• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Who will rivercrest pick up? Or who do You think they should?

Started by colts52, September 11, 2011, 10:35:40 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

colts52

With trumann opting out of continuing playing the colts and Osceola joining the conference. Who do you think will fill their shoes? I would like to see rivercrest play strong 3a programs to start the year. Possibly Charleston, HA and fountain lake. I'm sure it'll end up beig something like brookland and valley view though

Rebelville 73

I would personally like to see Highland and Rivercrest get a chance to play. I know when I played and we were in the same conference for a few years they were very tough battles. It could be a battle of the Red and Gray.

Busted

Just my opinion, but I don't see Charleston playing Rivercrest in the regular season. Travel time for the visiting fans would be the main concern. We're talking 5 hours each way.

Radiotalker

redandgray

Definitely need to play some teams that will prepare you...maybe one with a strong running game and one with a strong passing game year-in and year-out

ISU7

LionCatfan

Just heresay.....
The HA/FL series is trying to be continued if the date can be worked out....thought the Colts & Cats might have a chance for a non-conference game, although they always  seem to match up the 3A-2 & 3A-3 come playoff time.

LCfan

colts52

Travel time doesn't mean a thing to the colts just a few years ago we were making trips to star city and Dumas. I would love to see a home/ away series between the colts and cats! Would be a great series!

coltmom#10

Quote from: colts52 on September 11, 2011, 10:35:40 pm
With trumann opting out of continuing playing the colts and Osceola joining the conference. Who do you think will fill their shoes? I would like to see rivercrest play strong 3a programs to start the year. Possibly Charleston, HA and fountain lake. I'm sure it'll end up beig something like brookland and valley view though
Would it be fair if I told you who they are trying to get? ;) Just hope it isn't Hamburg again! Great game that year, but a longggggggggg trip. :)

colts52

Coltfan2005

Quote from: coltmom#10 on September 13, 2011, 10:56:13 am
Would it be fair if I told you who they are trying to get? ;) Just hope it isn't Hamburg again! Great game that year, but a longggggggggg trip. :)

You've always been such a tease!   ::)

Coltfan2005

Actually, I do believe the Colts should look a little closer to home mostly because of fuel prices and having to pull the kids out of classes even earlier. I think Valley View would be a good match-up but I would stay away from Brookland. Too easy with sub-par coaching.

colts52

Coltfan2005

I'm happy you like him and you are certainly entitled to your opinion.

colts52

Liking him is neither here nor there. I hated him! But I respect his abilities toteach the game and he has afresh mind for the game! Great passion

Coltfan2005

colts52

coltmom#10

coltmom#10

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on September 13, 2011, 12:21:31 pm
Quote from: coltmom#10 on September 13, 2011, 10:56:13 am

You've always been such a tease!   ::)
:-* :-* :-*

coltmom#10

Quote from: colts52 on September 13, 2011, 12:27:30 pm
Kelley mills is an excellent coach
Quote from: Coltfan2005 on September 13, 2011, 02:05:51 pm
I'm happy you like him and you are certainly entitled to your opinion.
Coach Mills is doing fine with Brookland! Good Coach! But that's my opinion!

matt-E

I agree with Valley View, they are a good team. And they usually run a different offense than we see in conference. I wouldnt mind seeing us play Marion again, they use to have alot of athletes.

Coltfan2005

Marion would be a close game, but it isn't the same old marion. Huge school, good program.

matt-E

Coltfan2005

no such thing in non-conf, but the potential to get someone injured.

redandgray

We definitely need to step it up and play some tough competition...you won't get any better through the year if you aren't tested.

matt-E

Paperman

Blytheville intends to continue playing Osceola and West Memphis. Kennett, Mo. game might go away, but their is a real push in the North County to get Gosnell on the Chicks schedule. I hope the Colts don't get left with a nine-game schedule, that would hurt, maybe a game against a Memphis school would be a good fit, their are many teams who the Colts could benefit greatly from playing in the Bluff City. Valley View seems set to play Cave City for their third non-conference game, Coach Sherman turned down Osceola. Too bad, the Blazers would be a good draw in Wilson as the Colts would be in Jonesboro. Marion would be good, but is all about having a slot to fill.

colts52

Rivercrest will go to south panola before they have an open week

sportime

I think BK tried to get a non conf with RC next year but they couldn't get the weeks to match up.

herewego

I just heard that Newport has dropped Batesville. Newport would be a great game for the colts. Newport and Batesville always play the first game of the year.

policeman

I would like to see Pokey play rivercrest again, it used to be a good hard fought game. 

colts52

I was on the team that played pokey. We even had a jamboree there I believe. Pokey was good then. We were bad. Roles are reversed now lol

policeman

Quote from: colts52 on September 23, 2011, 11:21:48 am
I was on the team that played pokey. We even had a jamboree there I believe. Pokey was good then. We were bad. Roles are reversed now lol
Rivercrest played pokey for a long time, it went back and forth

WTD

Quote from: Paperman on September 15, 2011, 05:33:08 pm
Blytheville intends to continue playing Osceola and West Memphis. Kennett, Mo. game might go away, but their is a real push in the North County to get Gosnell on the Chicks schedule. I hope the Colts don't get left with a nine-game schedule, that would hurt, maybe a game against a Memphis school would be a good fit, their are many teams who the Colts could benefit greatly from playing in the Bluff City. Valley View seems set to play Cave City for their third non-conference game, Coach Sherman turned down Osceola. Too bad, the Blazers would be a good draw in Wilson as the Colts would be in Jonesboro. Marion would be good, but is all about having a slot to fill.
I don't see Marion ever playing Rivercrest. It's easily accessible because of the short distance between both schools, and I know Rivercrest puts out some great athletes and has been successful for many years now. But, won't ever happen. Might try Caruthersville, MO they always have a very strong team.

colts52

policeman

If pokey gEts back to a top 15 team in the 4a and rivercrest keeps playing at the level they are at, it should be a competitive game....

redandgray

Right now for next year's 3 non-conference games, we just have Gosnell as a lock.  Trumann coach dropped us because he said their program is really going down.

BronxBomber

You should step up in class and play some teams that struggle in 5A.  Forrest City or Paragould would be a good matchup.  It would be a win-win.  They have a chance to compete for a win to start their seasons off right, and you have a good tune up game to get you ready for conference.

colts52

We played a jamboree at Paragould and our b team played them. Yesterday. I'm sure Paragould is a possibility

redandgray

I wouldn't mind that...would make sense logistically also.

Coltfan2005

colts52

redandgray

colts52

It's official that EPC has been added it will look like this

Rivercrest vs EPC
Rivercrest at CAC/Carlise
Rivercrest vs gosnell

Coach Venny Slocombe

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas