• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Potential Job Openings at the End of the Season

Started by CoachJ, January 28, 2008, 12:24:30 am

Previous topic - Next topic

CoachJ

Well the conference season for most classifications is almost over and it's time for teams to start looking forward to the district, regional, and state tournaments.  However, those teams not fortunate enough to make it to the post season may have to go in a new direction.  It is still early, but if you know of coaches who may be retiring, relinquishing their coaching duties, or even leaving the school post that information here.

OC

motivate

Manila boys or girls? Didn't they get a new girls coach this year?

CoachJ

FreeMoney

herws

CoachJ

Just checked the AAA website and the Little Rock Christian head boys job is open.

www.ahsaa.org

click bulletin board on the left

Rulesman

Quote from: Coach J. on February 08, 2008, 05:37:11 pm
Just checked the AAA website and the Little Rock Christian head boys job is open.

www.ahsaa.org

Old news. Pennell announced his retirement at the end of the year some time ago.

CoachJ

February 10, 2008, 02:50:45 am #8 Last Edit: February 10, 2008, 02:55:40 am by Coach J.
Quote from: Rulesman on February 09, 2008, 10:48:04 pm
Quote from: Coach J. on February 08, 2008, 05:37:11 pm

www.ahsaa.org

Old news. Pennell announced his retirement at the end of the year some time ago.

It was just posted on the AAA website...so it's not old news to some.

warrior62

I think Wickes Boys will be open.  What happened there?

oldguy_21

Anybody know the story with Gathen at Camden.  It was in Sunday's Democrat that he was resigning at the end of the season.

CoachJ

oldguy_21

prhogs22

MikeDieselâ„¢

Quote from: oldguy_21 on February 18, 2008, 11:44:44 am
Anybody know the story with Gathen at Camden.  It was in Sunday's Democrat that he was resigning at the end of the season.

Hadn't heard that. 

sportsman30

Are there any updates on the job opening and? who are some of the front runners for the current openings that have been announced?

MikeDieselâ„¢

I let the coach make the decision and then I complain about the decision if we lose.  hehe

silvers

Fayetteville Ramay junior high needs a junior girls basketball coach.

purpledawg

Quote from: zebra on March 06, 2008, 02:39:53 pm

and a jr. Boys coach, looks like Cook is going to be an asst. at the new Rogers High School

Quite Frankly

He won't bring much to the table, but he certainly is capable of clearing one.

hoops22

Quote from: Quite Frankly on March 06, 2008, 07:05:48 pm
He won't bring much to the table, but he certainly is capable of clearing one.
That is funny!

THis guy is something else. Every article in the paper after they lose he spends time bashing refs, his players, or the other coaches. The fact is he is the problem. Gebhart and administrators at fayetteville had to ban him form the media during the season.

Missco

Rulesman

March 11, 2008, 01:39:06 pm #26 Last Edit: March 11, 2008, 02:44:26 pm by Rulesman
Quote from: Missco on March 11, 2008, 10:34:32 am
Could Blytheville be open?
Where did you hear that? I'm shocked!  :o

oldguy_21

What's the story over there Missco, and why did those posts get removed from NEAR?

Missco

I removed them. I posted about it then realized it might not be the time to post it on that board. He might stay but I have heard that Hixson is thinking about just teaching and being the asst. AD. I hope he stays becuse I fear that they would not make a good hire to replace him.

Rulesman

Quote from: Missco on March 11, 2008, 04:46:05 pm
...I have heard that Hixson is thinking about just teaching and being the asst. AD...
To my knowledge, Blytheville has never had an "assistant AD." Where did that come from? I find it hard to believe the AD at any 5A school needs an assistant.

MikeDieselâ„¢

Quote from: Rulesman on March 11, 2008, 09:28:59 pm
Quote from: Missco on March 11, 2008, 04:46:05 pm
...I have heard that Hixson is thinking about just teaching and being the asst. AD...
To my knowledge, Blytheville has never had an "assistant AD." Where did that come from? I find it hard to believe the AD at any 5A school needs an assistant.

It was kind of a reward for the state championship I think.  He is the Assistant AD.  He mostly does AD stuff during football season while Quinn works basketball, baseball, gymnastics, and such

Missco

You are correct Mike Diesel.  A lot of school's give coaches titles with extra duties to reward them. Coaches at a lot of school's act as dean of student's. These jobs exsist for various reasons.

oldguy_21

Don't know what will happen, but I think he was sick with the way those guys just shut it down at the end of the season.  How many years does he have in and how many at Blytheville. It would be tough on Blytheville to lose a coach of that caliber.

Missco

It's the only place he has ever coached, he came there when Ebbs was the coach.

Rulesman

Quote from: Missco on March 12, 2008, 10:35:11 am
It's the only place he has ever coached, he came there when Ebbs was the coach.
... and he is a CLASS ACT, too... one of my all-time favorites to work for!

herws

Missco

Yes to some degree. The East is just going to be very tough the next few years.

herws

Yes it is. FC and HWH will make it even tougher.

silvers

Quote from: purpledawg on March 06, 2008, 04:30:10 pm

It is now official Ramay needs a junior high boys coach, also.

and a jr. Boys coach, looks like Cook is going to be an asst. at the new Rogers High School

CoachJ

Quote from: purpledawg on March 06, 2008, 04:30:10 pm

Is this an attractive job in NWA? 

Quite Frankly

Some serious talent seems to go through there on the junior high level.

footballguy

Paris senior high girls head coach and asst junior high.

http://paris.k12.ar.us/

Mike Foster is the new Head Coach of senior high boys and for now junior high boys. They will be hiring a asst. coach from within the school. There are a couple of teaching jobs open so, if you are new to coaching you might be able to get the job by applying as a teacher. The junior high head coach will be up before to long.

FreeMoney

What happened to the guy they had?? Didn't Foster use to coach at Lavaca?

footballguy

Quote from: FreeMoney on March 17, 2008, 11:21:34 am
What happened to the guy they had?? Didn't Foster use to coach at Lavaca?

He was forced to resign. Foster did Coach at Lavaca but, came to Paris to be asst. Senior high and head coach of Junior high. He is now the head coach of both until they find a teacher within the school that will help him out.

FreeMoney

The boys coach was forced to resign?? I know they had some trouble with the girls coach.

coach_d24

March 19, 2008, 01:53:26 pm #45 Last Edit: March 20, 2008, 08:30:02 am by coach_d24
Think he was talking bout Foster being forced to resign at Lavaca. 

Check out #154 at the bottom of the page.

http://www.badjocks.com/archive/jul1104.htm

He was at Harisburg after that.  Left there before last season.

bbeagle

March 26, 2008, 10:22:03 am #46 Last Edit: March 26, 2008, 11:53:34 am by bbeagle
Quote from: coach_d24 on March 19, 2008, 01:53:26 pm

No  was talking about Paris' senior high boys coach. Coach Jones. He knew he was going to have to resign BEFORE he took the boys to state and regionals. Foster will be the new head coach for the senior high and junior high boys. They are not going to hire another coach outside of our school they are going to give the assistant job to someone at the school. Jones will remain a teacher until his contract is up at the end of next year.  Our senior high girls coach resign as well but, it was right before the Cabot police came an arrested him at school. For having sex with a 14 year old girl at Cabot in 2005.So the senior high girls job is still open.But, no job opening for the boys.

bbeagle

Now Jones' wife  which is a teacher is having kids to sign a petition to say that he was unfairly asked to resign. He has been told for over two years if he didn't conduct himself better he would have to leave! Is that unfair? Don't think its fair for a teacher to ask kids to sign a petition either. She's their teacher sure they will sign it. She has to give them their grades in class! Thats just wrong.

proudmommaeagle

Quote from: coach_d24 on March 19, 2008, 01:53:26 pm

I did not know this! I was under the impression he had just had marital problems! I couldn't get the link to let me read the whole story. Do you know where I could find the whole article?
I found this one that said he had been arrested for the same thing in 1985 but, I want to read the more recent one.
http://swtimes.com/articles/2004/07/04/news/export66870.txt

Missco

Blytheville is officially open. Hixson has resigned and will stay on just to  teach and be asst. AD. This would be a great job for the right person.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas