• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2012 Alma Jr. High.....River Valley Conference Champions.....

Started by ahsalum, October 29, 2012, 07:51:12 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ahsalum

Just wanted to take time to invite anyone in the area to come out Thursday night and watch a very talented group of 14-15 year olds buckle it up for their very last time together. I've never enjoyed watching a group of kids play like this bunch. Going to miss watching them play after this year. Could be one of the most talented groups I've ever seen at this age. If nothing else....come out and watch this defense HIT. They really are a bunch of pissed off kids on the defensive side. They remind me of the Oakland Raiders of the '70's. Just a bunch of renegade kids that fly to the ball. Offense is just loaded with talent as well.

So if you get time.....swing by Airedale stadium Thursday night and watch this bunch go 20-0 and capture the River Valley Conference Championship.........They won't dissapoint.

BigLion10

BigLion10

DOA

This team consists of a tremendous group of young men with phenomenal athletic ability as well as an understanding and attention to their assignments.  They trust in what they've been coached to do and never hang their teammates out to dry.

They have been so much fun to watch the discipline of gutting out a mistake-filled game against Chaffin, the character to just run out the clock in lopsided wins against Darby and Van Buren when it would have been easy to run up the score, and the character to never rub anything in the opponent's face but simply to shake their hand and say "Good game".

They've approach everything "the right way".  Obviously, we are very proud. 

ahsalum

Since I will be chaining anyway....I might run out on the field and chestbump a few of them after some big hits.

The officials may frown on that though....would we get a penalty.

DOA

Quote from: Steve Perry on October 30, 2012, 11:15:23 am

Since I will be chaining anyway....I might run out on the field and chestbump a few of them after some big hits.

Wear a Gwood shirt.

ahsalum

Quote from: dad_of_airedale on October 30, 2012, 11:27:02 am
Quote from: Steve Perry on October 30, 2012, 11:15:23 am

Wear a Gwood shirt.

;)

SNWA

being that this is such a big game i will be bringing the officials with me to the game. Im sure steve wont mind.......

ahsalum

Quote from: SNWA on October 30, 2012, 02:04:34 pm
being that this is such a big game i will be bringing the officials with me to the game. Im sure steve wont mind.......

Helllllll

no!

ahsalum

These kids are jacked.

They are coming out with a chip on their shoulder.

I think security is supposed to be there to frisk the Alma players.

Rumors of knives in socks....brass knucks..

SNWA

dont worry, if they get within 5 yards of a bulldog the yellow hankies are coming out...took our own security measures.

DogsWin7

See Steve already has counted this as a win............

ahsalum

P.F.G.

I left at halftime. Think it was 20-0 Alma. Speed was getting the best of Greenwood.

ahsalum

31-0 Alma

Final

Alma outscored it's opponents for the year 294-25.

Congratulations to the River Valley Champs.

SNWA

is it too early to start the "remember when they were good" title?????

SNWA

HollywoodHog

One thing I find incredibly remarkable is how they weren't even at their best last night and still dominated.

ahsalum

Quote from: HollywoodHog on November 02, 2012, 09:07:02 am
One thing I find incredibly remarkable is how they weren't even at their best last night and still dominated.

Alma didn't play very well last night. Not trying to hype them up anymore than I already have. But the fact is...they didn't play as well as they have....yes....and still dominated. Remarkable.

DOA

Quote from: Steve Perry on November 02, 2012, 09:23:02 am
Quote from: HollywoodHog on November 02, 2012, 09:07:02 am

Alma didn't play very well last night. Not trying to hype them up anymore than I already have. But the fact is...they didn't play as well as they have....yes....and still dominated. Remarkable.
That's one of the marks left by this team, going back to 7th grade.  Sometimes, you don't have your best stuff, but you gut it out, keep grinding and good things will happen. It helps to have at least 2 starters at every position.

ahsalum

I don't know about you. But I'm a little sad today knowing that its all over.

Really really going to miss watching this group.

DOA

Quote from: Steve Perry on November 02, 2012, 10:07:44 am

I don't know about you. But I'm a little sad today knowing that its all over.

Really really going to miss watching this group.
It's like Coach Powell tweeted this morning, "Groups like this only come along every once in a while".
Coach Coursey said last night to the team, "There is nothing that you can't accomplish.  Yes, you have tremendous talent, but you also have worked your butts off to get to this level."

Yes, it's only Jr High...but what a Jr High team it has been!  What's amazing is knowing that every game (except Chaffin, where we did everything in the world to beat ourselves and still won), this team had to shut things down by halftime and just run out the clock.  A credit to the coaches for not running up the scores when all the players knew they could have scored 60 points EVERY game. 

Thanks Coaches Coursey, Jernigan, Powell, Hall and Potts along with Patti and all the student trainers and all the fans that traveled to places Alma Jr Highs have never traveled to before.  These guys will succeed at the High School level, but never again as one class.  Yeah, I'm gonna miss it. 

I'll get a life Monday, gonna enjoy this for a few more days.

ahsalum

Quote from: dad_of_airedale on November 02, 2012, 01:53:48 pm
I'll get a life Monday, gonna enjoy this for a few more days.

Yes, we as parents have been married to that football program since June along with the kids. All the summer practices we've been to, picking our kids up, games we've traveled to watch them play, practices after school that we've picked them up from......you get really tired of the "running to and from" throughout the season......and then it all comes to a screeching halt!  And then there's your life back and you forget what's it like to not have to do all of that. When they've had this kind of success....and then it's over.....sort of leaves you with an empty feeling......Gosh I gotta get a life. I get too wrapped up in this stuff. But it's easy to when it's been this fun.

Thanks to the coaching staff and everyone who put hard work into this program. And a special thanks to the players for all of their hard work and sacrifice for the last four months. You guys are the champs this year and deserve all of the recognition.

Kubota

its been a blast watching these kids play 2 undeafeated seasons in a row is very impressive gonna miss it its a class that don t come along very often should make highschool football next year a lot of fun thanks to all the kids and coaches 

DOA

November 02, 2012, 03:49:04 pm #26 Last Edit: November 02, 2012, 04:21:53 pm by dad_of_airedale
Alma Airedales 9th Grade Football 2012   

Date     Opponent   H/A   Us      Them       
30-Aug  Greenwood   A   25        0   
6-Sep    Russ East    H   27        0   
13-Sep   Greenbrier   A   35        8   
20-Sep   Chaffin       H   14        9   
27-Sep   Ramsey      H   28        0   
4-Oct   Darby          A   29        8   
11-Oct   Kimmons     H   28        0   
18-Oct   Van Buren   A   44        0   
25-Oct   Shiloh        A   33        0   
1-Nov   Greenwood   H   31        0   

Totals                 294        25   

ahsalum

Season of 2003 was the last time our Jr. High went undefeated. They had 6 shutouts that season.

DOA

Quote from: Steve Perry on November 05, 2012, 08:33:51 am

Season of 2003 was the last time our Jr. High went undefeated. They had 6 shutouts that season.
Sweeeeet...Thanks for checking the history books.  I don't see this happening again at Alma, at the Jr High level, in the foreseeable future. 

TTofGreenwood

And now.........Dilbeck.....it was fun while it lasted... :-\

ahsalum

Quote from: dad_of_airedale on November 05, 2012, 04:43:24 pm
Quote from: Steve Perry on November 05, 2012, 08:33:51 am

Sweeeeet...Thanks for checking the history books.  I don't see this happening again at Alma, at the Jr High level, in the foreseeable future. 

Me neither.

cat14

Not an Alma Fan, but watched this group a few times this year. Really good players, but better Class Act Individuals. Good things coming for Alma!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas