• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Riverview Boys and Girls jobs are open

Started by big_ups, April 02, 2010, 09:09:26 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Sourmilkstain

Well if your source is a coach, I wouldn't blame a single one of them if they weren't allowed to set up their own system and go w/it.  I know if someone was constantly in my ear at work trying to tell me how to do my job, I would probably start looking somewhere else as well.

Sportsnutt

Any word on the girls coach?  I heard a rumor that there has been a hire.

Sourmilkstain

Heard his name is Smith & he is from Beebe school?  May be wrong on part or all of that, but this was the rumor I heard.

Baller Fan35

Quote from: Sportsnutt on May 18, 2010, 03:13:28 pm
Any word on the girls coach?  I heard a rumor that there has been a hire.
Girls coach will start on Wednesday, his name is Ryan Smith, formally of the Beebe Badgers.  Boys coach, Laffoon, on Thursday and it's about time.  Players are looking forward to the new Coaches and a new season.

fredthompson

Sourmilkstain

What do you know about him fred?  Never really heard much about him.  Smith that is.  I've heard plenty on Laffoon.

fredthompson

May 21, 2010, 02:40:08 pm #56 Last Edit: May 21, 2010, 05:12:49 pm by fredthompson
Coach Smith has done a great job with the Beebe girls and is a class guy! You will like his discipline.

Sourmilkstain

thats what I like to hear!!! a coach w/discipline!  well I really hope he can do something w/that good group in Jr High!  they have what seems to be a paved road for success ahead if they will all stick together.

Magic Man Fan

Quote from: fredthompson on May 21, 2010, 02:40:08 pm<br />Coach Smith has done a great job with the Beebe girls and is a class guy! You will like his discipline.<br />

Fred, where are you from?   Just wondering how you got your info on Smith. 
He better have some discipline going to Riverview.  Those girls need it. 

Mike Love

Coach Ryan Smith was an assistant under Rick Treadway at Sheridan for 5 years, before he got the Beebe jr. high girls job. He will do a great job, he learned his x's o's from one of the best. He did an outstanding job at Beebe, where he turned that jr. high program in to perennial winners.

Sourmilkstain

I respect Treadway a lot!  So if this coach was kept by him for 5 yrs, says good things about him.  Have heard that he has delivered a couple of very impressive teams in jr high the last couple yrs.  like to see if any of the Beebe girls follow him.
Sounds like the View MIGHT have gotten a hidden treasure.

Sourmilkstain

watched a little bit of practice last week & I am very impressed w/the hire of Laffoon!  kids seemed really excited & were working their tails off for him in a hot gym.  so far things are looking really up for the View it seems.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas