• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The All Soccer Thread(US soccer, EPL, European leagues, Spanish/Mexican leagues.)

Started by AirWarren, August 02, 2015, 09:00:03 am

Previous topic - Next topic

beach bum

Brazil being absolutely flustered by Costa Rica... Neymar throws the ball down and gets a yellow and Coutihno seconds later for mouthing the ref. South American teams look horrible this year.

AirWarren

Quote from: beach bum on June 21, 2018, 04:18:00 pm

Croatia looked like a squad hungry to make a nation proud.... While Argentina's players look content. Croatia played so much harder and intense than Argentina in the 2nd half. The goal differential will probably be too much for them to overcome.

Brazil finally came alive.

Neymar and Countinho sealed costa rica's Fate.

beach bum

Switzerland wins over Serbia in stoppage time 2-1 with a late Xherdan Shaqiri goal.... That was a great match.

AirWarren

OHHHHH MY.

Ronaldo's army avoids an obvious red card elbow to the face of an Iranian player by Ronaldo.

Fast forward to 2 minutes into the 6 minutes stoppage time.....Portugal commits a handball. After begging and pleading by the Iranian players and coaches, the ref goes to the VUR and handball is called. Iran then ties it up 1-1. Then goes right down the field and ALMOST gets a second goal. Time expires and Portugal moves on.

What a match. 97 minutes of hard fought soccer.

beach bum

Unbelievable that if Germany could have taken care of all those chances in the first 90 minutes they could have knocked Mexico out even with 6 points.... Germany got what they deserved not knocking in any of those chances. That was awesome seeing South Korea get that break away goal for the dagger.

AirWarren

Quote from: beach bum on June 27, 2018, 11:06:37 am
Unbelievable that if Germany could have taken care of all those chances in the first 90 minutes they could have knocked Mexico out even with 6 points.... Germany got what they deserved not knocking in any of those chances. That was awesome seeing South Korea get that break away goal for the dagger.

The drama that was going on between those two games. Mexico fans were in the dumps, Sweden was excited. Fans shown in tears in the stands. Then the CERVEZA started flying when Germany conceded their goal!

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: beach bum on June 27, 2018, 11:06:37 am

This is the worst showing by the Germans in Russia since the winter of 1943.

AirWarren

Longfellow

Quote from: Chief_Osceola™ on June 27, 2018, 12:50:07 pm
This is the worst showing by the Germans in Russia since the winter of 1943.
I laughed at this for a solid ten minutes

AirWarren

AirWarren

beach bum

They are not messing around in this France vs Argentina match.... France is up 3-2 with about 25 minutes left

AirWarren

Quote from: beach bum on June 30, 2018, 10:23:53 am
They are not messing around in this France vs Argentina match.... France is up 3-2 with about 25 minutes left

One of the teams that I want to be eliminated immediately.

However, their talent....ridiculous.

VHSCoach2

That was probably Messi's last match as a part of the Argentinian National Team.

beach bum

Quote from: AirWarren on June 30, 2018, 11:15:06 am
One of the teams that I want to be eliminated immediately.

However, their talent....ridiculous.

Mbappe on that first breakaway showed insane pace.... And then in the other match Edinson Cavani's match winner was brilliant to send Uruguay to the quarterfinals.

beach bum

Quote from: VHSCoach2 on June 30, 2018, 05:04:40 pm
That was probably Messi's last match as a part of the Argentinian National Team.

No Ronaldo vs Messi in the quarters.... Spain and Croatia should go through tomorrow but we will see if that happens.

AirWarren

Quote from: beach bum on June 30, 2018, 06:28:40 pm
Mbappe on that first breakaway showed insane pace.... And then in the other match Edinson Cavani's match winner was brilliant to send Uruguay to the quarterfinals.

Luis Suarez is a jerk....but man can he play.

AirWarren

VHSCoach2

1-Adam-12

That was some tremendous goalkeeping in Croatia/Denmark.  Subasic and Schmeichel put on a show.

AirWarren

AirWarren

Mexico playing typical Mexican soccer.....aggressive on the counter attack, solid defense, playing their passing lanes very crisp. Controlled the first 20 minutes. Then Brazil woke up and the last 25 minutes of the half Brazil looked threatening. Willian(shout out to Chelsea FC), Coutinho, and Neymar looking to make a goal.

Should be an exciting second half. This is an intense game.

AirWarren

AirWarren

NEYMAR TO FIRMINO!!!!!!!! 2-0 88th minute.

Mexican soccer is good....but you just cannot compete with EPL/PSG/Spanish/Champions league talent.....and Brasil is just full of it. Substitution after substitution is world class talent.

AirWarren

Brazil advances. My goodness. You could just see the talent wearing down Mexico minute by minute.

beach bum

AirWarren

Quote from: beach bum on July 02, 2018, 11:47:58 am
Belgium vs Brazil will be title quality in the quarterfinals.

Brazil is a EPL/Ligue 1/La Liga/Bundesliga dream team.

beach bum

AirWarren

AirWarren

AirWarren

EDEN HAZARD TO FELLAINI on the cross then the HEADER!!!!

2-2 in the 74th. MAN what a match.

AirWarren

BELGIUM on the counter attack!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 3-2!!!!!!!!!

Stunning gut punch to Japan.

AirWarren

I mean I do not care if you hate soccer, but that was the most entertaining soccer match I have seen in a long time. In any sport. Hats off to Japan. They fought a LOADED Belgium team for 94 minutes but could not hold on.

Belgium moves on.....will face another loaded team Friday...Brazil.

Its like the 4a state football playoffs baby! The best of the best!

beach bum

I only was able to catch the last Belgium goal.... What a match. Now I hope they stomp Neymar and Brazil.

AirWarren

Quote from: beach bum on July 02, 2018, 04:09:27 pm
I only was able to catch the last Belgium goal.... What a match. Now I hope they stomp Neymar and Brazil.

Belgium and Brazil. Should be a fun one.

AirWarren

Sweden vs Switzerland.....boring so far. Kind of like watching two 2 yards and a cloud of dust offenses going at it. No finesse.

AirWarren

AirWarren

Quote from: beach bum on July 02, 2018, 04:09:27 pm

Neymar's antics are becoming very childish. He is too good of a player to be acting like he has been.

Sweden advances.

AirWarren

AirWarren

Tempers flaring on both sides. Yellow card tackle on Kane in the box. Penalty kick good for Captain Kane.

1-0 England in the 57th.

WPWells

AirWarren

AirWarren

Holy Smokes. going to extra time. In the 92nd minute.....Mina takes a header off a corner kick from Cuardardo. The form was fantastic placing the ball into the ground off the header and bouncing into the net.

England is stunned.

AirWarren

England wins in PKs. 4-3. Holy smokes what a match. Thanks for the near heart attack....red coats from across the pond.

VHSCoach2

The Cubs won a World Series, the Eagles won a Super Bowl, the Cavaliers won a title, the Capitals won a Stanley Cup, and England won a penalty shootout.

What a time to be alive recently.

AirWarren

1-Adam-12

Win for Belgium! What a save by Courtois from Neymar to wrap it up!

AirWarren

AirWarren

AirWarren

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas