• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Greenwood @ Alma

Started by High Voltage, September 09, 2017, 07:35:21 am

Previous topic - Next topic

High Voltage

Sad to see this one go by the wayside. :'(

GW - 42
Alma - 0

P.F.G.

GW by however many they want. Hope both teams make it out of this game with no injuries.

The Future

Someone from Alma can fill more in or correct me if I'm wrong. Because I have nothing to base what I'm about say on other than simply looking at these past 2 games.
Van Buren while they ain't a powerhouse isn't necessarily a cupcake. But Alma only managed 21 points against them in the win. I know run based schemes won't produce 45+ point games every week but 21 still seemed low. Was Van Buren just that improved this year?
Springdale is on a great trend upward and has been improving the last few years and are a very good team. But in coach Ls 4 years at Alma, the Dales won the first 2 years then only lost by 1 last year. And all of coach Ls Alma teams have been very good. Only real blunder was that first year they came up to 6A and went 6-6. Was this years Springdale team that much better than last years?

Point I'm working to is is this maybe sort of a rebuilding year for Alma? Or is their non con strength of schedule just that good? Because from an outsider with little knowledge looking in, I almost had Alma penciled in as the West champs. But now it's looking like I need to hold off on that.

I hope I don't sound too ignorant on the subject and this made some sense lol. Like I said someone from Alma can give me more insight. Isn't there a current Airedale teammate on here I think? Maybe he can throw in some food for thought.

I didn't wanna think it. But Voltage, the final meeting (for now) between Greenwood and Alma resulting in a goose egg isn't too far of a stretch.

I'm gonna put some bit of optimism in there though.
Greenwood 41
Alma 14
For the third week in a row, Greenwood holds their opponent to a scoreless half. Then Alma is able to get in some punches late against backups and reserves.

High Voltage

Quote from: The Future on September 09, 2017, 08:26:17 am
Someone from Alma can fill more in or correct me if I'm wrong. Because I have nothing to base what I'm about say on other than simply looking at these past 2 games.
Van Buren while they ain't a powerhouse isn't necessarily a cupcake. But Alma only managed 21 points against them in the win. I know run based schemes won't produce 45+ point games every week but 21 still seemed low. Was Van Buren just that improved this year?
Springdale is on a great trend upward and has been improving the last few years and are a very good team. But in coach Ls 4 years at Alma, the Dales won the first 2 years then only lost by 1 last year. And all of coach Ls Alma teams have been very good. Only real blunder was that first year they came up to 6A and went 6-6. Was this years Springdale team that much better than last years?

Point I'm working to is is this maybe sort of a rebuilding year for Alma? Or is their non con strength of schedule just that good? Because from an outsider with little knowledge looking in, I almost had Alma penciled in as the West champs. But now it's looking like I need to hold off on that.

I hope I don't sound too ignorant on the subject and this made some sense lol. Like I said someone from Alma can give me more insight. Isn't there a current Airedale teammate on here I think? Maybe he can throw in some food for thought.

I didn't wanna think it. But Voltage, the final meeting (for now) between Greenwood and Alma resulting in a goose egg isn't too far of a stretch.

Greenwood 41
Alma 14
For the third week in a row, Greenwood holds their opponent to a scoreless half. Then Alma is able to get in some punches late against backups and reserves.
The GW "D" is pretty darn stout Future. I don't think Alma is better than either Fort Smith School. That's what I based my prediction on.

Youngsta71701

ghostoffootballpast

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on September 09, 2017, 11:31:55 am
Greenwood in a route.

That's an easy pick.  Greenwood is cream of the crop.

AIREDALE25

Greenwood- 48
Alma- 0
After Springdale this is enough said.

AT

Quote from: AIREDALE25 on September 09, 2017, 05:33:39 pm
Greenwood- 48
Alma- 0
After Springdale this is enough said.

If this is the score, it's not because of the Springdale outcome...Greenwood is a very, very good team.

footballfan-tastic

Greenwood is very good, very very good, with one of their best defensive teams in a while.  Look for them to be back in the finals.

Almahasbeen

While #21 is by far one of the best WR's in the state, until alma learns how to not stare him down every play, or we start spreading the ball alittle more, we will not be these big teams... this is a characteristic that alma has had every year that we have had a star athlete.

P.F.G.

Greenwood 41
Alma 14

This will be a tough year for Alma. We seem to really struggle throwing the football. Even with the best WR in school history outside of McCoy and we still can't move the ball. Our qb is a very tough player and he will run you over. Just seems like we really struggle with moving the ball outside of Running with the QB.

This is one of if not the best GW team under RJ's era. Sad to see the last game between these two schools. Hope everyone has safe travel and both teams walk away with everyone healthy.

Paw-Paw

Greenwood 41
Alma 14

Van Buren has stepped up a notch and Walter Green (RB) is going to be the driving force for the Pointers offense so if you can contain him and make sure you keep him running East and West instead of North and South, you can really limit how much he can dictate the game. Isiah Nicols is a D1 Commit for Springdale and Alma's offensive line did not allow a sack in that game against Springdale and so we are seeing improvement on this new line seeing that we lost all of the starters and their backups from last year. Zac Clark has probably one of the best defenses he has had for the Bulldogs and they got a great matchup on Friday against Russellville which will be a game I want to keep updates for.

Plus this rivalry isn't going to go away because it is only a matter of time before either us or Greenwood move into the respective conference and the rivalry will get notched back up at that time.

AIREDALE25

Last time for Greenwood and Alma to play?

P.F.G.

Until GW gets bumped back down to 5A in 2020.

High Voltage

Quote from: P.F.G. on September 14, 2017, 06:47:10 am
Until GW gets bumped back down to 5A in 2020.
That will be ugly.

P.F.G.

That PA game will be fun to watch though.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas