• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

It's a beautiful thing.... Alabama 21 LSU 0

Started by sevenof400, January 09, 2012, 10:33:30 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

sevenof400

Not exactly a game for the ages but we can at least bury the myth of Miles as an upper echelon coach...

Brian G

All I got to say is, Ok State fans don't even need to start.

Indiana Jones

Zzzzzzzz terrible game
I hope all footage of that borefest get burned

sevenof400

I'm thinking Saban just might recruit a kicker for next year....

Indiana Jones

Quote from: sevenof400 on January 09, 2012, 10:42:54 pm
I'm thinking Saban just might recruit a kicker for next year....
and Miles might get a QB

fastdrop

Romeo

No way LSU deserves a split national championship after that performance. Any AP writer that votes them number one should have their votes privileges revoked.

Hoghead

Why couldn't the Hogs expose LSU and Jordan Jefferson that way ? Bama knew all they had to do was take away the run and make Jefferson beat them. Saban knew 5 weeks ago he had this one in the bag. Congrats to Bama ! SEC in year number 6 of owning College Football.

Wahls

Quote from: Hoghead on January 10, 2012, 01:48:40 am
Why couldn't the Hogs expose LSU and Jordan Jefferson that way ?

We were too busy blitzing him. We were also too busy blitzing Terrelle Pryor, and Chris Relf last year. Willy Robinson's belief in blitzing mobile quarterbacks sure won't be missed.

Hoghead

Quote from: Wahls on January 10, 2012, 02:54:32 am
Spot On ! Willie always had that " I don't know why I'm here look on his face"

We were too busy blitzing him. We were also too busy blitzing Terrelle Pryor, and Chris Relf last year. Willy Robinson's belief in blitzing mobile quarterbacks sure won't be missed.

Mulerider

First embarrassing performance by and SEC team in a NC game.  Saint Jefferson is a joke and LSU fan's will not be afraid to help him clean out his locker.  Miles did not have them ready to play and Saban had a masterful gameplan.  What could Jarrett Lee possibly have done to Miles to deserve such treatment. 

Now an SEC team knows what it feels like to play a hot SEC team in the NC and get smoked!

MONSTER

I enjoyed the game it was nice old fashion line up and hit em in the mouth all night on both sides of the ball.  I can't bash Miles and say he's not an elite coach because they were beaten that way it shows that Bama D just plain and simple dominated the game from start to finish. Coach lost the game but the players got WHOOPED

Mulerider

The below is credited to ESPN and from Jordan Jefferson.  Is this guy insane, on crack, or just flat out dumb:

"I was seeing things clearly," Jefferson said. "Making decisions with the ball wasn't an issue."

Jefferson turned the ball over twice, but it was his ill-advised flip-pass to an unsuspecting Spencer Ware that was devastating. Jefferson thought Ware was ready for the pass, but Ware had turned up field to block before Jefferson released the ball, which was intercepted.

"Other than that, I made great decisions with the ball," Jefferson said. "Offensively, we just fell short."

Coach Venny Slocombe

Quote from: Hoghead on January 10, 2012, 03:42:51 am

HH, I am sooooo glad Willie is gone. I am excited about our new DC. I liked what I saw in the Cotton Bowl.

fastdrop

Quote from: Coach Venny Slocombe on January 10, 2012, 08:43:51 am
Quote from: Hoghead on January 10, 2012, 03:42:51 am

HH, I am sooooo glad Willie is gone. I am excited about our new DC. I liked what I saw in the Cotton Bowl.
It was against Kansas State...... let that sink in a bit. Kansas State.

DB

Anybody else notice that all of the ESPN folks were wearing purple?  Why would you do that?  Why would blatantly come out and declare your allegiance to LSU?  Even Erin Andrews.  I wonder what Saban did to those people.  He's not Bobby Petrino.

AirWarren

Boring game because of great defense. I don't understand how the hogs didn't expose both teams. They are both very basic on offense. But as Thr old adage goes "defense wins championships."

SouthernerPride

Quote from: Mulerider on January 10, 2012, 08:29:21 am
The below is credited to ESPN and from Jordan Jefferson.  Is this guy insane, on crack, or just flat out dumb:

"I was seeing things clearly," Jefferson said. "Making decisions with the ball wasn't an issue."

Jefferson turned the ball over twice, but it was his ill-advised flip-pass to an unsuspecting Spencer Ware that was devastating. Jefferson thought Ware was ready for the pass, but Ware had turned up field to block before Jefferson released the ball, which was intercepted.

"Other than that, I made great decisions with the ball," Jefferson said. "Offensively, we just fell short."

It's never just me, always everybody else's fault.

Mulerider

Quote from: DB on January 10, 2012, 01:25:02 pm
Anybody else notice that all of the ESPN folks were wearing purple?  Why would you do that?  Why would blatantly come out and declare your allegiance to LSU?  Even Erin Andrews.  I wonder what Saban did to those people.  He's not Bobby Petrino.

Purple is the official color of Mardi Gras and New Orleans this time of year.  It also happens to be the colors of LSU.  I guess you could play it either way but I would guess their response if asked would be to say it was for Mardi Gras.

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: sevenof400 on January 09, 2012, 10:33:30 pm
Not exactly a game for the ages but we can at least bury the myth of Miles as an upper echelon coach...

LSU should've scheduled a tough OOC opponent during the bowl break to prepare them for Alabama.

sevenof400

Quote from: SouthernerPride on January 10, 2012, 07:36:31 pm

I watched portions of the game again and in focusing on Jefferson's facial expressions he started the game with a what in the world look on his face..and it never left. 

SouthernerPride

Quote from: sevenof400 on January 12, 2012, 03:50:28 pm
Quote from: SouthernerPride on January 10, 2012, 07:36:31 pm

I watched portions of the game again and in focusing on Jefferson's facial expressions he started the game with a what in the world look on his face..and it never left.

Deer in head lights all night long.

Uncle Ivan

In a bizarre twist, the team buses that were to shuttle the LSU team back to Baton Rouge are still sitting in a parking lot adjacent to the Louisiana Superdome.

Reports are coming in stating that someone painted a fifty yard line in front of them.

Uncle Ivan

Come on now, the piling on Jefferson is a little excessive, don't you think?

Everyone knows you don't kick a man while he's down.

Ridge Rat

Wahls

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on January 13, 2012, 08:34:16 pm
Come on now, the piling on Jefferson is a little excessive, don't you think?

Everyone knows you don't kick a man while he's down.

This might be the greatest quote ever.

Coach DePriest, Sheridan

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on January 13, 2012, 08:30:27 pm
In a bizarre twist, the team buses that were to shuttle the LSU team back to Baton Rouge are still sitting in a parking lot adjacent to the Louisiana Superdome.

Reports are coming in stating that someone painted a fifty yard line in front of them.
Along those same lines:
http://eye-on-college-basketball.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/26283066/34341369

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas