• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Strong looking for new Coach?

Started by FilmCrew, March 02, 2012, 08:03:05 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

spoony luv

yea cause weight meets are so time consuming.  Sounds like cause it is too much trouble

I bleed blue and white

The weight coach at Strong is a volunteer who does a great job with the players. There are several players that would have done well competing in meets but as I stated the focus is on getting ready for next year. The board meeting is Monday April 30th. They should except Davis'resignation and  appoint Jackson. Spring ball is over and players are back lifting, running, and learning different types of offense. Rumor has it that there are several backs running 4.7 and better. I can't wait to see them in pads to see who can hit!!

DogsWin7

So, Coach Jackson is the New Head Coach then.................hummmmm

spoony luv

I thought lifting weights was how you got ready for next year. 
Shouldn't the weight coach be one of the football coaches?

I bleed blue and white

The weight coach is a football coach! He is also a volunteer. Most small schools have people who volunteer thier time to help teams become better. These coaches are not allowed to help during games but they can assist during the preparation as long as they are supervised by licensed coaches.

DogsWin7

Quote from: I bleed blue and white on April 24, 2012, 04:06:40 pm
The weight coach at Strong is a volunteer who does a great job with the players. There are several players that would have done well competing in meets but as I stated the focus is on getting ready for next year. The board meeting is Monday April 30th. They should except Davis'resignation and  appoint Jackson. Spring ball is over and players are back lifting, running, and learning different types of offense. Rumor has it that there are several backs running 4.7 and better. I can't wait to see them in pads to see who can hit!!

Well how did the baord meeting go in Strong.  Was Jackson named HC?

spoony luv

Then he's not a coach.  Anybody can claim to be a coach but until you have that license then you are just some guy helping out.
If i tell someone to take an asprin for a headache am I a doctor?

I bleed blue and white

Spoony:  No one is on here to debate if some one is a coach or not! The title of this thread is Strong looking for new Coach? Special meeting Thursday night and Coach Jackson will be named Strong's head coach and Coach Davis will be heading to Waldron.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas