• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

4A East Region @ Trumann

Started by Uncle Tupelo, February 10, 2015, 01:32:43 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Uncle Tupelo

Riverview girls up 55-44. 45 seconds left in the game.

NEA Razorback olfan

NEA Razorback olfan

NEA Razorback olfan

NEA Razorback olfan

NEA Razorback olfan

pv bb fan

NEA Razorback olfan

February 27, 2015, 10:12:31 pm #57 Last Edit: February 27, 2015, 10:15:43 pm by NEA Razorback olfan
Highland won
Westside was up on CAC by 19 at half
Westside won 84-63

NEA Razorback olfan

3rd place games

12:00 Pocahontas vs CAC Girls
1:30.  Brookland vs CAC Boys

Championship

6:00 Brookland vs Riverview Girls
7:30  Highland vs Westside  Boys

Bearcat4life

Quote from: NEA Razorback olfan on February 27, 2015, 10:27:50 pm
3rd place games

12:00 Pocahontas vs CAC Girls
1:30.  Brookland vs CAC Boys

Championship

6:00 Brookland vs Riverview Girls
7:30  Highland vs Westside  Boys

Games postponed until Monday.  Games will be played at 4:00, 5:30, 7:00 & 8:30

Uncle Tupelo

mom18

Quote from: NEA Razorback olfan on February 26, 2015, 07:03:19 pm
Highland 64
Helena 60
Final

ASU commit Avery Johnson was a beast tonight for Highland
This was a surprise!!

mom18

HowlKing1721

Highland got snowed in I believe. I don't know of any other reason why they would postpone it. Probably a good thing for Highland. 3 games in 3 days is tough on the body.

NEA Razorback olfan

Highland is playing some great ball right now, Westside is also !!
Best I have seen them play all year!!

HowlKing1721

4A-3 respresented well on the guys side. Brookland and CAC will be a close game and I think the championship game will be a good one too. Thought Riverview and Helena would be a lot better than what they showed.

HowlKing1721

So out of this region who does everyone think has a shot at contending for a title?

the realist

I know refs are assigned to events according to regions but I just feel that once it's tournament time then that should be changed. Anyone that is honest will admit that refs have tendencies to be partial towards teams and coaches that they are familiar with. Just my opinion....

Bearcatparent

I wondered how long it would take for officiating to be brought up. I will be one of the first to say that the officiating has been in consistant at best but every team had to play with the same officials and it has been this way probably all year in everyones district. This is exactly how it was last year in Clinton when it was in the 4A-2 and the 4A-3 teams thought they got bad calls. Every team could say they had some bad calls and it is even tougher if it was a close game. I will agree that there should be officials at the regional represented by each district/conference. What I think happens is that teams play for a select group of officials through the year and get accustom to being able to play a certain way and then go out of that area and can't adjust enough to the calling style. That is why good teams/coaches are able to adjust their style and move on. That is the one thing I hate to see is an official or officials change the outcome of a came when the kids are playing so hard and have played all year to get to the same goal, a championship. Unfortunately there is little to nothing that any of us can do to keep this from happening. Either way, Good luck to all the teams from the East Region. I think there is a legit chance for the girls and boys State Champion to be out of our region.   

mom18

Quote from: HowlKing1721 on February 28, 2015, 11:00:53 pm
So out of this region who does everyone think has a shot at contending for a title?

No one.

the realist

I'll say Riverview, Brookland, or CAC girls are all very good and can win on any given day.

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: the realist on March 01, 2015, 03:41:12 pm
I'll say Riverview, Brookland, or CAC girls are all very good and can win on any given day.

I Agree, there is a lot of talent in the East Region, I'm impressed with a lot of teams I've seen play at Regionals,Pokey,  Riverview , CAC girls , are extremely tough, on the boys side I believe Riverview ,Pocahontas , or Helena could have made a deep run but was upset,  Whoever can get hot at the right time makes all the difference!!
Good luck to all the East Teams at State!!!

HowlKing1721

Highland has been playing at a high level as of late. The Johnson kid has played like a man possessed this tournament. They will be a tough draw for anybody.

Brookland will always have a chance because of how great their defense is. They have been really stale on offense lately but that can always change.

CAC is probably the most athletic team coming out of the region. They can score in bunches when hot and will be a tough out in my opinion at state.

Westside has been the best offensively in the tournament. They scored 84 against CAC and won both of their games by 18 or more. The talent they have on offense is going to be hard to stop. I think they have the best shot of making a deep run. Their only problem is on the defensive end but if they keep scoring like they have been it won't matter.

mom18

Riverview girls will go further than anyone from this region.

Uncle Tupelo

Are the road conditions good enough for all the teams to make it to Trumann today?  I heard Pocahontas may have received a dusting of snow.

NEA Razorback olfan

I haven't heard of any cancellations

Uncle Tupelo

Girls consolation

CAC 45
Pocahontas 39

NEA Razorback olfan

NEA Razorback olfan

NEA Razorback olfan

Girls
Brookland 26
Riverview 34
Half

oldtimeeagle

Any final from Riverview-Brookland or Highland-Westside boys?

Bearcatparent

Brookland 54
Riverview 72
Final

Westside was up on Highland by about 15 at halftime.

NEA Razorback olfan

NEA Razorback olfan

Seeds
Boys
1 Westside
2 Highland
3 Brookland
4 CAC

Girls
1 Riverview
2 Brookland
3 CAC
4 Pocahontas

NEA Razorback olfan

Closing remarks , Thanks for Trumann for doing such a wonderful job hosting the East Region, really nice gym, with plenty of seating and parking.
I really got to see some very good games at Regionals , and the parents and fans from all the schools were first class, I wish all the East Teams safe Travels and the best of luck at Ozark!!!

Bulldog92

Quote from: NEA Razorback olfan on March 03, 2015, 04:00:03 pm
Closing remarks , Thanks for Trumann for doing such a wonderful job hosting the East Region, really nice gym, with plenty of seating and parking.
I really got to see some very good games at Regionals , and the parents and fans from all the schools were first class, I wish all the East Teams safe Travels and the best of luck at Ozark!!!
Are you going to make it over for the tournament?

elvis26

;D thanks nea!!!!!!!!!! we enjoyed having it!!!!!!!!! good luck to all the teams at Ozark this week!!!!!!!!!

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: Bulldog92 on March 03, 2015, 04:01:21 pm

Bulldog92 ,
No I can't make it to state this year , I'll be pulling for our Brookland teams, I hear Star City has a great team, wish I could see y'all play!!
Riverview had an excellent game vs our girls last night,they shot lights out , they will be tough, I believe they are on y'all's side of the Bracket

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: elvis26 on March 03, 2015, 04:03:28 pm
;D thanks nea!!!!!!!!!! we enjoyed having it!!!!!!!!! good luck to all the teams at Ozark this week!!!!!!!!!

I heard nothing but great things, Thank You!!!

Bulldog92

Quote from: NEA Razorback olfan on March 03, 2015, 04:11:07 pm

Bulldog92 ,
No I can't make it to state this year , I'll be pulling for our Brookland teams, I hear Star City has a great team, wish I could see y'all play!!
Riverview had an excellent game vs our girls last night,they shot lights out , they will be tough, I believe they are on y'all's side of the Bracket
Yeah our first game could be against CAC and if we get passed them we should have Riverview in the Semi's. Definitely won't be an easy path for anyone on the top side!!  Hope the LadyDogs bring their A-Game cause we are going to need it with the level of competition in the State Tournament this year. Should be some great ballgames. Safe travels to all heading that way tomorrow!!

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: Bulldog92 on March 03, 2015, 09:14:57 pm
Quote from: NEA Razorback olfan on March 03, 2015, 04:11:07 pm

Safe travels and Good Luck!!!

Bulldog92 ,
Yeah our first game could be against CAC and if we get passed them we should have Riverview in the Semi's. Definitely won't be an easy path for anyone on the top side!!  Hope the LadyDogs bring their A-Game cause we are going to need it with the level of competition in the State Tournament this year. Should be some great ballgames. Safe travels to all heading that way tomorrow!!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas