• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

5A STATE CHAMPIONSHIP(SAT 6:30): Pulaski Academy vs LR McClellan

Started by Brian G, November 24, 2017, 09:23:42 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Who do you think wins and who do you want to win?

PA/PA
35 (46.7%)
PA/LRM
36 (48%)
LRM/PA
0 (0%)
LRM/LRM
4 (5.3%)

Total Members Voted: 75

Voting closed: December 01, 2017, 10:41:33 pm

JessieP

Quote from: MDXPHD on November 28, 2017, 11:43:54 am
Is there any history between these two teams and coaches?

I think people are referring to Kelly calling time outs at the end of the Championship a couple years ago. Simply to add points to a blow out win. I consider that short man syndrome. There was quite an uproar over that. It was out of character to me because Kelly doesn't tolerate taunting or show boating. He demands his players act respectfully, I admire that. If you talk to actual players they will tell you PA players don't trash talk or play dirty, again a classy team. The vast majority of PA posters are classy as well, they do overplay the "I'm worried" card. They will win this week and win big. They have a couple who think serious brain injuries or making fun of disadvantaged human beings is funny but they are the exception. 

Red Devil Alum

Quote from: MDXPHD on November 28, 2017, 01:41:30 pm
Do Kelley and Moody get along well?
I am not sure. I have seen coach Moody congratulate Coach Kelley on a win 4 times in the last 3 seasons, so I'm guess yes?

Go Postal

Quote from: The Future on November 28, 2017, 11:47:31 am
I agree.
PADad and the other PA posters are doing a great job at staying respectable and humble, going with the mindset of "we could possibly lose"  and not chugging the Bruin Kool aid and walking around pulling a Joe Nameth and guaranteeing a win.
And that's real classy of them. But sometimes it's perfectly ok to say we got this.

In the end PA wins by several TDs. I doubt they score 60 though.

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: Red Devil Alum on November 28, 2017, 01:18:32 pm
McClellan secured a 2nd place finish in the state, besting 30 other teams, 2 years ago. PA was there to watch and cheer the Lions on.

So THAT'S why the late-game timeouts were called.  PA just needed a few more minutes to congratulate LRMc.  Good grief, you could have saved that thread 2 years ago from turning into a 20-page fiasco.

Yellowcake

Quote from: JessieP on November 28, 2017, 02:14:48 pm
I think people are referring to Kelly calling time outs at the end of the Championship a couple years ago. Simply to add points to a blow out win. I consider that short man syndrome. There was quite an uproar over that. It was out of character to me because Kelly doesn't tolerate taunting or show boating. He demands his players act respectfully, I admire that. If you talk to actual players they will tell you PA players don't trash talk or play dirty, again a classy team. The vast majority of PA posters are classy as well, they do overplay the "I'm worried" card. They will win this week and win big. They have a couple who think serious brain injuries or making fun of disadvantaged human beings is funny but they are the exception.

Mischaracterizations of statements and false factual basis with respect to context JP, but hopefully we can move past that.

With that said, did anyone read in the paper the quote from the McClellan player? In a nutshell, he said everyone everywhere they went was treating them awesome and really hoping they beat PA. He said he expected the stands to be packed with folks from Little Rock. He shouldn't have limited that to Little Rock. People will come from all over hoping to see that happen.

I think PA thrives on that. And I suspect PA will break a few hearts, again. They will come in underestimating no one, will play 100%, and will bask in the glory of a 4-peat.

Go Bruins. I need a new t-shirt that says 4-peat.

Go Postal

Quote from: Yellowcake on November 29, 2017, 10:46:32 pm
I suspect PA will break a few hearts, again. They will come in underestimating no one, will play 100%, and will bask in the glory of a 4-peat.

Go Bruins. I need a new t-shirt that says 4-peat.

makessense

Quote from: JessieP on November 28, 2017, 02:14:48 pm

Kelly fell on his sword the next day and apologized in several different forums (FF, facebook and to his players).  It was out of character and nothing like that has come about since.   

Yellowcake

Go Postal

RiverRunner02

Saw on twitter that PA coaches challenged McCllean to a 225 pound bench press match up. Pretty cool if you ask me.

https://twitter.com/sully7777/status/935738276929048577

Red Devil Alum

Quote from: RiverRunner02 on December 01, 2017, 11:57:31 am
Saw on twitter that PA coaches challenged McCllean to a 225 pound bench press match up. Pretty cool if you ask me.

https://twitter.com/sully7777/status/935738276929048577
Both of those head coaches put up some weight too. Impressive.

Danold Dump

I know PA is heavily favored, but the Dump sure would like to see McClellan pull the upset, call a timeout late in the game with the lead and game in hand, then take a knee...Dump has spoken...dump out

Rocket23

Hear Monticello is interested in Moody taking over their program.  Supposedly going to meet with him next week.

Red Devil Alum

Quote from: Danold Dump on December 01, 2017, 01:02:46 pm
I know PA is heavily favored, but the Dump sure would like to see McClellan pull the upset, call a timeout late in the game with the lead and game in hand, then take a knee...Dump has spoken...dump out
We'll see if you get your wish.

Overdahill

Quote from: Red Devil Alum on December 01, 2017, 12:16:05 pm
Both of those head coaches put up some weight too. Impressive.

Nice! They have been putting some work in :)

PA Dad

Quote from: Jimmy1995 on November 24, 2017, 09:32:43 pm
DIfferebt ballgame. Thanks to all who doubted us!

Jimmy, you have had great faith in McClellan the last three years.  Many, including me, thought you were wrong.  I'll pay much more attention to your predictions in the future.

Coach Moody has done a great job at McClellan.  They deserve to be in the final.

Maybe Central was the strongest conference this year?

Yellowcake

Quote from: MDXPHD on November 28, 2017, 01:41:30 pm
Do Kelley and Moody get along well?

You are truly embracing the role of antagonist. I bow and pass the baton.....😉

RyanLR

I feel like PA can just name their score in this. McClellan is big and physical but this is what PA does; they've been here and done that before.

MDXPHD

Quote from: Yellowcake on December 01, 2017, 10:47:21 pm
You are truly embracing the role of antagonist. I bow and pass the baton.....😉

I'm truly honored. Thank you.

Maynard G Krebs

MDXPHD

The most excitement about the game is a bench pressing contest between the coaches. Maybe there will be a decent crowd today though

STBruin

Quote from: Rocket23 on December 01, 2017, 01:29:25 pm
Hear Monticello is interested in Moody taking over their program.  Supposedly going to meet with him next week.

On the radio the other day, they mentioned UAPB. That would be an interesting fit!!!!

SWAT524

Overdahill

MDXPHD

PA Bruin Fan

The Future

Greenwood gave us the blowout.
NLR gave us the nail bitter.
Will McClellan give us the upset??

Maynard G Krebs

December 02, 2017, 04:45:14 pm #80 Last Edit: December 02, 2017, 05:16:09 pm by Maynard G Krebs
Quote from: The Future on December 02, 2017, 03:44:06 pm
Greenwood gave us the blowout.
NLR gave us the nail bitter.
Will McClellan give us the upset??

Hope not. 

Just watched the Bruins arrive @ wms.

camo5257

Maynard G Krebs

Quote from: camo5257 on December 02, 2017, 06:07:33 pm
Livestream?

YouTube stream available but I don't know specifics.  Maybe a google search will help

AT

I can't find it on TV or a stream.

According to Leland on twitter:

PA received the kickoff and turned ball over on downs on their own 21.

McClellan ball on the PA 21.

LRM - 0

PA - 0

1Q

AT

LRM fumbles on the first play of the drive. PA recovers on the PA 23.

PA ball on the PA 23.

LRM - 0

PA - 0

1Q

Deuceswild

Www.nfhsnetwork.com but it costs $10 a month and u gotta cancel or u get charged again.
Also having trouble viewing but may be my connection, keep u posted

AT

My word

PA throws an interception at the LRM 15. LRM returns it all the way to the PA 29.

LRM ball on the PA 29

LRM - 0

PA - 0

1Q

MDXPHD

fnu lnu

Quote from: Almatrackster on December 02, 2017, 06:46:22 pm
I can't find it on TV or a stream.

According to Leland on twitter:

PA received the kickoff and turned ball over on downs on their own 21.

McClellan ball on the PA 21.

LRM - 0

PA - 0

1Q

Almatrackster, I just found it on 103.7 the Buzz (radio) on the internet but I do not have your skills.

AT

Thanks guys, I'll see if I can get those working:

LRM - 8

PA - 0

3:47 1Q

AT

PA ball somewhere. Listening to MDX's link now. I'll find out soon.

PA ball on the PA 18.

1st and 10 - Incomplete pass.
2nd and 10 - 1 yard pass to the PA 19.
3rd and 9 - -4 yard run to the PA 15.
4th and 13 - Incomplete pass. Turnover on downs.

LRM - 8

PA - 0

1Q

PA Dad

AT

LRM ball on the PA 15.

1st and 10 - 15 yard touchdown run. 2 point conversion no good.

LRM - 14

PA - 0

2:something 1Q

MDXPHD

They're playing man defense and blitzing every play it seems. Wonder how long it will work.

PA can be down 21+ and I still wouldn't be confident that PA would lose

AT

LRM kicks off after the touchdown.

PA returns the ball to the PA 31.

PA ball on the PA 31.

1st and 10 - 3 yard pass to the PA 34.
2nd and 7 - 10 yard pass to the PA 44.

1st and 10 - -3 yard run to the PA 41.
2nd and 13 - 46 yard pass to the LRM 13.

1st and 10 - 8 yard run to the LRM 5.
2nd and 2 - 5 yard touchdown run. 2 point conversion good.

LRM - 14

PA - 8

Late 1Q

AT

PA kicks off after the touchdown. LRM recovers the ball on the PA 42.

LRM ball on the PA 42.

1st and 10 - 12 yard run to the PA 30.

LRM - 14

PA - 8

end of 1Q

The Future

Quote from: MDXPHD on December 02, 2017, 07:01:33 pm
They're playing man defense and blitzing every play it seems. Wonder how long it will work.

PA can be down 21+ and I still wouldn't be confident that PA would lose

Teams like them you just gotta keep playing like you are down by 7. Never let up and never assume they can't come back and score.

MDXPHD

Quote from: The Future on December 02, 2017, 07:11:41 pm
Teams like them you just gotta keep playing like you are down by 7. Never let up and never assume they can't come back and score.

Agreed. And that onside kick can change things quickly

AT

LRM ball on the PA 30.

1st and 10 - 1 yard run to the PA 29.
2nd and 9 - Incomplete pass.
3rd and 9 - 6 yard run to the PA 23.
4th and 3 - 9 yard run to the PA 12.

1st and 10 - 2 yard run to the PA 10.
2nd and 8 - 0 yard run to the PA 10.
3rd and 8 - 0 yard run to the PA 10.
4th and 8 - 10 yard touchdown pass. 2 point conversion no good.

LRM - 20

PA - 8

8:16? 2Q

AT

LRM kicks off after the touchdown.

PA recovers the kick at the PA 35.

PA ball on the PA 35.

1st and 10 - Incomplete pass.
2nd and 10 - 9 yard pass to the PA 44.
3rd and 1 - 11 yard run to the LRM 45.

1st and 10 - -5 yard run to the 50.
2nd and 15 - Incomplete pass.
3rd and 15 - -2 yard pass to the PA 48.
4th and 17 - Incomplete pass. Turnover on downs.

LRM - 20

PA - 8

2Q

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas