• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Auburn Etc.

Started by RGP, March 29, 2011, 08:22:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Wahls

He did what I should have done a page ago - ignoring your drivel and dismissing your opinion as one not worth consideration.

AirWarren

Quote from: Showband of Arkansas on April 09, 2011, 02:03:46 am
He did what I should have done a page ago - ignoring your drivel and dismissing your opinion as one not worth consideration.
The DA still thinks I'm addressing him where I'm really in discussion with you, SB. He has been dead to me a long time ago.

Ex-HAplayer

Lol you guys are on an Auburn thread discussing stuff about Auburn. That is how I know I am in your head. You are still responding and posting things like DA. How old are 10. Are you a Cyber Bully?? Do my post make you want to punch your PC screen? It is easy to ignore post when you have no proof, no argument, and nothing but filler because your team has no bragging rights.

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: Ex-HAplayer on April 09, 2011, 12:58:07 pm
Lol you guys are on an Auburn thread discussing stuff about Auburn. That is how I know I am in your head. You are still responding and posting things like DA. How old are 10. Are you a Cyber Bully?? Do my post make you want to punch your PC screen? It is easy to ignore post when you have no proof, no argument, and nothing but filler because your team has no bragging rights.

Looks like the kid forgot to take his medication again.

Ex-HAplayer

April 09, 2011, 01:51:45 pm #104 Last Edit: April 09, 2011, 02:24:03 pm by Ex-HAplayer
Matter of fact we can end all of this right now.

1) Auburn was caught cheating in the early 90's. They were penalized and did their time. I have accepted this fact and yes I still root for them amidst of this cheating.  (Does a Catholic stop being a Catholic because of actions of their priest?)

2). Now, we have four former players saying they got paid while they attended the University (Also received benefits from other schools, fyi) under a whole different coaching staff. Ok thats fine. I say sure if you say you did than ok. Here is the thing.  They don't recall the name of the sources. They don't even name any specific names. How can the NCAA, Auburn, or any other type of governing body go after those who are responsible when they have nothing. Also, you have others who call their claims false. Really it doesn't matter because there is nothing to go off but hearsay.  Secondly, the statue of limitations (ever heard of that) passed on all of their claims so the NCAA hands are bind with these allegations. Mind you, I still support Auburn.

3). Cam Newton was being sold by a middle man to MSU (Alas the oregon,lsu situation).  MSU rejected the offer and turned the info to the SEC. Newton than signs with Auburn. Guilty by association. Auburn chose to take the chance to sign knowing the baggage that came with him. It was a risky move but they chose to go along with it.  Espn gets word, rumors spread like fire, Auburn essentially paid him.  I mean they must've if MSU refused and than he signs with Auburn. Honestly, I don't think he got paid 180,000. Does that mean he didn't receive any type of money, clothing, cars, food?? Nope. I am sure he received some type of benefits. Every star athlete receives benefits!!! I am still supporting Auburn.

4).  Auburn places Cam ineligible before the SEC championship game. THE NCAA rules he can play citing their is not enough evidence. Cecil says he did this without his son's knowledge (take that as you will, I don't believe it). Bond says he never met Cam face to face (He is the middle man). Well what about Cecil Newton's Church?  The money came from Cam's older brother who played for the Jacksonville Jaguars (look it up), but I digress. Anywho, Cam continues to play despite all of the controversy. Still going to support Auburn

5). I have read so much about the FBI and Auburn on this board, so this is the bottom line on this.  The FBI is investigating Milton McGregor.  He is an Auburn Booster and a dog track owner who is pretty shady. He apparently has bribed Alabama Politicians and is associated with the likes of Louder, Dye, etc (A shady bunch indeed). Rightfully so, the FBI should investigate this and arrest these guys if they are found guilty of doing illegal stuff. Still, I am going to support Auburn.

6).  It is not only the fact that Auburn cheats that ticks people (FF/Hog fans) off.  If that is the case than people would be mad at bama, tenn, florida, oregon, tosu.  It is the fact that we won with an old Arkansas coach (who many said offensive scheme is highschool and would never work in the SEC), with an arkansas rb (Who people hate...pathetic), and in a season that was destined the Arkansas Champion Season ( All you had to worry about was Bama right?). It all boils down to that. Now since Arkansas lost, they are harping on the NCAA to penalize Auburn to get some type of moral victory. Not because of the love of the game. Still I am going to cheer for Auburn.

7). Now answer me this rocky and bullwinkle and do it without trying to be insulting, posting a funny picture (festus tactics), or saying I have no love for the game. Do you think Arkansas players received improper benefits? Do Arkansas players commit crimes? Has Arkansas ever tried to cut corners? Do their boosters play a part in recruits? Do you have any evidence to tie Cam Newton for pay for play or any of these other former players? ( Envelopes, E-MAILS, VOICEMAILS, Receipts etc). If it is yes to any of these, than why are you still an Arkansas fan? You can't support this and still respect the game. If you support this than that makes you just as bad as the booster giving the money and the recruit taking it. Right?

Also answer without a BUT. There is no BUT when it comes to NCAA rulings. Either you cheat or you don't. if, Oregon gets penalized by the NCAA, them saying yeah we did this BUT Auburn did this, this, and this won't go very long in their arguments. For some reason that is a hard concept to understand.

In case you say I am using diversionary tactics or whatever lets just go back to what I have said:

I acknowledge Auburn has a history of cheating.
I acknowledge that Auburn has some slimey people around their program.
I acknowledge the fact that former players are saying that they got paid (This may be very well true, but nobody has anything to go off; statue of limitations).

I acknowledge Cam Newton story is shaky at best and I do not believe he didn't know anything. ( You still cannot prosecute someone off hearsay!!).

I am telling you I am 99 percent sure he has received improper benefits of some sort (I don't think he was paid 180,000 dollars though; still it is wrong).

Hey guess what? I still will support Auburn.

Ex-HAplayer

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on April 09, 2011, 01:22:50 pm

Looks like the kid forgot to take his medication again.

^^^ Pictures again?? I didn't see this coming.

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: Ex-HAplayer on April 09, 2011, 01:51:45 pm

1) Auburn was caught cheating in the early 90's. They were penalized and did their time. I have accepted this fact and yes I still root for them amidst of this cheating.  (Does a Catholic stop being a Catholic because of actions of their priest?)

2). Now, we have four former players saying they got paid while they attended the University (Also received benefits from other schools, fyi) under a whole different coaching staff. Ok thats fine. I say sure if you say you did than ok. Here is the thing.  They don't recall the name of the sources. They don't even name any specific names. How can the NCAA, Auburn, or any other type of governing body go after those who are responsible when they have nothing. Also, you have others who call their claims false. Really it doesn't matter because there is nothing to go off but hearsay.  Secondly, the statue of limitations (ever heard of that) passed on all of their claims so the NCAA hands are bind with these allegations. Mind you, I still support Auburn.

3). Cam Newton was being sold by a middle man to MSU (Alas the oregon,lsu situation).  MSU rejected the offer and turned the info to the SEC. Newton than signs with Auburn. Guilty by association. Auburn chose to take the chance to sign knowing the baggage that came with him. It was a risky move but they chose to go along with it.  Espn gets word, rumors spread like fire, Auburn essentially paid him.  I mean they must've if MSU refused and than he signs with Auburn. Honestly, I don't think he got paid 180,000. Does that mean he didn't receive any type of money, clothing, cars, food?? Nope. I am sure he received some type of benefits. Every star athlete receives benefits!!! I am still supporting Auburn.

4).  Auburn places Cam ineligible before the SEC championship game. THE NCAA rules he can play citing their is not enough evidence. Cecil says he did this without his son's knowledge (take that as you will, I don't believe it). Bond says he never met Cam face to face (He is the middle man). Well what about Cecil Newton's Church?  The money came from Cam's older brother who played for the Jacksonville Jaguars (look it up), but I digress. Anywho, Cam continues to play despite all of the controversy. Still going to support Auburn

5). I have read so much about the FBI and Auburn on this board, so this is the bottom line on this.  The FBI is investigating Milton McGregor.  He is an Auburn Booster and a dog track owner who is pretty shady. He apparently has bribed Alabama Politicians and is associated with the likes of Louder, Dye, etc (A shady bunch indeed). Rightfully so, the FBI should investigate this and arrest these guys if they are found guilty of doing illegal stuff. Still, I am going to support Auburn.

6).  It is not only the fact that Auburn cheats that ticks people (FF/Hog fans) off.  If that is the case than people would be mad at bama, tenn, florida, oregon, tosu.  It is the fact that we won with an old Arkansas coach (who many said offensive scheme is highschool and would never work in the SEC), with an arkansas rb (Who people hate...pathetic), and in a season that was destined the Arkansas Champion Season ( All you had to worry about was Bama right?). It all boils down to that. Now since Arkansas lost, they are harping on the NCAA to penalize Auburn to get some type of moral victory. Not because of the love of the game. Still I am going to cheer for Auburn.

7). Now answer me this rocky and bullwinkle and do it without trying to be insulting, posting a funny picture (festus tactics), or saying I have no love for the game. Do you think Arkansas players received improper benefits? Do Arkansas players commit crimes? Has Arkansas ever tried to cut corners? Do their boosters play a part in recruits? Do you have any evidence to tie Cam Newton for pay for play or any of these other former players? ( Envelopes, E-MAILS, VOICEMAILS, Receipts etc). If it is yes to any of these, than why are you still an Arkansas fan? You can't support this and still respect the game. If you support this than that makes you just as bad as the booster giving the money and the recruit taking it. Right?

Also answer without a BUT. There is no BUT when it comes to NCAA rulings. Either you cheat or you don't. if, Oregon gets penalized by the NCAA, them saying yeah we did this BUT Auburn did this, this, and this won't go very long in their arguments. For some reason that is a hard concept to understand.

In case you say I am using diversionary tactics or whatever lets just go back to what I have said:

I acknowledge the fact that former players are saying that they got paid (This may be very well true, but nobody has anything to go off; statue of limitations).

I acknowledge Cam Newton story is shaky at best and I do not believe he didn't know anything. ( You still cannot prosecute someone off hearsay!!).

I am telling you I am 99 percent sure he has received improper benefits of some sort (I don't think he was paid 180,000 dollars though; still it is wrong).

tl;dr

Wahls

Quote from: Ex-HAplayer on April 09, 2011, 12:58:07 pmI know I am in your head.

LOL.

You have similar prophetic skills of Miss Cleo, David Koresh, and Bob & Jim Jones.

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: Showband of Arkansas on April 09, 2011, 03:41:53 pm
Quote from: Ex-HAplayer on April 09, 2011, 12:58:07 pmI know I am in your head.

LOL.

You have similar prophetic skills of Miss Cleo, David Koresh, and Bob & Jim Jones.

Given the pure truly upset he's demonstrated, the whole "in your head" thing is the other way around.

Never mind that due to conference rules, Cecil asking for money meant Scam was automatically ineligible.  End.  of.  discussion.

Watch him whine some more and try to spin it, however.  It's amusing.

Ex-HAplayer

Notice how both of you completely didn't respond at all. Is there any arkansas fan with a sensible response. truly upset? Thats gay bro. Pause on that statement.

Ex-HAplayer

Take it up with the ncaa. They made him eligible. 65-43/ National champions. A lot of whining over here!!!!    ::)

Indiana Jones

April 09, 2011, 05:34:16 pm #111 Last Edit: April 09, 2011, 05:36:06 pm by Indiana Jones
I hear Auburn fans are trying out a new exercise program

and a new logo

MA

Quote from: Ex-HAplayer on April 09, 2011, 01:51:45 pm

+1

I am a huge Razorback fan and I dont really like Auburn at all. But I agree with you. Auburn won so they have a bullseye on their backs for controversy and Arkansas fans do nothing but whine unless they are winning. Like I said, Im a huge Razorback fan but im so tired of our fans being so ridiculous and whining about everything... Everybody cheats. Period.

Wahls

Quote from: Ex-HAplayer on April 09, 2011, 05:01:03 pm
Notice how both of you completely didn't respond at all. Is there any arkansas fan with a sensible response.

I didn't respond because I didn't read it. You want a sensible response, however your idea of sensible is so misconstrued that there is nothing reasonable that most people could say back to you that you would garner as "sensible."

So instead of wasting both of our time and the rest of the readers of this board, I decided to ignore it.

Ex-HAplayer

Thank you krik6. Finally a fan who isn't afraid to accept the fallacy of the game. I don't like arkansas either but I respect sensible fans.

AirWarren

April 09, 2011, 10:56:15 pm #115 Last Edit: April 09, 2011, 10:59:26 pm by AirWarren
Im 26. And you're an idiot. And that boy had nothing to do with Auburn tiger football. Been on here a LONG time and nothing anyone says on this thing will ever make me lose sleep. Especially some goofy looking little twit like yourself.

Ex-HAplayer

lol you act like your ten.  Look at you getting mad lol. You have no argument to fall back on so now all you can do is throw insults. Pathetic.

Hoghead

We gave up 63 points against Auburn ! I don't care about the bad calls. Those things happen. I don't care about Auburn cheating and peddling money to players. It's the SURE EVERYBODY CHEATS CONFERENCE. I'm a Hog Fan and I'm concerned about 18 years of SEC Football and NO SEC TITLES ! Regardless of how much money Cam Newton allegedly took there's ONE BIG THING the North Arkie Mongrels overlook. In ONE season at Auburn Cam Newtons TALENT, play and strength through adversity has never been seen before. That guy put his team on his shoulders and PIMP SLAPPED the WHOLE SEC ! Nobody has ever done what he did at the QB position in one year to the SEC what he did. People always talk about they want a QB with moxy, leadership skills, and toughness. Cam Newton did that to the fullest. So stop crying about how much money he got !!!!! Pat Sullivan got paid at Auburn too and won the Hiesman and nobody ever complained !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MA

Quote from: Hoghead on April 09, 2011, 11:59:14 pm
We gave up 63 points against Auburn ! I don't care about the bad calls. Those things happen. I don't care about Auburn cheating and peddling money to players. It's the SURE EVERYBODY CHEATS CONFERENCE. I'm a Hog Fan and I'm concerned about 18 years of SEC Football and NO SEC TITLES ! Regardless of how much money Cam Newton allegedly took there's ONE BIG THING the North Arkie Mongrels overlook. In ONE season at Auburn Cam Newtons TALENT, play and strength through adversity has never been seen before. That guy put his team on his shoulders and PIMP SLAPPED the WHOLE SEC ! Nobody has ever done what he did at the QB position in one year to the SEC what he did. People always talk about they want a QB with moxy, leadership skills, and toughness. Cam Newton did that to the fullest. So stop crying about how much money he got !!!!! Pat Sullivan got paid at Auburn too and won the Hiesman and nobody ever complained !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol This cracks me up!! PUT THE TEAM ON HIS BACK!! hahaha

**CAUTION** there is quite a bit of foul language in the video... but its worth it haha

Wahls

Ex-HAplayer

April 10, 2011, 08:20:36 am #120 Last Edit: April 10, 2011, 08:26:06 am by Ex-HAplayer
Quote from: Hoghead on April 09, 2011, 11:59:14 pm

+1. thank you. Your Arkansas brethren still has yet to answer the questions I have asked because they know they cannot say with a reasonable doubt that Arkansas doesn't cheat nor can they prove that Cam cheated. So, they whine about silly tactics and ignore the truth. diversionary skills indeed.

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: Ex-HAplayer on April 10, 2011, 08:20:36 am
they know they cannot say with a reasonable doubt that Arkansas doesn't cheat nor can they prove that Cam cheated.

Again, due to conference rules, Scam was ineligible due to his father shopping him around.

That's the one overriding fact here.  Nothing else matters more.

Now, write us another long winded petulant rant.

powerlifter90

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on April 10, 2011, 04:54:25 pm
they know they cannot say with a reasonable doubt that Arkansas doesn't cheat nor can they prove that Cam cheated.

Again, due to conference rules, Scam was ineligible due to his father shopping him around.

Cam is ONLY ineligible if the NCAA says he is, they didn't so he was good to go...... 
To all the cry babies bashing AUB, everyone cheats, get used to it.  I want to hear from one D1 college player (there aren't many on here) that says it doesn't or hasn't happened.  Players see that kind of stuff in the locker room every day and hear about it from teammates.  It's part of the game, if you aren't cheating you aren't trying hard enough.

Ex-HAplayer

April 10, 2011, 10:16:16 pm #123 Last Edit: April 10, 2011, 10:18:30 pm by Ex-HAplayer

Again, obviously it matters because he was allow to do this

Quit whimpering sir.

Wahls

Quote from: BUGEATERS on April 10, 2011, 10:14:34 pm

Cam is ONLY ineligible if the NCAA says he is, they didn't so he was good to go...... 

They actually did, and the SEC has the same reign over the rules involving players within their conference.

Hoghead

Cam Newton got shopped around by his Dad to other SEC Teams ? Funny how it never mattered when he was on the bench at Florida. Do you think Bert Jones received money while he was at LSU ? How about Steve Spurrier when he was a Gator ? Terry Beasley at Auburn, Major Olglevie at Bama, Herschal Walker at UGA, Mcfadden & Jones at Arkansas ???  Come a little closer so I can whisper this in your ear. THEY ALL GOT FRIGGING PAID !!!!!!

Ex-HAplayer

Quote from: Hoghead on April 10, 2011, 10:29:47 pm
Cam Newton got shopped around by his Dad to other SEC Teams ? Funny how it never mattered when he was on the bench at Florida. Do you think Bert Jones received money while he was at LSU ? How about Steve Spurrier when he was a Gator ? Terry Beasley at Auburn, Major Olglevie at Bama, Herschal Walker at UGA, Mcfadden & Jones at Arkansas ???  Come a little closer so I can whisper this in your ear. THEY ALL GOT FRIGGING PAID !!!!!!

Say it ain't so!  ;D

Wahls

Quote from: Ex-HAplayer on April 10, 2011, 10:32:47 pm
Quote from: Hoghead on April 10, 2011, 10:29:47 pm

Say it ain't so!  ;D

So it's okay for you to say that there's no proof of Cam doing anything, but when there's no proof other athletes might have been paid, it's a legit statement that they probably were and is proof positive that they did. What is wrong with you?

(Waits for another long and twisted argument which doesn't answer the question or really say or prove anything in general)

Ex-HAplayer

April 10, 2011, 11:54:54 pm #128 Last Edit: April 11, 2011, 12:19:24 am by Ex-HAplayer
I definitely said cam received benefits. I never said he didn't get paid. I said he didn't get paid 180,000 dollars!! read my post and get your head out of your ***. Like hoghead said, everybody benefits one way or another. Yet, you still haven't answered my questions on whether Arkansas has ever cut corners or received improper benefits. You are doing great ignoring me btw.

But with you its ok to point the finger at Auburn and call them cheaters when their is no proof at all as well? I can say the same thing about you! I have answered every question about cam and I have said he has received improper benefits. There is no way he didn't. This includes money,clothing, food, etc. I have also said I don't believe he is telling the truth. I really don't see how you can say I am dodging questions when i've stated that over and over again.

Like a hypocrite you say I am dodging questions but you have yet to answer mine.You say it is wrong for me to accuse people of taking money without proof but that is exactly what you are doing!!!!  Mind you, Arkansas own fans are saying this and you haven't called them out. I just agree that athletes in general receive improper benefits. I never named one specific athlete. I know you are going to try to spin it and say I am twisting words, sidestepping questions, put a funny pic up, replying with i am ignoring you (Ironic), etc

Sidenote: NCAA never ruled Cam ineligible. Auburn placed him ineligible and than had the case reviewed by the NCAA board.  The NCAA, with unusual pace, ruled him clear of wrongdoing (right now) and placed him eligible.

Wahls

You can take something inherently simple and turn it into something insanely stupid. I'm going to point by point debunk you because now you're just making stuff up. Sigh. Haven't had to do this in awhile.

Quote from: Ex-HAplayer on April 10, 2011, 11:54:54 pmI definitely said cam received benefits. I never said he didn't get paid. I said he didn't get paid 180,000 dollars!!

I do not care, I merely referenced the post you made and I wasn't holding it against you. That above has nothing to do with ANYTHING I said. More diversionary tactics here by arguing something that no one disputes.

heck NO, THE SKY IS BLUE NOT BROWN, Ex-HAplayer. What is wrong with you? See what I did there?

(I took something you never argued and held it against you. Kind of retarded, isn't it?)

Here's the quote I was referencing in my original first sentence:
QuoteI have asked because they know they cannot say with a reasonable doubt that Arkansas doesn't cheat nor can they prove that Cam cheated.

Quote from: Ex-HAplayer on April 10, 2011, 11:54:54 pmread my post and get your head out of your ***.

See the diversionary tactics reference above.

Quote from: Ex-HAplayer on April 10, 2011, 11:54:54 pmLike hoghead said, everybody benefits one way or another. Yet, you still haven't answered my questions on whether Arkansas has ever cut corners or received improper benefits. You are doing great ignoring me btw.

It is largely irrelevant to the original point, and I still haven't read your questions because if they're as poorly thought out as this post, I may not make it out alive.

Quote from: Ex-HAplayer on April 10, 2011, 11:54:54 pmBut with you its ok to point the finger at Auburn and call them cheaters when their is no proof at all as well? I can say the same thing about you!

Where did I call them cheaters? I'm going to quote you by telling you to remove your head from your anus and read my posts. Idiot. PLEASE quote me where I said that.

Quote from: Ex-HAplayer on April 10, 2011, 11:54:54 pmLike a hypocrite you say I am dodging questions but you have yet to answer mine.

I'm going to let you in on a secret - diversionary tactics don't necessarily consist of dodging questions. I never accused you of the latter. EVER. And yes, the sky is blue. (See, right here I'm referencing the fact that you're throwing up another red herring by referencing back to the part where I said the sky is blue comment. Just FYI.)

Quote from: Ex-HAplayer on April 10, 2011, 11:54:54 pmYou say it is wrong for me to accuse people of taking money without proof but that is exactly what you are doing!!!!

Jesus Christ. Herrings are red, and the sky is blue.

Quote from: Ex-HAplayer on April 10, 2011, 11:54:54 pmI have answered every question about cam and I have said he has received improper benefits. There is no way he didn't. This includes money,clothing, food, etc. I have also said I don't believe he is telling the truth. I really don't see how you can say I am dodging questions when i've stated that over and over again.

Again, go back up and see where I explained the phrase diversionary tactics. Sheesh.

Quote from: Ex-HAplayer on April 10, 2011, 11:54:54 pmLike a hypocrite you say I am dodging questions but you have yet to answer mine.You say it is wrong for me to accuse people of taking money without proof but that is exactly what you are doing!!!!

You have a VERY basic reading problem, and I mean BASIC.

Hoghead

If Auburn invested 180,000 dollars in Cam Newton to win them a NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP. I have to say the kid didn't let them down and it wasn't a waste of money. A sweet cheap deal !

Ex-HAplayer

April 11, 2011, 12:43:26 am #131 Last Edit: April 11, 2011, 12:49:37 am by Ex-HAplayer
so that means you aren't going to answer my question. Ok great. Will a hog fan just answer this question.  Can any of you say without a reasonable doubt that in the last five years no Arkansas player has been given improper benefits of any kind?

Because I can for sure say Auburn players receive benefits and have no problem admitting that. I also can say I am still a proud Auburn fan. I do not  support the illegal actions that happen underneath it all, but I do support my tigers and cam.

That is basically what this argument is all about and boils down to. I have said it happens and you need to get over it! That doesn't make me a bad fan, someone who doesn't care for the game or endorsing it.

Hoghead

Quote from: Ex-HAplayer on April 11, 2011, 12:43:26 am
so that means you aren't going to answer my question. Ok great. Will a hog fan just answer this question.  Can any of you say without a reasonable doubt that in the last five years no Arkansas player has been given improper benefits of any kind?
I can honestly say the old secret envelope with money from Hog Boosters has been slipped to a many player at Arkansas.

Because I can for sure say Auburn players receive benefits and have no problem admitting that. I also can say I am still a proud Auburn fan. I do not  support the illegal actions that happen underneath it all, but I do support my tigers and cam.

Ex-HAplayer

April 11, 2011, 12:51:15 am #133 Last Edit: April 11, 2011, 12:52:49 am by Ex-HAplayer
Quote from: Hoghead on April 11, 2011, 12:49:26 am
Quote from: Ex-HAplayer on April 11, 2011, 12:43:26 am
I can honestly say the old secret envelope with money from Hog Boosters has been slipped to a many player at Arkansas.

Thank you. I guess since you have admitted this you are a bad fan and have no respect for the game. In fact,  you are just as bad as that booster HH..

So knowing this. Does that make you not support the hogs?

Hoghead

April 11, 2011, 01:46:25 pm #134 Last Edit: April 11, 2011, 01:49:25 pm by Hoghead
All the Big Time schools slip money to Big Time players. I'm not saying it's right, but it's the way things are and how they operate. I mean we see it on FF all the time. Are people more concerned with Bobby Ray Johnsons 40 time or his GPA ? If Bobby Ray happens to graduate great. If he's a ALL-SEC RB, Doak Walker winner and Hiesmen Trophy winner who really cares if he graduates !!! If Bobby Ray happens to take a little cash while he's at ARKANSAS and win us a NATIONAL Championship we're telling the whole College Football World to kiss our Butts ! That's the way it works.

powerlifter90

The Sure Everyone Cheats conference couldn't let Cam be ruled ineligible because without him AUB doens't win the NC. 

AirWarren

Quote from: Ex-HAplayer on April 09, 2011, 11:25:08 pm
lol you act like your ten.  Look at you getting mad lol. You have no argument to fall back on so now all you can do is throw insults. Pathetic.
You're ignorance requires ignorant posts by me. I don't mind having an intellectual conversation with someone with a little bit of sense. Which is what you lack. Again, who on earth would get mad at a goofy looking twit like yourself.

BTW, you can tell me to quit whining in the open not through personal message.

Ex-HAplayer

April 11, 2011, 10:40:43 pm #137 Last Edit: April 11, 2011, 10:54:44 pm by Ex-HAplayer
Quote from: AirWarren on April 11, 2011, 07:24:32 pm
Quote from: Ex-HAplayer on April 09, 2011, 11:25:08 pm
You're ignorance requires ignorant posts by me. I don't mind having an intellectual conversation with someone with a little bit of sense. Which is what you lack. Again, who on earth would get mad at a goofy looking twit like yourself.

BTW, you can tell me to quit whining in the open not through personal message.

Computer hard talk from a tool. Just what I need. Goofy? smh. Im not going to argue with you over a website man. You are taking a sports forum too far and to a personal level.

bleudog

Nothing to do with Auburn, but here's an email I got I thought some might appreciate (and Calipari is a basketball pimp anyway).

Butler Hoops Team Under Investigation -

INDIANAPOLIS - Butler's run in the NCAA Men's Basketball National Championship Game may be tarnished after reports surfaced that all 13 players are being given good educations in an effort to help them find good jobs after they leave the school. 'It's important to remember that right now these are only allegations. Allegations we are looking into' said NCAA president James Isch.

If true this would be very disappointing. The NCAA has certain expectations and standards. It is not fair that players at one school be given good educations while athletes at other schools receive basic, remedial instruction worth essentially nothing.' According to documents seized from the school's registrar's office, Butler players have received an education worth $38,616 per year totaling $154,500 over a four year career.

Compare that to player at a school like Kentucky where tuition is set at $4,051, with an actual value far below that. 'We don't want to say too much until these reports are confirmed' said Kentucky head basketball coach John Calipari. "But we're talking about $138,000 difference in education per player and that's even if my players stayed four years or graduated which many of them do not.

Then these Butler players are stepping into good jobs after graduation while my kids, if they don't make the NBA, have absolutely no job prospects or life skills. It is far from a balanced playing field. They are buying the best players by giving them a high priced education."

In addition to the allegations that they were given an expensive education Butler players have been spotted around campus holding books, studying and engaging in interesting conversations. Others have been seen with people who are not tutors.

Butler point guard Ronald Nored, a secondary education major, denied allegations that the Bulldog program is cheating. 'The discourse on this matter is fatuous and inane' he said, implicating the program further.

;D

redwolf143

Quote from: bleudog on April 12, 2011, 08:32:24 am
Nothing to do with Auburn, but here's an email I got I thought some might appreciate (and Calipari is a basketball pimp anyway).

Butler Hoops Team Under Investigation -

INDIANAPOLIS - Butler's run in the NCAA Men's Basketball National Championship Game may be tarnished after reports surfaced that all 13 players are being given good educations in an effort to help them find good jobs after they leave the school. 'It's important to remember that right now these are only allegations. Allegations we are looking into' said NCAA president James Isch.

If true this would be very disappointing. The NCAA has certain expectations and standards. It is not fair that players at one school be given good educations while athletes at other schools receive basic, remedial instruction worth essentially nothing.' According to documents seized from the school's registrar's office, Butler players have received an education worth $38,616 per year totaling $154,500 over a four year career.

Compare that to player at a school like Kentucky where tuition is set at $4,051, with an actual value far below that. 'We don't want to say too much until these reports are confirmed' said Kentucky head basketball coach John Calipari. "But we're talking about $138,000 difference in education per player and that's even if my players stayed four years or graduated which many of them do not.

Then these Butler players are stepping into good jobs after graduation while my kids, if they don't make the NBA, have absolutely no job prospects or life skills. It is far from a balanced playing field. They are buying the best players by giving them a high priced education."

In addition to the allegations that they were given an expensive education Butler players have been spotted around campus holding books, studying and engaging in interesting conversations. Others have been seen with people who are not tutors.

Butler point guard Ronald Nored, a secondary education major, denied allegations that the Bulldog program is cheating. 'The discourse on this matter is fatuous and inane' he said, implicating the program further.

;D

That's great!

Ex-HAplayer

Coach Venny Slocombe

My main problem with this is the cheating in general. I agree that most if not all schools cheat in some fashion. But does that make it right? I mean if all schools are cheating then why not just pay the players? At some point this has got to stop. And it really amazes me at the number of people on this board that are okay with the cheating. I mean Bugs statement kinda sums it up. "If you are not cheating you are not trying hard enough". I mean really...is that the way you approach weightlifting Bugs? Are you cheating to achieve your weights? Are you taking illegal supplements and enhancers?
Bottom Line is, the NCAA needs to pull their heads out of the sand and take action against any school that cheats whether it be Auburn, Ohio State or Arkansas.

redwolf143

Quote from: Ex-HAplayer on April 13, 2011, 11:53:09 pm
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=6346924

Hmmm, not a big fan of him having a suit already against Auburn; gives him a disgruntled employee persona.

Rizzo

Quote from: Coach Venny Slocombe on April 14, 2011, 09:15:07 am
My main problem with this is the cheating in general. I agree that most if not all schools cheat in some fashion. But does that make it right? I mean if all schools are cheating then why not just pay the players? At some point this has got to stop. And it really amazes me at the number of people on this board that are okay with the cheating. I mean Bugs statement kinda sums it up. "If you are not cheating you are not trying hard enough". I mean really...is that the way you approach weightlifting Bugs? Are you cheating to achieve your weights? Are you taking illegal supplements and enhancers?
Bottom Line is, the NCAA needs to pull their heads out of the sand and take action against any school that cheats whether it be Auburn, Ohio State or Arkansas.
Problem is catching them.

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: Rizzo on April 14, 2011, 10:06:33 am

The NCAA is working on it.

It's a shame that the barn isn't eligible for the death penalty. 

Rizzo

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on April 14, 2011, 04:24:52 pm
Quote from: Rizzo on April 14, 2011, 10:06:33 am

The NCAA is working on it.

It's a shame that the barn isn't eligible for the death penalty.
I wasn't talking about Auburn alone.

There is absolutely no possible way to catch every team in everything wrong they do.

powerlifter90

Quote from: Coach Venny Slocombe on April 14, 2011, 09:15:07 am

Vinny:powerlifting and major college sports are entirely different, there are a few of us that make 6 figures, that is the top lifters, college sports is a multi-billion dollar business so you are comparing apples to oranges.

As far as "illegal" supplements.......... although "supplements" may be illegal by law, the fed(s) I lift in do NOT test, so nothing is really "illegal"

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: Rizzo on April 14, 2011, 04:33:17 pm

There is absolutely no possible way to catch every team in everything wrong they do.

Obviously not, but when you have such gross violations of the rules and a widespread disregard for them as you do at Auburn, something must be done.

I reject the "everybody cheats" way of thinking - all it does is provide cover for the crooked programs.  Moreover, it's a moral equivalency argument, and that tactic is incorrect.

powerlifter90

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on April 14, 2011, 09:01:57 pm
Quote from: Rizzo on April 14, 2011, 04:33:17 pm

Obviously not, but when you have such gross violations of the rules and a widespread disregard for them as you do at Auburn, something must be done.

I reject the "everybody cheats" way of thinking - all it does is provide cover for the crooked programs.  Moreover, it's a moral equivalency argument, and that tactic is incorrect.

Ivan:  I hate what college sports has turned into, but what can WE do?  We can itch and moan all we want but nothing is going to change the fact that all the programs bend and break the rules, it JUST happens.  The reasoning behind me saying "everyone cheats" is that we shouldn't be THAT shocked when someone actually gets caught.  It amuses me how people react when a program actually gets nailed, it shouldn't be that surprising.

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: BUGEATERS on April 14, 2011, 09:26:48 pm

It amuses me how people react when a program actually gets nailed, it shouldn't be that surprising.

Depends on what program it is.  Say Vanderbilt is running an Auburn-type pay for play scheme.  You wouldn't be at least a little surprised? 

Nobody expects a school like Vandy to do it, but it's not shocking when a serial cheater like Auburn does.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas