• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

4-4A District Tourament at Dardanelle

Started by mountainman, February 16, 2015, 02:10:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

mountainman

dodger

February 16, 2015, 02:28:58 pm #1 Last Edit: February 16, 2015, 02:35:18 pm by dodger
Weather permitting for the boys:
Monday:
5-Dover v 8-Clinton 4:30
6-Robinson v 7-Ozark 7:30

Tuesday:
3-Pottsville v Robinson/Ozark winner 5:30
4-Dardanelle v Dover/Clinton winner 8:30

Thursday:
1-Arkansas Baptist v Dardanelle/Dover/Clinton 5:30
2-Subiaco Academy v Pottsville/Robinson/Ozark 8:30

Saturday:
Championship 8:30

dodger

Girls bracket weather permitting:
Monday:
6-Dover vs. 7-Dardanelle 6:00

Tuesday:
3-Clinton vs. Dover/Dardanelle winner 4:00
4-Arkansas Baptist vs. Robinson 7:00

Thursday:
1-Ozark vs. Arkansas Baptist/Robinson winner 4:00
2-Pottsville vs. Clinton/Dover/Dardanelle 7:00

Saturday:
Championship game 6:00

dodger

mountainman

dodger

New schedule after weather issues.  Straight through Wednesday through Saturday with no breaks.

BOYS:
Wednesday:
5-Dover vs. 8-Clinton 4:30
6-Robinson vs. 7-Ozark 7:30

Thursday:
3-Pottsville vs. Robinson/Ozark winner 5:30
4-Dardanelle vs. Dover/Clinton winner 8:30

Friday:
1-Arkansas Baptist vs. Dardanelle/Dover/Clinton 5:30
2-Subiaco Academy vs. Pottsville/Robinson/Ozark 8:30

Saturday:
Championship 8:30

GIRLS:
Wednesday:

Thursday:

Friday:

Saturday:

StevenGlen

Dover, Clinton, and Ozark have all cancelled school for today.  It is possible that there will have to be another schedule change.  My understanding is the decisions on today's games will be made shortly after noon.  The main roads here in Pope and Yell counties are mostly clear, however that is not the case for northern Pope County, Johnson, and Franklin counties.  I suspect the roads in and around Clinton are not very good today. 

mountainman

The games are moved to tomorrow same time

StevenGlen

Quote from: mountainman on February 18, 2015, 11:10:40 am
The games are moved to tomorrow same time

Right as far as you go.  All games are backed up one day, except the Championship Games will be played on Monday.

LRRandy

This weather is killing me. I'm ready to watch some tournament basketball

dodger

Update #3 on brackets after the latest postponement. Frustrating because there's nothing on the road or ground in most of Pope or Yell County.

BOYS:
Thursday:
5-Dover vs. 8-Clinton 4:30
6-Robinson vs. 7-Ozark 7:30

Friday:
3-Pottsville vs. Robinson/Ozark winner 5:30
4-Dardanelle vs. Dover/Clinton winner 8:30

Saturday:
1-Arkansas Baptist vs. Dardanelle/Dover/Clinton 5:30
2-Subiaco Academy vs. Pottsville/Robinson/Ozark 8:30

Monday:
Championship 7:30

GIRLS:
Thursday:

Friday:

Saturday:

Monday:

StevenGlen

Quote from: LRRandy on February 18, 2015, 01:39:46 pm

I'm with you LRRandy, and now I see we have another Winter Storm Watch.....

think

Quote from: LRRandy on February 18, 2015, 01:39:46 pm

The 7-4a district starts tonight at Bauxite. Gonna try and catch a couple games.

WattsOzark

Anyone have results for the early games today?

SouthpawSensation

Boys: Dover 52, Clinton 41. That's all I've seen so far.

The Coach

WattsOzark

StevenGlen

Just a morning update from this part of the State.  So far in Pottsville we have had zero precipitation this morning, that is as of 10:00 am.  For those reading this who may not know, if you throw a rock real hard from the Pottsville Campus you can hit the Dardanelle Gym.  Ok, that is not fully accurate but the two schools and towns are quite close. 

SouthpawSensation

WattsOzark

PASS

AB girls over Robinson 43-33. Game wasn't as close as final score. Saturdays girls games:

4 pm AB vs Ozark
7 pm Clinton vs Pottsville

The Coach

Rob Van Winkle

Dover was up 3 at half and had. 3-4 point lead with 6 left in the 3rd and Dardenelle's best player picked up his 3rd foul and came out. Dover couldn't take advantage and the lizards actually led by 1 at the end of the 3rd with Luster on the bench. He came in to start the 4th quarter and just took over. Kid can play!

Give credit to the lizards coach and players for stepping up and making plays. Dover just couldn't buy a bucket in the 3rd quarter. Those kids play hard the entire game.

WattsOzark

LRRandy

oldtimeeagle

LRRandy

Quote from: oldtimeeagle on February 21, 2015, 06:54:36 pm
Is that AB Dardanelle score a final?
yes final.
Dardanelle executed a slow down offense perfectly ( boringly ) in the first half. Their great player # 3 went 4-4 from 3 as Dardanelle went into the half up 14-13.

# 3 went cold in the second half from distance but had three athletic drives to the basket. That kid is a really good player.
AB executed in the final 2 minutes and made a few free throws to win by 5.

Basketball97

I don't know the score but Subiaco defeated Ozark and will play AB on Monday.

LRRandy

Quote from: Basketball97 on February 22, 2015, 09:09:54 am
I don't know the score but Subiaco defeated Ozark and will play AB on Monday.
Subiaco won by 14. 49-35.

LRRandy

Arkansas Baptist cancelled school for Monday and can't play in the tournament championship game. Region starts Wednesday. Do they just keep seed from district tournament for regional tourney?

The Coach

Quote from: LRRandy on February 22, 2015, 07:33:10 pm
Arkansas Baptist cancelled school for Monday and can't play in the tournament championship game. Region starts Wednesday. Do they just keep seed from district tournament for regional tourney?

Dardanelle is out on Monday and is supposed to decide by noon about the game but if Baptist can't play I guess that makes the choice easy. It's either play Tuesday or go by the district seeding I would guess. My preference would be not to play Tuesday if I was the coach only to play regionals on Wednesday.

LRRandy

Quote from: The Coach on February 22, 2015, 08:32:55 pm
Quote from: LRRandy on February 22, 2015, 07:33:10 pm

Dardanelle is out on Monday and is supposed to decide by noon about the game but if Baptist can't play I guess that makes the choice easy. It's either play Tuesday or go by the district seeding I would guess. My preference would be not to play Tuesday if I was the coach only to play regionals on Wednesday.
i have been told that there will be no game and AB will be the 1 seed and Subiaco will be the 2 seed for regional tournament. AB plays the number 4 from conference 1-4a Wednesday at 8:30.

The Coach

February 23, 2015, 12:30:46 am #32 Last Edit: February 23, 2015, 12:36:54 am by The Coach
Hadn't heard that  but it makes since

StevenGlen

LrRandy I can confirm that today's games are called off in Dardanelle.  Dardanelle and Pottsville both did not have school today, and it is again snowing with a chance of 3 inches.  I just heard from Pottsville AD Chance Johnson that the final games are called off.  AB will be the 1 seed on the boys side with Subiaco being the two seed.  On the girls side Ozark will be the one seed and Pottsville the second seed.  I'm working from memory on the bracket so I'm sorry but I don't recall the three and four seeds.  I'll bet it will be up quickly in the North Regional tournament thread.

LRRandy

February 24, 2015, 11:16:52 am #34 Last Edit: February 24, 2015, 11:50:16 am by LRRandy
Quote from: StevenGlen on February 23, 2015, 11:29:50 am
LrRandy I can confirm that today's games are called off in Dardanelle.  Dardanelle and Pottsville both did not have school today, and it is again snowing with a chance of 3 inches.  I just heard from Pottsville AD Chance Johnson that the final games are called off.  AB will be the 1 seed on the boys side with Subiaco being the two seed.  On the girls side Ozark will be the one seed and Pottsville the second seed.  I'm working from memory on the bracket so I'm sorry but I don't recall the three and four seeds.  I'll bet it will be up quickly in the North Regional tournament thread.
is there a link to a site that has the brackets filled in? The link above shows game times and seeds but not school names.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas