• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rivercrest at McGehee

Started by owl84, November 07, 2014, 11:18:16 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

rivercrestQB??

DatBoot

Quote from: Oldman on November 12, 2014, 09:10:34 am
Quote from: State champs 2010 on November 12, 2014, 09:08:22 am
Quote from: Hootie on November 12, 2014, 08:43:32 am
All teams are 0-0 and playing for a shot at the title. All seasons can be rewritten from here.
+1
all teams are not playing for the title. most 3-5 seeds are just hoping to win a game.
Last year Earle was a 4/5 seed from our Conf that ended up beating the our Conf Champs in what the Quarter finals last year?

Coltman 79

The Colts will have to be replicate their defensive efforts against Osceola and Gosnell to even have a chance. Offense is very predictable with Langston in the backfield and even he cant beat 11 players. 3 passes against McGehee will not get it done. 4 turnovers would help, but that is certainly not something that anyone can depend on happening every week.

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: DatBoot on November 12, 2014, 01:08:47 pm
All teams are 0-0 and playing for a shot at the title. All seasons can be rewritten from here.
+1
all teams are not playing for the title. most 3-5 seeds are just hoping to win a game.
Last year Earle was a 4/5 seed from our Conf that ended up beating the our Conf Champs in what the Quarter finals last year?

Earle was a 4th seed because of the whole ineligible player deal. Not because of their losses. They had to forfeit two games that they won.

Hootie

It's gonna be pretty cold so I doubt McGehee passes the ball much.

adaptedtigerfan

Haha they wouldn't throw it if it was 103 degrees.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: adaptedtigerfan on November 12, 2014, 02:25:03 pm
new qb this year.  Threw 3 td passes last week.

Hootie

Quote from: adaptedtigerfan on November 12, 2014, 02:25:03 pm

He's pretty prolific. PLOT TWIST, I heard Storey looks up to him.. ;D

hootingowl

I'm still thinking about the comment made about owls non conference schedule not being strong? Thats funny to me. They lost to Hamburg , which has lost three times this year, ( Camden Fairview,Warren,Dollarway), Crossett, which beat Star City who beat Dollarway. What's not strong bout that? I would be willing to bet its gonna be a long trip back Friday night. Owls are for real baby! And let me confirm another thing. Owls are young as well. 10 seniors on team, only a few of them even get to play. Get ready for some smash mouth ,hard core wing -t football Friday night. Owls 55 colts 7

Wbothat

redandgray

Quote from: hootingowl on November 12, 2014, 02:44:06 pm
I'm still thinking about the comment made about owls non conference schedule not being strong? Thats funny to me. They lost to Hamburg , which has lost three times this year, ( Camden Fairview,Warren,Dollarway), Crossett, which beat Star City who beat Dollarway. What's not strong bout that? I would be willing to bet its gonna be a long trip back Friday night. Owls are for real baby! And let me confirm another thing. Owls are young as well. 10 seniors on team, only a few of them even get to play. Get ready for some smash mouth ,hard core wing -t football Friday night. Owls 55 colts 7

Wbothat

No doubt about it, McGehee played a tough non-conference and the Owls may very well beat us, but I seriously doubt a 55-7 score.  Go Colts!

Hootie

Should be a good ball game to watch!

Iron Owl

I watched the Melbourne- Rivercrest game.  33, 40 and 7 are good athletes.  I don't understand why they change QB's so much though....

fbisgreat

I read on here from Rivercrest fans this year you were not very good.You beat Osceloa and now you think your very good.Mcgehee by 20.

redandgray

Nobody thinks we're great, but there's some talent there. When we play a complete game, we can be dangerous. When we're inconsistent, like we have been most of the year, we can lose to a lot of teams.

Coltfan2005

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on November 09, 2014, 10:24:29 pm
I'm not the one putting my foot in my mouth. You are the one who said 3a-6 had one good team and one decent team....

Let me explain it to you. I'll type slow. I said 3-3A had 4 decent teams to which you replied "what 4 good teams". I never said good I said decent. You are the one who asked about the 4 "good teams" in 3-3A. Stay on track. I will say it again.....our conf has 4 decent teams, your conf has 1 good team and 1 decent team. It's simple...you screwed up with your question about me naming the 4 "good" teams in 3-3A.

DatBoot

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on November 12, 2014, 01:49:59 pm
+1

Earle was a 4th seed because of the whole ineligible player deal. Not because of their losses. They had to forfeit two games that they won.
Win is a win/Lose is a lose....is it not?

DatBoot

Quote from: DatBoot on November 13, 2014, 07:44:55 am
+1

Win is a win/Loss is a loss....is it not?

Paperman

Best wishes to the Colts. Hope they all do well thins week and keep their heads in the game.

redandgray

Paperman, I just wanna stay warm!  LOL.
Praying for all those who'll be traveling to the game. 

Hootie

It's gonna be a good game regardless of what anyone else thinks.

hootingowl

If the owls are what u are calling ( decent) u are fixing to learn alot about football Friday night. Heck coach may even run some of those trick plays we used to beat drew central against y'all Friday ....lol

redandgray

We may lose...this year's team is not great, but I can guarantee you can't teach Rivercrest anything about football. 

Jimbo Morphis

i'm showing my age here. didn't richard brotheres play for rivercrest?

redandgray

Yep, Richard Brothers played for Rivercrest

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: redandgray on November 13, 2014, 02:30:50 pm
Yep, Richard Brothers played for Rivercrest
that guy was a freak. don't think i saw him in high school.

redandgray

Best all-around athlete ever at Rivercrest!  Unreal.  Great guy also!

hootingowl

Yep didn't he win Decathalon several times in 80's?

hootingowl

fbisgreat

I remember back in 81-82 somewhere in that range he was in the paper for like player of the year holding  his 9 month old son.That boy played for Springdale in like 2000.Were is Brothers now and does he have any more kids.

Iron Owl

Quote from: DatBoot on November 13, 2014, 07:44:55 am
+1

Win is a win/Lose is a lose....is it not?
That it is my friend.  When the dust settles, that is all that matters...Win or Lose.  Its not how you play the game....

Iron Owl

Hootie, I like the new Owl.  It looks meaner than mine....crap

Coltfan2005

Quote from: hootingowl on November 13, 2014, 01:58:07 pm
If the owls are what u are calling ( decent) u are fixing to learn alot about football Friday night. Heck coach may even run some of those trick plays we used to beat drew central against y'all Friday ....lol

Why would a coach feel the need to run trick plays against Drew Central...possibly the worst team in 3A?

Coltfan2005

Quote from: owl84 on November 07, 2014, 11:18:16 pm
What do u think? What kind of offense do the Colts run?

Any radio stations carry the owls?

owl84

hootingowl

ea cat

The news reporter for the Monticello paper who was 19 and never played football thought counters were trick plays! Even accused our band of tricking their team. Go figure.

Hootie

Quote from: Iron Owl on November 13, 2014, 04:44:16 pm
Hootie, I like the new Owl.  It looks meaner than mine....crap

Thanks! Google Great Horned Owl. They are gorgeous birds but they look mean as crap too.

Coltfan2005

Quote from: ea owl on November 13, 2014, 10:51:31 pm
The news reporter for the Monticello paper who was 19 and never played football thought counters were trick plays! Even accused our band of tricking their team. Go figure.

The old "players dressed in band uniforms sitting in the stands" play. That's a classic.

Hootie

First time anyone has taken a shot at our band

DatBoot

Game Day!

LET'S GO RED!! #COLTPRIDE

OB11

Looking forward to the game.  Hope everyone has safe travels and stays warm. 

Lions84

redandgray

redandgray

DatBoot

Quote from: OliverBoy11 on November 14, 2014, 10:02:59 am

Are you coming?

OB11

Is the football field at the high school?  Never been to McGehee.  And I always find it necessary to ask because Rivercrest's field is like 6 miles from the school.  So I like to make sure.  ;D

Rivercrest played Greenland I believe probably 10-12 years ago at home.  I was standing in front of the gym in Wilson and a fan from Greenland drove up, rolled down his window and asked with a very confused look, "Is this the only football field around here?" like he was hoping it wasn't. 

Only other place I can think of that the school is not in sight of the field is Fordyce.  I'm sure there are others, but I think that is the only other place I've been to like that.

OB11

Quote from: DatBoot on November 14, 2014, 10:19:17 am
Quote from: OliverBoy11 on November 14, 2014, 10:02:59 am

Are you coming?

Yeah, planning on it.  Will be leaving in what I hope is plenty of time.  Google maps is telling me it'll take about 3 hours 20 minutes from where I am.

Hootie

Iron Owl

Coltfan, I watched the Oseola game last night, and I was impressed with how the Colts went to their house, and found a way to win against what looked to be a better team.  It will not be a one sided score...it will be a close game IMO.  The Colts are better than what the record reflects.  Safe travel to everyone tonight coming to McGehee.  Looking forward to a good High School Football game!!!

redandgray

Thanks Iron Owl!  Definitely praying for traveling mercies for everyone!  The Colts can play very well, but inconsistency has been the theme this year.  Hope it's a great game...and that I can feel my toes afterwards! LOL

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas