• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Officials from Duke/FSU suspended

Started by SMC, February 06, 2006, 09:14:37 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Lions84

SMC

Thank God these guys are coming nowhere near the Dean Dome tomorrow night. The negative press about officiating in Duke games could not have come at a better time. UNC/Duke is the ACC's showcase game, national TV, lots of hype...the ACC will be under a lot of pressure not to screw this one up. They may actually get one right for once.

rsvl_hogfan4

I did not pay any attention to this game because I wasn't home much, and then I watched hog game. What was the technical foul about? I didn't hear about it, I just heard the officials were bad. I didn't hear a specific thing they did. Just curious what went on.

AB™

There isn't a need to ask what went on.  Just watch any Duke game and you'll know.  Coack K has officials scared out of their pants for some reason and any team that plays Duke knows they are going to have to beat the officials as well as the players on most nights.

rsvl_hogfan4

Quote from: Almabball on February 06, 2006, 05:49:50 pm
There isn't a need to ask what went on. Just watch any Duke game and you'll know. Coack K has officials scared out of their pants for some reason and any team that plays Duke knows they are going to have to beat the officials as well as the players on most nights.
Yea, I know that haha. They get away with a lot. I just read the article in the link and they said the technical foul was wrong and it gave the player their 5th foul too. I was wondering what the technical foul was for.

AB™

Yeah, I didn't see the game either but doesn't surprise me they blew a call in Puke's favor.

After Shelden Williams literally tackled the player from BC earlier in the week and the refs didn't call anything I was ready for a lynching of Coach K, Dickie V, and the entire officiating crew.

rsvl_hogfan4

Well, in Dickie's defense, he didn't agree with very many of the refs calls in that game. I know he is in love with Duke, but that game he was freaking out about those calls. That game made me pretty mad. Made me remember why I don't watch Duke games.

RHS

SMC told me that Sheldon went up for a dunk or a layup and was fouled by the FSU guy. Said it was a hard foul and the guy got hit with an intentional (SMC didn't agree). Said Sheldon got up and started jawing at the guy and that they bumped chests and junk. FSU guy just held his hands in the air not doing anything and the refs called a double technical.

SMC

Basically as RHS described it. Saw the replays and Shelden gets the pass in position for a dunk. Alexander Johnson fouls him hard. Could have gone either way as far as calling an intentional or not. They did, which is OK by me cause it was a very hard foul. I wouldn't have called it intentional, but then again I am not unbiased when I watch Duke.

Anyway Shelden gets up and gets in Johnson's face. Johnson puts hands in the air and backs off like anyone would when a 260 pound beast bows up to fight you. Ref calls a double T (after conversing with K of course). Gotta make sure he's OK with every call...It was doubly bad because there were 9 minutes left in a 1 or 2 point game at the time and the T became the 5th foul on him and he's gone. Johnson scored 13 points in 14 minutes against Williams before fouling out.

AB™

Could you imagine a world of college basketball withough Coach K?

I can't think of a coach in recent memory that has had that much influence on the refs.

snooplaw

Why doesn't the NCAA quit dilly dallying around and go ahead and name Duke... Team NCAA,  I'll go out on a lomb here and predict the Dookies will be the #1 seed in the East Regional and all their games will be played at Cameron Indoor or Raleigh/Durham or Winston/Salem or Benson/Hedges, it's been that way for the last 20 years or so.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas