• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Move over Kobe High School girl scores 113!!

Started by zebradynasty, February 03, 2006, 02:33:47 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

zebradynasty

It's amazing but sad 17 year old scores 113 points in high school. The sad and sorry thing is this girl shot 54 of 60 from the field one free throw! Of the 54 shots she made only 4 were threes the rest layups! This is a national record and while her performance is incredible I hate to see Cheryl Miller's record go down like this. The competition had to be beyond horrible!! I guess records are meant to be broken but....

Tony the Tiger

Quote from: zebradynasty on February 03, 2006, 02:33:47 pm
It's amazing but sad 17 year old scores 113 points in high school. The sad and sorry thing is this girl shot 54 of 60 from the field one free throw! Of the 54 shots she made only 4 were threes the rest layups! This is a national record and while her performance is incredible I hate to see Cheryl Miller's record go down like this. The competition had to be beyond horrible!! I guess records are meant to be broken but....
Where is Kobe High School....

CHAMPION_#1

well lisa lesilie would of had the record bc she had 101 at half and the other team refused to play the second half.

mudturtle

This would never have happened to my old team.

I am one of those really bad sports who would get hacked off when a team had an 80 point lead over me and kept pressing and trying to score.

After gently explaining the situation and suggesting she had scored enough,  I would have stood under the goal and the next time she scored would have thrown her to the ground or into the stands.  I would have continued this until I was kicked out of the game or until her coach decided that the risk of injury to his "prize player" was too great to let this charade continue.  Once I was out of the game, one of my team mates would have picked up where I left off. 

Only two options, either she stops or we run out of players.  Either way she doesn't set the record.

CHAMPION_#1

thats y u dont play or coach. ur a dirty person that never needs to be anything in sports. y cant u just congradulate her instead of saying u would of basically beat the s@!t out of her.

mudturtle

She scores 132 points in the state championship against a 17 and 5 teams then she is a "hoss" until then she is just a bully who can shoot lay-ups.

To tell you the truth, I doubt this record will stand.  Look at the number of free throws she shot.  You think they were defending her?  Nah, the other teams was just standing around watching the show.  Maybe even throwing the ball inbounds to her.

Tell the rest of the Lisa Leslie story.  About how the refs tried to give her the record anyway.

wildcat_x-mgr

mudturtle

Epiphany is going to Rutgers next year, here's what they thought.

Rutgers coach C. Vivian Stringer was reluctant to discuss any negative aspect of Prince's accomplishment, other than to say one wonders "what the other team was doing." Her top assistant, Jolette Law, was not so reluctant.

"I wouldn't have allowed (anyone) to score 113 points on me," Law said. "I wouldn't have hurt anyone, but it's about pride. I would have fouled. I would have fouled out."

Discobolus

All this talk about pride is crap, if you can't stop someone from scoring 113 points on you while playing within the rules, you don't deserve to have any pride. 

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas