• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

SPECIAL REPORT........Earle is forfeiting all varsity football games

Started by Lanny, November 30, 2017, 03:45:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Greyhound#1

Quote from: ISU7 on December 01, 2017, 12:24:16 am
Dang another week on pick ems I get to pick against Salem..lol Sorry Greyhound #1 Foreman wins by 21 8)

Lol,  I mean the odds of you picking against us has to be getting better for us right.  You can't be right every time.  Next week is the time for ISU7 to be wrong.  Maybe you should go out limb here.  Maybe it's just meant to be. 

Greyhound#1

Quote from: Eslim03 on December 01, 2017, 12:48:46 am
the optimism of greyhound makes me not want to be the dikk but Salem will get beat bad... this is a total mismatch.

Based on what exactly?

Missco

Earle might file an injuction. Rumour is they will decide tommorrow.

Greyhound#1

Quote from: Missco on December 01, 2017, 01:04:06 am
Earle might file an injuction. Rumour is they will decide tommorrow.

Lol,  they forfeited there own games from what I understand.  What's  the injunction for ?  They have to tell the judge they didn't mean to tell AAA that they didn't  mean to forfeit the games.  And let's just for fun, the judge says Earle no longer forfeits there games.  So now then the AAA would just rule that they will force them to forfeit.  Then another injunction by Earle.  Now then the judge could say AAA was wrong.     If u call AAA and say hey we cheated and we forfeit our games for the year.  AAA then turns and notified all parties involved that games have been forfeited.  A injunction filing wouldn't make any since.  I guess they could file and delay the 2a playoffs and again causing more problems for all teams involved.  I think Earle will to the right thing here.

whoknows

Quote from: Greyhound#1 on December 01, 2017, 01:40:51 am
Lol,  they forfeited there own games from what I understand.  What's  the injunction for ?  They have to tell the judge they didn't mean to tell AAA that they didn't  mean to forfeit the games.  And let's just for fun, the judge says Earle no longer forfeits there games.  So now then the AAA would just rule that they will force them to forfeit.  Then another injunction by Earle.  Now then the judge could say AAA was wrong.     If u call AAA and say hey we cheated and we forfeit our games for the year.  AAA then turns and notified all parties involved that games have been forfeited.  A injunction filing wouldn't make any since.  I guess they could file and delay the 2a playoffs and again causing more problems for all teams involved. I think Earle will to the right thing here.

If that were the case...we wouldn't be in this situation to begin with...

tacklethis...

littleman

It is the head coach as well as the ADs job to figure out eligibility, you figure out these things before the season, they dropped the ball, and reading that the kid wasnt even listed means they knowingly played that kid. The Administration has been replaced, maybe the coach should also.

paraloma

Quote from: Greyhound#1 on December 01, 2017, 12:08:42 am
Can't change the rules now.  Salem plays because rules must be followed.  Earle didn't follow them so there out.  AAA advanced Salem because that is what the rule book says to do in this situation.

Do you know where that rule book can be found?

HorseFeathers

Sports Writer in West Memphis reported last night that Earle will decide on an injunction today sometime...apparently Marion's Paperwork shows the kid in question is in his 9th semester of Eligibility, but Earle is claiming their paperwork shows he's in #8.

zebradynasty

Quote from: HorseFeathers on November 30, 2017, 07:00:30 pm
Went and dug up the thread....In that case player in question had used up her elgibilility because the 8 semester clock had run out(she played varsity basketball in Alaska in the 8th grade) and appeal was filed after the semifinals game (which she dropped 40 on #1 team in state), and AAA ruled that Conway could play on finals, but the player was now inelgible and had to sit.

Same year, Guy-Perkins girls got pulled out of either district or region tournament for same thing, having to forfeit the year.

Believe the Lamar case people have referenced on this thread...Kids we're ruled elgible, then AAA backtracked and ruled them inelgible, which caused Lamar to get the court system involved...

Always interesting to see the AAA history of flipping flopping how they handle stuff...

Good job! I knew it was something like that. I knew it was a messed up ruling by AAA don't know if something in the handbook has changed that would protect them this go around. Allowing other schools to play for championships after using an ineligible player is probably why Earl is filing the injunction. They might have something...

littleman

The obvious thing to do is just give foreman the bye, choosing a team to fill in opens up pandoras box, you cant make it right by filling in because other teams were affected, but theAAA aint gonna miss a gate. I wonder what the cost is to rent the stadium for 1 night, orobably alot more tham they would get off a gate.

jsw6f0

couch-coach06

U can because I theory  it would be a forfeit win.. but I'm cool with an extra week and Salem comeing too town

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: HorseFeathers on December 01, 2017, 07:23:37 am
Sports Writer in West Memphis reported last night that Earle will decide on an injunction today sometime...apparently Marion's Paperwork shows the kid in question is in his 9th semester of Eligibility, but Earle is claiming their paperwork shows he's in #8.
They've been playing with this fire for years. I know a coach who had paperwork proof in hand a few years ago on a West Memphis kid playing for them but didn't have to use it. Anyone who says cheaters never win aint ever played with cheaters.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Oldman on December 01, 2017, 08:20:29 am
They've been playing with this fire for years. I know a coach who had paperwork proof in hand a few years ago on a West Memphis kid playing for them but didn't have to use it. Anyone who says cheaters never win aint ever played with cheaters.

I've heard this as well....not specifically the west memphis kid, but the whole never knowing who's gonna pop up on their team..

youhavenoidea

Quote from: littleman on December 01, 2017, 07:35:15 am
The obvious thing to do is just give foreman the bye, choosing a team to fill in opens up pandoras box, you cant make it right by filling in because other teams were affected, but theAAA aint gonna miss a gate. I wonder what the cost is to rent the stadium for 1 night, orobably alot more tham they would get off a gate.
Oh you know AAA isn't going to miss a gate for sure, really surprised they don't let Mineral Springs and Salem play just so they could get that extra gate.  What a mess! There needs to be some "house cleaning" at Earle and I'm starting to wonder about the AAA.  Are there term limits for the leadership there? Is it strictly appointment? Understand this is a strange and bizarre case they are dealing with but they seem to be hit and miss with some of their judgements and decisions.  It seems like you only get in trouble if you self report, which then would bear the question what's the need for a governing body?

Highcenter

Quote from: FilmCrew on November 30, 2017, 07:45:22 pm
Don't cry to long for Mineral Springs..They had a player a couple of years ago that lived in Mineral and Played for Nashville. It came to light late in the playoffs but they allowed him to play because the school that turned them in knew in the beginning of the year but didn't turn them in until the playoffs.

So.... That Karma thing strikes again!
You have your town names reversed. I fixed it for you.

Champ74

So we are the only team not allowed to get transfers in, heck several teams including Marion, West Memphis and a few big names from the Little Rock and Springdale area actively attempted to recruit Bohanon for years out of Earle so what are you saying? In this case everyone only see what has happened at Earle but what about the coach that made this an issue at the AAA playing the kid 2 years as a 9th grader and not revealing that information when the transfer occurred! Do the math, ineligiblity follows you. Also Lamar and Conway had similar situations and probably some of you all do also. Regardless the new policy going forward is not allow transfers to participate in sports and that will cut the head off the snake for the future athletic programs.

The Great Bambi

Quote from: HorseFeathers on December 01, 2017, 07:23:37 am

Not possible unless Earle altered paperwork. And if they did alter it they should have altered it correctly. Should it have been an honest mistake he would show to be in his 7th semester. Unless he moved from 8th to 9th grade midway through his 8th grade year. Judging by how he couldn't graduate in 8 semesters I'm guessing he didn't move up grades early.

COACH-Mike

Quote from: Greyhound#1 on December 01, 2017, 12:08:42 am
Can't change the rules now.  Salem plays because rules must be followed.  Earle didn't follow them so there out.  AAA advanced Salem because that is what the rule book says to do in this situation. 

Show me the rule sir!

youhavenoidea

Don't think they have any rules for this type of mess...that's why Mr. Taylor will just wing it as he sees fit

bleudog

Quote from: youhavenoidea on December 01, 2017, 09:06:57 am
Don't think they have any rules for this type of mess...that's why Mr. Taylor will just wing it as he sees fit

Reply 113 and 118

youhavenoidea

Quote from: bleudog on December 01, 2017, 09:29:00 am
Reply 113 and 118
Thanks but I was referring to the actual decision of replacing teams and deciding how to move forward with the playoffs in regard to a team being disqualified in this manner.  I understand that the forfeiting of games and seasons are established in guidelines of the governing body that is known as the AAA.  However, this case is one that is determined in which a team has used a player illegally all season and entered the playoffs and participated with said player illegally against not one but two separate teams.  Therefore a ruling must be prepared that benefits not just one team but two teams fairly.  I'm not sure as search the AAA has any case that is similar to this case at all, however I will continue to look.

HorseFeathers

Only precedent I know of was in 2001....Clarksville had to forfeit the season after round 1. Farmington(whom they beat that round) moved on to the second round. AAA could be in uncharted waters...and with Earle looking to file an injunction, and Mineral Springs considering their own lawsuit this could turn into a bigger mess than what it already appears to be...

Bildo

If they self reported... it should be a done deal. Take your medicine. They should've researched it beforehand instead of jumping the gun

stuck in between

I bet if the AAA had it to do over again they would have just given Foreman the win and moved on.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Bildo on December 01, 2017, 10:13:52 am
If they self reported... it should be a done deal. Take your medicine. They should've researched it beforehand instead of jumping the gun

Rumor has it, by self reported.....AAA meant that they got a tip that player was inelgible, they called earlier and they cooperated with investigation.

bdubyab60

Quote from: HorseFeathers on December 01, 2017, 10:18:55 am
Rumor has it, by self reported.....AAA meant that they got a tip that player was inelgible, they called earlier and they cooperated with investigation.
Its obvious there was an attempt to cover this up. IMO. If the state doesn't take over Earle a few weeks ago. This doesn't happen.

Bildo

baseball13

Quote from: Bigditchlion on November 30, 2017, 09:19:46 pm
Just because they didn't find something doesn't mean it didn't happen. Really!!?  No one will ever make me believe that wasn't fishy.

Man you and BIGWORM need to move on. Hampton thumped that head last year get over it. As far as this goes Earle knew they did wrong that's why they turned themselves in.

COACH-Mike

Quote from: bleudog on December 01, 2017, 09:29:00 am
Reply 113 and 118
All due respect but those are rules on Why you have the forfeits not on what to do in the events after the declaration of a forfeit.  My point is they have no Policy on what to do and it's arbitrarily determined by the  Executive Director.  There needs to be a standard set and if a lawyer gets involved maybe they will set one.  No one need the ability to play God!  This has gone no further than Steve Roberts the football director.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: COACH-Mike on December 01, 2017, 11:04:58 am
All due respect but those are rules on Why you have the forfeits not on what to do in the events after the declaration of a forfeit.  My point is they have no Policy on what to do and it's arbitrarily determined by the  Executive Director.  There needs to be a standard set and if a lawyer gets involved maybe they will set one.  No one need the ability to play God!  This has gone no further than Steve Roberts the football director.

Did you really just compare making a ruling about football to playing god?

I'm just gonna sign off on this thread now....Good Luck to y'all on this...

dawg_days

Quote from: littleman on December 01, 2017, 07:35:15 am

Having Foreman play Salem is still pretty much giving them a bye.

kjjackson

Why didn't they send a team to play Arkadelphia in round one if thats what the is in the rule book?

thabeast428

COACH-Mike

Quote from: HorseFeathers on December 01, 2017, 11:07:29 am
Did you really just compare making a ruling about football to playing god?

I'm just gonna sign off on this thread now....Good Luck to y'all on this...

Figuratively speaking my friend. Please.

Head Lion

I blame the AAA, if they deny that they have known Earle bending or breaking the rules for years, they are flat out lying.

TruthHurts

Salem needs to stand up to the AAA and not play the game.  Momma's have already taken that last selfie with their Sr. The lockers have been cleaned out, offseason baseball has started for some and the others have moved on to basketball. Salem doesnt want to advance with an asterisk. Just another everybody loses situation. C'mon Salem stand up to the AAA and tell them the season is over.

beach bum

Quote from: TruthHurts on December 01, 2017, 11:36:29 am
Salem needs to stand up to the AAA and not play the game.  Momma's have already taken that last selfie with their Sr. The lockers have been cleaned out, offseason baseball has started for some and the others have moved on to basketball. Salem doesnt want to advance with an asterisk. Just another everybody loses situation. C'mon Salem stand up to the AAA and tell them the season is over.

As wild as some may think that sounds.... I agree with you.

Greyhound#1

sheepdawg92

I really hate this for Earle. I talk a lot noise but i love to watching good football. I speak with buddy of mine that's from Earle last night said kids was really hurt and the coaches really was unaware of the situation. He also said that coaches will not allow one kid cost their season if they had known he was over his semesters. The question is that whoever send this in or if AAA was aware of this early why now until semi finals pop this up it should happen at begin of the season. It doesn't make sense some schools get punish hard then other schools. He also said that AAA has being on Earle all year long they didn't allow them to play in ESPN game also take away Hootens Classic game from them now they said they taken their championship season  around. I hope Gerry sign with Arkansas but probably not now thanks to AAA. 

ClutchFactor62

Quote from: sheepdawg92 on December 01, 2017, 11:58:05 am
I really hate this for Earle. I talk a lot noise but i love to watching good football. I speak with buddy of mine that's from Earle last night said kids was really hurt and the coaches really was unaware of the situation. He also said that coaches will not allow one kid cost their season if they had known he was over his semesters. The question is that whoever send this in or if AAA was aware of this early why now until semi finals pop this up it should happen at begin of the season. It doesn't make sense some schools get punish hard then other schools. He also said that AAA has being on Earle all year long they didn't allow them to play in ESPN game also take away Hootens Classic game from them now they said they taken their championship season  around. I hope Gerry sign with Arkansas but probably not now thanks to AAA.

Don't blame anyone else but Earle. The fact that you said the coach was "unaware" is a problem in itself.

hornets23byers

December 01, 2017, 12:05:55 pm #192 Last Edit: December 01, 2017, 12:17:48 pm by hornets23byers
This post somewhat is ok but at the end it gets dumb...if all the school would just leave the aaa and start a new association we could resolve all the dumb stuff and actually have rules set in place they can actually determine something or go by besides one person sitting behind a table deciding everyones fate.

paraloma

In California:
The key is that the ineligible player was found after the league submitted its playoff entries, which means Team A will be allowed to continue to play in the playoffs.

The rule to keep the team in the playoffs was put in to prevent somebody from holding back information just to spring the evidence right before the playoffs start. The individual is punished, not the team.

In Oklahoma:
A. The minimum penalty for the participation of an ineligible student during the regular season is the forfeiture of all contests in which the student participated. For exceptions to this regulation, refer to Board Policy XXXIX in the 2017-18 OSSAA Administrators Handbook.
B. The minimum penalty for the participation of an ineligible student during the play-offs is the forfeiture of most recently played game.

Arkansas:
I can't find any rule.

Missco

Pretty crappy deal. That rule california has makes perfect sense. It is suppossed to be about the kids.

bleudog

Anybody know the contract details on renting WMS. Did the WMS folks swap with no charge or is moving next week's 2A championship game costing somebody?  Is moving it one week a freebie but moving it two weeks might have cost something extra?  There's no way it would have been reaonable to ask Mineral or any school to play on two days notice. Going back two rounds would add two weeks to the process. It's a mess.

COACH-Mike

Quote from: bleudog on December 01, 2017, 12:15:20 pm
Anybody know the contract details on renting WMS. Did the WMS folks swap with no charge or is moving next week's 2A championship game costing somebody?  Is moving it one week a freebie but moving it two weeks might have cost something extra?  There's no way it would have been reaonable to ask Mineral or any school to play on two days notice. Going back two rounds would add two weeks to the process. It's a mess.
Mineral playing Foreman would generate quite a chunk.  I think everyone in the area would fill that stadium up.  It is a mess and we will try and help them fix it in the future by forcing them to adopt some policy on these type matters.

Missco

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Missco on December 01, 2017, 12:28:34 pm
The sad part is Marion waiting until now.

No, the sad part is Earle playing an ineligible player.

ClutchFactor62

Quote from: Missco on December 01, 2017, 12:28:34 pm
The sad part is Marion waiting until now.

Marion literally had nothing to do with it. It's not like anyone there waited until they got in the Semi's to ruin their season on purpose. That's ridiculous. The SAD PART is a head coach not knowing who is eligible or ineligible on his team.

Also, it's not like Marion or West Memphis lose their best players to a 2A school. I honestly doubt any coach or administrator is worried enough about Earle to ruin their season.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas