• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Super Bowl XL

Started by Blue Collar, January 31, 2006, 09:46:05 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Who is going to win?

Steelers
28 (77.8%)
Seahawks
8 (22.2%)

Total Members Voted: 24

Blue Collar

Who do you think is going to win?

bulldogs1159

Just something very incorrect about Seattle being there.

razorback5

msubulldogs21

Back a few weeks ago before the Steelers played the Broncos in the AFC Championship game I said I think the Steelers will win it all and I'm sticking with them. They have been playing great and although Seattle is a very good team I don't think they will beat them though. I do expect it to be a great game and I'm looking forward to watching it.

Steelers 24
Seahawks 20

dalejrfan

Infamous

February 02, 2006, 03:43:44 pm #5 Last Edit: February 02, 2006, 03:45:35 pm by InfamousHound
I'm anticipating the first time Jerremy Stevens comes over the middle and Joey Parter drills him.

Personally, I think it's going to be a very close game. I think Alexander is going to have success running the ball but I think Roethlisberger leads them on a go-ahead drive late in the game.

Pittsburgh - 24
Seattle - 21

CF_fan_#1

I'm going for the steelers.  The only thing I'm concerned about is Shaun Alexander.  The Seahawks could surprise everyone and win it.  It is their 1st Super Bowl.

Short and Stout

I think that the Steelers will win it, but wouldn't be surprised one bit if Seattle did. Can't root against the Bus in what I think will be his last Super Bowl, especially since it is in his hometown.

Infamous

I loved the teammates wearing the throwback Bus Notre Dame jerseys.

That was neat.

rsvl_hogfan4

Quote from: InfamousHound on February 02, 2006, 03:43:44 pm
I'm anticipating the first time Jerremy Stevens comes over the middle and Joey Parter drills him.

Personally, I think it's going to be a very close game. I think Alexander is going to have success running the ball but I think Roethlisberger leads them on a go-ahead drive late in the game.

Pittsburgh - 24
Seattle - 21
Well, according to Porter, Stevens won't even be on the field. :) He doesn't play according to Joey.

Infamous

Quote from: rsvl_HOGFAN4 on February 02, 2006, 06:20:56 pm
Quote from: InfamousHound on February 02, 2006, 03:43:44 pm

Pittsburgh - 24
Seattle - 21
Well, according to Porter, Stevens won't even be on the field. :) He doesn't play according to Joey.

His press conferences this week have been hilarious.

He's very entertaining.

CF_fan_#1

Quote from: InfamousHound on February 02, 2006, 06:19:07 pm
I loved the teammates wearing the throwback Bus Notre Dame jerseys.

That was neat.
i agree.  That was awesome.

Blue Collar

Where are y'all watching the game at? I'm watching it at my church on the big screen.

celtzer

Steelers - 31
Seahawks - 22

Infamous

We're getting closer. Finally, after two mind-numbing weeks of anaylsts making the same predictions and the same break-down of tape, it's almost time for the game.

ASU Rugby

fastdrop

about fell asleep during the first half

Lord Infamous™

who is that singing?.....its on the tip of my toungue.

rabs_fan4life

Quote from: Lord Infamous™ on February 05, 2006, 07:12:33 pm
who is that singing?.....its on the tip of my toungue.

:o THE ROLLING STONES!!!!!

Infamous

Quote from: fastdrop on February 05, 2006, 07:08:41 pm

Don't worry. I almost did too. That was one boring half of football.

fastdrop

Quote from: InfamousHound on February 05, 2006, 07:25:22 pm
Quote from: fastdrop on February 05, 2006, 07:08:41 pm

Don't worry. I almost did too. That was one boring half of football.
the big run woke me up though

Infamous

I've got a feeling that Pittsburgh is about to put this one away.

Infamous

Well, scratch that thought.

Infamous

That had to be one of the most boring Super Bowls I've ever watched.

rabs_fan4life

Quote from: InfamousHound on February 05, 2006, 09:04:41 pm
That had to be one of the most boring Super Bowls I've ever watched.

I was thinking it was just me...glad to see I wasn't the only one bored watching it!!

RD™

That was a great Super Bowl. What are yall smoking?

Infamous

Did we watch the same game?

Ha.

ASU Rugby

Its wasnt as good as either of the New England super bowls, but a good one nonetheless

rabs_fan4life

I'm not smoking anything...I guess it was just boring to me!  That might be largely in part to the fact that I don't care for either team!  I just watched cuz it was the superbowl! 

Infamous

If ever there were a sign that America wanted the Patriots to be there, it was that Tom Brady did the coin toss.

They'll be back, however.

RD™

Oh yes, the Patriots will return

First NFL team to win

6 in 8 years.

Gaurandamnteed.

dc24

It was a great Super Bowl and the Steelers are a great team but I hope those refs can sleep tonight.  They screwed Seattle twice at least but Pittsburgh still may have won.  Glad to see Jerome go out on top but I hope my Seahawks are back.

Infamous

RD, have you read Holley's Patriot Reign?

That's a good read.

RD™

Quote from: dc24 on February 05, 2006, 09:26:30 pm
It was a great Super Bowl and the Steelers are a great team but I hope those refs can sleep tonight. They screwed Seattle twice at least but Pittsburgh still may have won. Glad to see Jerome go out on top but I hope my Seahawks are back.
I thought I smelled BS as well tonight, it was obvious the refs were giving a push here and there. dc24, as weak as the NFC West is, I can see Seattle going on a Dynasty like run.

Did anyone see Holgremn congratulate Cowher?

Infamous

Quote from: dc24 on February 05, 2006, 09:26:30 pm
It was a great Super Bowl and the Steelers are a great team but I hope those refs can sleep tonight. They screwed Seattle twice at least but Pittsburgh still may have won. Glad to see Jerome go out on top but I hope my Seahawks are back.

I was hacked at that horrible blocking call. That's one of the worst calls I've ever seen.

wynneaholic©

nope!!  and as far as bad calls, I would say more "no" calls made the game good.  I think a couple passes to the Seahawks recvrs that were labeled incomplete after the recvr caught and turned to run were bogus, but anywho the STEELERS are the world champions!!!!!

Infamous

Jerome Bettis makes his retirement official as he goes out on top.

I'm going to miss the Bus.

dc24

They were juggling the ball that's why.  The holding call on Locklear and the call on D-Jack were bad especially Locklear's and then the call on Hasselbeck after his interception that was ridiculous.  But the Steelers had a good gameplan and Ben made a couple of big plays at big times.  I also loved the Randle El reverse pass call but that was after the Locklear phantom hold and Hasselbeck call.  Congrats Steelers.

CF_fan_#1

It was a good game.  I will have to admit, it got boring at times.  There were some awesome plays though, especially that 75 yard TD.  I was going for the steelers and I'm glad they won, but the seahawks played a good game.

msubulldogs21

I enjoyed watching the Super Bowl for the most part. It wasn't the best I've ever seen, but it wasn't the worst either. I think it's good that Bettis is going out on top and Cowher is getting a ring too as well as all their other players because they earned it.

And just think - none of this would even be possible had Ben Roethlesburger not made that game saving tackle with about 1 minute to play at the Colts a few weeks back. That was one great play.

The Steelers have a great organization and I'm not just talking about the players and coaches. Everything, their owner, front office and the organization as a whole is one of the best in the NFL right up there with the Patriots and it's obvious they know what they're doing.

chrismurphy19

This Super Bowl wasn't bad at all. I'm glad it wasn't like the Rose Bowl (great game, no defense). I just wish the Steelers hadn't won. I freaking hate the Steelers.

Halftime show was great. This has been two years in a row now where I've had trouble deciding when to go to the bathroom because I didn't want to miss the game, the commercials, or the halftime show.

Bob Lablaw

The refs were playin for the Steelers.

RHS

QuoteFirst NFL team to win

You could have stopped right there, unless you expect the Steelers to win another one first. Dallas and Frisco won't win another one soon.

The call on the TD for offensive PI was a tacky call, but it was the right one. All the ref can see if the guys being kind of close, and then the Seahawk guy extending his arm to get seperation. Even though it wasn't a hard pushoff, it was the right call.

OLDBEAR

I am not a fan of either team, but I thought the Seahawks were playing against the Steelers and the refs.  The offensive pass interference call was awfully picky and would not be called the other 999 times out of 1000 that it happens.  The touchdown by Roethlisberger still has not occurred.  The phantom hold on the pass down to the one that even Al Michaels and John Madden disputed comes to mind.  And finally, how many times has anyone ever seen a quarterback called for blocking below the waist while making a tackle.  I changed the channel while they were reviewing the Hasselback fumble that got overturned because I was so disgusted with the officiating that I expected them to let the call stand.  This had to be the worst officiated professional game that I have ever seen.  Interesting side note:  Pittsburgh never gets called for holding (though you could see several), yet everytime Seattle made a big play they did.  Some admittedly were correct, but I doubt Pitt has such good blockers that it could not have been more evenhanded. 

RHS

QuoteThe offensive pass interference call was awfully picky and would not be called the other 999 times out of 1000 that it happens.

I disagree. That call would be made 999 out of 1000 times. Blame the Seattle WR for it. When he extended his arm, even if it wasn't a blatant pushoff, the ref is going to throw the flag.

Roethlisberger's TD was a good call. All it had to do was touch the line/plane of the goalline and it's a TD. Doesn't have to get into the end zone.

The hold that was called was a crappy one and shouldn't have been made.

I think the blocking call on Hasselback was a bad one too, but it still doesn't change the fact that the INT was going to stand.

But blaming the refs for a loss is just a cop out for those that don't want to look at the game. How many passes did Stephens drop that could have moved the chains? How about the coverage on the pass that got Pitt down to the 3 and then scored on Big Ben's TD? How about clock management at the end of the 1st half and the end of the game? How about the missed FG's that kept 6 points off the board, and alos gave the Steelers beter field position? How about the INT thrown by Hasselback that could have gotten them more points?

There are always going to be some bad calls in a game. You have to find a way to overcome them if you want to win.

OLDBEAR

Quote from: RHS on February 06, 2006, 03:38:50 pm
QuoteThe offensive pass interference call was awfully picky and would not be called the other 999 times out of 1000 that it happens.

I disagree. That call would be made 999 out of 1000 times. Blame the Seattle WR for it. When he extended his arm, even if it wasn't a blatant pushoff, the ref is going to throw the flag.

Roethlisberger's TD was a good call. All it had to do was touch the line/plane of the goalline and it's a TD. Doesn't have to get into the end zone.

The hold that was called was a crappy one and shouldn't have been made.

I think the blocking call on Hasselback was a bad one too, but it still doesn't change the fact that the INT was going to stand.

But blaming the refs for a loss is just a cop out for those that don't want to look at the game. How many passes did Stephens drop that could have moved the chains? How about the coverage on the pass that got Pitt down to the 3 and then scored on Big Ben's TD? How about clock management at the end of the 1st half and the end of the game? How about the missed FG's that kept 6 points off the board, and alos gave the Steelers beter field position? How about the INT thrown by Hasselback that could have gotten them more points?

There are always going to be some bad calls in a game. You have to find a way to overcome them if you want to win.

You and I can disagree on the PI call and the touchdown.  I thought Madden and Michaels summed it up when they disagreed with it pretty well.  It is impossible to argue that Seattle did a terrible job with the clock at times.  Hasselbeck must have been going nuts checking off twice with the clock running down at the half.  Stephens definitely stunk up the field also.  However, I stand by what I said about the officiating as a whole.  I would just like to hear one person that has seen a blocking below the waist call on a tackle.  It certainly put the Steelers in a position where they had much more breathing room and a shorter field to play with.  Again, it just seemed like everytime Seattle had something going, the refs caught something to stop it.

Infamous

It was said on ESPN today that SuperBowl XL was viewed by 140 million people. The only television program that was viewed by more people was the final episode of "Mash."

That's interesting.

Bob Lablaw

Yeah, it is cuz I also read this poll where like 50% of people said they did not enjoy the game. Or something like that.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas