• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Nashville Girls-Poole, Snowden, Lee, and Westbrook

Started by fourpeat, May 01, 2012, 09:20:58 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

fourpeat

Nashville girls could win 4A with only 4 girls, and two of them are competing in one event each.  Westbrook has the second best throw in the discus (100ft), and Jefferson has the second best long jump (tied with Poole-16.75ft).  Nashville could score up to 120 points though.  Monisa Poole has the best 100-12.6, 200-25.7, 400-58.1, 100H-15.5 and 300H-45.9.  She can only run in 4 of those so her coach will have to decide that.  She is also #2 in HJ-5'2"(but she jumped 5'7" last year), and LJ-16.75ft.  That's a possible 56 points!  Then, Cassidy Snowden is 2nd in 100-12.9, 200-26.1 and 400-1:01.9.  She is #1 in HJ-5'3", LJ-17'9" and TJ-38'3.75"(overall #1).  That's a possible 54 points!  Not calling the efforts of Lee and Westbrook irrelevant, but Poole and Snowden really could win this track meet going away by themselves!  De Queen may score 80-90 points, while Poole/Snowden could score 110, unless they get tired:)

shiloh forever

This is another example of why 4A track is such a joke.

True Player

At X-Factor
Poole and snowden would be worth 50 points in any classification.

~WPS~

That's very true. Poole and Snowden are 2 of the best track athletes in Arkansas. That's why Poole won the heptathlon last year and will probably win it this year. Wouldn't be surprised to see Snowden get 2nd.

shiloh forever

I've watched 4A track. It is a joke. Nashville 6 girls championships in a row or whatever is the biggest joke of all. Yes, those 2 girls are athletes, but look at the other schools girls in 4A... Not downing accomplishments but Nashville isn't some track power house.

~WPS~

Yes you are right Nashville isn't a track powerhouse. But they have one of the best track runners in state history in Poole. And a girl in Snowden that's right behind her everytime. It doesn't matter how you win.

shiloh forever

I won't argue about the one girl. Other girl, a little ways back in my book. But still both good athletes!

fourpeat

Tonight, Monisa Poole won the 100, 100H, 200, 300H and won 2nd in Long Jump and tied for 6th in High Jump.  49.5 points.  Snowden won the triple jump and was 2nd and 3rd in her events.  Poole also set a new overall state record with 9 career state individual championships.  I was way wrong about who Nashville girls are composed of:(  Sorry.  They also had a 3200 relay team and 1600 Relay team.  They won going away.  Awesome track meet!

HORNET-MAN

Good job little cousin Monisa we are proud of you

fourpeat

Quote from: Ballplayer1 on May 03, 2012, 09:36:40 pm
Yes you are right Nashville isn't a track powerhouse. But they have one of the best track runners in state history in Poole. And a girl in Snowden that's right behind her everytime. It doesn't matter how you win.
Nashville girls track is a POWERHOUSE!  6 in a row!!!!!!!!  How do we define powerhouse?  Monisa Poole is just one of those phenominal athletes that comes along once every few decades to the state and re-writes records, has new trophies and awards named for her, and gives us a renewed excitment for this sport again.  Come to Lake Hamilton next Saturday and see what I mean.  She will be a track athlete for the Hogs next hear, and I can't wait to follow her.  She'll probably win the heptatholon this month too.  Last year at the Meet of Champs, she won the 400 in 55.9.  Only a few girls in state history have ever run that fast!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas