• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Superbowl MVP

Started by CF_fan_#1, February 05, 2006, 10:05:49 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

CF_fan_#1

Do you agree w/ the superbowl MVP?  I voted for Jerome Bettis.

Kaleb_QB8

rabs_fan4life

I voted for Bettis too!  I wanted to see him go out with the championship and MVP!  Oh well!

RD™

Quote from: CF_fan_#1 on February 05, 2006, 10:05:49 pm
Do you agree w/ the superbowl MVP? I voted for Jerome Bettis.
Why?

He had 45 yards maybe, and not alot of playing time. Just because this game was allll about him, doesnt mean he earned the MVP.

mattp_68

I thought that either Parker or Ward shoulda got it

Kaleb_QB8

Infamous

Honestly, you could have picked just about anybody.

StangFan06

Yea it was really a team-effort by the steelers. Noone really stood out

CF_fan_#1

I'm not saying Ward didn't deserve it, but I would've liked to see Bettis go out w/ it.  He did play hard and w/ a lot of heart. 

StangFan06

I loved what Bettis said when they were handing the trophy out. Something along the lines of the Bus has made his final stop in Detriot. What a career

HorseFeathers

He said I think the bus makes it's final stop in Detroit. It does leave an opening for him to come back next season, but I think he calls it done and goes out on top.

mattp_68

I still think Willie Parker deserves MVP just as much as Ward 93 yards in 10 attempts...Alexander had 95 on 20

olddog79

Hines Ward made the big plays. He deserved it.

mattp_68

Quote from: olddog79 on February 05, 2006, 10:33:30 pm
Hines Ward made the big plays. He deserved it.
if you wanna talk big plays look at the longest run in superbowl history...75 yards - Willie Parker - Pittsburgh Steelers

dc24

Either Ward or Randle El.

Father Guido

Ward was the reciever on two of the biggest plays in the game.  Don't the forget the one where Big Ben stopped right befor the line of scrimmage and threw to him on third and long, for about a 37 yard gain and a first and goal from the 5.   (yeah, I know they didn't end up scoring, but still).  Ward had over 120 yards recieving and a TD.

Ranall-el was amazing.  I couldn't believe he came back after the way he came down on that punt return, when he landed on his head after getting flipped and hit in the back.  Gotta get some props just for that.

RHS

I can't argue with Ward getting it. My other choice was Parker, simply because I didn't know what Ward's stats were at the time.

QuoteDon't the forget the one where Big Ben stopped right befor the line of scrimmage and threw to him on third and long, for about a 37 yard gain and a first and goal from the 5.   (yeah, I know they didn't end up scoring, but still).

Actually they did score on that drive. Roethlisberger got in (or was stoped short depending on who you ask) by a very small margin.

Father Guido

Quote from: RHS on February 06, 2006, 12:46:23 am
QuoteDon't the forget the one where Big Ben stopped right befor the line of scrimmage and threw to him on third and long, for about a 37 yard gain and a first and goal from the 5. (yeah, I know they didn't end up scoring, but still).

Actually they did score on that drive. Roethlisberger got in (or was stoped short depending on who you ask) by a very small margin.

Yeah, I messed up on that.  That was the barely score.  My Bad.  I just saw that again on the sports, ...3rd and 28 got 47 on the play.  Awesome.

WBF †

they ALL played with heart, it was the Super Bowl....bettis had like only 47 yards-thats no MVP on anyone's team. Just because he was the "big story" of the game doesnt mean he deserved to be MVP when he didnt earn it.

AB™

I'm getting annoyed with the people that said Bettis should have got MVP.  43 yards on 14 carries is not MVP type numbers.  Like RD stated the game was made to be all about him and I was glad to see him go out with a title but he did not deserve the MVP.

I had Ward winning it when it was over and Parker second.

Tarkus

No one from Pittsburgh really stood out in this game, but I'll give credit where credit is due - Ward was on the receiving end of the two biggest pass plays in the game. Overall he had only 5 receptions. Kinda sad when the MVP only touches the ball 5 times in the game. I'd have to give some credit to Randall El too. I know he played QB in college, but that was an awesome pass he threw - possibly the most perfectly thrown pass in the game.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas