• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Urgent Prayers Needed

Started by RisonRacingFan, February 24, 2007, 10:49:13 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

RisonRacingFan

As some of you may have heard by now,a tornado hit Dumas Arkansas today.I do not know the extent of the damage,but a couple Sherri and I go to church with has some family members which are missing.No one has had any contact with them since before the tornado hit.I dont know all of the details,but please say a prayer

wildcat_x-mgr

Prayers from the X-Manager.

I have an uncle that lives down there myself, the phone lines are down so we couldn't call him. We have no reason yet to think anything's wrong, but no reason to think he's ok either.

Super Scrapper

Television coverage of Dumas looked very bad...My prayers go out to everyone in that area...It will take a long time and a lot of hard work to get things back to normal around there...God Bless you all....SS

Go Scrappers
;D

RisonRacingFan

umas (AP) - Heavy rains and high winds moving through Arkansas today caused multiple injuries and property damage in Dumas. State police spokesman Bill Sadler says the winds cut about a five mile swath of damage, about a half-mile wide, from a Mad Butcher store on Highway 65 in the south Arkansas town to the intersection of Highway 159.

Sadler had no additional details on the number of people hurt or the nature of the injuries. He said some residents were unaccounted for and police were making a door-to-door search.

A power substation was destroyed and electricity was out in the area.

State police were setting up a command post in the town and seeking additional ambulance service from nearby Lincoln County. Troopers also closed the northbound lane of Highway 65 heading into the city.

http://www.katv.com/news/stories/0207/400332.html

softballash25

luvdemjacks

Prayers from Warren...I have alot of friends in Dumas and THANK GOD, I've reached them all and they are all doing o.k....

RisonRacingFan

WOW...Saw the damage on the news.This thing tore down town Dumas up.Wal-Mart,Freds,and several other stores are all but gone..so much damage they will have to be 100% rebuilt.News is saying that the structures are so unstable that they can not go in to rescue people until they get the right kind of disaster response team there.

Coach Runyan

Is anyone going down to help with relief? Are they even letting people in? What is the situation down there?

RisonRacingFan

Quote from: Bill Bethea on February 25, 2007, 09:26:23 am
Is anyone going down to help with relief? Are they even letting people in? What is the situation down there?

Not sure.I know they are having some special Disaster Response teams come in that can handle the damage to the structures.Im sure a man could go down with a chain saw and a wood chipper and help out alot though.

RD™

All the Looters should be shot on the spot.

hoghigh

RisonRacingFan

Quote from: Vice President RD on February 25, 2007, 09:44:16 am
All the Looters should be shot on the spot.

Who said anything about looters?

ljackfan100

A big group from our church (Immanuel Baptist, Warren) is joining with a group from the Bartholomew Baptist Association to go there and help clear trees/debris this afternoon.

RisonRacingFan

This was posted on another board.

Quote from: smoken38We just got back from dumas, we went to check on friends.That has to be the worst thing I ever have seen in my life. I expected to see roofs off, but what I saw is so unbelievable. The powerplant, I didnt know metal beams could just bend like they did.That whole town is destroyed!! We all need to pray for this town, it is so sad. When you see the aftermath of these storms you just cant believe that nobody was killed. I was so shocked about what I saw...it is alomost unreal. You want to help people but you dont know where to begin. There was an 18 wheeler thrown on its side,a pickup and cars overturned. The autoparts store was just a shell, the whole inside from front to back was gone! The sonic was destroyed,freds,some buildings I couldnt even tell what they had been ..totally destroyed!The grain elevator was just totaled.You just wouldnt believe it. So much devastion.My heart goes out to this town and if there is anything I could do to help I would like to.Pictures you see on tv they do no justice to what I have seen. I took pictures with my cellphone , you cant even tell what you are even looking at!Such a mess!
I have a motorhome that I can let a family use if anybody knows of a needy family. Please everybody say a pray for this town because they are gonna need all the prays they can get. The way these insurance companies are now adays it might be awhile till these folks get some relief!
Annie p.

wynneaholic©

Quote from: ljackfan100 on February 25, 2007, 01:39:01 pm
A big group from our church (Immanuel Baptist, Warren) is joining with a group from the Bartholomew Baptist Association to go there and help clear trees/debris this afternoon.
I lived in Warren from 1986 til 1987 and went to Emmanuel Baptist, you guys have a great Church!!

RisonRacingFan

F3 Tornado..all persons accounted for...no deaths...40 injured...and National Guard is on the ground according to KTHV Channel 11

On the Move

Prayers from Springdale!  I've seen some bad ones in different areas, It's amazing what they can do.

Lions84

We had special prayer  For the folks in and around Dumas yesterday at Church.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas