• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2011-2012 Arkansas Basketball

Started by Romeo, May 19, 2011, 04:22:47 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Romeo

First confirmed game for next season on Dec 3rd as Arkansas will face defending national champion UConn in the BigEast/SEC invitational. 

cav2012

Im excited ...anybody else getting season tickets..I am

Peety

Wow...Uconn? That's pretty impressive

Smithian

Quote from: cav2012 on May 19, 2011, 04:51:24 pm
Im excited ...anybody else getting season tickets..I am
Survived last year, I'll definitely be there this year.

Father Guido

Anderson says we'll get to find out what we've got.  Nothing like jumping into the fire.  Talk about the "Luck of the Draw"  :P   Love Mike's attitude.

Coach Venny Slocombe

For the first time in ten years or so I am Stoked about Razorback basketball...

Romeo

Per recruiting analyst Jerry Meyer, Mike Anderson gets his first commitment. Dederick Lee out of Clarksville has committed to Arkansas. 4 star player, class of 2013.

MA

Dederick committed to Arkansas? Already?? Wow... thats super early... But i'm super excited about it if it is true. Ive seen that kid play a lot over the years and he is an absolute baller! We need to keep an eye on his brothers too! They may be a little undersized but they are very talented. And Mugsy Boughs was their size as a full grown NBA player hahaha That still blows my mind. They will grow tho. Arkansas just needs to round up all the Lee's. That family just keeps spitting out players!

InYoGrill

Quote from: Coach Venny Slocombe on May 20, 2011, 10:49:18 am

Where's your buddy at? ::) I don't see his call name yet on this thread. Oh, he maybe still posting under the Pel for 1 more year thread, LOL!

Coach Venny Slocombe

Quote from: InYoGrill on May 22, 2011, 08:55:44 pm
Quote from: Coach Venny Slocombe on May 20, 2011, 10:49:18 am

Where's your buddy at? ::) I don't see his call name yet on this thread. Oh, he maybe still posting under the Pel for 1 more year thread, LOL!
You mean you don't know? Really? He is currently MA's top assistant at Arkansas...Mike was quoted as saying that nobody in America has his knowledge...lol...

Romeo

UA basketball will lose one scholarship next season due to poor APR rating: http://www.4029tv.com/r/28010809/detail.html

Romeo

Pending approval from the commish, SEC will do away with basketball divisions and seed the tournament 1-12.

Indiana Jones

Quote from: Romeo on June 01, 2011, 03:35:30 pm
Pending approval from the commish, SEC will do away with basketball divisions and seed the tournament 1-12.
good

the top 4 teams should get the buys

Romeo

Glenn Bryant granted release from scholarship.

InYoGrill

Quote from: Romeo on June 04, 2011, 07:03:20 pm
Glenn Bryant granted release from scholarship.

He was one of the few left that I hoped would work well in MA's system. Good luck to the young man.

Brian G

It's been my understanding that there would two released.  GB and one more.  GB was pretty much decided weeks ago.  This next one might surprise a few.

Romeo

Honestly it wouldn't surprise me if anyone on the team decided to transfer. None of them are used to or ready for the level of work and conditioning Anderson expects.

RATTLER43

... and defensive responsibilities demanded of them.

Romeo

Jeff Peterson officially released from scholarship.

zebradynasty

Quote from: Romeo on June 10, 2011, 06:12:39 pm
Jeff Peterson officially released from scholarship.

Not surprising he never seemed comfortable in Pel system (he wasn't the only one) so I doubt he would ever get use to MA's.  Losing Bryant hurts more!

Uncle Ivan

DerekOxford

I had been putting my money on Nobles because I had heard he wasn't having a good attitude towards the conditioning drills, but I guess he's going to tough it out. I also don't see Marvell Waithe staying, but nothing concrete has been heard about him either.

AirWarren

Weed them out if we have to. MA's dynasty starts by building his program with his coaching mentality and attitude.

The ones who truly want to stay and buy into the system will be the ones who drive us back to the top.

Smithian

Quote from: AirWarren on June 12, 2011, 06:18:41 pm
Weed them out if we have to. MA's dynasty starts by building his program with his coaching mentality and attitude.

The ones who truly want to stay and buy into the system will be the ones who drive us back to the top.
Jeff Peterson is a very good guy. Sad to see him good. He isn't leaving for negative reasons... He just is ready to move on in his life. Very smart. Will make bank in the real world.

AirWarren

I wish him the best. Good to see kids open a new chapter in their lives that will lead to prosperity. Good luck to him.

SingleWingGuru

uConn will slobberknock UofA...

but you know what, I'm still gonna do everything in my power to get to this game.

I said uofa wouldn't get any of my money with failfry, but they are gonna get tons of it with MA.

Smithian

Quote from: SingleWingGuru on June 12, 2011, 10:20:04 pmI said uofa wouldn't get any of my money with failfry, but they are gonna get tons of it with MA.
Yay, $20!!!!!!

Romeo

Word is RC has asked for his release. AGAIN

Indiana Jones

Michigan to play in BWA on January 21
http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=6100&ATCLID=205214706

If I'm not mistaken this will be the first Big Ten   team to play in the Bud
we've played Illinois but those were in NLR

DerekOxford

Quote from: Indiana Jones on August 01, 2011, 05:42:44 pm
Michigan to play in BWA on January 21
http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=6100&ATCLID=205214706

If I'm not mistaken this will be the first Big Ten   team to play in the Bud
we've played Illinois but those were in NLR

I believe you are correct. The last time we played Michigan they had ineligible players like Tractor Traylor and Maceo Baston so technically we've won the last two meetings with them.

Romeo

MA definitely scheduling some quality opponents.

Paw-Paw

August 04, 2011, 09:20:31 pm #31 Last Edit: September 20, 2011, 10:36:50 pm by Paw-Paw
Mike Anderson is already making a splash. Glad to have him, but I hope the players can sow now and reap a huge harvest come conference play! Mike Knows what he's doing so call those Hogs LOUD & PROUD IN NWA!!

DerekOxford

I'm pretty sure they've set October 14 as the date for Midnight Madness.

Romeo

More confirmed non-conference games:

11/11: South Carolina Upstate
11/30: Mississippi Valley State

Romeo

Mike Anderson picks up a commitment today for LR Hall forward Bobby Portis 6-8, 205. Listed as a four star player on scout.

Ty

Quote from: Romeo on August 06, 2011, 06:34:15 pm
Mike Anderson picks up a commitment today for LR Hall forward Bobby Portis 6-8, 205. Listed as a four star player on scout.

Extremely long and runs the floor pretty well. He'll fit the system.

Romeo

Indiana Jones

Romeo

August 18, 2011, 03:54:42 pm #38 Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 04:16:00 pm by Romeo
Full schedule released: http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/SportSelect.dbml?&DB_OEM_ID=6100&SPID=2421&SPSID=30748

Key conference games:
Conf opener: Jan 7 vs. Mississippi State
Jan 17 at Kentucky
Pelphrey returns: Feb 18 vs. Florida

Indiana Jones

6 national TV games

not bad at all

the Michigan games has  CBS written all over it
I doubt the game at Oklahoma will be national but who knows

Romeo

Oklahoma game will probably be on the razorback network.

AirWarren

So ready for the Anderson era to begin!

Smithian

This will be a fun season. My friends and I made the trip to every home game but one last season(plus TAMU game in Dallas) so it will be fun doing it again but in a jam packed arena this season.

Can't wait.

Brian G

Quote from: Smithian on August 18, 2011, 11:32:34 pm
This will be a fun season. My friends and I made the trip to every home game but one last season(plus TAMU game in Dallas) so it will be fun doing it again but in a jam packed arena this season.

Can't wait.

Football.

Smithian

Obviously will be at football again this season.

And if anyone steals food out of my hands like last season, we may have issues. I have a tendency to get aggressive when my food is threatened.

SingleWingGuru

Quote from: Smithian on June 13, 2011, 01:29:36 am
Quote from: SingleWingGuru on June 12, 2011, 10:20:04 pmI said uofa wouldn't get any of my money with failfry, but they are gonna get tons of it with MA.
Yay, $20!!!!!!

False.

Today I bought private season tickets.  $6,000... gonna be lots of wining and dining. WOOT.

Romeo

Romeo

Archie Goodwin just announced on twitter that he's thinking about making his decision in a week or two rather than next spring. Not sure if its a good thing or bad thing. Arkansas had a in-home visit last Friday. Memphis visited him today. Kentucky is visiting him tomorrow.

Romeo

Twitter from Archie Goodwin tonight indicates he may announce a decision tomorrow.

Brian G

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas