• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2014 Arkansas Razorbacks Football Schedule

Started by bleudog, August 21, 2013, 12:37:56 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bleudog

August 21, 2013, 12:37:56 pm Last Edit: August 21, 2013, 05:09:56 pm by bleudog
Aug. 30     at Auburn*
Sept. 6     Nicholls State
Sept. 13    at Texas Tech
Sept. 20    Northern Illinois
Sept. 27    vs. Texas A&M*^
Oct. 11     Alabama*
Oct. 18     Georgia*
Oct. 25     UAB
Nov. 1      at Mississippi State*
Nov. 15     LSU*
Nov. 22     Ole Miss*
Nov. 29     at Missouri*

*-SEC game
^-Game played at AT&T Stadium in Arlington, Texas

Nicholls State ::) 
C'mon man, if you're dipping into the Southland, ya might as well........

Hoghead

Play ASU and stop with the back putting lies. Nicholls. St. ??? Wow... Heck play UCA. too !!

Lionheart88

Starting off with an SEC school?  That's unusual.  I still don't like the LSU game moving away from Thanksgiving Week.  I'm fine with taking Mizzou instead of SCAR.  Lots of potential for a good rivalry that there never could be with a school halfway across the country.

cav2012

Quote from: Hoghead on August 21, 2013, 11:01:39 pm
Play ASU and stop with the back putting lies. Nicholls. St. ??? Wow... Heck play UCA. too !!
I agree with playing UCA... as long as its in Fayetteville..There is just nothing to gain from playing asu, most can see that

Hoghead

Quote from: cav2012 on August 21, 2013, 11:32:35 pm
I agree with playing UCA... as long as its in Fayetteville..There is just nothing to gain from playing asu, most can see that

and we gain what from playing Southern Miss ?  Nicholls St ? SAMFORD ???  If you play Samford then Ouachita, A-Tech and SAU go into the mix !!!!  ASU brings a lot to the mix due to the fact a lot of people say it worthless playing them.
Arkansas hasn't won a SEC FOOTBALL TITLE EVER !  What do we bring to the SEC in FOOTBALL ?

ricepig

I'm guessing you think the OOC schedule should be Michigan, ND, and Oregon?

cav2012

Quote from: Hoghead on August 22, 2013, 12:47:19 am
Quote from: cav2012 on August 21, 2013, 11:32:35 pm

and we gain what from playing Southern Miss ?  Nicholls St ? SAMFORD ???  If you play Samford then Ouachita, A-Tech and SAU go into the mix !!!!  ASU brings a lot to the mix due to the fact a lot of people say it worthless playing them.
Arkansas hasn't won a SEC FOOTBALL TITLE EVER !  What do we bring to the SEC in FOOTBALL ?
Believe me, I agree with you lol.. I would want nothing more than to play somewhat good teams in non conference. And I mean besides 3 or 4 teams, nobody brings anything to the sae

Hoghead

Quote from: ricepig on August 22, 2013, 08:52:41 am

I'm guessing you think the OOC schedule should be Michigan, ND, and Oregon?
One of those schools on a 2 year rotation would be nice. The Texas Tech game was a good move. But when you load up with Samford and Nicholls St. you are in no position in telling the Mighty Red Wolves of ASU we have nothing to gain by playing you......????? When you have never EVER won the SEC in 21 years of playing in it what does Arkansas bring to the table ???? NOTHING !

Valleysports

See I'd like to be a Hog Fan, but this makes me want to see Nicholls State and Samford upset them.  Billiema should know that playing Big 10 Caliber Teams will not prepare his team for SEC Games. 

ricepig

Quote from: Valleysports on August 22, 2013, 11:12:36 am
See I'd like to be a Hog Fan, but this makes me want to see Nicholls State and Samford upset them.  Billiema should know that playing Big 10 Caliber Teams will not prepare his team for SEC Games.

Where is all the crying over Bama playing FAU, or Western Carolina? We have nothing to gain from playing them, we win, we were suppose to, we lose, and the world is over, haha.

We can't play SEC teams in our OOC, besides ASU, who should we play?

bleudog

August 22, 2013, 11:30:19 am #10 Last Edit: August 22, 2013, 01:29:51 pm by bleudog

I noticed:

LSU is opening 2014 with the head Hog's former team Wisconsin in Houston.
They've got an in-state Sunbelt Conference opponent in ULM for week 3.
Their TAMU game will be played on Thanksgiving night and not the Friday after Turkey Day.

And for the record, I don't care for LSWho.

ricepig

bleudog

August 22, 2013, 11:40:37 am #12 Last Edit: August 22, 2013, 11:53:20 am by bleudog
Quote from: ricepig on August 22, 2013, 11:32:25 am
ULM is in the SBC conference.

Thanks, I fixed it.  I knew better just guess I was thinking about LSU's Sam Houston State game in week two. 

Point was though LSU has no qualms about playing in-state programs.  Some years those in-state opponents are FBS and some years those are FCS.  Even though I don't care for LSU, I applaud their stance on playing other Louisiana schools.

ricepig

Quote from: bleudog on August 22, 2013, 11:40:37 am

Thanks, I fixed it.  I knew better just guess I was thinking about LSU's Sam Houston State game in week two. 

Point was though LSU has no qualms about playing in-state programs.  Some years those in-state opponents are FBS and some years those are FCS.  Even though I don't care for LSU, I applaud their stance on playing other Louisiana schools.

Are you saying you equate the two situations as the same? The state of LA. produces more D-I players than any others on a per capita basis.

bleudog

August 22, 2013, 01:25:53 pm #14 Last Edit: August 22, 2013, 01:34:32 pm by bleudog
Quote from: ricepig on August 22, 2013, 12:20:23 pm

Are you saying you equate the two situations as the same? The state of LA. produces more D-I players than any others on a per capita basis.

I'll give you LSU has more in-state teams to work one into the schedule every year or so than Arkansas would:

Arkansas Razorbacks - Fayetteville, Arkansas - SEC
Arkansas State Red Wolves - Jonesboro, Arkansas - Sun Belt
Arkansas-Pine Bluff Golden Lions - Pine Bluff, Arkansas - SWAC
Central Arkansas Bears - Conway, Arkansas - Southland

LSU Tigers - Baton Rouge, Louisiana - SEC
Louisiana-Lafayette Ragin' Cajuns - Lafayette, Louisiana - Sun Belt
Louisiana-Monroe Warhawks - Monroe, Louisiana - Sun Belt
Louisiana Tech Bulldogs - Ruston, Louisiana - C-USA
Tulane Green Wave - New Orleans, Louisiana - C-USA
Grambling State Tigers - Grambling, Louisiana - SWAC
McNeese State Cowboys - Lake Charles, Louisiana - Southland
Nicholls State Colonels - Thibodaux, Louisiana - Southland
Northwestern State Demons - Natchitoches, Louisiana - Southland
Southeastern Louisiana Lions - Hammond, Louisiana - Southland
Southern Jaguars - Baton Rouge, Louisiana - SWAC

But at least the Tigers do invite those same state teams into Death Valley. 

Regardless of D-I talent per capita, since Arkansas regularly schedules Southland, Sunbelt or equivalent teams (which I think is fine); they should include those teams meeting that criteria within their own state also.

Lionheart88

Oftentimes nonconference schedules are set years in advance.  Wiki's page on the football programs has some games af far as 7 years out already listed:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arkansas_Razorbacks_football#Future_non-conference_opponents

So these might actually be JLS or Bobby P scheduled-opponents.

ricepig

Quote from: bleudog on August 22, 2013, 01:25:53 pm
Quote from: ricepig on August 22, 2013, 12:20:23 pm
[/quoWwwte]

I'll give you LSU has more in-state teams to work one into the schedule every year or so than Arkansas would:

Arkansas Razorbacks - Fayetteville, Arkansas - SEC
Arkansas State Red Wolves - Jonesboro, Arkansas - Sun Belt
Arkansas-Pine Bluff Golden Lions - Pine Bluff, Arkansas - SWAC
Central Arkansas Bears - Conway, Arkansas - Southland

LSU Tigers - Baton Rouge, Louisiana - SEC
Louisiana-Lafayette Ragin' Cajuns - Lafayette, Louisiana - Sun Belt
Louisiana-Monroe Warhawks - Monroe, Louisiana - Sun Belt
Louisiana Tech Bulldogs - Ruston, Louisiana - C-USA
Tulane Green Wave - New Orleans, Louisiana - C-USA
Grambling State Tigers - Grambling, Louisiana - SWAC
McNeese State Cowboys - Lake Charles, Louisiana - Southland
Nicholls State Colonels - Thibodaux, Louisiana - Southland
Northwestern State Demons - Natchitoches, Louisiana - Southland
Southeastern Louisiana Lions - Hammond, Louisiana - Southland
Southern Jaguars - Baton Rouge, Louisiana - SWAC

But at least the Tigers do invite those same state teams into Death Valley. 

Regardless of D-I talent per capita, since Arkansas regularly schedules Southland, Sunbelt or equivalent teams (which I think is fine); they should include those teams meeting that criteria within their own state also.

Why should they play them?  Right now there a students/fans of those teams who also support the Hogs, no sense making them make a choice if you don't have to. I have no problem playing ASU on terms such as these teams play for, but I don't make the decision, or the schedule.

bleudog

August 22, 2013, 01:55:00 pm #17 Last Edit: August 22, 2013, 01:57:05 pm by bleudog
Quote from: ricepig on August 22, 2013, 01:38:20 pm
Why should they play them?  Right now there a students/fans of those teams who also support the Hogs, no sense making them make a choice if you don't have to. I have no problem playing ASU on terms such as these teams play for, but I don't make the decision, or the schedule.

Big time programs don't worry that playing certain schools will erode their fan base or recruiting foothold.

And I wouldn't advocate a home-and-home with ASU unless the ASU 'home' game would be a Little Rock game.  Didn't Arkansas "officially" consider the ULM games in Little Rock a ULM home games to help them with average attendence numbers?  Hey, dem Tigers ain't traveling to Hammond or Thibodaux anytime soon.

If the Hawgs are going to invite folks up to Fayettville to beat the snot out of them (which is part of what OCC is for), it might as well be somebody from their own backyard.

ricepig

Quote from: bleudog on August 22, 2013, 01:55:00 pm
Quote from: ricepig on August 22, 2013, 01:38:20 pm

Big time programs don't worry that playing certain schools will erode their fan base or recruiting foothold.

And I wouldn't advocate a home-and-home with ASU unless the ASU 'home' game would be a Little Rock game.  Didn't Arkansas "officially" consider the ULM games in Little Rock a ULM home games to help them with average attendence numbers?  Hey, dem Tigers ain't traveling to Hammond or Thibodaux anytime soon.

If the Hawgs are going to invite folks up to Fayettville to beat the snot out of them (which is part of what OCC is for), it might as well be somebody from their own backyard.

Alabama doesn't play Troy, UAB, or USA in football, other sports, sure. I guess they are scared? The UofA has their priorities, and ASU has their's.

bleudog

August 22, 2013, 02:37:37 pm #19 Last Edit: August 22, 2013, 03:03:25 pm by bleudog
Quote from: ricepig on August 22, 2013, 02:02:03 pm
Alabama doesn't play Troy, UAB, or USA in football, other sports, sure. I guess they are scared? The UofA has their priorities, and ASU has their's.

Good point.  If Samford, UAB and Troy are good enough for Arkansas, they ought to be good enough for Alabama.  All "flagships" should play at least one in-state OOC school game a year if they're regularly playing other teams within in-state schools' conferences.

Again, as much as I detest LSU, kudos to them (and specifically Skip Bertman for making the change) for doing this right.

ricepig

Quote from: bleudog on August 22, 2013, 02:37:37 pm

Good point.  If Samford, UAB and Troy are good enough for Arkansas, they ought to be good enough for Alabama.  All "flagships" should play at least one in-state OCC school game a year if they're regularly playing other teams within in-state schools' conferences.

I think schools should play whom they choose in OOC, or ESPN chooses for them, haha.  I'm guessing you are in favor of a "bill" to force schools to play?

bleudog

August 22, 2013, 03:15:43 pm #21 Last Edit: August 22, 2013, 03:55:46 pm by bleudog
Quote from: ricepig on August 22, 2013, 02:43:57 pm
Quote from: bleudog on August 22, 2013, 02:37:37 pm

Good point.  If Samford, UAB and Troy are good enough for Arkansas, they ought to be good enough for Alabama.  All "flagships" should play at least one in-state OOC school game a year if they're regularly playing other teams within in-state schools' conferences.

I think schools should play whom they choose in OOC, or ESPN chooses for them, haha.  I'm guessing you are in favor of a "bill" to force schools to play?

Nope, I'm a proponent of common sense (which in itself is a misnomer as it's not very common).

Again, when Bertman became AD at LSU, their scheduling policy changed.  When Long became AD at Arkansas, Long didn't (or couldn't) change Arkansas' established scheduling policy.

But these are, for the most part, all public/state schools and huge amounts of money come into play.  So politics is already involved in some form or fashion.  ;)

AirWarren

Good lord just put ASu on the schedule one year so we can slap them around good enough to keep their traps shut from here on out!

ricepig

Quote from: AirWarren on August 22, 2013, 04:04:16 pm
Good lord just put ASu on the schedule one year so we can slap them around good enough to keep their traps shut from here on out!
I agree.

Indiana Jones

this

bleudog

Quote from: ricepig on August 22, 2013, 04:09:42 pm
I agree.

Quote from: Indiana Jones on August 22, 2013, 04:53:50 pm
this

Gentlemen, let's not forget UCA when the Hog's forge ahead in this brave new world you three are proposing.  Might as well whoop the Bears as Nicholls State.  ;D

ricepig

Quote from: bleudog on August 22, 2013, 05:05:01 pm

Quote from: ricepig on August 22, 2013, 04:09:42 pm
I agree.

Quote from: Indiana Jones on August 22, 2013, 04:53:50 pm
this

Gentlemen, let's not forget UCA when the Hog's forge ahead in this brave new world you three are proposing.  Might as well whoop the Bears as Nicholls State.  ;D

Why, I've got nothing against them?

Valleysports

ASU is better than ULM...

Well I heard this discussion on the radio this afternoon.  Elite Programs play big non conf games, but that's because they are Elite and invite the National Exposure.  Having USC hang 55 and 65 points on an SEC Team is not the kind of exposure the SEC needs.  Honestly, at this time, I think UA's schedule is more than adequate.  Whoo Pig Sooeee!

CHSTigersFan

I really hate that the LSU game has been taken away from Thanksgiving weekend. I really enjoyed watching the game while my wife was out spending my money.

ricepig

Quote from: Valleysports on August 22, 2013, 07:37:09 pm
ASU is better than ULM...

Well I heard this discussion on the radio this afternoon.  Elite Programs play big non conf games, but that's because they are Elite and invite the National Exposure.  Having USC hang 55 and 65 points on an SEC Team is not the kind of exposure the SEC needs.  Honestly, at this time, I think UA's schedule is more than adequate.  Whoo Pig Sooeee!

I love the way you are "trying" to be a fan, we don't need you. Why don't you concern youself with Wabash or SE Oklahoma, or whomever plays the teams you root for. Three years ago we filleted aTm, but I guess it's changed since they joined the SEC and have a new coach. Only  5 of the too 25 aren't playing a FCS team this year, so I guess a lot of teams are doing it wrong in your eyes.

AirWarren

Heck put ASU, TECH, UAM, UAPB, UCA, Henderson, etc etc on the schedule. Don't care. I just would love for Arkansas to pistol whip them and we will see why they are the REAL D-1, SEC school in this state.

Put ASU, UCA, or TECH in our division of the SEC and they wouldn't win a dang game. Such a ridiculous debate. 

Hoghead

Quote from: AirWarren on August 22, 2013, 09:19:36 pm
Heck put ASU, TECH, UAM, UAPB, UCA, Henderson, etc etc on the schedule. Don't care. I just would love for Arkansas to pistol whip them and we will see why they are the REAL D-1, SEC school in this state.

Put ASU, UCA, or TECH in our division of the SEC and they wouldn't win a dang game. Such a ridiculous debate.

It's not rediculous when Miami plays FAMU, or LSU plays La. Tech, or Virginia plays William & Mary. The Big Schools in these respective states play lower level schools in their on state. But to play ASU's Sun Belt brothers and say ASU has nothing to offer is the really rediculous statement. As bad as this broke and laughed at state needs to play a instate rival I see no need in playing the SAMFORDS of the world.

For crying out loud Arkansas has lost to The Citidel before as a SEC MEMBER ! Play Stanford not Samford, Play ASU instead of ULM. Play ASU in Little Rock every year and move all SEC games to the "HILL". Call it the Arkansas -ASU Kickoff Classic and watch the money roll in.

AirWarren

I'm all for it. I would love to watch Arkansas kick the little sisters of the poor to sleep at WMS every year.

ricepig

Quote from: Hoghead on August 23, 2013, 12:57:02 am

It's not rediculous when Miami plays FAMU, or LSU plays La. Tech, or Virginia plays William & Mary. The Big Schools in these respective states play lower level schools in their on state. But to play ASU's Sun Belt brothers and say ASU has nothing to offer is the really rediculous statement. As bad as this broke and laughed at state needs to play a instate rival I see no need in playing the SAMFORDS of the world.

For crying out loud Arkansas has lost to The Citidel before as a SEC MEMBER ! Play Stanford not Samford, Play ASU instead of ULM. Play ASU in Little Rock every year and move all SEC games to the "HILL". Call it the Arkansas -ASU Kickoff Classic and watch the money roll in.

A sold out stadium is a sold out stadium, no matter who you are playing. How can more money roll in?? I understand they might not selout WMS for Samford this year, but how many times have they not sold out? I never understand the people that say, keep the money in the state, it makes no difference who we pay, or who pays ASU to come pay. Money is money, and as long as it the same or equal amoumt, it stays in the state. I doubt AR is going to pay ASU over a  $1mil to play at WMS, we already lose in excess of $2mil by not playing in Fay.

Valleysports

ASU beat ULM!

You may be correct ricepig, I think it is something that needs to be instilled in you from childhood.  I'll pull for the Hogs, but I think it's too late for me to acquire that true Whooo Pig Sooee mentality.  Texas Tech is a step in the right direction - if the Hogs are going to recruit Texas.   

ricepig

Quote from: Valleysports on August 23, 2013, 06:34:11 am
ASU beat ULM!

You may be correct ricepig, I think it is something that needs to be instilled in you from childhood.  I'll pull for the Hogs, but I think it's too late for me to acquire that true Whooo Pig Sooee mentality.  Texas Tech is a step in the right direction - if the Hogs are going to recruit Texas.   

Well, I went to my first game in 1967, so I've been to a few. I realize that 99% of the time you are just trolling, but I will set you straight when needed, haha.

bleudog

August 23, 2013, 08:34:12 am #36 Last Edit: August 23, 2013, 10:18:42 am by bleudog
Quote from: ricepig on August 23, 2013, 05:16:53 am
Quote from: Hoghead on August 23, 2013, 12:57:02 am

A sold out stadium is a sold out stadium, no matter who you are playing. How can more money roll in?? I understand they might not selout WMS for Samford this year, but how many times have they not sold out? I never understand the people that say, keep the money in the state, it makes no difference who we pay, or who pays ASU to come pay. Money is money, and as long as it the same or equal amoumt, it stays in the state. I doubt AR is going to pay ASU over a  $1mil to play at WMS, we already lose in excess of $2mil by not playing in Fay.

How much is Arkansas paying U La La to come to Fayetteville this year?
How much is Arkansas paying Nicholls to come to Little Rock next year?
How much has Arkansas paid FIU, North Texas, Middle Tennessee, Troy and ULM over recent years?
Why is Arkansas helping conference opponents of in-state schools meet their budgets and compete against in-state schools?

I think a flagship can survive paying one of the fleet money that otherwise would end up in Florida, Alabama, Tennessee, Texas or Louisiana.  The thought that if ASU or UCA some how become stronger, it dilutes Arkansas' fan or recruiting base is what's ridiculous. 

And who cares if the ASU game is a blowout.  SEC vs Sunbelt games are supposed to be blowouts.  Over the years, Arkansas has played 29 games against teams in last year's Sunbelt.  The Hogs won all those games but the 'Shock in the Rock' last year.  And for the Southland, pigs would fly and heck would freeze over if a Southland team ever even came close to a SEC team.  To Arkansas, the ASU/UCA games should be just another buy-a-win.  To ASU/UCA the games would be the opportunity for their fans to discuss that this might be the year lightning strikes.

Oh AW, I don't think FBS teams are allowed play D-II teams.  Arkansas hasn't done that since 1948. ;D

bleudog

August 23, 2013, 09:43:31 am #37 Last Edit: August 23, 2013, 10:12:19 am by bleudog
Quote from: Valleysports on August 23, 2013, 06:34:11 am
ASU beat ULM! ........   

Well Valley, to be fair and balanced, the ULM quarterback who was a one man wrecking crew against the Hogs in WMS last year was injured and didn't play in the ASU game.  ;)

Hey, for the record though, I'm not a NLULM fan and Browning was leading the Warhawks when Ohio beat the bejesus out of them in the Indy Bowl. ;D

ricepig

Arkansas hasn't paid SBC teams the $1mil plus ASU has received from Oregon, and will get from Auburn, USC, TN  etc.  When the contract was first drawn up, I believe it was for $500,000/yr for 5 years?? Of course, it was during the time when FBS schools needed to meet an attendance minimum and we let them take the attendance, it was a good deal for both schools. I think the Hogs paid Jax St/Mo St in the $450,000-650,000 number, too lazy to look it up. ASU and UCA can make more money playing out of state than what ARk will pay at the present time.

bleudog

August 23, 2013, 11:30:13 am #39 Last Edit: August 23, 2013, 01:51:37 pm by bleudog
Quote from: ricepig on August 23, 2013, 10:53:31 am
Arkansas hasn't paid SBC teams the $1mil plus ASU has received from Oregon, and will get from Auburn, USC, TN  etc.  When the contract was first drawn up, I believe it was for $500,000/yr for 5 years?? Of course, it was during the time when FBS schools needed to meet an attendance minimum and we let them take the attendance, it was a good deal for both schools. I think the Hogs paid Jax St/Mo St in the $450,000-650,000 number, too lazy to look it up. ASU and UCA can make more money playing out of state than what ARk will pay at the present time.

Well technically ULM didn't get a million for the 2012 WMS game, but the payout for the last game of the five game series was renegotiated to a market rate of $950,000. ULM got $1,050,000 the next week to take Auburn to OT.

"The Warhawks wore visiting white jerseys Saturday night. They were paid $950,000 for traveling three hours north to a stadium that is Arkansas' longtime second home. But under the terms of an innovative five-game agreement dating to 2004, Louisiana-Monroe counted it as a home game, boosting its attendance averages and helping meet NCAA requirements for Football Bowl Subdivision status......"

"The Warhawks could use the extra cash. Like many other smaller FBS schools, Louisiana-Monroe counts on road games against larger programs for revenue. On Saturday, Louisiana-Monroe will get $1,050,000 for playing at Auburn. The combined $2 million payout provides nearly two-thirds of the school's football budget ($3.1 million in fiscal year 2011, according to financial information reported by the school to the NCAA). By comparison, Arkansas' football budget for 2011 was approximately $24.5 million; Auburn's was $39.1 million."

"The scheduling arrangement with Arkansas provided even more. The teams met five times in Little Rock (2004, '06, '08, '10 and last Saturday; a sixth game, in 2005, was not part ofthe agreement). The deal seemed symbiotic. Arkansas kept the gate receipts and got several non-conference games. Louisiana-Monroe got $500,000 a game (the payout for the final game was renegotiated upward a few months ago when Arkansas needed to move the game to a different date) and counted it as a home game......"

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/sports/ncaaf/sunbelt/story/2012/09/12/louisiana-monroe-benefits-from-arkansas-auburn-games/57752180/1

Valleysports

Are we going to the Playoff System this year or next?  I can't remember how it works - will it be true Playoffs (conference champs, etc) or a Ranked Teams Playoffs?  Thinking of how non-conference games might become a non factor.   

bleudog

August 23, 2013, 03:03:19 pm #41 Last Edit: August 23, 2013, 03:15:15 pm by bleudog
Quote from: Valleysports on August 23, 2013, 02:47:00 pm
Are we going to the Playoff System this year or next?  I can't remember how it works - will it be true Playoffs (conference champs, etc) or a Ranked Teams Playoffs?  Thinking of how non-conference games might become a non factor.   

One more season of what we have now.

Then four playoff participants will be chosen by a committee based on the results of 2014 games.  With four spots and possible multiple selections from one of the Big Five, SOS could very well be a criteria.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NCAA_Division_I_FBS_playoffs

Coach Venny Slocombe

We need to play Arkansas State, but it needs to be played in Fayetteville and nowhere else. After 2 or 3 years of getting skull drug ASU will want out...and NO, we don't need to play it at War Memorial...place is a dump...

Valleysports

Hey good news ricepig - I'm looking at something which is showing future non conference games.

2014/15 Texas Tech
2015/16 TCU
2018/19 Michigan
2021 TEXAS

ricepig

Quote from: Valleysports on August 25, 2013, 07:47:41 am
Hey good news ricepig - I'm looking at something which is showing future non conference games.

2014/15 Texas Tech
2015/16 TCU
2018/19 Michigan
2021 TEXAS

I've told you that before, but you were too hyped up typing some other bs.

Valleysports

Ha ha the last thing I'm usually thought of is hyped up.  So I throw you an Olive Branch and you just snap it in half?  Have your way.

Can you imagine if ASU or UCA had UofA's budget?  Give either a couple of decades to bring a Conference Championship home to the state.  We're not talking a National Championship, just a Conference Championship. 

ricepig

Quote from: Valleysports on August 25, 2013, 10:20:29 am
Ha ha the last thing I'm usually thought of is hyped up.  So I throw you an Olive Branch and you just snap it in half?  Have your way.

Can you imagine if ASU or UCA had UofA's budget?  Give either a couple of decades to bring a Conference Championship home to the state.  We're not talking a National Championship, just a Conference Championship.

What's keeping them, is it because nobody cares? What if K-Mart had WM's money and philosophy, see, anything can be hypothetical. You've never seen me say we were Bama, or LSU, we have a distinct disadvantage in location from recruits, but that doesn't mean I'm not going to support my team.

Lionheart88

ASU has won Sun Belt titles each of the last two years.

ricepig

Quote from: Lionheart88 on August 25, 2013, 01:24:00 pm

ASU has won Sun Belt titles each of the last two years.

He's talking about SEC conference, he's pretty sure money is all that is holding either of them from the BCS championship.

Valleysports

ASU & UCA have won as many SEC Conference Titles as UofA.  Just saying maybe they could get a Conference Championship if they had the same tools to work with.  What's keeping UCA from that budget?  Perhaps just time - they've moved up several levels and budgets, while UofA has been floundering in the SEC the last 21 years.  OK enough is enough - I haven't even seen ASU or UCA play live (well not since I was across the line from UCA).  Stop being so sensitive!  :-*

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas