• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My East Standings so far

Started by Bigboy36, September 10, 2017, 03:35:58 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigboy36

September 10, 2017, 03:35:58 pm Last Edit: September 10, 2017, 06:28:47 pm by Bigboy36
1. (2-0)Wynne- Defensively has to be one of the best. Had some key starters out who changes the game should be back soon.
T2. (0-2)Batesville- has had a very tough out of conference schedule, usually get's together during conference. We'll know a lot about them after the Nettleton game
T2. (2-0)Nettleton- They have not just beat teams but have dominated. The difference from this year to last year is the defense, and they come out hard. If Nettleton beats batesville week 4 then it's going to be interesting.
4.(1-1) Valley View- Needs to fix it's defense, Offensively pretty good
5. (1-1) Forrest city- Lost a lot last year offensively has been okay
6. (1-1) Blytheville- a completely different team from last year.
7. (0-2) Paragould- Improved team just not enough to compete this year
8.(0-2) Green County Tech- Can't tell a difference be lucky to win a game this year they have a good RB though

Bigboy36

The only reason I have Batesville and nettleton tied is because last year nettleton went 3-0 and crashed. I know they're a different team this year but better safe than sorry. I think Nettleton will beat Batesville more talk about that game next week.

Rick Swines

Wynne won both games didn't they?

Rick Swines

I agree with your analysis. I do believe nettleton is better than Batesville even though it's hard to pull the trigger bc of tradition. Our defense got shredded by jonesboro who looked bad against conway. It got shredded by searcy but I believe they are a really good team.

Offensively we are struggling too. Line is getting beat badly. It's hard for our qb to get it to our playmakers.

If wynnes defense is better than last year then they will win the east. I've heard they are but I'm not sure how good maumelle and marion are.

Nettleton on the scoreboard has looked great. Vv has put up some numbers. The others look average at best.

tmycjy

yes they did they beat Marion 24-20 and then beat Maumelle 46-7

Bigboy36

yes that's my bad i knew ill fix it

Bigboy36

Quote from: Rick Swines on September 10, 2017, 06:09:05 pm
I agree with your analysis. I do believe nettleton is better than Batesville even though it's hard to pull the trigger bc of tradition. Our defense got shredded by jonesboro who looked bad against conway. It got shredded by searcy but I believe they are a really good team.

Offensively we are struggling too. Line is getting beat badly. It's hard for our qb to get it to our playmakers.

If wynnes defense is better than last year then they will win the east. I've heard they are but I'm not sure how good maumelle and marion are.

Nettleton on the scoreboard has looked great. Vv has put up some numbers. The others look average at best.
I was suprised that y'all O-Line isnt as great usually it's always good and y'all did pick up a good coach from blytheville though.

JessieP

Quote from: Rick Swines on September 10, 2017, 06:09:05 pm

I agree with some of that. Nettleton is NOT better then Batesville. I think all the funeral planning may be a bit premature. Batesville has all the weapons needed to contend for a State title. They have started out the past few years 0-2 and then started their run. But yes, the biggest problem is the offensive line, you are correct in saying they are getting whipped. They are getting beat bad in the trenches, they could have Dez Bryant on that team and it wouldn't matter. If you can't run the ball or get it to your star receivers they may as well be playing on their Iphones during the game. If they fix the line issue's then they will win the East, yes they will even beat your beloved Wynne (like they have 6 of the last 8 years), if they don't they will miss the playoffs. It's as simple as that.

Grond

Don't give Nettleton too much love for beating Pocahontas. This is the weakest Pochahontas team I have seen in the past 5 years.

I have great respect for the Batesville and Wynne football programs; but I am always cheering anyone to displace them, because these programs are so dominant in the 5A East.

The challenge in dealing with Batesville is not just on the field; you have to beat them on the sideline AND the press box (i.e., out-think the Batesville coaches). Nettleton has had trouble doing that.

The_Pioneer

I suspect this is the year Nettleton breaks through against us.  They've been close in the past. 

JessieP

Quote from: The_Pioneer on September 11, 2017, 11:18:59 am
I suspect this is the year Nettleton breaks through against us.  They've been close in the past.

I must say, when it comes to being negative about Batesville, the most prolific poster is The_Pioneer. When it comes to praising Wynne you barely crack the top 3, disparaging Batesville you stand alone. Congrats. I myself, along with the players, coaches and FANS, are not quite ready to pack in the season. If it's all the same to you we'll go ahead and play Nettleton, who know's? there may be a miracle and we win. Stranger things have happened.

bigchief72455

Quote from: Grond on September 10, 2017, 09:27:26 pm
Don't give Nettleton too much love for beating Pocahontas. This is the weakest Pochahontas team I have seen in the past 5 years.

I have great respect for the Batesville and Wynne football programs; but I am always cheering anyone to displace them, because these programs are so dominant in the 5A East.

The challenge in dealing with Batesville is not just on the field; you have to beat them on the sideline AND the press box (i.e., out-think the Batesville coaches). Nettleton has had trouble doing that.
I don't know about being weak. Just slow to get going. It was only week 2.

The_Pioneer

Quote from: JessieP on September 11, 2017, 12:36:47 pm
I must say, when it comes to being negative about Batesville, the most prolific poster is The_Pioneer. When it comes to praising Wynne you barely crack the top 3, disparaging Batesville you stand alone. Congrats. I myself, along with the players, coaches and FANS, are not quite ready to pack in the season. If it's all the same to you we'll go ahead and play Nettleton, who know's? there may be a miracle and we win. Stranger things have happened.

Rick Swines

Unless some major injuries happen Batesville isn't beating wynne. The we are playing I'd say we will be underdogs to nettleton and a toss up with vv. I think Batesville goes 5-2 in conference and our semi final streak is done.

JessieP

The_Pioneer and Rick Swines, 2 Pioneer "Fans" (wink wink, if you believe that then I've got some beachfront real estate to sell you) seem to think the season is set and done after week 2. You see die-hard fans like those two (giggle, cough) seem to have forgotten that during Batesville's 7 year semi-final run they always start slow. They also have forgotten a few years back, (it was the year Wynne had the qb that signed with Cincinnati), Wynne was ranked number 1 all year, they had returned something like 15 starters from the previous year's powerhouse team. Batesville was a pretty big underdog for that game having lost 3 times that year. They went to Wynne and guess what? yep, the skies opened, wine turned to water, frogs fell from the shy, rivers ran backwards, Obama married Rush Limbaugh in a secret ceremony and one other thing happened, Batesville beat Wynne. So does Batesville have some serious issue's to address? yes. Can they be fixed? yes. So I'd advise The_Pioneer and Rick to hold off on getting their Yellowjacket tattoo's colored in for a little while.

PA Dad

I agree with JessieP on this.  Batesville always seems to start slow against very good competition and then come on late in the year.  I still think Batesville will finish 1 or 2 in the East and make a deep run in the playoffs.

Overdahill

MDXPHD

Quote from: JessieP on September 12, 2017, 12:49:40 am
The_Pioneer and Rick Swines, 2 Pioneer "Fans" (wink wink, if you believe that then I've got some beachfront real estate to sell you) seem to think the season is set and done after week 2. You see die-hard fans like those two (giggle, cough) seem to have forgotten that during Batesville's 7 year semi-final run they always start slow. They also have forgotten a few years back, (it was the year Wynne had the qb that signed with Cincinnati), Wynne was ranked number 1 all year, they had returned something like 15 starters from the previous year's powerhouse team. Batesville was a pretty big underdog for that game having lost 3 times that year. They went to Wynne and guess what? yep, the skies opened, wine turned to water, frogs fell from the shy, rivers ran backwards, Obama married Rush Limbaugh in a secret ceremony and one other thing happened, Batesville beat Wynne. So does Batesville have some serious issue's to address? yes. Can they be fixed? yes. So I'd advise The_Pioneer and Rick to hold off on getting their Yellowjacket tattoo's colored in for a little while.

It's not like they don't want them to win. They're just being realistic. I'm a razorback fan, but I don't think we are beating Bama this season. Batesville is allowed to have some down years here and there. It's quite alright. Fans are allowed to think their team might not be as good as years in the past or that they might actually lose to somebody like Nettleton. Batesville will have a very hard time beating Wynne this season. I think Wynne is better than they were last year and Batesville isn't.

ViloniaEaglestoWMS

ViloniaEaglestoWMS

I must say, when it comes to being negative about Batesville, the most prolific poster is The_Pioneer.

ViloniaEaglestoWMS

ViloniaEaglestoWMS

The_Pioneer

ViloniaEaglestoWMS

Quote from: JessieP on September 12, 2017, 12:49:40 am

lol wut

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas