• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

ECS vs. Arkansas Baptist

Started by WildcatGrandpa13, February 13, 2015, 11:49:23 am

Previous topic - Next topic

WildcatGrandpa13

Arkansas Baptist heads to downtown LR this Saturday to play the ECS Wildcats in a Valentine's Day showdown. All I know about AB is that their 7 foot freshman is pretty good. Anyone from AB or who has played AB have a prediction on this game?

LRRandy

I think it will be a good test for AB. I'm curious to see how they play against such an athletic team as ECS. I believe AB can win. I really don't have a prediction and am excited about watching the game. Win or lose it should be a good tune up for tourney time.

eaglefan200

I think this game will be a great challenge for AB, who walked through conference relatively unchallenged. Win or lose, hopefully win, it will do a great job of getting us ready to face some of the more athletic teams in the state tournament, such as Helena and Monticello.

neds

Not a lot of confidence from the AR Baptist side

LRRandy

Final

ECS 57
AB 46

AB down 9 at half pulled to 37-35 with 1 minute left in third qurtr.
ECS surged forward and AB couldn't get closer than 5 the rest of the way.
5 athletic and skilled players for ECS really challenges you. They shoot well from behind the arc and cut to he hole quick and feed each other for easy baskets. The press bothered AB early and could not pull out of a 13 point hole. AB went 4/15 from the free throw line but the real story was the easy layups on cuts to the basket.
My hope is this prepares AB for post season. That was a tough loss but that was the best team AB has faced since El Dorado in December.

cdelaney

BoxNOne

Where are both ECS and Arkansas Baptist located in Little Rock area?

think

ECS is across from Dillard's Corporate on Cantrell. AB is on Cantrell (Hwy 10) a few miles west of 430.

cdelaney

Quote from: BoxNOne on February 18, 2015, 04:52:24 pm
Where are both ECS and Arkansas Baptist located in Little Rock area?
ECS near downtown, right across the tracks from Train Station and State Capitol bldg, on Cantrell Rd, the Dillards corporate office is directly across Cantrell.
AB is also on Cantrell, but about 8-10 miles to the west, several miles west of where I-430 crosses Cantrell.
I guess I am curious as to why you asked?

BoxNOne

Just curiosity. I've been to Little Rock enough to know where you are talking about.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas