• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Down to 8

Started by 66SSV, November 22, 2013, 10:40:21 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

66SSV

8 Teams remain in the 2013 2AA playoffs
EPC from the 3
Hector from the 4
Des Ark & Carlisle from the 6
Junction City, Bearden, Rison and Strong from the 8

Could it be an all 8 semi's, not likely, your thoughts

amehr36

I def think 3 of the 8s are there.  Junction, Bearden, and Rison.  Not so sure of Strong.

cuz

Quote from: amehr36 on November 22, 2013, 10:42:30 pm
I def think 3 of the 8s are there.  Junction, Bearden, and Rison.  Not so sure of Strong.
Don't underestimate the dawgs, they get better and better in the playoffs.......... ;)

BrianfromCarlisle

Carlisle will win by 3 scores

amehr36

Strong is playing the one team other than Bearden and JC i could see making a run though.

BrianfromCarlisle

It is fun watching people try to tackle Deron Ricks

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: amehr36 on November 22, 2013, 10:45:00 pm
Strong is playing the one team other than Bearden and JC i could see making a run though.

Shhhh! We are trying to hide. But i can say this, after the tragic events that have happened in d.a. the last week, we may just have found our extra emotion to power us to another victory or two.

Ventman

Quote from: BrianfromCarlisle on November 22, 2013, 10:44:23 pm
Carlisle will win by 3 scores

Im not sure about 3 scores but the Bison aren't gonna lay down to an 8-2A team. I can grant you this Rison will know that they are in a ballgame quickly!

Wilson

Wasn't there a lot of talk last week (and basically every year) by newbs saying the 8AA was completely overrated and that its just JC and then several decent teams? .  and the 8 has 4of the 8 teams remaining . .i hope this will serve as a valuable lesson to all these newbs.  what am i saying?  They will do it again next year

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Wilson on November 22, 2013, 11:28:21 pm
Wasn't there a lot of talk last week (and basically every year) by newbs saying the 8AA was completely overrated and that its just JC and then several decent teams? .  and the 8 has 4of the 8 teams remaining . .i hope this will serve as a valuable lesson to all these newbs.  what am i saying?  They will do it again next year

Im thinking the ones overrated all year have been dierks and gurdon, the beardon and rison wins were over teams from a not so good conference. But the 8 is for real as usual.

skydiver

I'm thinking you are wrong. Dierks WAS as good as anyone in the playoffs outside of JC. You take away both tailbacks and middle linebacker and that's a MAJOR blow to any AA team. The Outlaws struck bad luck and the injury bug at a bad time. We will never know but DA doesn't want any part of the healthe Dierks team that won 11 straight. Get ready to get your bitt handed to you next wek by Strong. It's going to happen.

bdubyab60

I think the writing was on the wall for Dierks when they got pushed by a 5 seed in the first round. Seems like this team lost some focus and then the injuries last week put the nail in the coffin.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: skydiver on November 22, 2013, 11:45:36 pm
I'm thinking you are wrong. Dierks WAS as good as anyone in the playoffs outside of JC. You take away both tailbacks and middle linebacker and that's a MAJOR blow to any AA team. The Outlaws struck bad luck and the injury bug at a bad time. We will never know but DA doesn't want any part of the healthe Dierks team that won 11 straight. Get ready to get your bitt handed to you next wek by Strong. It's going to happen.

Actually im thinking we match up well with strong. Should be a good game. I also think you have it backwards dierks wants none of des arc. From what i hear, we mirror strong in alot of areas. We at des arc have heard those exact words from teams before you, " you dont want any of so and so team" well guess what we do want some. And we are still playing.

Although it does suck that yall had to lose without a couple players.

skydiver

Keep thinking that. When you are looking at #3,#4, and #5's butt running away from your guys you will say old Skydiver was right. Just a fair warning. Good luck.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: skydiver on November 23, 2013, 12:16:47 am
Keep thinking that. When you are looking at #3,#4, and #5's butt running away from your guys you will say old Skydiver was right. Just a fair warning. Good luck.

Just because that happened to yall, doesnt mean it happens to us. We are big, strong and physical. Not to mention we have a little extra motivation and emotion to carry us on. And we are healthy.

skydiver

I'm just trying to give you a friendly heads up pic. Strong is a good football team. After playing them and seeing you guys on film I honestly think DA is in trouble. Should be a good game but I feel like the speed factor edge definitely goes to Strong. Good luck next week to both teams.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: skydiver on November 23, 2013, 01:00:49 am
I'm just trying to give you a friendly heads up pic. Strong is a good football team. After playing them and seeing you guys on film I honestly think DA is in trouble. Should be a good game but I feel like the speed factor edge definitely goes to Strong. Good luck next week to both teams.

Ok, thanks. But i can assure you, we know how good the 8 is.

bleudog

November 23, 2013, 02:00:26 am #17 Last Edit: November 24, 2013, 12:55:22 pm by bleudog
Quote from: 66SSV on November 22, 2013, 10:40:21 pm
8 Teams remain in the 2013 2AA playoffs
EPC from the 3
Hector from the 4
Des Ark & Carlisle from the 6
Junction City, Bearden, Rison and Strong from the 8

Could it be an all 8 semi's, not likely, your thoughts

From a Gurdon fan:

Quote from: footballfrenzy on November 16, 2013, 07:16:31 pm
Yeah, yeah, yeah. I'll go ahead and say it, the 8 and JC is overrated. There is NOTHING special about THIS years Junction team. They will lose this Friday, bank on it.

That bank got taken over by the Football Dragons Interested in Championships.

mtindian42

Quoteyou got to score to beat DA. and quite frankly that just ain't happening.  ;D not only strong. but anyone in the 2a. will have trouble scoring on DA. AND I MEAN ANYONE...

green-eagle

Des Arc....EPC
JC....Carlisle

That the was i see it for round three!

amehr36

There's no way in my mind less than 2 teams from the 8 are im the semis.

Lions84

November 23, 2013, 12:32:45 pm #21 Last Edit: November 26, 2013, 10:24:01 pm by Lions84
DA and the Scourge will get to 4th round.

Reflexn

Quote from: green-eagle on November 23, 2013, 07:42:00 am
Des Arc....EPC
JC....Carlisle

That the was i see it for round three!

Round 3?  Round 4 isn't it? Or, Was the first playoff game pool play? :P

bulldog

There have only been 2 rounds played.  This next week is the quarterfinals for 2A.

Reflexn

He's projecting the semis

tacklethis...

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on November 22, 2013, 11:54:50 pm

Actually im thinking we match up well with strong. Should be a good game. I also think you have it backwards dierks wants none of des arc. From what i hear, we mirror strong in alot of areas. We at des arc have heard those exact words from teams before you, " you dont want any of so and so team" well guess what we do want some. And we are still playing.

Although it does suck that yall had to lose without a couple players.

Pick,
I agree, Strong and Des arc very similar. I watched several games of Strong. No one ran inside the tackles consistently. I don't think we could have done that with our tailbacks. I was expecting us to need to throw to be sucessful against either of you.
They are tough up front. It will be a physical game for sure.

Good luck to both teams. It will be interesting!

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Lions84 on November 23, 2013, 12:32:45 pm
DA and the Scourge will get to 3rd round.

Lions, you went out on a small limb with this prediction didnt you? We both are in the third round already. Its the 4th round thats in question.  ;D

Reflexn

First game was pool play... Lol

66SSV

Wonder what is the most teams one district has had in the semi's in a given year?  2 several times obviously as they meet in the finals   

cuz

Quote from: 66SSV on November 25, 2013, 10:01:54 pm
Wonder what is the most teams one district has had in the semi's in a given year?  2 several times obviously as they meet in the finals
I know the 8 has had 2 in it 3-4 times off the top of my head, bleu might know a more accurate count. I was wondering myself how many districts had 4 teams in the Quarters also??

bleudog

Quote from: cuz on November 26, 2013, 08:27:18 pm
Quote from: 66SSV on November 25, 2013, 10:01:54 pm
I know the 8 has had 2 in it 3-4 times off the top of my head, bleu might know a more accurate count. I was wondering myself how many districts had 4 teams in the Quarters also??

I've got final fours listed somewhere on FF but with the search feature not active I don't have a clue where. 

Here're the last few years quarter finals.  I don't know/remember all the conferences though:

Rison at Carlisle   
Strong at Des Arc   
Bearden at East Poinsett County 
Hector at Junction City   

Bearden 35 Magnet Cove 7   
Junction City 34 Salem 6   
Mineral Springs 22 Carlisle 21   
Walnut Ridge 50 Murfreesboro 26

Carlisle 13 Gurdon 12   
East Poinsett County 12 Bearden 6   
Junction City 9 Magazine 3   
Strong 16 McCrory 14

Bearden 21 Bigelow 14   
Danville 35 Mineral Springs 14   
Magazine 41 Carlisle 20   
Magnet Cove 28 Spring Hill 21

Bearden 42 McCrory 7   
Junction City 42 Danville 6   
Magazine 45 Des Arc 22   
Spring Hill 30 Hazen 19

Lions84

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on November 23, 2013, 03:05:07 pm
Quote from: Lions84 on November 23, 2013, 12:32:45 pm
DA and the Scourge will get to 3rd round.

Lions, you went out on a small limb with this prediction didnt you? We both are in the third round already. Its the 4th round thats in question.  ;D

Corrected.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas