• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rewarding the Players with Money?

Started by green-eagle, November 01, 2011, 09:19:15 am

Previous topic - Next topic

green-eagle

November 01, 2011, 09:19:15 am Last Edit: November 01, 2011, 09:22:23 am by green-eagle
gentlemen

my son and I was talking about this topic just the other day, as we know the NCAA drop a ruling this past week, that some conference(s) shall look into paying their players up to including $2000 above their scholarship. As you know, what happens in upper level of sports slowly find itself being apply to lower lever of that sport.

So my question is this, What current AAA rules or regulation prevent some institutes, boosters or parents knowingly offering some cash gift for their offensive and or defensive performance.? I know that parents often do this with their kids or friends of their children, but can this be done with the full knowledge of the coaching staff?

thanks 

RamFan06

Quote from: green-eagle on November 01, 2011, 09:19:15 am
gentlemen

my son and I was talking about this topic just the other day, as we know the NCAA drop a ruling this past week, that some conference(s) shall look into paying their players up to including $2000 above their scholarship. As you know, what happens in upper level of sports slowly find itself being apply to lower lever of that sport.

So my question is this, What current AAA rules or regulation prevent some institutes, boosters or parents knowingly offering some cash gift for their offensive and or defensive performance.? I know that parents often do this with their kids or friends of their children, but can this be done with the full knowledge of the coaching staff?

thanks

I'm not sure about AAA rules regarding this type of thing, but I know that if you take any kind of monetary reward, whether it is a prize or straight out pay, for playing a sport you lose your amateur status and are no longer eligible to play that sport at the college level. This not only applies to AAA sanctioned events, but to any other organized sporting event. At least that is the way it was explained to me when I was younger as well as when my son was in high school.

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong gentlemen.

Busman

slimdlp

Quote from: RamFan06 on November 02, 2011, 05:55:22 pm
I'm not sure about AAA rules regarding this type of thing, but I know that if you take any kind of monetary reward, whether it is a prize or straight out pay, for playing a sport you lose your amateur status and are no longer eligible to play that sport at the college level. This not only applies to AAA sanctioned events, but to any other organized sporting event. At least that is the way it was explained to me when I was younger as well as when my son was in high school.

So all state champions who recieve rings(prizes) are ineligible?

Coach Venny Slocombe

Quote from: slimdlp on June 26, 2012, 01:07:32 pm

lol...Dude you need to quit...just quit...lolololololololololololol...

TTofGreenwood

Quote from: slimdlp on June 26, 2012, 01:07:32 pm

We would have zero students playing anything!  JEEZ! What a Bummer... :-\

SantaHog

Quote from: slimdlp on June 26, 2012, 01:07:32 PM
Quote from: RamFan06 on November 02, 2011, 05:55:22 PM

So, by your logic above, players should not be receiving letter jackets, either.

slimdlp

IF, IF thats really the rule.... letter jackets, and any other "prize" should not be bought by school, booster club, etc.... or they could be ineligible for NCAA.
Do schools still buy letter jackets? I paid for mine, well my momma did...

Lions84

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas