• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Preview your favorite team

Started by Vballfan, July 29, 2016, 02:58:50 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Vballfan

July 29, 2016, 02:58:50 pm Last Edit: July 29, 2016, 03:23:11 pm by Vballfan
Cabot - 4 returning Letter winners which happen to be Seniors.  Left sides Madison Brown and Taylor Bell, Libero Kaelee Simmons and Setter Regan Campbell.   These 4 have played together since 7th grade. A 5th senior tore her ACL in the off season...  Very unfortunate.

Cabot will be inexperienced in the middle and at present significantly undersized on the right side.   Non Conf includes Benton, Batesville, Little Rock Flames and Pulaski Academy.   Conf play Fort Smith Schools, Conway, NLR, MSM, Bryant, Little Rock Central.  good luck to all.

sevenof400

This is not quite on topic, but allow me a slight departure.

Cabot's Parks and Rec. Program will be starting it's third year of youth volleyball.  This program provides third grade and older youth with volleyball playing opportunities prior to entering junior high.  It's a great program that will pay dividends for Cabot in the coming years.  Here's hoping other communities follow suit.

Vballfan

Quote from: sevenof400 on July 29, 2016, 03:10:51 pm
This is not quite on topic, but allow me a slight departure.

Cabot's Parks and Rec. Program will be starting it's third year of youth volleyball.  This program provides third grade and older youth with volleyball playing opportunities prior to entering junior high.  It's a great program that will pay dividends for Cabot in the coming years.  Here's hoping other communities follow suit.

yes, its great that the are starting younger.  one issue in the past has been with only actual 3-4 coaches in the school ball program grades 7-12 and when 75-80 kids show up for 7th grade volleyball  - one head coach had to deal with that, the 8th grade and 9th grade.  I have heard that maybe they added some coaches this year which should be a big help in the junior highs.  Cabot has the interest, community support and they have the athletes playing club. 

3n2

Younger Brown, Morgan I believe, could be a big help.  She is tall can block, hitting will only get better, and she has good hands for a young tall lanky girl.  Saw her play in JO this past season at Conway.  Sounds like the pieces are there just got to plug them in.

1-Adam-12

Booneville has 5 All-District players (2 setters, 2 outside, 1 middle) returning from a 23-8-2 team that tied for regular season conference championship.  Four of those are seniors, the other is a very talented junior. Four girls that paid their dues in JV last season and a talented upcoming sophomore group (28-3-1 last year) will be battling for positions.

It looked like the experienced players and younger ones were meshing well at Branson camp.  Really had only one bad match. Sophomore libero and middle looked really good and are adjusting to the speed of the senior high game well.  Will get to see them again at Mena camp on Tuesday.

Due to the size of our combined conference we only get two non-conference matches, however we'll be in three tournaments (Mena, Fountain Lake, Paris) that usually draw very good competition. 

Best wishes to your teams!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas