• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

4- 4A BOYS

Started by mountainman, January 26, 2015, 01:18:58 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

mountainman

What is the conference standing in 4-4A anyone know?

NoSize

AB      8-0
Subiaco   6-2
Pottsville    4-4
Dover      4-4
Robinson   3-4*
Dardanelle   3-4*
Ozark      2-6
Clinton   1-7

* Score for 1/23 Dardanell vs Robinson is unknown

LRRandy

Really excited for the stretch run.

WattsOzark

Dover is at Ozark today.

LRRandy

AB plays at Clinton tonight

Jacketman65

I'm real curious about these two 7 footers from AB.  I think the tallest, 7'2" is only a 9th grader.

LRRandy

Quote from: Jacketman65 on January 27, 2015, 09:14:29 am
I'm real curious about these two 7 footers from AB.  I think the tallest, 7'2" is only a 9th grader.
Connor Vanover is in fact a freshman. He is 7'2" with a shooting touch. He can make the three point shot at a good % and has a great mid range shot.
Brandon Vanover is a 7'0" junior that has good moves in the post.
The starting guards are junior twin brothers Corey and Chad McGinogal. Both tough, gritty players that can shoot and go to the basket. This is a  team that will not lose any production to graduation as the only seniors on the team really don't play much. It has been and should continue to be a fun ride following this group of players at Arkansas  Baptist.

arkhoops94

Baptist is tough. Hard to beat them with size like that around the rim. From what I see, Subiaco and Ozark have been the closest to beating them. Ozark is struggling in conference, a starter for them got hurt early on in the season that was a scorer for them. Dardenelle has a point guard that is a playmaker and a high volume scorer, they might sneak into the top 4. Robinson uses their speed and physicality to beat teams, but doesn't play well on the road. Baptist should win the conference, but you never know in this conference. Ozark is at the bottom and they only lost to AB by 1. Subi went into OT. Pottsville has a good chance of beating them too. Anybody can beat anybody.
Dardenelle beat Robinson by 25 I think

LRRandy

Quote from: arkhoops94 on January 27, 2015, 11:58:33 am
Baptist is tough. Hard to beat them with size like that around the rim. From what I see, Subiaco and Ozark have been the closest to beating them. Ozark is struggling in conference, a starter for them got hurt early on in the season that was a scorer for them. Dardenelle has a point guard that is a playmaker and a high volume scorer, they might sneak into the top 4. Robinson uses their speed and physicality to beat teams, but doesn't play well on the road. Baptist should win the conference, but you never know in this conference. Ozark is at the bottom and they only lost to AB by 1. Subi went into OT. Pottsville has a good chance of beating them too. Anybody can beat anybody.
dover has a good guard also that us tough and is a scorer.
Great info. Conference tournament should be good.

Jacketman65

Quote from: LRRandy on January 27, 2015, 10:20:12 am
Quote from: Jacketman65 on January 27, 2015, 09:14:29 am
Connor Vanover is in fact a freshman. He is 7'2" with a shooting touch. He can make the three point shot at a good % and has a great mid range shot.
Brandon Vanover is a 7'0" junior that has good moves in the post.
The starting guards are junior twin brothers Corey and Chad McGinogal. Both tough, gritty players that can shoot and go to the basket. This is a  team that will not lose any production to graduation as the only seniors on the team really don't play much. It has been and should continue to be a fun ride following this group of players at Arkansas  Baptist.
Read about both of them in the paper.  I hope that both gain about 40 lbs. and keep their skills.  It would be fun to watch them in college!  Ralph Sampson types!!!!  It has been a while.

LRRandy

Arkansas Baptist 50
Clinton 40

@ Clinton

AB moves to 9-0 in conference.

WattsOzark

Ozark boys 68, Dover 58 @ Ozark

LRRandy

Quote from: WattsOzark on January 27, 2015, 08:48:55 pm
Ozark boys 68, Dover 58 @ Ozark
high scoring. The three's must have been flying.

The Coach

January 27, 2015, 10:55:05 pm #13 Last Edit: January 27, 2015, 10:57:03 pm by The Coach
Quote from: NoSize on January 26, 2015, 05:28:35 pm
AB      8-0
Subiaco   6-2
Pottsville    4-4
Dover      4-4
Robinson   3-4*
Dardanelle   3-4*
Ozark      2-6
Clinton   1-7

* Score for 1/23 Dardanell vs Robinson is unknown

Dardanelle beat PR by 20+ on the 23rd and lost to Subi tonight so they are 4-5

LRRandy

Arkansas Baptist 60
Ozark 34

At AB in a mercy rule.

LRRandy

Arkansas Baptist 68
Robinson 56

@ Robinson.

SteveWill

Pottsville boys beat Clinton don't have a score

StevenGlen

Pottsville 68 Clinton 57. 
Peyton Lasher had 31 for the Apaches, Fielder Dufrene had 15 for the Jackets

LRRandy

February 06, 2015, 09:59:51 pm #18 Last Edit: February 07, 2015, 01:38:31 am by LRRandy
Arkansas Baptist 70
Dardanelle 44

At AB

Arkansas Baptist still undefeated in conference play with 2 games left until tournament.

mountainman

DOVER 53-----CLINTON 51-----------AT CLINTON

Basketball97

Quote from: arkhoops94 on January 27, 2015, 11:58:33 am
I believe that Pulaski Robinson has almost given up. They lost to Subiaco by 28 after it was in mercy rule. The shocking part was that it was at Robinson.

SouthpawSensation

Would love to see some updated standings, if anybody has them.

NoSize

Ark Bap   12-0
Subiaco   10-2
Pottsville   7-5
Dardanelle   6-6
Dover      6-6
Robinson   3-9
Ozark      3-9
Clinton   1-11

dodger

Huge game later this week between Dardanelle and Pottsville.  Winner likely gets the 3 seed.  Way easier game to get in the regional playing Robinson or Ozark than getting Dover in the 4-5 game.  I like Dardanelle's chance's to make the tournament final if they can get up to the 3 seed.  Lost two close regular season games to Subiaco and they tournament is on their home floor. 

LRRandy

February 10, 2015, 09:15:01 pm #24 Last Edit: April 02, 2015, 04:24:02 pm by LRRandy
Dribbling the ball at half court while minutes tick off the click while you are down is not revolutionary basketball. Pottsville paid homage to the recently departed Dean Smith by producing a yawner. 22-16 Arkansas Baptist victory at Pottsville. Set the game of basketball back 30 years. Pottsville had 5 points with 3 minutes left in the third quarter. Arkansas needs a shot clock. That is not basketball

SteveWill

Quote from: LRRandy on February 10, 2015, 09:15:01 pm
Dribbling the ball at half court while minutes tick off the click while you are down is not revolutionary basketball. Pottsville paid homage to the recently departed Dean Smith by producing a yawner. 22-16 Arkansas Baptist victory at Pottsville. Set the game of basketball back 30 years. Pottsville had 5 points with 3 minutes left in the third quarter. Arkansas needs a shot clock. That is not basketball. Chicken poop basketball Pottsvillle. You deserve to lose every game the rest of the year.

Chill out dude coach tried something different since the game plan everyone else in our conference has used has not worked against you. It was boring and it obviously didn't work either but it was worth a shot. And it's pathetic for you to wish I'll on another team but that's what we expected when we found out we would have to deal with people from your area.

SteveWill

I apologize I should not lump everyone from your area together I'm sure there are plenty of decent people that live there just obviously not you.

woopig123

does anybody have scores from other games?

The Coach

Dribbling the ball at half court while minutes tick off the click while you are down is not revolutionary basketball. Pottsville paid homage to the recently departed Dean Smith by producing a yawner. 22-16 Arkansas Baptist victory at Pottsville. Set the game of basketball back 30 years. Pottsville had 5 points with 3 minutes left in the third quarter. Arkansas needs a shot clock. That is not basketball. Chicken poop basketball Pottsvillle. You deserve to lose every game the rest of the year.

:'(

WattsOzark

AB's boys weren't able to defend well enough to force turnovers?  Did they just stay down in a zone defense and let Pottsville hold the ball?

BIG_K

:'(  :'(  :'(  :'(  :'( :'  Come on Randy  :'(  :'(  :'(  :'(  :'(

LRRandy

February 11, 2015, 07:53:43 am #31 Last Edit: February 11, 2015, 07:55:46 am by LRRandy
Yall are right. My comments were over the line. I should not wish ill on a team. I apologize.

I do stand by my belief that standing at mid court holding the ball for three minutes is not basketball. AB had the lead. It was up to Pottsville to get back in the game. Make AB defend. The Pottsville boys are scrappy they had a 28-20 lead at halftime in the first game at AB. Play basketball. That was my frustration and the reason for my horrible post last night. I was wrong to post in such a way.

StevenGlen

I broadcast games for Pottsville but did not do the game in LR earlier.  Yes in fact for much of the first half AB did sit in a zone and let the Apaches stand and toss the ball around.  Frankly I was a little surprised that with the two brothers that the Eagles have at guard they did not come out of the zone a little quicker.  But then again, if the defense has the lead, there may not be a reason to come out if the offense wants to 4 corner.  Certainly the "twin towers" cause match up issues but from just this one game it is the quick and scrappy play of the two AB guards that makes the team so hard to beat.  If not for the guard's quickness and belly up defense another team could make the big guys a non factor by playing up tempo.  Congrats on a nice win AB, any victory on the road is a good one. 

Steven Glen   

The Coach

Quote from: woopig123 on February 10, 2015, 10:05:28 pm
does anybody have scores from other games?

Dardanelle beat Ozark 36-30 I believe it was

neds

LRRandy I think Episcopal will be willing to run with AR Baptist this Saturday. No fear of a slow down game there.

LRRandy

February 11, 2015, 04:46:13 pm #35 Last Edit: February 11, 2015, 05:21:59 pm by LRRandy
Quote from: neds on February 11, 2015, 04:27:04 pm
LRRandy I think Episcopal will be willing to run with AR Baptist this Saturday. No fear of a slow down game there.
no doubt about that. They are athletic and quick enough to maybe run us out of their gym.

BIG_K

;D  ;D  ;D That's Better Randy  ;D  ;D  ;D

imagineif

Quote from: neds on February 11, 2015, 04:27:04 pm

AR Baptist plays Episcopal in a non-conference match up right before the conference tourney?

think

Believe it is a make up game.

cdelaney

Quote from: think on February 12, 2015, 09:05:07 am
Yeah they had a game scheduled in  November but ECS was still playing football; they only had 3 non-FB guys doing basketball. Glad they were able to do the makeup game, not necessarily on Valentines night- I doubt if the attendance and atmosphere will be like it would have been if this Friday night. But I do think this is good for both teams to face a tough foe before heading into post season, would be even better for them if it was a full house with all the "energy" that has characterized previous games between these two as that would also help them for post season. I don't know about AB, but ECS has not had too many of those types of games this year; hope this one is competitive all the way through to the end.

Lizardo

Quote from: StevenGlen on February 11, 2015, 11:38:08 am
I broadcast games for Pottsville but did not do the game in LR earlier.  Yes in fact for much of the first half AB did sit in a zone and let the Apaches stand and toss the ball around.  Frankly I was a little surprised that with the two brothers that the Eagles have at guard they did not come out of the zone a little quicker.  But then again, if the defense has the lead, there may not be a reason to come out if the offense wants to 4 corner.  Certainly the "twin towers" cause match up issues but from just this one game it is the quick and scrappy play of the two AB guards that makes the team so hard to beat.  If not for the guard's quickness and belly up defense another team could make the big guys a non factor by playing up tempo.  Congrats on a nice win AB, any victory on the road is a good one. 

Steven Glen

That had to be a hard game to watch. Kudos to your coach for trying something different. With a only 6 points difference, you were in the game at the end. I'd set a fast pace, press, and run the whole game. Our small but quick players gave them fits inside so they don't seem to like speed and a fast tempo. DHS, Subi, and PHS all came close at home so it should be fun next week.

think

Quote from: cdelaney on February 12, 2015, 09:19:16 am
Yeah they had a game scheduled in  November but ECS was still playing football; they only had 3 non-FB guys doing basketball. Glad they were able to do the makeup game, not necessarily on Valentines night- I doubt if the attendance and atmosphere will be like it would have been if this Friday night. But I do think this is good for both teams to face a tough foe before heading into post season, would be even better for them if it was a full house with all the "energy" that has characterized previous games between these two as that would also help them for post season. I don't know about AB, but ECS has not had too many of those types of games this year; hope this one is competitive all the way through to the end.

Game is at 7 right? Boys only?

cdelaney

Quote from: think on February 12, 2015, 11:36:02 am

There is a JV boys game at 6:00 so the varsity will probably start around 7:15 or so.

SteveWill

February 13, 2015, 08:54:35 pm #43 Last Edit: February 13, 2015, 10:09:18 pm by SteveWill
Pottsville Boys beat Dardy by 3 in overtime

The Coach

meltdown by Dardanelle to lose 50-47 in OT after being up big most the game

WattsOzark

PR over Ozark 67-63 3OT

LRRandy

Quote from: cdelaney on February 12, 2015, 11:46:57 am
Quote from: think on February 12, 2015, 11:36:02 am

There is a JV boys game at 6:00 so the varsity will probably start around 7:15 or so.
no JV game. ECS cancelled due to flu. No girls game. Boys varsity only starting at 7:00

LRRandy

AB  54
Dover 41

AB finishes conference undefeated.

Question: Dover played several boys in both JV and Varsity. One boy ( don't knoew the name) played all four quarters in both games. He was #21 during the JV game and switched to #20 for the varsity game. I honestly don't know the rule but isn't there a limit to how many quarters one player can play in one night? There were a few boys that didn't get off the bench during the JV game yet this one player that was counted on to play big minutes in the varsity game played the whole way during the JV game. Just wondered if anyone knew the rule.

Jacketman65

Quote from: LRRandy on February 13, 2015, 10:35:04 pm
AB  54
Dover 41

Question: Dover played several boys in both JV and Varsity. One boy ( don't knoew the name) played all four quarters in both games. He was #21 during the JV game and switched to #20 for the varsity game. I honestly don't know the rule but isn't there a limit to how many quarters one player can play in one night? There were a few boys that didn't get off the bench during the JV game yet this one player that was counted on to play big minutes in the varsity game played the whole way during the JV game. Just wondered if anyone knew the rule.
I know there is a rule pertaining to that in football, that not many pay much attention to, but don't know about basketball.

gojackets14

Quote from: Jacketman65 on February 13, 2015, 11:37:43 pm
Quote from: LRRandy on February 13, 2015, 10:35:04 pm
AB  54
Dover 41

I know there is a rule pertaining to that in football, that not many pay much attention to, but don't know about basketball.

Players are only allowed 5 quarters a night.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas