• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

4A North Region @ Pottsville

Started by Uncle Tupelo, February 10, 2015, 01:31:54 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Uncle Tupelo

February 10, 2015, 01:31:54 pm Last Edit: February 10, 2015, 01:47:17 pm by Uncle Tupelo
North Region Info

Ole Legend

1-4A boys seeds for the regional
1. Huntsville
2. Pea Ridge
3. Prairie Grove
4. Lincoln

The Coach

Since I'm not sure the district finals will be played for the 4-4A I'm assuming this will be how they're seeded for regionals. Please correct if I'm wrong.

boys
1. AB
2. Subi
3. Dardy
4. Ozark

Girls:
1. Ozark
2. Pottsville
3. Clinton?
4. AB?

StevenGlen

"The Coach" I can confirm that the 4-4A Regional Tournament in Dardanelle has been canceled.  I believe your seeding list is accurate although I'm not 100% positive on AB and Clinton on the girls side. 

WattsOzark

That was the  finish in regular season.

OldTimeCager

So on the boys side, is this correct?

#1 Huntsville vs. #4 Ozark - Wed. @ 5:30
#2 Pea Ridge vs. #3 Dardanelle - Thurs. @ 8:30
#3 Prairie Grove vs. #2 Subiaco - Thurs. @ 5:30
#4 Lincoln vs. #1 Arkansas Baptist - Wed. @ 8:30

leaglebb

Girls:
Huntsville vs Clinton Thursday 7pm

Bulldog92

Quote from: OldTimeCager on February 23, 2015, 01:00:18 pm
So on the boys side, is this correct?

#1 Huntsville vs. #4 Ozark - Wed. @ 5:30
#2 Pea Ridge vs. #3 Dardanelle - Thurs. @ 8:30
#3 Prairie Grove vs. #2 Subiaco - Thurs. @ 5:30
#4 Lincoln vs. #1 Arkansas Baptist - Wed. @ 8:30
How about the girls side?

arthurhawgerelli

Quote from: The Coach on February 23, 2015, 12:33:58 am
Since I'm not sure the district finals will be played for the 4-4A I'm assuming this will be how they're seeded for regionals. Please correct if I'm wrong.

boys
1. AB
2. Subi
3. Dardy
4. Ozark

Girls:
1. Ozark
2. Pottsville
3. Clinton?
4. AB?

That's right.

channing

Should be some close exciting ball games in Pottsville. Heres some go to the bank predictions.
Boys ;   
Huntsville over Ozark            52-41
Ark Baptist over Lincoln         51-39
Subiaco  over Prairie Grove    55-44
Pea Ridge over Dardanelle      50-48

StevenGlen

Quote from: channing on February 24, 2015, 01:26:04 pm
Should be some close exciting ball games in Pottsville. Heres some go to the bank predictions.
Boys ;   

I don't disagree on any of your picks for who is going to win each of these games.  I think Pea Ridge may have a wider margin over Dardanelle and the Subiaco game will be closer against Prairie Grove.   

channing

I believe Dardanelles quickness will give PR alot of trouble, Its really interesting this time of year because there are some unknowns when it comes to match ups. Generally at this stage guard play and coaching seem to be of utmost importance in advancing on.

channing

Quote from: StevenGlen on February 25, 2015, 08:55:24 am
Quote from: channing on February 24, 2015, 01:26:04 pm
Boys ;   

I don't disagree on any of your picks for who is going to win each of these games.  I think Pea Ridge may have a wider margin over Dardanelle and the Subiaco game will be closer against Prairie Grove.   
Having only seen Subi early in the year and hearing about them they seem to be pretty athletic, what is the low down on them ?

Ole Legend

Quote from: channing on February 25, 2015, 09:55:43 am
I believe Dardanelles quickness will give PR alot of trouble, Its really interesting this time of year because there are some unknowns when it comes to match ups. Generally at this stage guard play and coaching seem to be of utmost importance in advancing on.

Pea Ridge has good guard play and good coaching. Same with Huntsville.

channing

Quote from: Ole Legend on February 25, 2015, 10:30:00 am
Quote from: channing on February 25, 2015, 09:55:43 am

Pea Ridge has good guard play and good coaching. Same with Huntsville.
Agree 100%

razorsharp94

Boys
Huntsville over Ozark
Subiaco over Prairie Grove
Arkansas Baptist over Lincoln
Pea Ridge over Dardanelle

Friday
Huntsville over Subiaco
Arkansas Baptist over Pea Ridge

Saturday
Subiaco over Pea Ridge
Arkansas Baptist over Huntsville

Girls
Prairie Grove over Arkansas Baptist
Pottsville over Berryville
Ozark over Gentry
Huntsville over Clinton

Friday
Prairie Grove over Pottsville
Ozark over Huntsville

Saturday
Pottsville over Huntsville
Ozark over Prairie Grove

Rationale:
Arkansas Baptist's 7 footers are going to be a tough matchup for anybody they see.  Lincoln has a 6'9" kid (more like 6'7") other than that there isn't anybody that tall on any other team.  I think Huntsville is going to be a good matchup for them but AB might be battle tested enough according to their preconference schedule to win.  The third place game is a toss up for me.  I went with Subi but I think Pea Ridge can win that game.

Girls:
The two most talented teams are Ozark and Huntsville.  Prairie Grove will not wow you with talent, but they make you earn everything.  That semifinal matchup between Huntsville and Ozark should be good.  I think Pottsville vs Prairie Grove will also be good Pottsville could take advantage of their home court advantage to advance to the finals.  I picked Ozark because I think they probably are the best team but I could see Huntsville beating them.  In the third place game it will be interesting because Huntsville beat Pottsville by 3 already this year but blew a huge third quarter lead against them.  I picked Pottsville because they are playing them the second time around and on their home court.  Should be a great regional and I could be proven very wrong before it's over. 

StevenGlen

[/quote] Having only seen Subi early in the year and hearing about them they seem to be pretty athletic, what is the low down on them ?
[/quote]

Subiaco is very athletic but in my opinion I do not think they have put everything together and gotten the most out of that ability.  Sometimes it seems like not everyone is on the same page when Subi is on offense.  If they do ever get together the entire sum of their talent they could make a long deep run.  I've seen them 4 times and it hasn't happened yet. 

think

~WPS~

Girls
Prairie Grove 28
Ark Baptist 18
Halftime

~WPS~

Girls
Prairie Grove 43
Ark Baptist 27
Final

MA

Quote from: razorsharp94 on February 25, 2015, 02:19:24 pm
Boys
Huntsville over Ozark
Subiaco over Prairie Grove
Arkansas Baptist over Lincoln
Pea Ridge over Dardanelle

Friday
Huntsville over Subiaco
Arkansas Baptist over Pea Ridge

Saturday
Subiaco over Pea Ridge
Arkansas Baptist over Huntsville

Girls
Prairie Grove over Arkansas Baptist
Pottsville over Berryville
Ozark over Gentry
Huntsville over Clinton

Friday
Prairie Grove over Pottsville
Ozark over Huntsville

Saturday
Pottsville over Huntsville
Ozark over Prairie Grove

Rationale:
Arkansas Baptist's 7 footers are going to be a tough matchup for anybody they see.  Lincoln has a 6'9" kid (more like 6'7") other than that there isn't anybody that tall on any other team.  I think Huntsville is going to be a good matchup for them but AB might be battle tested enough according to their preconference schedule to win.  The third place game is a toss up for me.  I went with Subi but I think Pea Ridge can win that game.

Girls:
The two most talented teams are Ozark and Huntsville.  Prairie Grove will not wow you with talent, but they make you earn everything.  That semifinal matchup between Huntsville and Ozark should be good.  I think Pottsville vs Prairie Grove will also be good Pottsville could take advantage of their home court advantage to advance to the finals.  I picked Ozark because I think they probably are the best team but I could see Huntsville beating them.  In the third place game it will be interesting because Huntsville beat Pottsville by 3 already this year but blew a huge third quarter lead against them.  I picked Pottsville because they are playing them the second time around and on their home court.  Should be a great regional and I could be proven very wrong before it's over.

You ought to bring a tape measure to the game tonight lol Goldman is actually a tad over 6'9. Nonetheless... A great player going against two monsters. Should be the most interesting single matchup in the 4A.

StevenGlen

Big props for Huntsville's student section. They are here in force and they are LOUD.

~WPS~

~WPS~

~WPS~

LRRandy

oldballer

After seeing the AB - Lincoln game I think Huntsville will have a great shot to beat AB. The 2 big boys stay inside on defense and protect the rim, but AB is going to run into trouble against a team that is athletic and has multiple players that can shoot the 3 or penetrate. If anyone can go to a solid 5 out and make the big boys have to guard someone quicker that can shoot they will be in trouble.

mountainman

Channing----you were close on the Ark Baptist---Lincoln game with your prediction of 51--39 the final score was 52----39

mountainman

Channing I'm with you on the Dardanelle---Pea Ridge.-- The little # 3 for Dardanelle one person can't stop him from scoring. He is one good player.

channing

Quote from: mountainman on February 25, 2015, 10:10:02 pm
Channing----you were close on the Ark Baptist---Lincoln game with your prediction of 51--39 the final score was 52----39
Thanks for acknowledging my predictions, you guys should go to Vegas with me,  I was all over those 2 boys games, I'll expect after today's games to get more props and love from everyone for going 4-0 on the opening round .

BIG_K

Girls
Pottsville 30
Berryville 16
Half

pv bb fan

Pottsville  63   Berryville  36   final

WPWells

oldtimeeagle

Anyone with an update on Pea Ridge & Dardanelle.

WPWells

Pea Ridge 41
Dardanelle 32
Start of the fourth

LRRandy

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on February 26, 2015, 06:49:25 pm
Subiaco 70 Prairie Grove 39
wow. Beat down. Subi is tough. They must have been on from 3. They can be streaky. Obviously tonight was the good side if streaky.

WPWells

LRRandy

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on February 26, 2015, 09:52:44 pm
Dardanelle over Pea Ridge 54-50
really. Great comeback. Lester (#3) is hard to stop. Was it in fact him? AB faces Dardanelle for the 4th time tomorrow.

WPWells

No idea. All these scores are from Twitter

LRRandy

The Coach

Quote from: LRRandy on February 26, 2015, 09:57:30 pm
Quote from: 12th Man CHS on February 26, 2015, 09:52:44 pm
Dardanelle over Pea Ridge 54-50
really. Great comeback. Lester (#3) is hard to stop. Was it in fact him? AB faces Dardanelle for the 4th time tomorrow.

Yes it was him that hit the go ahead 3

mountainman

yes # 3 hit the three to put Dardanelle by one with about 20 sec. P R drove down the court and made a layup but one of the other player grab the net and they called offensive goaltending Dardenelle ball with 16 sec. PR fouls # 3 he hit both of them. PR misses a three fouls 3 sec Dardenelle hits one free shot thats the ballgame. It was a great game to watch.

leaglebb

girls:

Huntsville 67
Clinton     38

Final

Ole Legend

Quote from: mountainman on February 26, 2015, 10:52:30 pm
yes # 3 hit the three to put Dardanelle by one with about 20 sec. P R drove down the court and made a layup but one of the other player grab the net and they called offensive goaltending Dardenelle ball with 16 sec. PR fouls # 3 he hit both of them. PR misses a three fouls 3 sec Dardenelle hits one free shot thats the ballgame. It was a great game to watch.

They also called a charge on that play when PR drove in and scored. The refs decided the game in the fourth.

The Coach

February 26, 2015, 11:42:16 pm #44 Last Edit: February 26, 2015, 11:46:23 pm by The Coach
refs had nothing to do with PR losing this game.
Better team made the plays down the stretch. Give credit where it's do.
Dardanelle pressure got to PR and allowed for the comeback and ultimately the win for them

OldTimeCager

Early season predictions were correct for the 1-4A.  Only 1 team made it out of regionals and it was a team that wasn't in the league last year.  The league was way down from last year.

Ole Legend

Quote from: The Coach on February 26, 2015, 11:42:16 pm
Dardanelle pressure got to PR and allowed for the comeback and ultimately the win for them

There were 3 calls in the last 2 minutes that were terrible. All 3 calls took away lay ups and free throws from PR. 2 charge calls in a row.

TC2

From someone with a neutral perspective.... The officiating was fine. Pea Ridge just got tired and suffered from sloppy play in the 4th qtr.

pv bb fan

Quote from: Feral Man on February 27, 2015, 11:49:22 am
Quote from: The Coach on February 26, 2015, 11:42:16 pm
Two charge calls and Pea Ridge kids getting knocked to the floor when Dardenelle was pressing made the difference. When the Lizards crowd got going, the refs were persuaded to go that way. Pea Ridge is 20 pts better but they played bad and got screwed. I give credit to Dardenelle for not folding.
Pea Ridge got out played and hustled last 5 minutes period. Refs were fine!!!! Give credit to Lizards    good job lizards

Batman44

From an outsider looking in, I would say PR got hosed. It may be the rule, but goaltending for touching the net? Give me a break!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas