• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Who are the top Qb's in 3A???

Started by FootballFan2002, October 01, 2012, 10:32:17 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

FootballFan2002

KOJACK

11 from prescott, 12 from fordyce and 3 from smck over. I just fear that 3 wont finish the season,of course that isnt counting glen rose qb who is by far the best

FBfan79

Quote from: KOJACK on October 01, 2012, 10:34:04 pm
11 from prescott, 12 from fordyce and 3 from smck over. I just fear that 3 wont finish the season,of course that isnt counting glen rose qb who is by far the best

Have you seen Chucktowns QB? 

big lefty

hunter from glen rose is a great high school qb ,but from all the talk charlestons is the deal

buckfan

I was very impressed with prescotts #11

CHSTiger2006

Ty storey from charleston, legit D1 prospect, 6'3 215 only sophomore, 5 games over 2100 yards, 22 TD, 2 int

All Bench All the time

Best I have seen in 1-3A was from Greenland #1

adaptedtigerfan

From what I have learned if a question is asked on here....... The best is Prescott... Smackover.... Fordyce.......hands down Charleston has the best quarterback in 3a if not the whole state..  It's not just yards its reading defense and moving receivers where they ate needed....,, total field control when on the field.

KOJACK

Quote from: CHSTiger2006 on October 02, 2012, 08:27:16 am
Ty storey from charleston, legit D1 prospect, 6'3 215 only sophomore, 5 games over 2100 yards, 22 TD, 2 int
wow that is impressive. I've heard alot about the young man, but haven't had a chance to see him play. The future evidently looks bright in charleston.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: adaptedtigerfan on October 02, 2012, 08:46:07 am
From what I have learned if a question is asked on here....... The best is Prescott... Smackover.... Fordyce.......hands down Charleston has the best quarterback in 3a if not the whole state..  It's not just yards its reading defense and moving receivers where they ate needed....,, total field control when on the field.
without seeing any of the kids mentioned so far this kid would get my vote.

ViewFromAbove

Charleston's Ty Storey - Actual Statistics:

Sophmore (Current Season - Thru 5 Games)
135 Of 198 Passing For 1,846 Yards - 22 TD's & 3 INT's
68.2% Completion Rate
369.2 Yards Per Game
13.7 Yards Per Completion
4.4 TD Passes Per Game

Freshman (2011 Jr. High Season - 7 Games)
95 Of 126 Passing For 1,816 Yards - 24 TD's & 2 INT's
75.4% Completion Rate
259.4 Yards Per Game
19.1 Yards Per Completion
3.4 TD Passes Per Game

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: ViewFromAbove on October 02, 2012, 09:35:35 am
Charleston's Ty Storey - Actual Statistics:

Sophmore (Current Season - Thru 5 Games)
135 Of 198 Passing For 1,846 Yards - 22 TD's & 3 INT's
68.2% Completion Rate
369.2 Yards Per Game
13.7 Yards Per Completion
4.4 TD Passes Per Game

Freshman (2011 Jr. High Season - 7 Games)
95 Of 126 Passing For 1,816 Yards - 24 TD's & 2 INT's
75.4% Completion Rate
259.4 Yards Per Game
19.1 Yards Per Completion
3.4 TD Passes Per Game
very impressive

Sgt. Slaughter

Best in 3a but he's not the best in the state.  Not Yet.   

The Beast Of 08

The Fletcher kid from Grove has looked real impressive lately.

Gotcha

Quote from: Sgt. Slaughter on October 02, 2012, 11:33:29 am

good thing the title said "in 3a" then. Smh man. Do you really think a 3a level sophmore would compare to a 7a level austin allen as a senior this year? Lol

Gotcha

No offense chucktownians....he does sound immpresive though. Especially as a 10th grader.

The Dynasty

Quote from: Gotcha on October 02, 2012, 02:14:14 pm

good thing the title said "in 3a" then. Smh man. Do you really think a 3a level sophmore would compare to a 7a level austin allen as a senior this year? Lol

I do!!!!

Gotcha

Quote from: The Dynasty on October 02, 2012, 04:05:27 pm

I do!!!!
Next, you are going to tell me RG III is better than tom brady lol

MONSTER

I gotta say the kid from Charleston right now going by numbers. I have seen GR QB he is good but I would take Rucker from Prescott who is dual threat and big time game changer! He has gotten better each week after a slow start adjusting back to the position for first time since 9th grade. I haven't seen 4dice QB yet but I will see him Friday night. As for Smackover QB he was pretty good but the best QB in that town is #10 the Freshman on Thursday nights he will be a STUD!!

Marcell Ledbetter

Hunter from Glen Rose is the best I have seen so far.  He didn't leave the field in the game I watched.  Tough kid. Pretty sure he is the best QB in the 5-3A.

athletic supporter

I've got to say Ty Ennis from Atkins. Aren't we supposed to just put our hometown guy on here? Actually, Ty is pretty dang good, but my vote would go to the Ty to our west. Should be a great QB battle Friday night in A-Town. I think in another thread I said they were the 2 best QBs in the 4-3A and got slammed for it. Anybody doubting me now?

OldSandy

I will leave it to others to determine who is the best, but I will say that it was crazy to see a high school game with around 1,200 yards of offense. This past Friday's game between Bald Knob and Mayflower ended up with senior Cordell Crisp (BK) with 402 yards passing and sophomore Adam Dycus (May) with 605 yards passing and 109 yards rushing.

Cowkilr13

Gotcha

Quote from: Cowkilr13 on October 02, 2012, 11:42:38 pm
#7 Laquarius Hall from Barton
if he can pronounce that, he MUST be talented

upandin

Quote from: MONSTER on October 02, 2012, 05:03:59 pm
I gotta say the kid from Charleston right now going by numbers. I have seen GR QB he is good but I would take Rucker from Prescott who is dual threat and big time game changer! He has gotten better each week after a slow start adjusting back to the position for first time since 9th grade. I haven't seen 4dice QB yet but I will see him Friday night. As for Smackover QB he was pretty good but the best QB in that town is #10 the Freshman on Thursday nights he will be a STUD!!
Well he probably won't be QB next year.  More than likely a RB or reciever.

gerbils

The Dynasty

Quote from: Gotcha on October 02, 2012, 04:42:19 pm
Quote from: The Dynasty on October 02, 2012, 04:05:27 pm

I do!!!!
Next, you are going to tell me RG III is better than tom brady lol

Wouldn't say that at all. I will say I would put Story's skill set up against anyone from any classification.

Lacerta agilis

Quote from: athletic supporter on October 02, 2012, 07:41:49 pm
I've got to say Ty Ennis from Atkins. Aren't we supposed to just put our hometown guy on here? Actually, Ty is pretty dang good, but my vote would go to the Ty to our west. Should be a great QB battle Friday night in A-Town. I think in another thread I said they were the 2 best QBs in the 4-3A and got slammed for it. Anybody doubting me now?
You were slammed when you posted that, but most of that slamming was coming from folks who were pimping another QB all pre-season on FF (who isn't as good as Ennis). Ennis came into this year very underrated IMO. He runs his team's offense very well.

YC

Charleston's Story living up to Hype

Storey has a strong arm on a 6-foot-3 inch, 220-pound frame.

"He is built like a fullback or a linebacker," Loughridge said. "He has to stand in there and take some hits because everybody we play is going to come after him will all they've got."

http://swtimes.com/sections/sports/player-week-charleston%E2%80%99s-storey-living-hype.html

Sgt. Slaughter

October 03, 2012, 10:24:18 am #29 Last Edit: October 03, 2012, 10:26:28 am by Sgt. Slaughter

Yet the poster before said the STATE!!! 

Jimbo Morphis

Gotcha

Quote from: Sgt. Slaughter on October 03, 2012, 10:24:18 am

Yet the poster before said the STATE!!! 
which is why i commented on the guy who is the best QB in the STATE. ........so, whats your point?

3cats

I am amazed by some of the stats these QBs are putting up this year..

OldSandy

Quote from: 3cats on October 03, 2012, 01:41:33 pm
I think the effects of the summer 7-on-7 competitions, along with the rampant use of the spread offense, are starting to be felt.

Heck, even video games like Madden, etc. may be helping these guys read defenses - similar to flight simulators used for flying.

Gotcha

Quote from: OldSandy on October 03, 2012, 03:29:49 pm
I think the effects of the summer 7-on-7 competitions, along with the rampant use of the spread offense, are starting to be felt.

Heck, even video games like Madden, etc. may be helping these guys read defenses - similar to flight simulators used for flying.
i just made it to my 10th year as head coach for the steelers on madden.......think i should apply for the job?

OldSandy

Quote from: Gotcha on October 03, 2012, 04:16:58 pm
Quote from: OldSandy on October 03, 2012, 03:29:49 pm

i just made it to my 10th year as head coach for the steelers on madden.......think i should apply for the job?
I am afraid that seat is currently taken. There may be some universities around here that could probably use your help.

athletic supporter

3Cats- Sorry, I forgot about your QB. He's a very good one also. Wil Francis!

ViewFromAbove

Harding Academy's QB Will Francis is very good but an even better kid!! I got to meet him on the field in Charleston last year in the playoffs. He is a CLASS ACT!!  He represents his school & team in an excellent manner!! His parents should be proud!!

On a side note: I watched Ty Storey compete head to head with Austin Allen last summer in Bentonville at the Mortenson football camp. He was more accurate & an overall better passer than Allen, In My Opinion. Storey is only a sophmore which means he will only get better!! Don't get me wrong, Austin Allen is an excellent QB but I think Storey is one of those special athletes that just doesn't come along very often.

ShowStopper

Cordell Crisp from Bald Knob and Francis from Harding. I wouldn't really compare any Qb in 3a with Crisp

ShowStopper

9397 passing yards with Crisp. Pretty impressive

spoony luv

what is crisps  td to int ratio?

Francis and Storey are head and shoulders above the rest.  I would give the nod to francis right now do to experience.  When Storey is a senior he will have every school in the country camping outside tiger stadium trying to get him

Gotcha

Quote from: ViewFromAbove on October 04, 2012, 11:20:09 am
Harding Academy's QB Will Francis is very good but an even better kid!! I got to meet him on the field in Charleston last year in the playoffs. He is a CLASS ACT!!  He represents his school & team in an excellent manner!! His parents should be proud!!

On a side note: I watched Ty Storey compete head to head with Austin Allen last summer in Bentonville at the Mortenson football camp. He was more accurate & an overall better passer than Allen, In My Opinion. Storey is only a sophmore which means he will only get better!! Don't get me wrong, Austin Allen is an excellent QB but I think Storey is one of those special athletes that just doesn't come along very often.
fayetteville seems to think allen is.....wish we could get that competition back together. I'd love to make some $ off of u lol

3cats

Quote from: athletic supporter on October 04, 2012, 07:05:20 am
3Cats- Sorry, I forgot about your QB. He's a very good one also. Wil Francis!
Thanks....  We feel the "love" now...   ;D

3cats

Quote from: Gotcha on October 04, 2012, 01:08:38 pm
Quote from: ViewFromAbove on October 04, 2012, 11:20:09 am

fayetteville seems to think allen is.....wish we could get that competition back together. I'd love to make some $ off of u lol
I have coached Will, with his Dad, since he was 5 years old.  He is a very good athlete, but he is even a better kid.   He has great parents, and brothers..

chucktownboys

Everyone keeps saying Austin Allen is the best how tall is he? His height should be a big concern for college. There was also a kicker from NWA that was supposed to be all that and a Charleston kicker from that era can out kick him any day of the week. What ever happened to chokealotta Tejada?

Gotcha

Quote from: chucktownboys on October 04, 2012, 04:53:22 pm
Everyone keeps saying Austin Allen is the best how tall is he? His height should be a big concern for college. There was also a kicker from NWA that was supposed to be all that and a Charleston kicker from that era can out kick him any day of the week. What ever happened to chokealotta Tejada?
Line for fayetteville high is probably bigger and more talented.......doug floutie was 5'8".              Reasons why his hieght shouldnt be too concerning from both an optimistic and pesimistic point of view. But, in reverse order, because it has been that kinna year as a hog ;D lol.             

Gotcha

P.s. our record this season almost makes me miss the tejada days. Atleast it was certain who to blame. This season is a CultseRFcuK

chucktownboys

I understand a few shorter qb's have had success but with the year the Hog's are having we need the best sized athletes for every position not one we have to put in certain packages for because of any limitations. He is a great high school qb and a good kid.

Gotcha

True.......But if you dont mind, ask chucktown to start producing ol/dl with size. Until we find that a qb will have no effect. A-la tyler wilsons stats vs baylor.

chucktownboys

Good luck to Fayetteville hope they have another great season. Only difference is our ol/Dl aren't trying to play for Hogs.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas