though the road distance aren't that far off.

Google Maps gives the following:

McGehee to Glen Rose: 116 miles, 2 hrs 3 min. (avg 56.59 mph)

McGehee to Gurdon: 137 miles, 2 hrs 44 min. (avg 50.12 mph)

I throw in the average speeds because it shows that you're generally going to be on smaller back roads in the latter trip.

But in the end, there's no easy way to divide it up just due to the distribution of 3A schools.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Lionheart88 on April 30, 2015, 10:39:12 pm
Ok, I guess I'm thinking about the Fordyce, Drew Central, McGehee, Lake Village side of the 6.  I'm also thinking about driving distance more than distance "as the crow flies".  There's no good way to get from Gurdon to McGehee.  Harmony Grove or Glen Rose are much easier drives, even though the road distance aren't that far off.

Google Maps gives the following:

McGehee to Glen Rose: 116 miles, 2 hrs 3 min. (avg 56.59 mph)

McGehee to Gurdon: 137 miles, 2 hrs 44 min. (avg 50.12 mph)

I throw in the average speeds because it shows that you're generally going to be on smaller back roads in the latter trip.

But in the end, there's no easy way to divide it up just due to the distribution of 3A schools.
my second post was driving distance...just gnes to show that no matter what you do somebody is going to get shafted

-Painted Fan-

Mansfield to Perryville in the 4-3A wouldn't be a fun trip either (even though most of it is interstate).

Proud Buckaroo

Look at the difference in my conferences and HF's. Our 3a-1 and 3A-4 have big differences. I took Mansfield out of 3a-4.

Lineman

I would have to agree with HF's version. I don't see Mansfield going to the 1, or Mayflower coming to 4, but who knows.

bluegrassboy75

Quote from: HF on April 30, 2015, 08:22:55 pm

You've got a point...But they've been getting a little bit better about the conferences since everyone cries about travel...On a side note, for basketball, I fully expect Flippin to petition to play up in 3A due to travel....They dropped to 2A, and most of the schools in the closest conference are around Searcy and Batesville....

I thought the same thing then remembered the joint Districts in those sports.  With Cotter, Salem, Norfork, ICC, etc in 1A & 2A, do you think they will petition to move up and with these will the AAA grant petitions now?

Paperman

The 3A-3 could geographically have 10 teams. Newport was in the 4A-3 for one cycle recently. Walnut Ridge moving in will finally force Hoxie and the Bobcats to play one another again. You have to drive through Newport to get to Cedar Ridge the quickest from over here in Mississippi County. I think, in order to restore the league to 8 teams for all sports (Cedar Ridge and Melbourne only play football) the best fit would be to add Walnut Ridge and Newport to the conference for all sports. If not Newport, then Cedar Ridge.
This is my opinion.
I like HF's alignment pretty well, I think maybe just switching Cedar Ridge and Newport's conferences might make better sense.

XFalkonz

Yeah it is a major concern for Fouke and us for travel. We are basically driving from the Texas border to the Mississippi border every year at least once. Next year we play at mcgehee and lake village. I know what the mileage and minutes are but still 3.5 on a yellow dog there and back means we will be getting home at 2-3 AM....very dangerous....but no one seems to care in the AAA or they just don't know

HorseFeathers

quoting is impossible on my phone.....but...pf~ that ride from mansfield to perryville might suck. But mansfield to green forest would be worse imo. Of course there is always the outside chance that the aaa decides to put cedarville greenland green forest and elkins with the 4 schools furthest west in the 3a~4....that would be a terrible idea imo...but it wasn.t that long ago that atkins was in a conference with yellville and that.s not a fun drive either

beach bum

May 01, 2015, 09:24:39 am #38 Last Edit: May 01, 2015, 09:27:18 am by beach bum
I believe the only time the AAA has really changed it up was the 2008 and 2009 football seasons when Green Forest, Perryville, Lamar, Paris, Atkins, Mountain View, Marshall, and Yellville Summit were in a conference and the 1-3A consisted of Cedarville, Mountainburg, Charleston, Greenland, Elkins, Lincoln, Mansfield, and Lavaca..... the rest of the cycles its been more of the look we have seen this current cycle.

WorkOrder

adaptedtigerfan

I heard a rumor that 3A & 4A could possibly do like the 6A/7A.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: adaptedtigerfan on May 01, 2015, 01:33:25 pm
I heard a rumor that 3A & 4A could possibly do like the 6A/7A.

Not for football....yet

For everything but Football, conferences will have mixed classes. 5A/6A, 3A/4A, 1A/2A . . . . . I haven't gotten bored enough to plot out those maps and divide teams up yet.....That's going to be a little bit of head ache...

Quote from: bluegrassboy75 on May 01, 2015, 08:36:54 am
Quote from: HF on April 30, 2015, 08:22:55 pm

I thought the same thing then remembered the joint Districts in those sports.  With Cotter, Salem, Norfork, ICC, etc in 1A & 2A, do you think they will petition to move up and with these will the AAA grant petitions now?

I wasn't thinking about the mixed conferences when I posted that. With Cotter also being a 2A Sized school, and the addition of the 1A schools they might have a hard time convincing the AAA that they need to go to 3A for travel purposes...

Quote from: XFalkonz on May 01, 2015, 08:46:02 am
Yeah it is a major concern for Fouke and us for travel. We are basically driving from the Texas border to the Mississippi border every year at least once. Next year we play at mcgehee and lake village. I know what the mileage and minutes are but still 3.5 on a yellow dog there and back means we will be getting home at 2-3 AM....very dangerous....but no one seems to care in the AAA or they just don't know

Unfortunately there's really nowhere else to put Fouke that doesn't appear to give someone else the shaft. Get in contact with Fouke's administration and convince them to appeal the conferences if they keep Fouke in the 3A-6...

Quote from: Paperman on May 01, 2015, 08:42:30 am
The 3A-3 could geographically have 10 teams. Newport was in the 4A-3 for one cycle recently. Walnut Ridge moving in will finally force Hoxie and the Bobcats to play one another again. You have to drive through Newport to get to Cedar Ridge the quickest from over here in Mississippi County. I think, in order to restore the league to 8 teams for all sports (Cedar Ridge and Melbourne only play football) the best fit would be to add Walnut Ridge and Newport to the conference for all sports. If not Newport, then Cedar Ridge.
This is my opinion.
I like HF's alignment pretty well, I think maybe just switching Cedar Ridge and Newport's conferences might make better sense.

Cedar Ridge and Newport are definitely two of those that could each make an argument for fitting in either the 2 or 3 better than the other one....Cedar Ridge looked to be a little bit closer to the other schools than Newport(as the crow flies, which is the way I really did these conferences by just zooming out on the map and seeing which "pins" grouped together the best.)...But taking mileage/highways into account may change that...  My end result really had more to do with the 3A-2 looking like they grouped better with Newport than they did with Cedar Ridge...

SouthpawSensation

OK, my turn to take a shot at this:
Now, I like to think outside the box — take what the AAA has done and see if there's a better way of doing it. You would think that shouldn't be too hard as we had Atkins in the same conference with Marianna and Barton last year, and we still have McGehee and Lake Village going all the way across the state to play Fouke and Genoa Central (not to mention West Fork and Greenland making those trips through the hills.)
So here's what I came up with as a new 3A alignment for the next cycle.
3A-1 — Elkins, Green Forest, Greenland, Cedarville, Charleston, Mansfield, Paris, Lamar
3A-2 — Mountain View, Marshall, Melbourne, Clinton, Bald Knob, Yellville-Summit, Harding Academy, Cedar Ridge
3A-3 — Corning, Hoxie, Walnut Ridge, Manila, Osceola, Piggott, Rivercrest, Newport
3A-4 — Atkins, Two Rivers, Perryville, Mayflower, Jessieville, LR Episcopal, Benton Harmony Grove, Rose Bud
3A-5 — Fouke, Horatio, Genoa Central, Gurdon, Centerpoint, Bismarck, Prescott, Glen Rose
3A-6 — McGehee, Junction City, Drew Central, Lake Village, Smackover, Barton, Marianna, Fordyce

Granted, there are some things that aren't too easy about it.
Let's face it: Barton and Marianna are almost off by themselves. A Barton-to-Junction City trip seems crazy long, but it's not like Greenland or Elkins having to go through those curves and hills to a Mountain View or a Yellville-Summit or Marshall.

HorseFeathers

been waiting on you to post yours southpaw, and it.s definitely interesting

Proud Buckaroo

Definitely Interesting to say the least.

BUCK FEVER

looks like the Bucks will remain in 3-a

Proud Buckaroo

We lost some numbers, some where. Because the numbers that are in 9-11th grade on the ADE website before these numbers were put in. We would have 293.

BUCK FEVER

we are where we need to be., Warren will probably prove that point in sept, but i bet we show up to play.

Proud Buckaroo

Oh, no doubt. It's going to be a tough game. I cannot wait to see it played.

tiger2016

I would think since we are losing Lavaca, Booneville, and possibly Mansfield and Danville. We would gain possibly Mayflower, Atkins, and Clinton. I would think that Mansfield goes to the 3a-1 like they are in the other sports. And I haven't heard about Danville. I would say Perryville could come back to the 3a-4 but they're good where they are at.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas