• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

ORDER THE RINGS

Started by WPWells, April 13, 2015, 01:09:27 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bleudog

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on April 24, 2015, 07:58:26 am
A lot of champions in all sports win with luck on their side.  Not all win with shear domination. 

Charleston did win with a dominating player.  Do they have any one player coming back in 2015 capable of being called on to have 38 pass attempts and 35 rushing attempts in the same playoff game?

THA TRUTH

storey was all Charles had let's be honest and they won't be near the same next year

adaptedtigerfan

They won't be the same.  Thanks for the heads up Captn Obvious..   Btw the defense that gave up about an avg of 150 yds a game didn't have anything to do with the last 2 seasons.

-Painted Fan-

4 months later, and still crying?
Yes, I've seen the pics you're posting.
I remember those participation medals and trophies. My daughters got some when they were in T-ball.
If you ever want to see what a real trophy looks like, come on up to Franklin County. I'll be more than happy to show you Charleston's 5- in the past 10 years.
BTW, a cut throat slash is not a BS call. It gets a flag in ALL levels of the game, as well as a penalty in NBA and MLB.
You're lucky this isn't the NFL. His wallet would be about $10,000 lighter.

nastynice

How many plays was Storey in on the defense side of the ball?

-Painted Fan-

Not that many. My guess is single digits.

Longfellow

Quote from: -Painted Fan- on April 24, 2015, 10:53:06 am
4 months later, and still crying?
Yes, I've seen the pics you're posting.
I remember those participation medals and trophies. My daughters got some when they were in T-ball.
If you ever want to see what a real trophy looks like, come on up to Franklin County. I'll be more than happy to show you Charleston's 5- in the past 10 years.
BTW, a cut throat slash is not a BS call. It gets a flag in ALL levels of the game, as well as a penalty in NBA and MLB.
You're lucky this isn't the NFL. His wallet would be about $10,000 lighter.
Painted Fan, you should know after 5 titles that people never stop crying. No ones team ever loses, it's always the refs fault, or somebody got lucky. Everybody's team is the best team, they just get shafted every year

Proud Buckaroo

If it means anything... I'm not really crying. I said there were questionable calls, and missed calls on BOTH sides of the ball.

nastynice

Quote from: -Painted Fan- on April 24, 2015, 11:02:24 am
Quote from: nastynice on April 24, 2015, 10:54:03 am
Exactly.

OLDSCHOOL82

Skydiving without a parachute is a once in a lifetime opportunity.

THA TRUTH

Quote from: nastynice on April 24, 2015, 11:11:15 am
Exactly.

It was a lot more than single digits

THA TRUTH

Quote from: adaptedtigerfan on April 24, 2015, 10:52:22 am
They won't be the same.  Thanks for the heads up Captn Obvious..   Btw the defense that gave up about an avg of 150 yds a game didn't have anything to do with the last 2 seasons.

Yea apparently they hadn't played much competition for that to be a true stat

bleudog

Don't know about defense (he was credited with a solo tackle and a pass beakup), but single digits (6) was the number of offensive plays Storey didn't either pass or run the ball himself in that WMS game (73 of 79).  :o

THA TRUTH

Quote from: bleudog on April 24, 2015, 03:14:53 pm

Don't know about defense (he was credited with a solo tackle and a pass beakup), but single digits (6) was the number of offensive plays Storey didn't either pass or run the ball himself in that WMS game (73 of 79).  :o

On that pass break up me and the guys I was with were amazed at how fast the person closed on that ball then we saw it was Storey and that just made us more impressed with him

-Painted Fan-

Why are you still beating this dead horse? I know it's the off-season, but gee whiz! Move on already! You act like #4 was the ONLY player on the field for the Tigers. Yes, he's an excellent player, but stop acting like he's Superman or the 2nd coming of Christ. Charleston won 3 State Titles (in 6 years) before Ty started a game- and they will carry on without him.
You guys beat everything. You come on here and whine and cry all last season about not getting respect. After the Championship Game in December, everyone in Charleston gave the Bucks the respect they deserved.  They earned it! But you guys come on here- 4 months later- and make ridiculous statements. I would be embarrassed if I was those kids.
Any other dead horses you guys want to take astab at while we're on here?
How about the Dez Bryant catch/no catch?
Maybe the pass interference in the Dallas/Detroit game?
Or the Patriots deflated balls? I'm sure you could beat that horse all weekend.
Let it go already. Just breathe.

Proud Buckaroo

Painted,

One. I'm not being disrepectful or whining.
Two. Bleu and THA truth are from junction city.

Please, do not include everyone in your whole post. I go through this every single year.

adaptedtigerfan

JC didn't want any last 2 years either.

bleudog

Quote from: adaptedtigerfan on April 24, 2015, 07:44:47 pm

Dang PB, you hooked one quicker than I thought you would.

nastynice

Quote from: bleudog on April 24, 2015, 08:07:27 pm

Dang PB, you hooked one quicker than I thought you would.
Adapted is like that 2lb bass with a 3lb head that hangs out around the boat ramp and will bite anything thrown or flipped his way.

BUCK FEVER

SHOW ME WHERE I HAVE BEEN DOING ANY CRYING OVER THE GAAME.......NEVER ONCE BEFORE TODAY DID I EVER SAY ANYTHING ABOUT THE CALLS..............ADAPTED DECIDED TO MAKE EXCUSES FOR DEWAYNE (ALREADY HOBBLED ) SCORING THE FIRST TOUCHDOWN........UNTOUCHED, SOMETHING ABOUT SOMEONE TOUCHED KING...............KING... COULDN'T RUN DOWN DEWAYNE JONES IF HE HAD 2 BAD KNEES...............AS FOR AS THE JORDAN JONES CALL ? ........................IN MID SEASON , YEAH OK...........WITH A STATE CHAMPIONSHIP GAME ON THE LINE, A KID GETS OVER EXCITED IN THE BIGGEST GAME OF HIS LIFE, .........i DON"T AGREE WITH IT, ........A WARNING SURE............IT'S NOT LIKE A CHEAP SHOT, A KID IS EXCITED AND CELEBRATED, ......HE DID NOT FOUL THE PLAYER,... A GAME THAT BIG, SORRY I DON'T AGREE.......................i'M NOT CRYING ABOUT, IT IS WHAT IT IS.........................SMACKOVER PROVED THEY BELONGED THERE.............IT WAS ANYONES GAME DOWN TO THE LAST MILLI SECOND.

Longfellow

Hmm did it just get loud?

BUCK FEVER

just wanted to make sure you heard me.......now i'm done with it......................have a good night...............................peace and love, BUCK FEVER over and out.

adaptedtigerfan

Longfellow,  I think it did get a little loud.  8)   I just made a statement that can be verified by film.  Didn't know it would tael under the skin so easily.

THA TRUTH

THA TRUTH

Quote from: BUCK FEVER on April 24, 2015, 10:36:29 pm
just wanted to make sure you heard me.......now i'm done with it......................have a good night...............................peace and love, BUCK FEVER over and out.

Ur opinion would be different if it was a chuck player that did that sign but I know u wont be honest and admit it

Proud Buckaroo

This is why I spend extended times away from this website...

BUCK FEVER

Quote from: THA TRUTH on April 24, 2015, 11:30:36 pm
Quote from: BUCK FEVER on April 24, 2015, 10:36:29 pm

Ur opinion would be different if it was a chuck player that did that sign but I know u wont be honest and admit it

signs usually don't bother me much....only cheap shots....................I will go back when i get a chance and watch the CD again....maybe i will change my opinion, i just do not recall it being that severe ......but I'm opened minded about it............I will look again..................jmo , not worth much and certainly will not change the outcome, LOL................................take care Truth, see ya sept.

adaptedtigerfan

I honestly don't think he would have got the flag if Dylan would have just got up after the train just hit him.   He was flopping like a crappie. 

Proud Buckaroo

He was trying to find where he was.. Lol.

-Painted Fan-

THE BUCKS WERE CHEATED, I TELL YA!....
CHARLESTON HAD NOTHING!....
NO OFFENSIVE LINE!...
NO RECEIVERS!...
NO BACKS!.....
NO DEFENSE!....
NO SPECIAL TEAMS!...
ALL THEY HAD WAS JESUS (#4) AND HIS DISCIPLES (THE STRIPES)!....
ALL THEY HAD WAS SUPERMAN AND THE JUSTICE LEAGUE!...
BS CALLS!...
BUCKS WERE CHEATED!....
AAAAAHHHHHHHHH!
(I think I'm having a stroke.....
can't feel the side of my face......)

Proud Buckaroo

This has gotten a little out of hand... I think I'll just take a break again until Spring ball starts... ::)

Proud Buckaroo

This game is long over with... It was an epic game. Between two very good teams. Guys, face it though. If Ty hadn't ran the ball as many times as he did. What would have been the difference in the score? We don't know that. It's over. Congratulations for Charleston winning. Smackover earned their respect. Lets just all move onto 2015-2016 season. There was missed calls on BOTH sides of the ball, there were questionable calls on BOTH sides of the ball. He did a throat slash. It was called correctly.  Lets ALL move on.

adaptedtigerfan

We're on to Cincinnati.

JC Guy

We will never know how that would have worked out however do not fool your self that JC could not have played with them. Not going to get into some stupid argument about it but I think that was a pretty stupid statement.

THA TRUTH

After watching charleston vs smack jc would've had their way with them but oh well the game will never be played

WPWells

Proud Buckaroo

How many times is this subject going to get brought up? Lol. It's 2015 now... ::)

OLDSCHOOL82

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on June 01, 2015, 11:49:30 am
How many times is this subject going to get brought up? Lol. It's 2015 now... ::)

As many times as needed!

JC Guy

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on June 01, 2015, 12:25:05 pm
Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on June 01, 2015, 11:49:30 am

As many times as needed!
I don't get on the 3A boards much so I hadn't seen the post. Just had to call BS when I see it. I won't get on here and say we would have had our way with them but for someone to post something like that needs to be called. They survive in a game with the Bucks who we also beat and some how JC wanted none. Dude needs to check the fact that JC the past two years has been as strong as any in the 3A. When it's said and done we will have around 10 kids playing at the next level that were on the team the last two years. PB you seen it in person how nasty JC's D was and our O was also balanced with play makers across the board. Like I said don't fool yourself!

THA TRUTH

Charleston wouldn't  match up very well with  jc

-Painted Fan-

June 01, 2015, 07:24:44 pm #90 Last Edit: June 01, 2015, 07:50:22 pm by -Painted Fan-
Yeah Charleston sucks.
And those 29 teams they beat in a row suck as well.
All hail the mighty JC Dragons!
I bet they could have beaten anybody in the state the past 2 years.
Where's Bentonville?
I bet the Dragons would beat those Tigers too!

JC Guy

CAN YOU READ? Glad to see a the haters will be on this bored also.

-Painted Fan-

I'm only responding to those that think Charleston's accomplishments meant nothing these past 2 years.
I have nothing against JC. We've had some great games back 10-15 years ago.
But everyone insists on arguing a moot point. Charleston and JC haven't played since 2005. Who cares what your opinion is on "we would have won". That's your opinion, but FAR from fact.

JC Guy

Quote from: -Painted Fan- on June 01, 2015, 07:54:16 pm
I'm only responding to those that think Charleston's accomplishments meant nothing these past 2 years.
I have nothing against JC. We've had some great games back 10-15 years ago.
But everyone insists on arguing a moot point. Charleston and JC haven't played since 2005. Who cares what your opinion is on "we would have won". That's your opinion, but FAR from fact.
I never said we would have won. I responded to a guy that made a comment that JC wanted none. Just as it chaps you for someone to down play your teams accomplishments I feel the same way. What I pointed out was the one common team we played we both beat and what gave you guys trouble with Smackover we had much of the same on O with a nasty D.

-Painted Fan-

Do you want to know why you can't compare opponents or games?
Take a look at last years Kansas City Chiefs.
They beat Super Bowl runner-up Seattle, stomped a mudhole in Super Bowl champs New England- but lost to 2-14 Tennessee and 3-13 Oakland.
So what does that mean?
Only that you have to bring your A-game to every opponent. Otherwise you have people that 6 months later think "oh, because you only beat xxx by this much, and we won by that much, then we would beat you".

HorseFeathers

Quote from: -Painted Fan- on June 01, 2015, 08:47:31 pm
Do you want to know why you can't compare opponents or games?
Take a look at last years Kansas City Chiefs.
They beat Super Bowl runner-up Seattle, stomped a mudhole in Super Bowl champs New England- but lost to 2-14 Tennessee and 3-13 Oakland.
So what does that mean?
Only that you have to bring your A-game to every opponent. Otherwise you have people that 6 months later think "oh, because you only beat xxx by this much, and we won by that much, then we would beat you".

Who said anything about scores? He was actually making an on field comparison...

benchwarmer99

Jc would have ran through 3a just like they ran through 2a... They beat smackover by 3 touchdowns.. They would have shut Storey down. Way to many athletes. Not to mention charleston didn't have a defense to stop JC. Last yead JC could have competed in every classification.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: benchwarmer99 on June 01, 2015, 09:25:40 pm
Jc would have ran through 3a just like they ran through 2a... They beat smackover by 3 touchdowns.. They would have shut Storey down. Way to many athletes. Not to mention charleston didn't have a defense to stop JC. Last yead JC could have competed in every classification.

I'm sure Fayetteville and Bentonville were just shaking in their cleats at the mere mention of the Mighty Louis....Err Junction City Dragons..

benchwarmer99

You don't understand the talent JC had last year. I'm not saying they could have won it in every classification, I'm saying they could have competed.

HorseFeathers

Ehh...I'd still say Maybe.

To say that based off what they did to lackluster 2A, and from some (biased?) accounts a very poorly prepared Smackover in reference to conditioning is a stretch though. The top schools in 4A are light years better than the best that 2A has to offer outside of junction city. I'd say that 4A Dover would have looked like the Dragons if they played the same competition...Because of that the claims that we can do this, we can do that will never get much respect on the 'nets outside of Union County...

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas